PDA

View Full Version : <Club> Charmander Central® v 6 {M-A}

Lady Vulpix
24th September 2003, 02:07 PM
Approved by Shaz and a special bonus review/approval by Little_Pikachu (during the big club trauma)
Thank you x 10000000!

Rules:

* Only admins may create new topic/meetings for Charmander Central, and only admins may hand out plushines.
* No offensive swearing/insulting others.
* Please, if you want to cyber, get a room. This is not a room.
* Sex is a topic we like to avoid here.
* Anybody can join at any time, and if you're new, do say so so that everybody can welcome you here.
* Please maintain quality posts at all times.
* Plushies will not be given out unless you request one with a quality post.

The Admins:
* PancaKe (also the creator of the club)
* Lady Vulpix
* Nala98
* ASHarris

Plushies:

Unlimited Plushies:

* Totodile
* Chikorita
* Charmander
* Mareep

Limited Plushies:

This time the theme is the recent equinox. You can choose any one of these plushies, regardless of what side of the Equator you live on.

* Shiny Voltorb Plushie.
* Race Against The Clock Rapidash Plushie (with a clock)

Honor Plushie: PancaKe plushie
In honor of: founding this club and working on keeping it up and running.
Past honor plushies: Lady Vulpix, Little_pikachu, PMK, Jay, Cheesey.

Plushies By Request:
If you wish you can request for us to get in new special plushies that will go by the Special Edition Plushies. These are a form of limited plushies except that they are not just basic pokemon or pokemon sets. These plushies are from already made things such as fanfics, RPGs, ASB teams, maybe even your adopties could now have plushies of them. Before you go getting plushies from Fics or RPG's please ask the owner of the fic/rpg if they wouldn't mind you using their characters to get plushies. Plushies can be pokemon only. If you want plushies of your adopties or ASB team you may only request them if you want them to look a bit different, to have extra items (like a Pikachu might have a pink hat with purple dots) or if you make up the pokemon. CC Admins have any right to reject requests if they dont' meet the guidelines.

What's a Plushie?

By now everybody knows. But in case you're new to this forum or simply haven't seen them yet, plushies are imaginary soft cuddly toys that you can display on shelves, play with, trade, or even use as a sleeping companion. Only Charmander Central, Pokemon Hangman and Expedia may hand out plushies. You can build your plushie collection with getting one of the unlimited plushies first, then getting them every time they come in.

Contacting us:

You can contact:

PancaKe

* AIM: MistyDeeDee
* MSN: punky_moo_monkey@hotmail.com

LadyVulpix
* AIM: Lady Vulpix G

Nala98
* AIM: TLKsNala98

ASHarris
* AIM: Yumeriru Aurora

Discussions:

On this club, there should always be a discussion going on. This time, it will be about formality.
Do you treat people formally or informally most of the time? Which way do you prefer to be treated, and why? Does this change depending on where you are/what you're doing?

Wolfsong
24th September 2003, 02:20 PM
Its good to see this place back in business.

Do you treat people formally or informally most of the time? Which way do you prefer to be treated, and why? Does this change depending on where you are/what you're doing?

It depends on if i know them really well or not. If they are good friends of mine, then I pretty much treat them informally. Also I prefer to be treated informally, becuase thats just me. I don't pretend to be somethign i'm not and in general i don';t care much for fancy for fermale stuff. However, if a situation calls for it, I can treat and act formal, it just makes me feel awkward

Also about those special request plushies. Might i have one of my umbreon Kovu? ^^

Edit: Yay, I'm the first person to post in here ^^

Lady Vulpix
24th September 2003, 02:27 PM
I have to go now, so I'll post more later. For now, Amy, thanks for posting, thanks for applying (as you can see, your name's already on the main post) and the Kovu plushie's all yours. :)

Knight of Time
24th September 2003, 02:30 PM
Boy, am I glad this club is back.

This is a nice topic btw.

Regarding the way I treat others, I treat my former teachers formally, but I rarely treat my friends formally. I might treat them formally if I was upset with at least one of them. I can remember that one teacher in particular often treated me formally, calling me "Mr. Wightman" instead of Kyle at times. I don't mind it that much. I prefer to be treated informally because being called "Mr." can get annoying over time. This hardly changes though... 'shrug'

I could use a new plushie from this great place, since I lost track of what plushie(s) I got at the old Charmander Central. Could I have an Equinox plushie (I assume people can (still) only get one plushie here, right?) please?

Gabi, if you can make me (I probably won't be the only one wanting one of these plushies) an icon for an Equinox plushie I'd greatly appreciate it.

Cheesey
24th September 2003, 02:54 PM
I've never seen this place, and I'm not entirely sure how it works... o.o;

It depends who I'm talking to, really. If it's someone like my mother, father, or a teacher or just someone with a high authority then I treat them formally. If it's someone else that I know, then I'm not very good at treating them formally x_x; I do however try my best, unless it's someone I really dislike ._.;;

I like to be treated with decency. Sure you don't have to be nice, and fair enough if I got on the wrong side of you have have every right to treat me less nicely. I do expect to be treated with respect if someoen doesn't know me - I'd do the same back.

If I'm busy I'm usually very absorbed in what I'm doing. If I'm free and doing nothing then I'll be nicer, when I'm busy I tend to... snap =/ If people woud warn me before they start talking to me when I'm doing something then I'd be okay.

Could I please get a Mareep plushie? It'll be of my Mareep, Lightning ^_^ No special features, just a plain cute 'n cuddly Mareep. XD

LightNinetales
24th September 2003, 03:06 PM
Charmander Central?You said "Charmander" and "Plushie",Lady Vulpix....and I just love these words....

I don't treat people formally.(except my teachers)I prefer to be treated informally(well,I prefer my teachers to treat me formally) because when people treat me formally,it makes me nervous.

I have a question about the plushies:
Could I have a Charmander one?I love Charmander^_^

Discothéque
24th September 2003, 03:07 PM
I'm very formal myself until I actually know someone, at which I loosen up to. So normally, if I'm just meeting a person, I'm formal towards them. However, if I've known them for a while, I'm somewhat informal towards them. I don't really mind if I'm greeted formal / informal, as it doesn't bother me which is chosen. And as I stated previously, it does change depending on what I'm doing, but since I normally don't introduce myself to people, so I'm mainly informal. ^^; But informal of the sense of not calling people by their last names, and no posh greetings and all that. xD

-

Same as Kyle. I've lost most of my older Charmander Centrel plushies, only remembering a few... [Well, I only remember my Lady Vulpix plushie, actually. xD]

I'll take one of the Honor plushies of Jay. =P Bwah, hah, hah. xD

Espeon12
24th September 2003, 03:49 PM
I was wondering when this would come back. Glad it finally did. ^^ Now, on to the discussion...

I prefer being talked to informally. I have this thing where it takes me a while to become open to people, and formality can sometimes seem like a setback to me. It kind of makes me feels as though I'm not being taken seriously; that I'm being talked down to. I hate that. The students in my school talk to teachers a little less formally than in other places; it's become a sort of cultural thing to just call them "Mister" or "Miss" rather than including their last name. Sounds rude, I know, but most don't mind and have no problem talking to students in a friendly way. I have more admiration for people that manage to treat me like a normal person and respect my opinions informally.
I very, very rarely treat people formerly, unless I have a great deal of respect for them or it's an adult I've just met. I'm not rude or anything to people, but I hate not being able to act myself and formality just makes it seem as though you don't want to get to know someone. I've already mentioned that it takes a while for me to open up to someone, and if I'm not comfortable when I'm talking I probably never will.
I don't think I've been in too many situations where I've had to act especially formal to anyone. Sure, I'm not going to act like an idiot when talking to the principal or something, but I never get all that serious at most times. Of course, around my friends formality is nonexistant and with any former teachers we've had, we speak in an almost buddy-buddy kind of way.

I guess I'll start my Charmander Central plushie collection over again, and take a Charmander plushie and a Fall Gligar plushie, please.

Hexae
24th September 2003, 03:57 PM
Alright, I'm a bit confused, heh. I'm new here. I'd like a special plushie that looks like my Opala, if that's okay. (Eevee with blue rings, blue eyes, half rainbow half white ruff, black fur.)

I treat my friends informally, because if I start talking all proper when they're talking casual, it's a real way to look like a nerd. =\ I prefer to be treated normally, aka formal. Same as on the internet. Sure, I'll say 'lol' if something is funny, but I use grammer, punctuation, and such.

I guess it does depend on what I'm doing. I treat my teachers very formally in class, etc, as well as my parents.

Elemental Seribii
24th September 2003, 04:12 PM
I remember this! ^-^; I have no idea what plushies I used to have, though. Oo;

I usually prefer to be treated informally, because it usually makes me more comfortable with the person I'm talking to. Unless it's teachers, or adults I don't know, then I prefer formal. I usually treat people around my age that I've just met somewhere inbetween formal and informal, sort of like an old friend you haven't seen for ages, I'm not too sure why.
I only become really formal at weddings, and stuff like that, when there are lots of people I don't know in one place.

Could I take a Chikorita plushie, and if I can, a Bellosom too. ^-^;

Mew Trainer Rose
24th September 2003, 09:11 PM
I remember Charmander Central I was never a member, but people mentioned it a couple times when I used to read Lapras Valley High. I was thinking about this club the other day, too. All i could remember about it was that you could get plushies. ^_^

as for teh discussion, I tend to be semi-formal with people I don't know too well. On the internet, and with people i know very well, like my family and close friends, I'm informal. I'm usually most formal around elderly relatives who I only see a few times a year. I also write fairly formally when I'm doing a paper for school, because they want you to have all the proper grammar and such anyway. :) On another message board where I moderate the Pokemon forum, I've recently seen a bunch of spammers posting junk in the forums, flaming people, and other spam. When i get really ticked off at them, I've noticed that I talk very formally, which I feel is because I would otherwise start yelling. Which would not be a good thing. And being exceptionally formal is a much-preffered alternative.

Ok, how does the plushie thing work? can we only get one per discussion or something? In any case, I'd like the Spring Bellosom. :)

Oh, and I was curious if I could make a Bellosom holding a basket of flowers, so I made this thing. The basket and flowers kinda don't look right to me, but i want so see what someone else thinks. What do you think, folks?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Pidgeot
24th September 2003, 09:20 PM
This seems like an awesome club, so I think I shall join! :D

Normally I am quite a semi formal person. I am constantly notifing people of their grammatical mistakes, both online and in real life, and have a really bad habit of correcting peoples spelling mistakes. I dont do this on TPM (because most of the people here have perfect grammar and spelling) but several of my other online friends get really brassed off when our conversation consists mainly of: Its obviously, not obvusly. I would say, however, that ym grammar does change in certain situations. When I argue online, Im very informal. In some posts, Im informal. I prefer to be treated the waty I treat others, which is mostly semi formal, but with short, quick bursts of informality. :)

May I have an Equinox plushie, to start of my collection, if its not too much trouble?

Jay
25th September 2003, 02:51 AM
Anyone I encounter that I've never greeted before, or even people I know whom will discriminate due to what I may perhaps execute, then you will habitually perceive that I'll handle the other populace more routinely ceremonial.

However I always attempt to shun this and want to feel more lenient around others whenever possible. Due to my persona this frequently doesn't work. I do feel more lenient around my parents and care-free, but in public and even around undergraduates/students I tend to feel overwrought. This is quite normal, it probably won't change any time soon, so I'll have to adapt to it rather than exonerate it wholly.

I treat everyone, on average, formally because I don't want to make an idiot of myself visibly.

Weird enough, I would not like to be treated officially all the time - that would be rather bizarre and lifeless. I prefer to be treated as someone who enjoys the company of brusque people - they can be very comical, which are the people I fancy most. Would this be the time to change? Not likely, it would just feel weird predictably.

The location and whereabouts would definitely change this. If I were in a more enclosed space with lots of people, I wouldn't act relaxed because I know someone will make me out to be the fool I am anyway. If it were more secretive then I wouldn't care how I act, since I know only one person would care, and one person I'm engaged on.

Equinox can be easily created with an ordinary Solrock and Lunatone - the spring one is old school plushie, one that I rather dislike. I would select the Fall Gligar, but I can't resist an Honor Plush of myself, so I'll opt for that please if I may. Nice to see this place back up. :)

Lady Vulpix
25th September 2003, 09:03 AM
Christina, I see we have a lot in common!
I don't like formality, I feel uncomfortable with it and I feel like the person who treats me formally wants to keep me at a distance. I do treat others formally when it's required (cases in which the person would be offended otherwise), but in general I prefer to treat others informally (which doesn't mean I treat them with less respect at all, it means I tend to treat them as equals). I treat my students informally, and I was quite unconfortable when one started treating me by "usted" (that's a kind of treatment that doesn't exist in English, it's a formal way of saying "you"). As for correctness... What can I say?, my informal speech is gramatically correct and I do have the same habit Connor has been talking about, though I try my best not to offend people by correcting their mistakes. I don't think that has anything to do with formality, though.

Everyone who asked for plushies, gets them.

Yes, Kyle, you can still get only one limited edition plushie of each series. And yes, you can use the Equinox plushie attached to this post. I'm picking one of those too.

Nice image, Rose! I have another on my Items page (http://forboards.tripod.com/Items.html) from the last time we had it, but mine is smaller. I guess people can use either of those images. If you want to share yours, that is.

It's great to see so many people posting here. I hope the club remains this active. :)

*Murkrow
25th September 2003, 01:24 PM
Hey, I've heard of this place, now its nice to be able to join it^_^

Unless its really required, I tend to treat people informally. I find that people are more likely to act themselves informally rather than feeling that they have to put on an act.

I definitely prefer to be treated informally. I'm very shy and if I'm treated formally I find that I have an even harder time talking because I feel like the person/people I'm talking to are judging me. Informally it helps put me at ease and I have a lot easier time communicating with them.

I used to act more formally towards my teachers though admittably, the formality did decrease the longer I was at my school, as I kept on getting the same ones every year, therefore I got to know them more.
Now that I'm in Sixth Form, the teachers treat you like normal human beings, which makes it a lot easier to speak to them informally, which as I've said, I prefer.
With everybody else I treat them informally unless it's required of me to be formal or I've only just met a person, and even then, the formality goes after a little while of talking to them.

Um, may I have a Chikorita plushie please?

Wolfsong
25th September 2003, 02:08 PM
Something i didn't mention is that i do try to treat my teachers (current, and former) formally. Though there are a few that I am really close to now that i still call them Miss, Mrs. so and so, but other thna that thye are real good friends of mine and they give me hugs and all whenever i see them. Tey are always asking me how i'm doing, how my parents are doign, etc, so i'm sorta less formal with those.

I don't mind people correcting me when i make typos and such. I try and correct them myself, but i tend to miss some of the funnier ones that my friends pick up on and let me know *laughs at the ones that made the list* XD

Welcome to Charmander Central Sneasel(h)Obsessive. I hope you enjoy it here. You may have the chikorita pluahie.

Yumemiru
25th September 2003, 06:01 PM
Ah, sweet memories.

I suppose I will return here. I have more time on my hands than I used to... sometimes.

When I first meet people, whether or not I react formally depends on the situation. If I meet someone who is considered a superior in some form or another, it's friendly but formal. Otherwise it tends to just be friendly. I'm a very informal person, and if you'll allow me to interact with you informally, I will. Unless I don't like you. Then I will always be very formal.

Of course, my TPM persona contradicts this. Here, I am usual formal, and only informal on rare occassions or with people I know fairly well. I suppose that just goes to show that online life is not necessarily reflective of reality.

I'm also the type of person who would love to walk around without certain articles of clothing. Modesty is a formality I like to live without.

I used to be an admin here. I helped mold CC into what it is today, or at least I like to think so. I admined Gabi. :) Though it was initially a temp-admin thing, I think.

Lady Vulpix
26th September 2003, 09:42 AM
Welcome back, Amanda! Yes, I remember that. It was at the EZBoard, when Tara was taking a month's leave. Then, when she returned, she decided to make it permanent. And now that you've asked to be an admin again and I said yes, we have both admined each other. :D

Mew Trainer Rose
26th September 2003, 10:17 AM
Sure, if people want to use my version of the Spring Bellosom plushie, they're more than welcome.

PancaKe
28th September 2003, 12:59 AM
Heyz. Whatzup?! ^.^ nice to see this running again. I'l start my plushie collection again - I'l get a Jay plushie and a Charmander plushie plz!

*takes plushies becuz she is an admin of CC.*

Oh yeah, and for the formal discussion. I am so not formal. Like I'm totally informal with everybody unless I have to be. In fact, I dont even know if i know how to be formal. Seriously - I'm just myself, and i'm not a very formal person. I just like being myself and being who I am and if I'm not formal then too bad. I'm just friendly to everybody, teachers even. :D my teachers are evil :yes: because they made my class write lines for two periods straight when I need to learn so i can pass science. >:(

But thats a different story.

Oh yeah, Gabbi, my email is changed. Now my email is: punky_moo_monkey@hotmail.com so if you could change it on the first post then that would be appreciated.

Thanks!

l8rz dudes.

~Mist

pokemasterfrank
28th September 2003, 03:30 AM
:O Yay! It's back. This is one of the first clubs I participated in :o (I think it was the only one, at the time I joined TPM >_>)

Do you treat people formally or informally most of the time?

I dunno. I think I treat adults formally and people around my age/younger then me informally.

Which way do you prefer to be treated, and why?

I don't really care. How they treat me is their decision. Informal or formal...*shrugs*

Does this change depending on where you are/what you're doing?

Nope...though being called Mr. <insert last name here> sounds quite odd, lol

*sifts through list of plushies* I already have a Charmander...I'll take a Jay Plushie please, lol :o

Matt
28th September 2003, 08:55 AM

I treat a lot of people formally; including teenagers sometimes. When I go to school, of course I call the teacher by their last name and add Mrs/Miss/Ms/Mr at the beginning. And I act formally towards the adults outside of my family since I don't know them too well. But on TPM I act informally to everyone a lot of the time. Even though I don't know them that much, it's just a habit of mine to act informally. Ah, it doesn't really matter if I'm treated formally or informally but I'm going to choose informally. I wouldn't like people acting formally towards me.. it's kind of weird. Yes, it would change depending on what I'm doing.

I would like an Honor Jay Plushie please and can I request a plushie? I want it to be a Matt loves Rachel plushie. ..what that is is a heart with Matt loves Rachel on the front of the heart. :O Thanks :)

Everoy
28th September 2003, 08:57 AM

I treat people informally most of the time, and I prefer to be treated informally. Never changes, I hate it when people call me Mr. G******... And I really hate it when my worst enemy calls me Mister Romeo. So what if all of my friends are girls? *will be very lucky when he gets older*

[grabs Equinox plushie]

Phantom of Innocence-BF
28th September 2003, 11:40 AM
Do you treat people formally or informally most of the time?
Well, it depends what my mood is at that specific time and who I am addressing. But I think it's safe to say that most of the time I treat people formally. I don't really open myself up to a lot of people, mostly because I don't trust people in general. However, I do have two or three close friends that I joke around with. We fool around and make fun of one another all the time. XD I cherish the time I spend with them because it takes my mind off of everyday stress.

Which way do you prefer to be treated, and why?
Hmm, I guess I'd like to be treated informally (but friendly) because it eases the mood and conversation. I'm usually shy around strangers but if I really get to know somebody and we develop a friendship, then they can expect to be treated informally back.

Does this change depending on where you are/what you're doing? Sure. It changes depending on my mood and the situation. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood to talk or take any bull from anybody.

May I have a Spring Bellossom plushie, please?

DarkPrincess
28th September 2003, 05:55 PM

I treat a lot of people formally so they don't get a negative image of me. I'd prefer to be treated respectfully when I am around a crowd. I'll feel bad if people are mean to me. It doesn't change that much depending on where I am. Be nice to me and I'm nice to you. ^^;;

Could I have a plushie based on what I'm planning on making my own Persian into? Orangish goldish with tan stripes. ^^;;

Lady Vulpix
28th September 2003, 07:10 PM
Wow, many people are taking Jay plushies! :)
Everybody gets the plushies they requested, including the two plushies by request for Matt and Rachel.

Rachel, the question was about being formal, not respectful. They're two different things. But I agree, that people should be treated with respect.

Welcome back, Tara! I've edited your info on the first post. Now we're all here! :D

Ok, any of the admins may come up with a new discussion topic now.

Oh, and Matt... Change your sig, please. It's offensive.

PancaKe
29th September 2003, 06:50 AM
Helloz. Yeah, a topic? Oh erm..

Lol I hate thinking up of topics. But you know what, its holidays in Australia! I love the holidays. What do you guyz normally do on the holidays? I normally hang out with my friends n stuff, and we have so much fun! Today, first day of holidays, I hung out with my friends at the skate park and it was so cool!

Oh yeah and, also - what's one of the most emotion affecting things you've found out. By that I mean, whats something you've found out about something or someone or you, and that has affected you emotionally. Like for me, there's this situation going on between me and my best friend Adam. My other friend Beth is convinced he likes me, I'm scard to like him because last time it took 8 months of hurt to get over him, and I've started to like him again because he's been acting like he likes me. Today I found out he likes another one of my close friends, Rebecca, and wants me to ask her out for him. Or wanted me to, luckilly she wasn't home. But its been bothering me for ages, and I know its going to stick around for a while, and it HURTS!!! Augh.

Anywya - these are the two topics:

1. What do you normally do in your school holidays/What was one of the most memorable holidays you've had.

Or..

2. What is one of the most emotionally affecting things that you've found out?

L8rz dudes.

~Mist

MarshmallowEgg
29th September 2003, 07:43 AM
Haha, I remember this place! Nice to see it up again!

Oh jeez... probably when I found out in February last year that the guy I liked had a girlfriend. That was really bad. I was really depressed for, like, 2 months. What made it worse was when we kind of stopped talking altogether, which was both of our faults, mostly mine because I got really shy around him. I ended up getting sick from being depressed and stressing about it so much; I missed a week of school. I'm a lot better now though... and we're still talking (well, fighting, really; we fight constantly, but it's more play-fighting than actual fighting).

Oh, and before I forget, could I have a Spring Bellossom plushie, please?

Jay
29th September 2003, 08:23 AM
I'm loved that people want my plushie, lol. *Huggles them all and throws CCPs at them* =P

I'm answering both discussions, as always.

1. What do you guys normally do on the holidays?
I'm on vacation right now also, but I've already been on holidays for one week; this is the last week. Go figure.

I haven't really done anything but linger in my abode on the PC, conversely, slumber appears to be the more prevalent time-wise. I've wedged in a couple more hours or so than I used to habitually during the school tenure. I'm enjoying the time off as much as I can, though a few rough edges has made my time off quite vain. Including a death of a close friend who prevented me from a suicidal attempt, and charges pressed against me for… some motive I committed months back.

My other holidays are pretty much the same, with the similar jagged turns to make it more natural. Last holidays I believe I bummed around at home, but was in a real predicament when I was looking for a new school to attend before the term started. The holidays before that were troubles with my best friend, who's the person pressing charges on me now. The holidays before that… oh come on, you expect me to remember everything? Yeah, basically I just burn time on the computer and wait for whatever unexpected surprise strikes me.

I don't plan to make my holidays more enjoying than what it already is. After all, it's what I want to do, so I can't complain. I would like the time off to be somewhat more benefiting for me, like a real vacation someplace interstate. Some times I do think I need it and that it would be really good for me, but that usually isn't possible. I prefer to stay home though - I have a difficulty interacting or just being around in public, and apparently any place we go contains life forms, so I prefer if they didn't know I existed lol. I'm comfortable at home, and if I must waste my vacation time there to feel relaxed then so be it.

Damn, looks like I'm going to have to talk about this now.

Well, probably the most emotional thing I've experienced is the loss (not death, just a loss) of probably the only friend I've made during my life, and something deplorable he had done. Note to the others, there weren't really many emotional events that had occurred during my time, so I'll just pick this one even though I don't feel any sort of distressed sentiment towards this erratic mess.

Basically, we've been friends for a few years. About one year after I started high school, he sort of felt sorry for me because I hung around by myself ever so occasionally, just doing nothing. I'll remain what I did secret since that's probably too uncomfortable and probably make the reader's think I'm just a sad freak. Anyway...

We became best friends one year later when his ex-best friend decided to exchange schools, so I was quite happy. I didn't really like that person after a while so I was ecstatic at the time that he did leave. Then this is where the trouble began. His friends despised me thinking I was no good, and they made such pitiful insults towards me all the time that were almost always ineffective unless they tried something physical. I was and still am tough to bring down emotionally; I guess I became acclimatized to those sorts of circumstances, thankfully.

I eventually opened up from my shell and made some new friends, though they weren't as good as he, they were still friends. He became awfully jealous of me since I had "more than him". I laughed about it for a while until he decided to ignore me and try to get me jealous of him and his 'gang'. I lost respect for him after that. The thing that brought me down is that he handed me a pocket knife when we were out of friendship mode and told me to go "cut my throat". I never did forget that moment, and I was so dismayed at the time, I did a lot of crazy things I forbid to name, including hacking his e-mail account, which is what I'm apparently having charges pressed on for. I went much further than that though, it's startling why that's the only reason why he's got the policed involved - he was never the brightest spark and everyone hated him for what he did. Whether he is truly pressing charges against me is something else to consider, or maybe it's just a threat. I don't really care, I'm ready for whatever.

Just finding out he hated me for that long was just enough to bring me down, and had felt depressed ever since after that, and screwed me up mentally. That was probably the start of my avoidance of the outside world, and I lost my trust in a lot of people. So yeah... that's probably it. *Walks off*

Lady Vulpix
29th September 2003, 09:21 AM
Oh, Jay, that was horrible!

I think the second thing that hurt me the most was to find out, at about the same time, that the guy I loved was gay and that my parents were about to get divorced.
The only thing that topped that was when my brother's problem started showing and, as one of its consequences, he told me I'd ruined his life. And everything that happened from then. It took me years to recover from all the parts of my life I lost due to his illness, and I still don't know what things will be like if and when he's ready to see me again.

Moving on to happier things, on holidays I usually go somewhere for a while, see my friends, write as much as I can, read as much as I can and, when possible, watch some movies and maybe a play. I really wish I were on holidays now. How do you get one in the spring?

Oh, and Megan, the Spring Bellossom Plushie is yours. :)

Yumemiru
29th September 2003, 05:19 PM
1. I train horses whenever I have free time. I also work at the theater here... Playhouse on the Square. We're doing an amazingly well done version of 'Macbeth' right now. Amy, you should come see it! Otherwise, on vacation time I sleep a lot. I haven't been on any vacation/holiday-related trips in a looong time. :(

2. Cancer. Let's just leave it at that.

Oooh!! Guess what guess what guess what! My sister.. is getting married!! I can't believe it. Her. Married. Next spring.

AHHHHHH!!!

Mew Trainer Rose
29th September 2003, 07:12 PM

Actually, what i'm thinking of is kind of when i realized somethgin had emotionally effected me a while after it did. or maybe while it was, i'm not quite sure.
A couple years back, i had a physical, probably because it was required before i entered the next grade in school. The doctor noticed a couple of things that were signs of depression, and found out that my grades had been a lot lower than they hed been in previous years. When she (the doctor) asked me if there was any major events in my life that might have caused me to become depressed, i could only think of the fact that i was still getting used to high school (i was in my freshman year). But my mom brought up teh fact that my best friend (and really, my only close friend) had moved away over teh summer before. she might have brought up a couple other things, but the doctor agreed that the pressures of starting high school added to the seperation from my best friend could be causes of depression. Mom and dad ended up sending me to a psychologist for a little while, even though i felt i wasn't depressed. A few years later when I looked back on it, though, I realized that I was very unhappy, and probably was at least a little depressed.
But I'm not anymore. :) Even though I never did find another friend who I was such good friends with.

I'll take an Equinox plushie this time.

Elemental Seribii
29th September 2003, 08:55 PM
I'll do both, because I can think of answers for them...^-^';

1. What do you normally do in your school holidays/What was one of the most memorable holidays you've had.
I used to almost always go to the U.S. during the summer and sometimes Christmas. Now that I've moved, I'm pretty sure most of my holidays will be spent with my family, just because I haven't been so close to them for a long time. My most memorable vacation is actually the ones that I spent in England, not going anywhere. Just because of my best friend's birthday parties in the summer, or just going somewhere and meeting people. Those were so much fun, I usually laughed so much during them, or whenever I met up with any of my friends.

Probably being told we all had to move - again. While I'm not an emotional person, I had to hug loads of people goodbye on the last day of school, who I've gotten to know so well. The thing that scares me is that I'll probably never see them again, and they were some of the best friends I ever had, and how they suddenly can becom so insignificant when they're so far away. I'm not the most social person, so making friends (all over again) is kinda tough for me.

pokemasterfrank
30th September 2003, 12:36 AM

Lets see, one of two things. Either my mom, aunt, uncle, and everyone else decide to go somewhere (like Canada, Seattle, both, or some other place), or I sit around in front of my computer all day for all the days straight, and I stay up until 2 AM watching anime (y)

Hmm...I would like a Fall Gligar please :o

PancaKe
30th September 2003, 08:43 AM
Wow, I wish i hadn't come up with the second "emotional" topic. Its' making the club seem a bit gloomy. I'm so sorry to hear all these bad things - but for my most emotional effecting thing its starting to feel a bit like a roller coaster. :S

You know how I was saying about my best friend liking some other girl when he was throwing signs that he liked me n stuff.
He's going out with thtat chick, and i'm so happy for them I was jumping up and down with him going "woo hoo!" Its so cool! But Its like being on a roller coaster, i'm gonna go downhill soon, and fast. ^^;;; At least this time I'm sort of prepared.

~Mist

Knight of Time
30th September 2003, 09:02 AM

Okay...

One day in April, I had told one of my mom's relatives about the recent birthday of one of my third cousins, and I was in for a major surprise when the relative told me that my third cousin (she is the same age as me, but only a few days younger) would be getting married sometime. After hearing about this incredible news, I suddenly got curious to when the wedding would be, and I learned a little bit more about it from my cousin and her fiance at a family reunion in August. I was pretty surprised when my cousin was actually holding a baby, who turned out to be the son of a girl that graduated in 2001 with me and my cousin (the girl is one of my cousin's closest friends, and the same age as well). My cousin is getting married sometime in June 2004 (I think).

Wolfsong
30th September 2003, 09:07 AM

Usually my parents and i go somewhere. This last time we were unable to do so because i had an appointment to have a scope done where we soon discovered that i had a hernia X.x The most memorable is the one when i was about 7 or 8 and we took my grandparents with us and we went to the Great Smoky Mountains. It was the first ad only one that i believe that they ever went on. They enjoyed it and i enjoyed having them with us.

Or..

Well, it would have to be getting kicked out of the PTA program at Jackson State on my biurthday 2 weeks short of graduation, and given a really weak excuse for it. My dad had some friends look into it and they cou;dn't see that i did anythign wrong that they only had too many people to allow to graduate and i was the scapoe goat. Until now, I've had no interest in the medical feild though i've got a knack for terminalogu and stuuf. But i'm finally going to attempt to go and talk wtih the advisor of the heath department to see what my options are. The weak excuse was that i could correcyly access how patients were respondng to treatment in the acute care setting. X.X

Anyway, May i have a Jay plushie and can i request one of my captured umbroen Ranec? He's white with black rings and brown eyes?

LightNinetales
30th September 2003, 09:18 AM
Can I request a plushie of my Ponyta,Will-O'?He's black with lavender eyes.:) :)

Wolfsong
30th September 2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by LightNinetales
Can I request a plushie of my Ponyta,Will-O'?He's black with lavender eyes.:) :)

Originally posted by Lady Vulpix

Approved by Shaz and a special bonus review/approval by Little_Pikachu (during the big club trauma)
Thank you x 10000000!

Rules:* Plushies will not be given out unless you request one with a quality post.

Unless you make a quality post, the answer is no ^^;; Sorry.

Lady Vulpix
30th September 2003, 10:16 AM
And yes, you can, Amy. http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif
As for Rose, sorry, but only 1 limited plushie of each series.
I'm thinking of taking a Jay plushie, but I'd like to know what it looks like. Jay, care to enlighten us?

Tara, I wouldn't like to make this a gloomy place either. But on the other hand, it's good to know that all of us have been capable of getting through hard times and moving on. It shows us how strong we are.

Amanda, you're in a play? I'd love to see it! (And to be in one too, I haven't been in a play since 1998).

Jay
30th September 2003, 10:28 AM
I'd love to see the play too!

Well, I asked TPMbot and he said Ditto, since I guess I'm too much of a multi-personality type person, I thought alright! lol.

The Ditto is blue and wears a white cap fit for him, that says "Jay" in red on the front.

Good enough Gabs?

Mew Trainer Rose
30th September 2003, 10:45 AM
Only 1 plushie of each series? ok. sorry, i just didn't knwo.

in that case, I'll take a Jay plushie. :)

Lady Vulpix
30th September 2003, 11:03 AM
Nice, Jay. :)
*Grabs Jay Plushie.*
Would it be something like this?

Matt
30th September 2003, 07:33 PM

Usually on my holidays I tend to sleep later than I can usually. Then, I stay on the computer all day either watching anime or chatting with a few of my friends. After all this, I stay up pretty late and watch even more anime, lol. I can't really think of a memorable holiday, but I'm going to say my Christmas holidays. On those, it snowed very much where I lived and allowed me to stay out of school that much longer :). And it was the biggest snow storm since like 1990, too!

Hm... I guess it was when I found out that both of my grandfathers had cancer. It was very shocking since only a month before they were perfectly fine, and they went to the doctor and found out about it. Then, they died not too long after they found out. It was very shocking to me since I hadn't had anyone that close to me die.

Um.. yeah, since I got an honor plushie last time, I can get a limited one now, can't I? If so, I would like an Equinox plushie, please. And can I make another request? I would like a plushie of my female Meowth, Tabitha, please? She has black fur, gray where the brown is supposed to be and yellow eyes. Thanks :)

Lady Vulpix
1st October 2003, 01:28 PM
Alright, you can have them, Matt. I've already drawn them anyway. :P

Hey, today is my anniversary! I've been on TPM for 3 years now! :D

Yumemiru
1st October 2003, 04:09 PM
I work at a local theater called Playhouse on the Square. I've been there for four years now. I usually just work backstage, as I'm doing for 'Macbeth'. Just come to Memphis and I'll get you a ticket. :P

My anniversary is coming up, too. October 31st. Go figure.

Lady Vulpix
2nd October 2003, 08:58 AM
Ah, I wish I could... But it's too far, too expensive and I'd lose a semester and my job at university if I took a vacation now.

*Murkrow
2nd October 2003, 03:07 PM

Nearly always I sleep in, then lounge about for nearly the entire day^_^ If I'm in the mood, I'll go on some games, watch tv, go on the internet, etc. I try to go on a bike ride once a day(gotta keep fit XD) but I do that all the time anyway. I nearly always end up going horseriding once or twice, and each year I promise myself that I'll start going regularly but I never do:P
Um, I don't really have any memorable holidays, more just memorable moments. The most recent was this year when I went riding in Ireland. Galloping along a beach was just excellent.

Um, may I have an Equinox Plushie please?

Hexae
2nd October 2003, 03:28 PM
Usually I stay on the computer most of the day, talk to my friends on MSN, and lastly: do homework. The most memorable? Hm.. probably the time when I had three snow days in a row, and I went on MSN just to make sure, and one of my friends was on. She was doing the same thing. We both kind of blurted out (or typed..) that there was no school. Heh.. it's not as funny if you don't know the person, unfortunately.

The probability that I have a 50% chance of developing cancer once I'm older. Not exactly a pretty thought. My dad, his brother, and my grandfather (plus countless ones before him) have had the gene (colon cancer for the most part), so most likely I'll get it. When I'm 18 I'm getting my blood checked, and I'll go from there. :\

I'd like an Equinox plushie, please. ^_^;

Lady Vulpix
3rd October 2003, 10:01 AM
I hope everything goes well, Amanda. Both you and Sneasel(h)Obsessive can have an Equinox Plushie.

PancaKe
5th October 2003, 05:28 AM
Congratulations Gabbi. I have to wait until next year for my three year aniversery. 15th February 2004 = 3 years for me.

Oh and by the way, would you guys know of any good image websites for plushie pics? I cant get Mewheart to load on my pc anymore, and I need pics not just for plushies but for my adopties. If anybody wants to see my site, its in my sig.

And Gabbi, I agree with you. I suppose sharing what we've been through shows we are strong and getting stronger as we go. Personally, my friends are what makes me stronger. My friends and my faith in Christ are able to make me stronger, and I'm so grateful for my friends. Dude, I was thinking this afternoon, what would i do if one of my friends died, and I honestly dont have a clue. I love my friends too much :)

~Mist

Lady Vulpix
5th October 2003, 08:47 AM
My friends are very important to me too. I don't know what I would do without them either, and I don't want to know.
Now, on to the links.

Here are some smilies you can use freely:
http://www.mysmilies.com/?archive=games/poke

Here are some you can use if the author(s) authorize you.
http://cferra_lx.tripod.com/pokemonsmilies.html/

And on my Items Page (http://forboards.tripod.com/Items.html), you can see my plushies, which you can also use (but I'd like you to ask me first, I'll most likely say yes).

PancaKe
5th October 2003, 09:48 PM
Thanks tons for those Gabbi. They're really good website - especially yours. Lol. I edited one of Vulpix so she looks like Fury which is so cool ^.^

You know what happened? Regarding my answer to the most emotional thing - my best friend and that chick he asked out right, lets call my best friend Monkey Boy and the girl Autumn. Okay Autumn texted my mobile the other day and told me that Monkey Boy dumped her, and then Monkey Boy on the phone says to me "I didn't like her but I did like her at the same time. And anyway, I like you more than I like her." So what does that mean? Any "romance" advice from matchmakers?

^^

~Mist

Lady Vulpix
6th October 2003, 08:11 AM
Sorry, I'm anything but a matchmaker. But I'm beginning to feel that posting on Charmander Central brings good luck. Do you know what happened with my most emotional event?

My brother agreed to see me again!! We met yesterday, and went to a Chinese fair, and while the whole situation was weird and over 3 years of dreams didn't prepare me for it, everything turned out right! We ended up talking about our lives, our stories, TV series, comics, anime, roleplaying, computer/console games, programming and most of the things we used to talk about as if we'd been together the day before. I can still hardly believe it. And I had no idea I would see him! My dad had invited me to the fair and I only noticed my brother when I was about to open the door of the car to get it. :o So please forgive me if I'm ranting, but this was incredible for me! It was Jewish New Year 10 days ago, and on that day I made a wish to see him this year in good conditions... it only took 9 days for my wish to come true!

PancaKe
6th October 2003, 08:34 AM
Oh wow! How nice would that have been?! (most of the questions I'm about to post for you Gabbi are from the AIM chat lol. I needed SOMETHING to post!) Are you going to meet up with him in future? I'm so glad it went well for you.

Now I need the same thing to happen to me and Adam -.- lol.

~Mist

Lady Vulpix
6th October 2003, 04:38 PM
Good luck with that, Tara!
I don't know if I'll see him again soon, but if it has happened, it can happen again. And yes, it was amazing!

PancaKe
13th October 2003, 07:28 AM
Yeah, hopefully I get some luck. Same to you Gabbi.

So does anybody have any ideas for topics? Anybody is welcome to start a topic right now - I'm too tired to think of one.*yawnz*

~Mist

Lady Vulpix
13th October 2003, 10:39 AM
Ok, here goes another question.
Do you wear the things you like, or do you dress like a certain group to look more like them (or do you just put on whatever you can find)? Do you wear clothes that easily call people's attention, clothes that are easily ignored (eg. all black) or both? Have others made any comments about the way you dress? If so, what kind, and how did/do you feel about them? Do you care about the way others dress?

I'll answer later. For now, I'll introduce the new limited plushies.
- As you must already know, everyone's busy this month with school, university and all those things that make TPM less active and our real lives more chaotic. To make this look better or at least have some plushie company while studying, you can now have a Student Abra Plushie, with a backpack and a book in its hands.
- You may or may not know this, but several Charmanders have been born and adopted lately on PCG. And since Charmander is also the club's mascot, we'll celebrate it with a Baby Charmander Plushie.
- And to those who celebrate Halloween, that's also this month, so you can get a Halloween Masquerain Plushie. Or, if you missed the chance to get the Halloween Haunter last year, you can take that one instead.

So, summing up, the new limited plushies are:
• Student Abra
• Baby Charmander
• Halloween Masquerain or Haunter

Reply, request, have fun and keep this club up. :D

LightNinetales
13th October 2003, 12:27 PM
Do you wear the things you like, or do you dress like a certain group to look more like them (or do you just put on whatever you can find)? Do you wear clothes that easily call people's attention, clothes that are easily ignored (eg. all black) or both? Have others made any comments about the way you dress? If so, what kind, and how did/do you feel about them? Do you care about the way others dress?
I wear the things I like.Since my clothes are always black/gray/white,they don't easily call people's attention...Others(well,my friends) don't care about the way I dress,and I don't care about the way they dress^_^...

Could I have a baby Charmander plushie?

Yumemiru
13th October 2003, 01:38 PM
My only requirements for clothing are 'clean' and 'comfortable'.

Yes, you may have a Charmander plushie, LightNinetales.

Mew Trainer Rose
13th October 2003, 02:03 PM

I tend to wear jeans, khaki pants, or a couple other kinds of pants. sneakers, various t-shirts (many of which are too big, as I'm kind of a small person) and long-sleeve shirts, mostly solid-color. That's basically my wardrobe. I always wear a t-shirt, though during teh colder months i wear a long-sleeve shirt over it. when the t-shirts are longer than the long-sleeve shirt (as they often are), nobody seems to care. except my mom. she doesn't like it when i do that, she called it trashy or something...no, that wasn't it, but it was something with a negative connotation. The only other person who commeneted on it was a history teacher of mine. In a college reccomendation letter she commented that i have a unique style, or somethign along those lines. I don't care what anyone thinks, it's comfortable and warm. what more do i relly need?

I want the cute Baby Charmander Plushie. ^_^

Hexae
13th October 2003, 05:20 PM

I wear clothes that I like, by far. Usually anything I find I chose, so I'd like it. I don't really go out of my way to get attention from people. As long as the clothes match and they fit well, it doesn't matter much to me if people look or not. Though staring does unnerve me. My friend recently commented on how I'm wearing a purse these days. It kind of startled me, though I figure that was the kind of thing she'd say. Quote; "You look like a girl!" I know that she was joking, heh, but it startled me all the same. If someone's dressing like a (pardon the stereotype) prostitute, it's not like I'm going to say anything to them. Maybe I'll avoid them, but I won't go out of my way to cause them trouble. If that's what they want to wear, let them. (Same goes for the goths, and any other clique).

For this discussion, I'd like an Arcoiris plushie to go with my Opala one. ^_^

Phantom of Innocence-BF
13th October 2003, 05:42 PM

I wear clothes that look appealing and comfortable feeling to me. However, sometimes I just put on whatever I can find because I'm in a hurry. XD I'm not really sure if I weat clothes that "easily call people's attention" or "clothes that are easily ignored". 0.o Although I try to clothes that match, especially shades of blue or white. Sometimes my friends do make comments about the way I dress because I tend to wear skirts/shorts/skorts on days that they would consider somewhat cold. I dunno why the cold doesn't phase me as much. I'm like that Youngster in Red/Blue/Yellow. =D My guys friends tend to tease me a lot about it but I know they are just playing. ;] I can't say I honestly care about the way other people dress thoughl. ;0

A Charmanda plushie pleeeeaaaaas. ^_^

pokemasterfrank
13th October 2003, 09:14 PM

I usually wear the things I like to wear, though I don't wear certain things to school (i.e. Pokemon t-shirts, other stuff >_>). I tend to avoid any of the brand name stuff like Old Navy and Abercrombie cause most people wear them, and they're overpriced IMO >_> I just wear stuff >_>

Baby Charmander, please :O And I had asked for a Fall Gliger earlier, but I don't think I got one :/ Thanks ^_^

Cheesey
14th October 2003, 07:34 AM

I wear the things I like =D. I don't really want to look like everyone else, I just want to be me ^^. I usually wear plain clothes, and dark ones at that. Sometimes they have dragons or anime characters on them or something. Lol, no-one's commented on the way I dress, probably because they don't like me or I'm just silent =P. I can't say I care about the way others dress, unless it's just horrible or something x_o.

Can I please have a Baby Charmander plushie? ^^.

Elemental Seribii
14th October 2003, 03:13 PM

I really don't pay much attention to what I wear. They (usually) match, too. ^-^; Most of my clothes come from different stores, I may buy one shirt in a store but not like anything else there. It usually depends on how I'm feeling. I have a two or three asian looking shirts (a dragon one and a heron one, I think) , but I do have plain sweaters and shirts, which I usually wear. I wear jeans with almost everything, since they usually match with everything.
Some people have said to me, 'Oh, I like your shirt', or something like that, but I just say thanks, and ignore it. If they insulted my shirt for some weird reason, I'd probably just ignore it as well. I don't mind how others dress, unless it's something really offensive.

I'd like a Student Abra one, if that's okay. ^-^

PancaKe
15th October 2003, 02:59 AM
*hands out all plushies* *takes a Baby Charmander plushie*

Well, how do i dress? Crap for school, the uniform is ****, no bloody any cool bracelets or necklaces to be allowed to wear :(

Um.. outside of school, I normally wear jeans, t-shirts with cool stuff on them, lots of wallet chains (even though i only have one wallet) skate shoes or my new gymboots, long socks or toe socks, earrings (one in each ear) and lots of bracelets and necklaces. I'm a punk ^^;;; I dont wear the full spikey collars or armbands, theyr'e just gothic and scary. I always wear these bands, theyre ranbow colors, pink, orange, yellow and green, and i always wear my WWJD bands and my Jesus Fish band. Never ever take those off, not even for school. Um, yeah, sometimes i wear long shorts, they come just below my knees, and i wear long stripey black and white socks with those and shirts with skate brands or bands on them. Like, i have a NOFX shirt and a system shirt and an Element shirt. ^^ I want this really nice Ripcurl shirt thats only $40 which is sooo expensive seeing I get like, no money! :( I have not got a job.

~Mist

Lady Vulpix
15th October 2003, 10:39 AM
Ok, then I guess it's time for me to speak.

I wear the things I like, whether others also wear them or not. That's normally jeans (often decorated) or tights, a T-shirt and, if it's cold, a sweater or a pullover. And sneakers (usually white) and a watch. Sometimes I wear mosly blue, and sometimes I put on very colorful clothes (with lots of colors put together in one piece). I always try to make my clothes match.
Some people have made funny comments about my clothes, especially while I was wearing clothes with many bright colors, but I didn't mind. I don't really care if my clothes call the attention of others or not, I'll wear what I like. And I don't pay much attention to what others wear either.

Pokemasterfrank, you did get the plushie you requested last time.

Everyone is taking Baby Charmander plushies! I didn't think they would be that popular! Ok, I'll be original and take a Student Abra plushie to keep me company while I keep working on my projects and studying for my exams...

See you around!

Matt
18th October 2003, 07:20 PM

I wear clothes that I like to wear instead of being a poser and trying to be like everyone else. Most of the time I wear clothes that don't really stand out but sometimes I wear something that everyone can see because it's so loud. Yeah, a few people have made comments about the way I dress since I don't dress like a lot of people at my school. I didn't really care what they thought so I just ignored them and went on about my life. Yeah, sometimes I do; well it depends on the person. There is this one girl that I, unfortunally, have to be around and she wears the same pants every single day. And she also wears the same shirt sometimes too. It gets sickning after a while.

Anyway, can I have a Baby Charmander Plushie? ^_^ And also, can I make another request? :x I would like a plushie of my adopted Dratini which has wings ^^ Thanks!!

PancaKe
19th October 2003, 12:27 AM
*throws out whatever people requested for plushies to them* There we go. You all get your plushies. Bwah.

I didn't know there was baby charmanders, *takes*

And also, about the clothes thing, I reckon that some people take their clothing too far across the line. I mean, some girls at my school roll or lift their skirst so high that you can see their underwear, which is so gross because they wear yik underwear and its yicky. It looks so tarty also. Ive got nothing against short skirts although I wouldn't wear one, because like, if people want to wear what they're wearing who am I to stop them? I just dont like seeing their underwear.

Yik >.<

~Mist

*Murkrow
19th October 2003, 10:52 AM

I always wear stuff that I like, if I don't like something I don't ear it. Simple. As for wearing what others wear, even if something looks good on other people doesn't mean it'll look good on me.
I mostly wear brighter colours, though it's not to catch people's attention, more just I prefer them. I have got some black/dark clothes(two pairs of jeans, a thin navy swater, black t-shirt), but I find if I'm in dark clothes I'm even more shy than normal, which is something I try and avoid.
I get occasional comments from my friends about what I wear, but they've seen most of my stuff, so I rarely get any now. One of my freinds commented on a white top I was wearing two weeks in a row though. She said she liked it, which was nice.
Not really, it's up to them what they wear and if they like it I don't think that I've got any right to tell them what they should be wearing.

Hm, and seeing as it's pulling me towards it, may I please have a Halloween Masquerain?

Wolfsong
19th October 2003, 11:23 AM
Sneasel(h)Obsessive and Espeon12 get their plushies.

I wear comfortable clothes, which ofr me is a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. Most of the time i can easily not be notcied no matter what clothes i have on though i try my best not to stand out. My mom has made the statement that she wishes that i would dress up more. As long as its decent i don't care how others dress.

I'd like a student abra plushie and if i could a jasmine plushie (my winged dratini). IF i can't have them both, i'll just take the student abra

Espeon12
19th October 2003, 04:13 PM

Pretty much the only thing I look for in clothes is comfort. Most of my shirts come from places like Pacific Sunwear, for those of you who have them nearby. Most of my pants are your average boot-cut blue jeans that are kind of faded, plus mine are all worn at the bottom since I'm so short and step on them. I don't like revealing clothes because it's not like I'm someone to show off like that. I don't really stand out in a crowd although I dress slightly different than some of my friends. I've been called 'borderline-punk' because I have a pair of those baggy black pants and a few black shirts, but nothing really more than that. My general attitude also factored into that comment, but I had no problem with it. It was actually kind of assuring that I'm not one to go along with the crowd, but then again not make a big deal out of it. I don't pay much attention to the way other people dress, unless they're wearing something incredibly strange or slutty...

Could I get a plushie of Avynne, my Espeon, please? She's got a blue-white gem and her silver necklace thing, if that's enough to be different. Thanks.

Lady Vulpix
20th October 2003, 10:20 AM
Christina, you can have the plushie, but make sure to check PMBC. Someone wants to breed with one of your pokemon.

Knight of Time
20th October 2003, 10:48 AM

Most of the time, I wear the things I like, but when it comes to dressing like a group to "blend in", I don't do that. I usually wear clothes that call people's attention (not easily at all times, however). I used to have some tye dye t-shirts, but I don't wear them anymore. There was a time I got a DKC2 (Donkey Kong Country 2) sweatshirt in return for several cereal tokens (I think it may have been 50 or more), but when I wore it at school one day, many people teased me while I had it on. That day was a total nightmare to me, not to mention that those people that teased me took advantage of my pet peeve of being teased (obviously I hate being teased). I felt pretty upset that day.

Can I have a Halloween Haunter plushie please?

Also, just wondering, but are people here allowed to make a request for a plushie of a special Pokemon they once had (or one that has evolved)?

I'm curious, because I remember giving Sheldon the bottle of Shiny Juice I got for my 20th birthday (he was a Squirtle that time), and I have yet to get a Squirtle plushie...

Yumemiru
20th October 2003, 10:37 PM
Yes, you may have the Haunter plushie.

And if you would kindly direct your eyes to the first post, you would see that there's a nice, big section on requesting special plushies. I'll be nice and quote it for you now.

Plushies By Request:
If you wish you can request for us to get in new special plushies that will go by the Special Edition Plushies. These are a form of limited plushies except that they are not just basic pokemon or pokemon sets. These plushies are from already made things such as fanfics, RPGs, ASB teams, maybe even your adopties could now have plushies of them. Before you go getting plushies from Fics or RPG's please ask the owner of the fic/rpg if they wouldn't mind you using their characters to get plushies. Plushies can be pokemon only. If you want plushies of your adopties or ASB team you may only request them if you want them to look a bit different, to have extra items (like a Pikachu might have a pink hat with purple dots) or if you make up the pokemon. CC Admins have any right to reject requests if they dont' meet the guidelines.

Btw, Gabi... the orange font of the main topic is bright and painful to those of us on the default forum settings. Could we perhaps ammend that?

And I have a new AIM S/N: Yumeriru Aurora

That name doesn't have the privacy list like my other one, so anyone can reach me there, if I'm onl.

Lady Vulpix
21st October 2003, 09:31 AM
Oh, sorry. I've changed it. Is it better now?
If you prefer, you can pick any color from here (http://forboards.tripod.com/colors.html).

Yumemiru
21st October 2003, 04:18 PM
That color is fine. You forgot to change my AIM S/N though. :)

Lady Vulpix
22nd October 2003, 10:52 AM
Oh! What's the new one?

Yumemiru
22nd October 2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by ASHarris
And I have a new AIM S/N: Yumeriru Aurora

Linux
31st October 2003, 09:32 AM
is this a female biased club? look at all the girly admins here ;-;

i put on whatever i can find but looks good on me. of course i won't wear pj's out in public. i like all black. black is cool and that can illustrate what a person could behave like or something like that. but i just appear to have more dark clothing than anything else o_o

people have made comments on the way i dress, but they were all good comment ^.^ and i don't really care what others dress like. as long as its not a sack i should be fine :wave:

Lady Vulpix
31st October 2003, 09:52 AM
This club isn't biased. We don't discriminate against anyone.
And we (the admins) are female, but girly? I doubt it. (Well, it depends on what your definition of 'girly' is).

Welcome to the club!

And by the way, thanks for looking at my AIM profile. :wave:

Yumemiru
1st November 2003, 09:46 AM
:looks at her muddy, worn jeans and her stained, sweaty t-shirt:

...girly?

Let not my avatar and sig banner misguide you. I rarely step into the demonic realm of girly ways, and even when I do so it's usually an act.

And let not Gabi's pink font guise her true personality. She only chooses pink because... uh... because... well, um, I don't know. But 'pink font' and 'girly' do not necessarily go hand in hand, I'm sure.

There are several guy members hiding around here somewhere. Just look under the rocks and stuff... you'll find one or two, at least.

Lady Vulpix
1st November 2003, 07:35 PM
I'd like to see Tara's reaction if she hears she's been called girly.

I write in pink because it matches my avatar and because that was the color I picked for myself when I was chosing colors for each character's POV on the Battle Range, then started using it for actions and finally ended up writing whole messages in that color. I think the pink font looks good on the backgrounds form the Blue layout, which is the one I use. If that makes me girly, so be it. It can't be too bad if it only consists of writing in pink. As long as I don't have to wear makeup nor high heels and I don't have to spend hours in the hairdresser's, buy expensive clothes, pierce my ears, change my whole wardrobe regularly, write a secret diary, talk more than 5 minutes per day on the phone on average nor talk about boys and sigh, then I guess I can take it.

Wolfsong
1st November 2003, 08:05 PM
XD me and girly thats a hoot. I'm sort of a tomboy. I only wear dresses when i have to. X.x Most of the time dressign up for me is a pair of khaki (sp?) pants and a button up shirt. The only time i'm on a phone is when i need to find out info for a class or someone calls me. On average if you callmy house and its busy its usually my dad on the phone as he is now. -.-;; Thankfully he got a seperate line for my room, which is what i use to connect to the net.

Lady Vulpix
2nd November 2003, 07:30 AM
I think that's a good subject for a new discussion.
What things do you do which are normally associated with your gender, or the opposite?
Don't worry, we're not judging anyone.

Knight of Time
2nd November 2003, 08:35 PM
What things do you do which are normally associated with your gender, or the opposite?

I don't do anything feminine, but I do shave my face every second day (usually).

Unfortunately, sometimes when I shave, I get razor burn... >_<

I don't want to ask this again, but...

Since Sheldon was shiny before he evolved, would it be possible for me to have a shiny Squirtle plushie please?

Linux
3rd November 2003, 01:46 AM
now look what ive done ;( lol

i dont really try and do anything to associate myself with my gender (m). i mean most of the stuff i do is associated with both genders (ie, staying in your room, partying, etc). yup, some folk i am :wave: i guess cricket is a guy-type thing so that's about the only thing

oh gabi, what happened to club tsunami?

Lady Vulpix
3rd November 2003, 10:56 AM
People left it, that's what heppened. We tried to organize meetings and events, and even created a yahoo club, which later turned into a Yahoo group, but nobody participated, so it ended up getting deleted.

Anyway, it's good to know someone remembers it. :yes:

Mew Trainer Rose
3rd November 2003, 02:34 PM
Girly stuff? not me. I never wear makeup, i only wear dresses when i have to for a special occasion, i don't giggle over hot guys iwth my girl friends (don't care about hot guys and dont have any friends who I'd want to sit and giggle over people with). I don't do anything fancy with my hair, I've only had it done up a coupel times, and that's because my parents made me because I was a flower girl in a wedding. Can't think of any typically girly things i do.
I don't usually do any guy things, either. Though I did join a gaming club last week. :) The guys were surprised that I actually wanted to join. ^_^ It was fun, we played RPG/card games for over 6 hours straight.

And I want a plushie of my striped Meoth, Caldecott. :)

Elemental Seribii
3rd November 2003, 03:05 PM
While I could probably be considered a bit of a tomboy. I do sometimes prefer the company of boys than girls, but only as friends. I don't wear make-up, can't do anything with my hair and if I'm talking about boys, I'm usually joking around. I do have my ears pierced, though, but I've never really considered that girly. My friend, who is much 'girlier' than me, hangs around with boys much more than girls. Partially because she goes through boy-liking crazes, but also because she just likes talking to them more.
I think that generally, girls and boys are still associated with the same things as they've always been. Pink is still a very girly color, and it probably always will be. Yes, girls play video games and can play football (both kinds. Heh.) and stuff that is usually condisered to be more boy-ish, but it's still not like something that's associated with both genders (The only sports I can think of are tennis and swimming). Then again, boys with at least one ear pierced isn't as rare as it used to be.
Though, I'm not to sure if the basic idea of the things associated with both genders will ever change. It's just kind of how society works.

LightNinetales
3rd November 2003, 03:17 PM
What things do you do which are normally associated with your gender?
Nothing....I never wear dresses,my favorite color is white,not pink,and I prefer the company of boys than girls(because the girls I know are talking about their boyfriends all the time)...

Oh,and can I request a plushie of my Ponyta(Silvereyes)?She is a black Ponyta with black flames,silver hooves and silver eyes^_^

Lady Vulpix
4th November 2003, 08:47 AM
*Hands Rose and LightNinetales the plushies.*

Have you noticed how nobody seems to want to be associated with 'girly stuff', whether they're male or female?

Elemental Seribii, since you've mentioned your favorite color, so will I. Mine is silver. :) Too bad a computer can't display a real silver color.

Though I think some things that are usually associated with females are good and it would be great if more men did it, like helping with the housework, spending time with their children (for those who have children, of course), showing interest in many things rather than being obsessed with one, being creative and expressing their feelings. I don't have children and I keep my housework to a minimum (I do it only when strictly necessary), but I do cover the last three points well.

PancaKe
8th November 2003, 03:54 AM
^^ my favourite colors, um.. i like blue, black, green is cool too but i like blue and black better and i liek black with white - cuz thats what cows look like ^^. Even though you can get brown cows, i like Black and white ones better.

My friends who are guys express emotions sometimes. I mean, like if I get them talking enough they open up a bit to me. I was on the phone to Adam the other night and was talking to him, and the question came up "why did you invite me on the camp out of everybody?" and the answer from him was "you're the person who i'd rather spend a weekend with instead of anybody else." And then he went further, but for him, that's opening up and telling me that I'm one of his best friends. And I was like "aww!" and I almost started crying. Then he did make me cry. Because he was going on and on about it and I was like "stop it now I'm going to cry!"

My other friends who are guys dont really open up that much. Which is a bugger. But some guy I know named Chris told me that he was shy to ask a girl out! Which I found so funnny.

That's my guys emotions stories. But why don't guys open up? GUYS ANSWER THAT QUESTION (girls can answer it too, i just want to hear what guys have to say)

~Mist

Matt
16th November 2003, 07:19 AM

Hm.. I shave sometimes when I feel like it, and I guess I have the guy-like custom of never cleaning anything :) I don't really do anything that is associated with females, but I did paint my nails black a time or two.

Hm.. can I request a plushie like my Drowzee? So that means it having inverted colors.

Jay
16th November 2003, 07:44 AM

I have to shave everyday which is a nuissance. I really hate beards and that crap so I'm not going to grow it out. I would bet if I didn't for a week it would be fully grown, which is scary. I also am pretty mean to people I have a peeve with so I guess that's a guy-type thing. Er, I don't think I do any feminine type things. I did dress up in women's clothes recently for school which was hilarious. :wave: But guys do that =P

Cheesey
27th January 2004, 01:10 PM
*bump*

What things do you do which are normally associated with your gender?
Uhhh... I get into fights sometimes, but that's not something I do intentionally. I don't like pink, and... um... For the kind of guy who likes the music I do, I have quite long hair and lots of baggy clothes. ^^; It's a difficult question though - I don't really know how guys are pictured, and from what I do know I'm not really like them. So yeah. O_o

Are the Jay plushies still available? If so, I'd like one of them. If they aren't, I'd like a Spring Bellossom plushie. ^_^;

Lady Vulpix
28th January 2004, 05:49 PM
You can have both, Chris! Thanks for reviving this club! Now it would be great to bring Tara here, if that's even possible... http://www.geocities.com/gsteren/Faces/rolleyes.txt

Lady Vulpix
28th January 2004, 06:21 PM
Ok, new plushies are up for grabs!
Sorry for the double-ost, but this message is not related to the previous one and it's an update, so I have the legal part covered. :P

Limited Plushies:
• Love & Friendship Roselia Plushie with a heart on its chest
• Growlithe and Houndour Touching Noses Plushie
• Plushie of everyone's favorite teal Natu from Pixie Island*

*Actually, the only teal Natu from Pixie Island. This plushie was created to celebrate the beginning of the final track of the YamiKairyu saga at Expedia.

Honor Plushie:
• Cheesey Plushie
In honor of: becoming the newest PCG mod and reviving this club.

The new plushies replace the old ones.

New discussion

Have you ever had any TPM-related dreams? If so, what were they? If not, what do you imagine having a TPM-related dream would be like?

I'll post my answers later.

Cheesey
29th January 2004, 12:16 PM
Have you ever had any TPM-related dreams? If so, what were they? If not, what do you imagine having a TPM-related dream would be like?
Yes, I have. I've had one where TPM members were killing me, and that was rather disturbing. XD Nate (Systematic Revolution) killed me with a guitar, Mike (VirtualPlay) stabbed me, Rusty (The Rusted One) strangled me and Zak held a gun to my head. O_o That was very odd... I also had one where all the ummmmers met up in a supermarket, and that was just very, very funny. XD We ate all the food and threw a party. XD

I'd like the Cheesey plushie to look like a Mareep holding a bit of cheese. =P

May I have one, please?

Lady Vulpix
1st February 2004, 01:17 PM
Yes, you can. It's yours, after all.

I'll take one too, and an Expedia Celebration Plushie.

As for the discussions, I've had some TPM-related dreams, in most of which my adopted pokemon were involved. The last one, however, had to do with a TPM member. I dreamt that I was driving my mum's car and somehow ended up in his house. O_O

Wolfsong
1st February 2004, 03:10 PM
*Hands Gabi the plushies*

I don't think i have but then when i'm sleepy my memory isn't that good. If i had one, it would probably involve my closest friends here at TPM.

I'd like one of the Expedia Celebration Plushies as well ^^

Lady Vulpix
2nd February 2004, 01:05 PM
*Hands Amy the plushie.*
By the way, you can see what this and the Cheesey Plushie look like on my Items Page (http://forboards.tripod.com/Items.html). And you can copy the images to put them on your own site if you have the plushies. :)

Yumemiru
18th February 2004, 06:55 PM
I have never had any TPM-related dreams. That's probably a good thing.

I just finished my term paper (WOO), and my body has apparently decided to celebrate this fact by giving me a very bad head cold (no woo). So.... ;-;

Lady Vulpix
19th February 2004, 12:33 PM
Oh. :( I hope you get well soon. Maybe you're strained yourself too much and now your body's reacting to it. Take some time to relax.

And thanks for posting. :)

Jay
3rd March 2004, 06:45 AM

Yes I have had lots of them. I will keep them private as people will think I'm both weird and sick if I stated what they were. :) Umm, yeah, that's all? 0_o

Cheesey plush please.

Lady Vulpix
3rd March 2004, 07:28 AM
You can have the plushie, Jay.

Lady Vulpix
15th March 2004, 05:22 PM
Ok, new question, straight from ummmm.

What animals can be found in your house/garden?
Cruption5: Giraffes
Lady Vulpix G: XD
The OzAndy: A variety of native birds and occassionally lizards and my dog
KittenCute86: my nighbours cats
DarkPrincess394: Bunnies
TLKsNala98: back for a bit
thejamirus: Dead birds, worms, soccer balls, my brother's friends (kill them), my dog, my cat, skunks...etc.
Lady Vulpix G: I get lots of cats who come looking for food, lizards, birds, insects (most noticeably bees, butterflies and mosquitoes), spiders, slugs, my dog and my cat.
The OzAndy: I get no slugs
Cruption5: my cats, kangaroos, spiders, other dangerous insects, lizards, slugs, yeah.
KittenCute86: i live in London. all we have is pidgeons
thejamirus: Rock doves!Post your answers here. :D

Jay
15th March 2004, 05:25 PM
Giraffes. :)

Really.. And tigers, lions, and laughing hyenas too.

Lady Vulpix
15th March 2004, 05:27 PM
Sure, Jay. http://www.geocities.com/gsteren/Faces/rolleyes.txt
Ok, I guess a bit of humor won't hurt, but please try to provide the actual answer too.

Jay
16th March 2004, 04:48 AM
Ugh, if you see I was actually in that quote you posted, then why is it needed? Shall I just copy and post?

Cruption5: my cats, kangaroos, spiders, other dangerous insects, lizards, slugs, yeah.
Happy? :rolleyes:

Lady Vulpix
16th March 2004, 07:47 AM
Okay... How do kangaroos get to your garden? If you can explain that, it will be quite an interesting read.

Jay
16th March 2004, 12:55 PM
Well...

The house we own in the distant vicinity is close to a national park. You can practically say that our house is in this place. Our house is located next to a bunch of kangaroos but they're closed off. Sometimes when the owner of the place goes in to feed the, one escapes and wanders the park for a bit and usually they return to that spot at night. For a weird reason, they turn up in our garden and sleep there until it can be put back with its family 0_o

Though we've also had some nasty animals pop up, but not many common ones such as kangaroos (ie, stepping on a snake when I just woke up and went outside wasn't a nice surprise x_x)

PancaKe
22nd March 2004, 12:14 AM
Wow, been ages since I've been here. ^^ Place hasn't changed all that much.

Um... the question:

What animals can be found in your house/garden

I have no idea...

i'll start off with the pets: a dog, 8 guinnea pigs, a cocateil (bird with a mohawk).

and other things: cockroaches, daddy long leg spiders, white tails, there are probably redbacks under the barbeque, flies, blowflies, mosquitoes, magpies, pigeons, sparrows, cocatoos, galahs if we're lucky, lizards, beetles, ants, bullants, slaters, cats (both stray and owned), and i think there's termites in my fence.

^^;;; thats all.

Not bad for a west sydeny suburban yard.

~Mist

Lady Vulpix
22nd March 2004, 06:45 AM
Thanks for returning, Tara! :)
Would you like a plushie with your order? http://www.geocities.com/gsteren/Faces/wink2.txt

Linc
11th April 2004, 08:28 PM
I'm new here, I mean I've been here a while, but I don't know any one... Can I join this club please? And about the unlimited Plushies, do you get them as soon as you post here, or do you have to ask for one?
Animals found in my garden: Bunnies, mice, birds, cats, racoons, squirrels *yay*, and every other normal animal in the U.S.

Lady Vulpix
12th April 2004, 03:03 PM
Welcome, Dragon Rider!
Racoons and squirrels? That's interesting. I've only seen 1 squirrel and no racoons in person.

You can choose any of our unlimited plushies for joining, and also one of the current limited and/or honor plushies for responding to the current discussion. :)

classy_cat18
12th April 2004, 03:38 PM
Can I have a plushie? *gives puppy eyes*

What animals can be found in your house/garden?

Various birds (cardinals are my favorite), my two dogs, squirrels, chipmunks, and the occasional rabbit.

Linc
13th April 2004, 08:12 AM
Welcome, Dragon Rider!
Racoons and squirrels? That's interesting. I've only seen 1 squirrel and no racoons in person.

You can choose any of our unlimited plushies for joining, and also one of the current limited and/or honor plushies for responding to the current discussion. :)

Ok. Then can I have a Totodile and an Equinox Plushie? Can I request one too?

shazza
13th April 2004, 08:59 AM
Can I join this club too? I don't give a damn about plushies etc, though. :no:

PancaKe
14th April 2004, 04:50 AM
Shazza - yeah you can join. Dun matter if you dun care bout plushies. *shrugs* We're not like the Plushie Society or anything. If we were, we wouldn't be called Charmander central.

I really should hang out here more. I rarely come by any more, its a bit hard, coming back after a while, posting one post, then leaving for another three weeks. I should make the effort. ;)

you know whats cool, these smilies!!!!! (im a smilie whore now) :what: I LOVE that one!!!

~Mist

Lady Vulpix
14th April 2004, 06:01 PM
Okay, Tara... http://www.geocities.com/gsteren/Faces/rolleyes.txt

classy_cat18, which plushie do you want?
Dragon Rider, you can have the plushies you asked for, and you can make a request for a special plushie if you want.

Tara, now that you're here, how about making some new plushies? And, so that we don't become the Plushie Society, how about a new discussion? Is there anything you people would like to talk about?

PancaKe
14th April 2004, 07:38 PM
Okay, um... I'm behind with all these Ruby Sapphire pokemon - if anybody knows a good pokedex can you please tell me? So I'll make one plushie and can you make the other Gabbi?

Okay i guess the newest plushie will be a shiny Voltorb plushie *shrugs* :sweat4:

Shiny Voltorb Plushie is up for grabs. Get it now! :sweat4:

This is so lost....

as for a discussion, um.... why dont we play a game of truth? Sort of like truth n dare, but without a dare. *shrugs*

I'll post a truth question, and the next person has to answer it "truthfully" and then post a question for the person after them. *shrugs* If u guys dont like it then say so! (its early morning here - 10:33 am on school holidays so im not all here)

okay...

What was your most embarasing moment?

God bless!

~Mist

classy_cat18
20th April 2004, 10:35 AM
I would like the Shiny Voltorb plushie!

What was your most embarrassing moment?

*thinks* I guess the most embarrassing moment that I remember was the time that I was about nine and I was to be baptized at my church. I was afraid of being dunked underwater, so I freaked at the last second. It took the pastor and a couple of deacons to calm me down.

Now for mine:

What was your scariest dream?

Linc
20th April 2004, 03:05 PM
Can I request a charizard with flame markings on it (not that it's a adoptee or captee)?

Most Embarrassing Moment:
One time, in school, I did a really loud fart, and I accidentally said whoops.

Most Scariest Dream:
I dreamed that my parents were aliens and they planned to destroy da world!

PancaKe
22nd April 2004, 05:59 AM
*hands over plushie* Here you go.

Scariest Dream

I dreamt, like when i was 4, that big bird was evil.

I wouldn't go near that toy for about three years after that...

What superhero did you want to be when you were growing up, and why?

**PancaKe||

Lady Vulpix
22nd April 2004, 09:12 AM
Superhero? Hmm... I've never identified myself with any. I think I've dreamt of being a hero, just not any of the ones others had created. The closest I've been to identifying myself with a hero was thinking one of them had several things in common with me, plus cool powers and a nice love story to boot. I've never actually wanted to be her, but I've wanted to have some of the things she has. And that would be Jean Grey Summers, from the X-Men.

Now, for the new Plushie, I'd like to change the current honor plushie to Mist. I think she deserves it, since she founded the club and is now working on keeping it up. :D (Tara, you can decide what it looks like).

I've been really busy these days. I've barely had any time to spend at home. Does this happen to you frequently? When was the last time, and what things did you have to do?

For those in a similar situation, you can get some inspiration with the new limited Race Against The Clock Rapidash Plushie, with a clock to suit its name. This completes the list together with the Shiny Voltorb plushie Tara offered recently. Now you can choose between the two, and also take a Mist honor plushie with your order. http://www.geocities.com/gsteren/Faces/wink2.txt

Linc
22nd April 2004, 03:06 PM
Can I have the Race Against the Clock Rapidash and can I please have the Charizard /w Flames I requested?

Lady Vulpix
23rd April 2004, 11:22 AM
You can have the Rapidash plushie. As for the other... I don't know what the policy is for pokemon that are neither adopted, nor captured, nor from any stories posted on TPM. Tara?

Linc
24th April 2004, 07:01 AM
If I can't have the Charizard, can I have a plushie of Linc, the character from my FanFic?

PancaKe
25th April 2004, 09:16 PM
I have to design a Mist plushie??? Well, my name is PancaKe now dude - can you edit the front page of the club for me?

Um, I dont really see a problem with him having the charizard plushie - but its not really part of the rules. We'll get some in next month for you okay, but here's your plushie of Linc from your fanfic. *hands over plushie*

I have to rebuild my plushie collection... so i'll take a Mist/PancaKe plushie first up. *shurgs*

I've been really busy these days. I've barely had any time to spend at home. Does this happen to you frequently? When was the last time, and what things did you have to do?

I've barely got time to do things, but thats because I leave school work till last. Ive got like, some school work to do. A painting to finish :P bleh, and stuff like that. *shrugs* and I have to work tonight.

The other day, I was in one of those cheap shops. This one was called Hot Dollar and its just down the road from my house. I went in, and I saw a pair of mad angel wings, with real feathers, not the fluffy stuff. I was so excited, I mean, I've got a pair of wings, but I wanted these ones! And I figured, that it would only be $15AU, and if i didnt buy them, I would really regret it.
So I bought them. and theyre too big for my liking, waay to big. I dont fit thorugh the door frame, and htey're like solid cardboard. And I guess I regret spending $15 on them. I regret buying them.

So this leads me to my question.

What was something you saw and just "had to have"? What was something you've bought that you regret?

I'll design a plushie and post it, okay?

**PancaKe||

Linc
2nd May 2004, 09:04 AM
What was something you saw and just "had to have"? What was something you've bought that you regret?

Once I bought a Pokemon card that I had to have (A Charizard for $5.00 and no it's not fake), and something I bought that I regret was... uh... let me think... a Gundam Model, that thing stunk, broke in two minutes.

Linux
3rd May 2004, 02:44 AM

pokemon stadium back in the day, and other various pokemon games that i no longer play including the cards. they were just a waste of money in the end :@

Lady Vulpix
3rd May 2004, 07:32 AM
Interesting. But we're doing a discussion circle, or something like that, so can any of the people who replied to the last question make a new one?

Hmm... This sounds like c game, come to think of it. :rolleyes:

And Tara, what does your plushie look like?

PancaKe
4th May 2004, 07:45 AM
My plushie? I designed one! Please be proud of me!!!! :)

It's in the attatchment. Pretty much its something similar to what I wore to my youth groups immitation oscars night last year. But in a doll form :)

**PancaKe||

Linc
4th May 2004, 03:12 PM
Interesting. But we're doing a discussion circle, or something like that, so can any of the people who replied to the last question make a new one?

You mean I can post a new question! Cool!

What was the worst injury you've ever had?

PancaKe
13th May 2004, 06:45 AM
My worst injury? Um, ive never broken a bone. I fell off this thing at camp and sprained my wrist..

But the worst was in year 4 when i was about 9 - I was playing on a billy cart wiht my friend and i stacked it and broke my two front teeth. Ive got teeth as you can see from the avatar, but they're like, built up of this stuff.

What is your oldest memory?

(How far back can you remember and what memory is it?)

**PancaKe||

Lady Vulpix
13th May 2004, 06:58 AM
Tara, please describe your plushie! I want one!
As for my oldest memory, I don't have a single one. I have a few from the time when I lived in an appartment, when I was 2 or younger. I don't know which was the oldest. There are some images, some songs, some people, a few events... I think I'll tell the most interesting of them: one day when I was 2 years old, my parents took me to an aquarium. That day, they were giving away a T-shirt with blue dolphins on it. They asked for a child to take out a number from a bag, and I went to do it. I put my hand into the bag and took out a number. The next thing I remember is my dad telling me I'd got my own number, and people laughing. I didn't know exactly what that meant back then, but I was really happy when they gave me my first dolphin T-shirt (I've had over a dozen in my life) and I wore it as often as I could until it wouldn't fit me anymore. :D

Next question:

What's the best thing that's happened to you over the last 7 days?

Wolfsong
13th May 2004, 10:43 AM
What's the best thing that's happened to you over the last 7 days?

I passed Economics with a C ! ^^ I did much better than I thought I was going to. That course was giving me so much trouble that i was actually hoping to pass it with a D so i'm in a really really good mood. I also got my other grades as well. Over all i had 3 As 2 Bs and one C. ^^

Next question:

What subjects at school give you the most trouble? What subjects give you the least amount trouble?

Edit: Could I get a Plushie of Sinopa ^^

Linc
13th May 2004, 02:53 PM
What subjects at school give you the most trouble? What subjects give you the least amount trouble?
Um...Math gives me the most trouble, I just can't focus while doing the problems. The one that gives me the least trouble is Spelling. I'm the best in my class.

Lady Vulpix
13th May 2004, 05:11 PM
Wow, congratulations, Amy! Yes, you can. ^^ You can use the icon I gave you if you want.
Dragon Rider, you've forgot to ask a new question again... -_-
Well, I guess we can end the question circle for now, and everyone can answer any subset of the questions that have been asked since it began.

Linc
13th May 2004, 05:55 PM
Well, can I put the new question up now? If I can:
What was the worst thing that ever happened to you on a trip?

Jay
13th May 2004, 05:57 PM
Well, I guess we can end the question circle for now, and everyone can answer any subset of the questions that have been asked since it began.
Can you not read?

classy_cat18
13th May 2004, 06:00 PM
What was the worst thing that ever happened to you on a trip?

One time I was trapped in the backseat of a medium sized car with two big kids and a small one. We were going from Alabama to Michigan, I had nothing to do, the driver stopped at all the rest stops, he almost drove off the road one time, and the destination was only so-so. The whole trip was wrong!

Lady Vulpix
9th July 2004, 10:14 AM
Did you know we're still waiting for Tara to post the description of her plushie? What is she up to?

Ok, I think we can have a discussion about clubs. What, in your opinion, would be good reasons to run a club? And not to run one? And to post at a club? And... not to post at one? Do you think there should be more clubs, the same old ones but more active, or do you think clubs aren't a good idea at all? And what do you think about the rules now allowing people t run more than one club at once?

You don't have to answer all questions, but it would be nice to see people's thoughts about clubs.

Cheesey
13th November 2004, 02:19 PM
What, in your opinion, would be good reasons to run a club? And not to run one? And to post at a club? And... not to post at one? Do you think there should be more clubs, the same old ones but more active, or do you think clubs aren't a good idea at all? And what do you think about the rules now allowing people to run more than one club at once?

Well, the fact that clubs are very scarce would be quite a basic one. But it'd also it'd be a good idea to run one if it's something that everyone could take part in. It shouldn't be a place where people are excluded - Like with the International Club, everyone can come, because everyone lives on this planet (I think). Posting at a club? Well... If it's fun for you to do so. And also if it lets you learn things about other people and what they like to do or something like that, because it's always good to get to know people. Shouldn't post at one if all you're there to do is troll or cause controversy or something though...

I think there should be more clubs, but I also think that the current ones should be more active. Clubs are a good idea because everybody can be involved, but they're far and few nowadays. It's mainly just the "Polls and Games" forum. It would be nice for the whole forum to be more active, actually, like it was in summer (well, summer for me anyway) last year... And actually, even though I read the new rules, I hadn't realised you can run more than one club at a time now. I think it's a good idea though!

Could I please have a plushie of my adopted Zangoose, Imarad?

Lady Vulpix
13th November 2004, 02:22 PM
Wow, it took long enough for someone to answer that question! Thanks, Chris!
Sure, you can have the plushie. Maybe it's time for Tara to show up and think of some new plushies to add. That, and/or get some new workers.

Jay
13th November 2004, 05:17 PM
Seriously. This club has been dug into the grave what, five times? Isn't that hinting that this club (albeit a good club) should die?

My opinion.

What, in your opinion, would be good reasons to run a club? And not to run one? And to post at a club? And... not to post at one? Do you think there should be more clubs, the same old ones but more active, or do you think clubs aren't a good idea at all? And what do you think about the rules now allowing people to run more than one club at once?

Good leader experience and responsibility would be your main benefit, along with interacting with the people who joined your club. To not run one would be that it's hard to keep one up and running. Too much responsibility might force you away, and there's always time to do other important things.

Although it gives you something to do in your spare time to respond to them, as well as interacting with friends and people you've never met before, you could always do something better if you didn't post at one.

The same old clubs would be best, but activity is why most of them die out and are left to rot in the graveyard (unless someone happens to necromance it). I believe activity is the main issue; more clubs means more will die out.

I personally don't mind the rule where you're allowed to run more than one club at once. I thought that rule was pointless and dumb. I was the reason why it was removed in the end anyway.