PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Tasty food

MadFearow
28th December 2002, 09:40 PM
What do you think, makes food taste good?

I'd say a delicious food would be have the right amount of sweetness if its a dessert or any other sweet food, and it should have the right spices if it's a meat or a soup. I'm not fond of bitter or bland things like carrots.

Angel Blossom
28th December 2002, 10:44 PM
I think that foods like soups & meats should have the right amount of spices, and should be cooked well. I hate it when my friend's mom cooks, her food is so bland. *cries* My mom, on the other hand.. she's an awesome cook. ^ ^' Desserts shouldn't be too sweet or not sweet enough.. it should be in the middle, lol. That's what I think..

- Kristina

RedStarWarrior
29th December 2002, 12:36 AM
Didn't some Japanese institute conclude that there must be a 5th taste....something that translated to 'yummy'. It supposedly crosses into the other taste senses but that it had universal characteristics or something. I can't remember. Anyway, I think that flavor comes from the chemical composition of the nutrient compounds being processed by the sensory buds on our tongue. Simple as that!

Jay Umbreon
29th December 2002, 06:14 AM
I think food needs to spicy in order to be hot :) spices are everytthing really....curries, pasta sauces.....spices are the bestest thing...e.g. a jacket potato is fit with spices like curry and chilli con carne.

For ones without spice I think they need to have a certain amount of duck milk in them...only then will they be considered 'JAY-O-LICIOUS' :)

~Jay

GreenShirT
29th December 2002, 08:38 AM
Your own tastes and preferences define if you find food tastey or not, some people my like fish but i hate it, partly because i would die if i ate it and partly because it sucks. See what i mean??

ILikePokemonP
30th December 2002, 02:16 AM
Our brain has the final say and we have to go along with it :(