PDA

View Full Version : Fat camera man...

Bob54321
25th September 2003, 08:14 AM
I've been chasing the camera crew through there three positions to level up my pokemon and now they have stopped moving. I can still battle them by leaving the route and coming back.

Has this happened to anyone else>

I think the amera man looks a little fatter too :P Stopping exercise is bad.

Moonlight Espeon
25th September 2003, 03:29 PM
No... I've battled them about 15 times now @_@;; They only appear on 4 routes though or something. I forgot what they were. :P

xD @ the title and the thing about the camera man being fat

Caz129
25th September 2003, 03:36 PM
Yes, the same thing happened to me... they are on the route next to Lavaridge, right? They used to move outside of Mauville then outside of Fortree, but they have stopped. It's not lke it's inconvinient or anything, they just don't move. Sorry to burst your bubble, but the camera man is not fatter. ;)

MatthewKetchum037
25th September 2003, 04:12 PM
Hasn't happened to me yet, but maybe it will.

Pokemaster Matt
26th September 2003, 04:03 AM
Yep, mine are stuck above Mauville. Been there for ages. ='(

Bob54321
26th September 2003, 06:52 AM
I'm sure the camera man is fatter... by one pixel or something. Maybe its to do with the way the number of times you battled them is stored - some predefined maximum?

Moonlight Espeon
26th September 2003, 03:30 PM
I don't think so. I think it's until their Pokemon have grown to their maximum level (Level 39 for both Magneton and Exploud). Might not be.

Yes, I did check back, and the camera man is not fatter. Both of them are WAY too skinny. o_x;;;

Kaze Bakemono
26th September 2003, 05:13 PM
I won't ask you're all talking about the Reporter and Camera guy. I haven't battled mine in a while, so I can't remember what level their pokemon were. What's the limit for them? 39?

HedgeCat
26th September 2003, 05:40 PM
Yes, their POkémon only grow to level 39.

Kaze Bakemono
26th September 2003, 05:48 PM
Oh, I need someone to battle against. Because I'm trying to get my Ruby team to level 100. I guess they won't cut it then.

HedgeCat
26th September 2003, 05:49 PM
I train in Sky Pillar. That's probably your best bet. Or the E4, since you also get money.

Kaze Bakemono
26th September 2003, 05:53 PM
Hmm, I kind of forgot about Sky Pillar after getting Rayquaza. I guess I could go back there. I would go to the E4 and train but I never really feel like going through all that talking.

Moonlight Espeon
26th September 2003, 06:15 PM
I think you can skip the talking after you've already beat the Elite Four (I'm probably wrong)... Although, the Sky Pillar might be even better, because it has Pokemon from level 46-56 I'm pretty sure.

Kaze Bakemono
26th September 2003, 06:18 PM
Now that I have somewhere to train, I just have to pick up the Game Boy...

HedgeCat
26th September 2003, 06:20 PM
You can't skip the talking.

Moonlight Espeon
26th September 2003, 06:20 PM
You could probably also use the GBA Gameshark, but I assume you don't want to cheat. In the Sky Pillar, though, if you want to just train, stay on the first floor unless you want to catch an Altaria. The second floor introduces holes, which could be a REAL nuisance when you're trying to train.

Kaze Bakemono
26th September 2003, 06:30 PM
By Altaria I assume you mean that Dragon/Flying type pokemon right? I caught it so I know what you mean by the holes. That's the main problem in that place. Also yeah, I don't really want to cheat. I cheated in Red and Blue when I had beat them for the millionth time and got all my pokemon to level 100.

MatthewKetchum037
26th September 2003, 07:50 PM
The Elite Four is always good, because I need the money.

Poryhedron
26th September 2003, 09:05 PM
Actually, staying on the first floor isn't necessarily best. The higher you climb, the higher-level the pokémon are and the more EXP each is worth. Since the Mach Bike puzzles get harder with each even-numbered floor, you'll need to decide for yourself if the greater EXP is worth it.

Caz129
26th September 2003, 09:47 PM
Back to the topic, they do not stop moving when the pokemon reach level 39. Mine stopped moving after tens, mabye hundreds of battles. Unless by coincidence, the level of the pokemon does not determine when they stop moving. I have restarted my Sapphire version for fun, mabye I will count this time.

HedgeCat
26th September 2003, 10:09 PM
It doesn't, they still run around for me, and they are at level 39.

Bob54321
28th September 2003, 07:52 AM
I guessing the game stores the number of battles you've had with each person in the trainer eye and the tv crew and this has an upper limit... 255 battles sounds about right and this would move them to the area they are in.

The tv crew are ok for leveling up pokemon - 2300 exp for the pokemon holding exp share and $7000 ish each time you beat them. Even better once they stop moving.