PDA

View Full Version : SSBM question (involves L-cancel & wavedash)

Kari and Mewtwo
23rd September 2003, 10:23 PM
just how is it performmed and does it make your character perform a flip or absolutely nothing? i just wanted to know since most of my attempts were either air dodges close to the ground.

Also, how is a wavedash pulled off from a stationary point? i can usually do wavedashes if i jump high then do it as soon as i hit the ground, but is there a way to pull it off while standing?

SuperLedian
24th September 2003, 09:42 PM
I've never heard the terminology your using for the moves before but i guess i'll try to explain here...

I suppose by the L-thing u mean: when falling from a blow towards the ground, L can be pressed right as your body hits the ground. it takes a little practice to master; it was easier to do with the Z-button on SSB. You do a stationary flip after pulling it off or you can tilt the control stick to a certain direction as u press L to immediately roll to that direction. Pretty useful for quick recovery (i might've misinterpreted your explanation, but i hope this helps in some way).

I think i know what you mean by wavedash. I've done it sometimes, usually by accident, then kinda figured it out like you did with jumping in the air then doing it as soon as the ground is hit. And I'm pretty positive it cant be pulled off at a stationary point. I think roll dodging's supposed to somewhat serve that purpose.

Strider
24th September 2003, 09:47 PM
The L-cancel is performed after an attack that has a long recovery rate, such as Link's aerial down A or Marth's aerial down A, is used. As soon as you hit the ground after an attack, tap the L button (I believe it works with the R button as well) and the character should recover faster than normal.

The wavedash is pretty easy to pull off from a stationary point. All you do is *slightly* tap the X or Y button to make your character jump up a tiny distance off the ground, and then quickly do a diagonal air dodge towards the ground. If done correctly, the character is going to slide forwards or backwards, respectively. Again, you must air dodge diagonally down as soon as you tap the X or Y button.

Well... hope I explained it well. :wave:

Ultimate Pikachu
25th October 2003, 11:29 PM
Wavedash: Jump and immedeatly do an Air Doge angled down left or down right. A faster way to get around with some characters.

L-Cancel:When you do an aerial attack and land before the attack is finished you are stunned on the ground for a split second. Press L or R RIGHT WHEN YOU LAND to reduce the lag by a lot.