PDA

View Full Version : Chibi Bakura~~ ^o^~

Lightning
24th September 2003, 09:01 PM
Ahem... I finally got on the good computer to scan stuff. My brother hogged it for his project all week. >_>; Stupid kid. Anyway... XD;; I've got sort of an announcement. o_O I'm going on a camping trip with a bunch of grade 9s for my geography class. @_@ I leave tomorrow morning and I come back Saturday afternoon. As of which I have a few projects and and essay/reflection/thingy to write. o_O So I might not be on for a little while. Not a big deal, but at least you'll know why I'm not on. :P

On a lighter note, I stayed up really late the other day and completed this. I spent about... 2 or 3 hours on it. o_O; More time than spent on my homework, lol. It was one of those nights where things just start looking nice. XD I can point out a bunch of mistakes, but I'll only point out the two that bug me. #1: I kept forgetting to let the pen dry after inking when I was erasing the lines, so there are a bunch of smear marks on it. XD #2: x_X I forgot to value in the fact that his hand is in his pocket, so there should have been shading there, but... *shrugs* XD;;;

http://www.lightninganime.ca/stuffs/chibibakura.jpg

;_; I did a lot of nice blending, but my RETARDED SCANNER won't pick it up. >_> Stupid thing. It looks better irl, but oh well. Now I'm being yelled at to get off the computer and finish packing. XP

Bai,
Lightning

Bulbasaur4
24th September 2003, 09:08 PM
Bakuuuura! *squeezes* Okay, just to get things off straight- I love poofy hair. And his hair is all poooofy! I like it! And I can see shading... probably not to the best extent that you can see in real life, but I can see it and it looks very nice! The shading is done very well, and I like his item around his neck. ^^ It's very well detailed, and I like how you made it look like it is glowing.

Nice work! I likies a lot! You draw humans very well... and that is very hard to do, even in cartoons. I can't wait to see more.. or go see more... or... yeah . ^^ lol

Phoenixsong
27th September 2003, 11:11 AM
Smeeeeeee! I love it!! It's just not fair that you can draw Bakura and I can't, Lightning. Grrr... I hate to say anything bad about a pic of Bakura, but for the sake of constructive critiscism, I'll do so against my better judgement.

First of all: yeah, the shading's not spectacular. You did say it's your icky scanner's fault, so I don't blame you, but perhaps if you shaded it just a touch darker, it'd show up better. Just like pencil lines don't really show up too well on a copied piece of paper unless they're relatively dark. (I know how you feel about sucky scanners. The only one I have access to as of now is all the way out here at my mother's job, which is like an hour away from my house, and as of late it's started turning my pictures red (even those with no red in them) then blacking out 1/5 to 3/4 of the pictures, and then when I try to scan a full color pic, it conveniently decides to stop working. Grrr again. I can't wait until I get my new computer set up in my room and a GOOD scanner to go with it. More grrr.) Anyways...

Second: ummm, is this Yami Bakura (or Bathead, as you call him) or the nice Bakura? He doesn't look all evil and menacing and like he wants to throttle you and throw you off the Battle City blimp, but that's definitely Bathead's hair... ummm... yeah.

Third: His hand... er, his right hand, but it's on our left... that one. Err, what's with it? It's either at a very odd and unnatural angle and making some strange gesture, doing something I'm not aware of, or else you had trouble with it. It's no big deal, really, but it doesn't... look... quite... right...

Fourth: The hand in the pocket. Yeah. You already know about that.

Fifth: Well, I can't find anything else wrong; I'm just curious as to what happened to my request for me (the Blaziken) glomping Bakura... not like I really care or anything, I just saw a slightly similar pic that Flareon-trainer drew for me and then this thread and was reminded of it. Now, don't feel obligated to draw it; I understand that you've probably got a ton of homework now you're in high school (I'm in ninth grade too now... whee, homework overload.) and if there's a reason you didn't do it the first time, that's fine. Besides, you're probably only just getting back as I'm writing this, so... Don't feel like I'm pressuring you to draw this, because if you don't want to then by all means forget about it. I'd just kind of like to see it, that's all.

Sixth: I already said there's nothing else wrong with it. I just want your avatar when you get bored with it... XD whee... my anti-drug is beating my little brother to a pulp in Super Smash Brothers Melee and every other video game there is. What? You asked. XD

Seventh: There's still nothing else wrong with it. So, er... hope you enjoyed your trip, don't kill yourself due to HSHOS (High School Homework Overload Syndrome... don't ask. My friend made it up.), keep up the good work and good luck with your brother. Wow, little brothers suck, don't they? Computer hogs.

[EDIT: Oops, just noticed you had another request topic going. Didn't see it before. I must be going blind. Either that or my glasses need their bi-annual cleaning again. *sighs* Sad, huh? Sad but true. Oh, well... I'll just re-request the Phoenixsong/Bakura pic, or maybe go ask for something else there... um, ok, I'll shut up now.]

Lightning
27th September 2003, 06:28 PM
Omg. I'm back and I'm so unbelievably tired. >_<;; It was pretty sunny for most of the thing, but it started raining and the wind was blowing pretty hard this morning and I didn't really get much sleep from 4 AM onwards. XD; *dies*

Bulbasaur4- Thankies. :3

Phoenixsong- 1: ;_; I'd die if I were you. How can you stand a scanner so far away!? XDD;; 2: It's Bathead. :\ He's so much more fun to draw when you don't have to spend forever trying to get that evil/pyromaniac/...evil look on his face. XD; I think I was kind of going for a less, um, evil (why is that the only word I can think of to describe him right now!?) version of a "screw off" look or something. I don't know. x_X I want to go back to bed. 3: Well he is chibified which means his hand would look a little different, and I think that's possible for a hand to do. o_O;; I can't exactly see that well since it's on such an angle for myself. 4: Yeah. 5: ;_; Ryou was mean and he wasn't cooperating while I drew so I couldn't get the pose angle right. I think I gave up, but I'll try again. XD 6: :> I love my avatar too. But I think it'll be one of those one's I'll have to keep for myself. If you want, I can make you one similar or something or you can use the idea. ^_^; 7: I haven't had that much homework yet. o_O; And I'm going to (try to) keep on top of things this year so you probably won't have to worry about me killing myself due to homework. XD; I hope, anyway. o.o

Bai,
Lightning