PDA

View Full Version : Open Challenge [ref needed]

TheMysteryMan
25th September 2003, 06:24 PM
i would like to verse a beginner hopefully

Rules

2 vs. 2

Arena: A large skyscraper (two football fields in length to be exact). If a pokemon falls off of the skyscraper, one of the people who are washing the windows will throw a rope down to pick up the pokemon. That pokemon will lose 25% of their health.

I choose first, you attack first.

I choose Magnemite(F)

and one more thing, how do you change the title of the thread if anyone knows?

EDIT: fixed the gender of Magnemite

Zup
25th September 2003, 06:44 PM
I'll ref if you don't mind, and the mod will change the topic.

TheMysteryMan
25th September 2003, 06:48 PM
ok, thanks

TheCrimsonBlur
26th September 2003, 09:16 PM
Ill battle ya!!! Um Magnemite eh? I'll post my attacks and pokemon sometime in the next hour.....busy now.

TheCrimsonBlur
27th September 2003, 08:59 AM
Ah!!! Sorry for the double post but i seriously couldnt talk last time.....and I wanted to make sure no one took my spot in this battle.

I will be starting with my Male Corlsola, Spike!!!!

Spike: Yo!!! This is my first battle! This is where all the ladies get to see my moves 8)

Me: Ladies???

Spike: Yea...the ladies, the one good thing in this world....they have such nice.....

Me: So, u are a pervert.....

Spike: Correction, I'm a pokemon pimp.

Me: :o !!!! A pokemon pimp?

Spike: Yep..the best job in the world...i dont even ask for money i just ask for.....

Me: Focus on the battle.

Spike: Okay..my opponent is a female Magnemite. How can this magnet be a girl?? I don't see any "womenly features". ;)

Me: I guess its nueter :P .

Spike: Nueter!!!! HA! How are u going to.....

Me: Dittos :rolleyes: .

Spike: Oh. I've had many experiences with them :D

Me: (quickly changes subject) Anyways... Use Safeguard, followed by Sandstorm, then Earthquake. If it uses any electric attack except T-wave use Double Team. If it uses swift use Protect. If it uses T- wave use Safeguard.

Safeguard /Double Team /Protect ~
Sandstorm /Safeguard /Double Team /Protect ~
Earthquake /Safeguard /Double Team /Protect

Can we agree to a rest/healing ban?

TheMysteryMan
27th September 2003, 11:49 AM
yeah, we can agree on a rest/healing ban.

ok Magnemite, first use Lock-On to lock on to the target. I now forget if electric attacks work on Corsola so try a Zap cannon. Finally, if it is near the edge, use a sonic boom to try and knock it off. if it isn't, use swift.

Lock-On~Zap Cannon~Sonicboom/Swift

Zup
27th September 2003, 12:38 PM
CrimsonBlur, for now on, please make your attacks easier to read. IE: Safeguard/Double Team - Sandstorm - Earthquake/Protect
Don't confuse me. Many a confused ref has done a newbie wrong, so please clear up your attacks for later on. You were fine, MysteryMan.

MysteryMan vs. CrimsonBlur - 2 on 2 - Round 1
Magni the female Magnemite vs. Spike the male Corsola

Magni: 100% - Fatigue: 0% - Fresh
Spike: 100% - Fatigue: 0% - Fresh
Arena: Fresh

Spike: Safeguard - Sandstorm - E-Q/Protect
Magni: Lock-On - Zap Cannon - Sonic Boom/Swift

Prebattle:

The two battlers on the high, high building look at eachother with determination. Or, at least, they try. One is a red blur, moving to and fro and Mystery can't see him very well. The other is lurking in the shadows, and thus can be made out by Crimson. "This'll be an interesting battle." I chortle, as the opponents chuck their pokeballs to the center of the skyscraper. Out of Crimsons pops a horny Corsola, a little too carefree if you ask me. Out of Mystery's is a Magnemite with a pink bow. How sweet. Magni and Spike are ready, and I wave my reffing flags while a nearly choke on a donut. "Go*cough**cough*ooo!"

Battle - Round 1

Spike concentrates hard for a few seconds. Magni uses her special mechanical abilities to lock on to her opponents every move, insuring that her next attack is a hit. As Magni watches, a rainbow colored veil appears and wraps Spike up before disappearing. How weird, she thinks.

Shrugging off the weirdness, she sends a slow moving wobbly ball of electricity at Spike, who is concentrating yet again. Unlike if she had used it without locking on, the Zap Cannon made a beeline towards it;'s opponent, finally detonating, dealing some super effective damage. The paralysis normally accompanied by the cannon did not effect her foe because of the veil used earlier! Spike finishes concentrating and all the dust from the top of the skyscraper flies up and swirls around, but not dealing anyone particular damage.

Magni fires three stars at her opponent, each of them intent upon their destination. Spike quickly puts up a small shield, and the stars dissipate as they hit it. Spike, quickly puts down the shield bewfore using up any more energy.

End of Battle Stats:

Magni: 100% - Fatigue: 5% - Fresh
Spike: 94% - Fatigue: 6% - Safeguard (3 more actions)
Arena: A dust storm makes it hard to see, but other than that, it's fine. Dust storm (4 more actions)

TheMysteryMan
27th September 2003, 12:57 PM
good, good. Use a Rain Dance+Thunder combo. Then a Zap Cannon. If Corsola goes anywhere near the ledge again, subsitute Zap Cannon for Sonicboom.

Rain Dance~Thunder~Zap Cannon/Sonicboom

TheCrimsonBlur
28th September 2003, 01:59 PM
Sorry for the confusion. Well....Spike, first use Toxic , and make sure u use Toxic before Magnemite's first attack. Mirror Coat thunder back at Magnemite. If Magnemite uses Zap Cannon, use Psychic to blow Zap Cannon back at Magnemite. If Magnemite tries to Sonic Boom u off...just Psychic Magnemite off the skycraper before it knocks u off.

Just mentioning that since Sandstorm is in affect Magnemite will have a hard time aiming because Magnemite is a fairly light pokemon and will be easily blown away by the winds. Corsola on the other hand is way to heavy to be moved by the storm. Did you really think i would use Sandstorm for nothin' ;) ?

Toxic ~ Mirror Coat ~ Psychic Zap Cannon back / Psychic Magnemite off ledge

Spike: Did he just say i was too carefree? Well dont listen to him ladies, I am a serious guy, always on task, and stern.

Me: :cough: LIAR :cough:

Zup
28th September 2003, 09:57 PM
MysteryMan vs. CrimsonBlur - 2 on 2 - Round 2

Magni: 100% - Fatigue: 5% - Fresh
Spike: 94% - Fatigue: 6% - Safeguard (3 more actions)
Arena: A dust storm makes it hard to see, but other than that, it's fine. Dust storm (4 more actions)

Magni: Rain Dance - Thunder - Zap Cannon/Sonic Boom
Spike: Toxic - Mirror Coat - Psychic Zap Cannon back/Psychic Magnemite off ledge

Prebattle:

While Spike is proclaiming sterness to the nonexistent women in the arena, Magni is trying hard to stay in one place. Hovering as low as it can possibly go, the Magnemite is focusing had on staying in one place. The commands are given, and I wave my flags. Go!

Battle - Round 2

Spike carelessly rushes into action and spits a blob of extremely poisonous goo at his opposer, who, being of the steel type, is not affected in the least. As the stuff drips off, Magni quickly summons a rain storm before the whirlwind of dust hurls him off the edge. Magni is faring much better in the wet weather, and makes noises equivalent to a sigh of relief.

Magni starts crackling with electricity before a large lightning bolt from the clouds slams into Spike, where it deals super effective damage. Spike smiles back at the magnet as he flashes silver and a silver colored thunder launches back and deals double damage to Magni, who cringes.

Magni crackles with electricity again, and forms a huge wobbly orb of electricity. Magni's orb wobbles slowly towards Spike who tries forcing it back with it's limited psychic powers. Nearly bursting a vein, Spike finally grabs ahold of the energy just as it dissipates. Poor Spike. His veil that protected him from status effects is whisked away in a flurry of rainbow colors.

End of Battle Stats:

Spike: 87% - Fatigue: 22% - Tired from trying to harness electrical energy, Safeguard gone.
Magni: 87% - Fatigue: 7% - Slightly nauseous, dripping of toxic poison.
Arena: A few things messed up, dust piled in clumps, a rain storm(lasts 2 more actions), otherwise in good order.

TheCrimsonBlur
29th September 2003, 03:13 PM
That was stupid.usin toxic on a Magnemite. Hey, isnt the stats for Magni and Spike backwards?

OK, start off with Safeguard , followed by Sandstorm , and end it with Psychicing Magni off the ledge .

Safeguard ~ Sandstorm ~ Psychicing Magni off the ledge

Spike: I'll eat u up like some..............

Me: :o

Zup
29th September 2003, 06:26 PM
Yeah, they are. Sorry about that! I'll edit it now.

TheMysteryMan
29th September 2003, 07:15 PM
ok, use Thunder, then as soon as it finishes it's Sandstorm, use Rain Dance. Then, use Swift and try to get it in the eyes to make it let you go from it's psychic grasp.

Thunder~Rain Dance~Swift

Zup
30th September 2003, 09:23 PM
MysteryMan vs. CrimsonBlur - 2 on 2 - Round 3
Spike: 87% - Fatigue: 22% - Tired from trying to harness electrical energy, Safeguard gone.
Magni: 87% - Fatigue: 7% - Slightly nauseous, dripping of toxic poison.
Arena: A few things messed up, dust piled in clumps, a rain storm(lasts 2 more actions), otherwise in good order.

Spike: Safeguard - Sandstorm - Psychic Magni off skyscraper
Magni: Thunder - Rain Dance - Swift

Prebattle:

Magni hovers about a foot off the ground, vibrating steadily, making the poison goop slop onto the floor. Spike thinks up a dirty joke as he looks at his foe sniggering. "What are you, a-" he calls out lewdly. Thankfully, his trainer interrupts him by filling his mouth with a wet sock, causing the Corsola to gag unpleasantly. I nod approvingly.

"Alright guys, time for round three!" I call out, waving my flags. "Go!"

Battle - Round 3

Spike, knowing the harms of water and electricity (Thunder + Wet Sock = Very Bad), spits the sock to the side and hurriedly covers himself with another rainbow veil. Just in time too. Magni, now clean of the goo, sparkles with elctricity as it shoots a bolt of thunder at his opponent. Unfortunately, it misses and hits the sock instead. It's now a very roasted sock. Spike's eyes get big as saucers as he sees what happened to the sock. He gulps loudly.

The Magnemite waits patiently as Spike shoddily creates a windstorm. Since Spike is preoccupied, the storm is only at half strength and Magni easily wipes it away with another Rain Dance. Magni's eye goes into smile mode as Spike is drenched. Spike isn't affected, of course, it's just that everything seems to be going Magni's way.

Spike glowers at his enemy. It's time to get him back! Focusing his minute psychic powers, his energy being repleted from trying to harness energy, he attempts to control Magni and throw it over the side. Since Magni has limited organic parts, it takes awhile for this to work, but finally Spike gest him near the edge. This is when three glowing stars rush in and hit him in the eyes, causing him to curse loudly and lose concentration. Magni is still recovering from the shock of being psychiced, and thus is still near the edge, maybe a foot or two away.

End of Battle Stats:

Magni: 87% - Fatigue: 10% - recovering from psychic shock, free of toxic, near edge
Spike: 86% - Fatigue: 31% - cursing loudly, safeguard(3 more actions)
Arena: Dust in clumps, rain storm(2 more actions), few things out of place.

TheMysteryMan
1st October 2003, 08:31 PM
ok, if it ever tries to use Sandstorm again, use Rain Dance

first use the Lock On+Thunder combo, then a Thundershock.

if it ever tries to use Psychic to throw you off, use Zap Cannon on it.

Lock On/Rain Dance/Zap Cannon~Thunder/Rain Dance/Zap Cannon~Thundershock/Rain Dance/Zap Cannon

TheCrimsonBlur
2nd October 2003, 02:46 PM
Hah!!! A foot or two away!!! That will be easy! First use Mist to make lock-on ineffective. Next Psychic it off the ledge. Dont worry about Zap Cannon, it should miss bc of the mist (after all Zap Cannon has awful accuracy). And finish the round by using Mirror Coat on thundershock.

Mist ~ Psychic it off the ledge ~ Mirror Coat

Zup
2nd October 2003, 07:38 PM
MysteryMan vs. CrimsonBlur - 2 on 2 - Round 4

Magni: 87% - Fatigue: 10% - recovering from psychic shock, free of toxic, near edge
Spike: 86% - Fatigue: 31% - cursing loudly, safeguard(3 more actions)
Arena: Dust in clumps, rain storm(2 more actions), few things out of place.

Magni: Lock on - Zap Cannon - Thundershock
Spike: Mist - Psychic - Mirror Coat

Prebattle:

Magni, near the edge, sighs of relief as he stops. Spike grins evilly as his commands are given, and Magni looks on quizzically. Maybe his trainer didn't understand. Magni would have no way to understand his commands. Three words stuck in his brain, however, and felt confident in using them. Seeing everyone ready, I waved my flags. Let round 4 begin!

Battle - Round 4

Magni starts by using her mechanical features to lock on, using infrared, laser and heat seeking optics. A miniture camera is also following Spike. Spike meanly puffs out a blue plume of smoke...a mist! Magni starts panicking...until it realizes it can tell where Spike is! A li'l mist and a storm doesn't hurt a Lock on!

Spike now mentally takes control of the organic material inside the hard metallic casing of his enemy. He forces the Magnemite closer and closer...and Magnemite drops off the building, sending it's bolt of wobbly lightning straight up to nowhere, narrowly clipping an antenna. A working Hitmonlee and Hitmontop catch him. Hitmontop gives her a quick triple kick before Hitmonlee gives him a Rolling Kick + Mega Kick combo and sends him flying to the top, with a 25% damage! After this, Magni's rain stops.

Spike, waiting for this moment coats himself with a mirrorlike shield. Magnemite fires off a weak thundershock that hit's nothing and Spike wastes his turn. The multicolored veil disappears.

End of Battle Stats:

Spike: 86% - Fatigue: 42% - Safeguard gone, pleased.
Magni: 61% - Fatigue: 27% - Recovering from shock of being kicked around by the Hitmons, back in the middle.
Arena: Dust in clumps, Rain Dance is over, Mist (dissipates in 2 actions), few things out of place.

TheCrimsonBlur
2nd October 2003, 08:06 PM
That went incredibly well :D.

Hey, I jus relized something...all of Magnemite's attacks are special attacks!! So.....first use Safeguard as always. Next use Mirror Coat x2 !!

Safeguard ~ Mirror Coat ~ Mirror Coat

Spike: Man.......battling wit nueter pokemon is no fun...there is nothing to see, man i want a some....

Me: :Slaps Spike: Watch ur language.

TheMysteryMan
2nd October 2003, 08:35 PM
not all of Magnemite attacks are special attacks.

Rollout X3

TheCrimsonBlur
2nd October 2003, 08:41 PM
Oooo.....didnt notice that. Well I guess the mist will take care of those moves...this will be a fairly boring round....without anyone dealing any damage.

Spike: Ah.......might as well take a break....nothin will happen in this round...I guess I'll do what I always do in my free time :pulls out dirty magazine: .

Me: :slaps Spike again:

TheMysteryMan
5th October 2003, 01:31 PM
time to bump this

*kicks this topic to the first page and to the top of the topic list*

Zup
5th October 2003, 09:39 PM
You need to be patient. I'll get them done when I have time, I don't need them bumped, thank you very much. BTW, I'm not sure you can have a female magnemite, as Magnemite's are normally genderless.

MysteryMan vs. Crimson Blur - 2 on 2 - Round 5

Spike: 86% - Fatigue: 42% - Safeguard gone, pleased.
Magni: 61% - Fatigue: 27% - Recovering from shock of being kicked around by the Hitmons, back in the middle.
Arena: Dust in clumps, Rain Dance is over, Mist (dissipates in 2 actions), few things out of place.

Spike: Safeguard - Mirror Coat - Mirror Coat
Magni: Rollout - Rollout - Rollout

Prebattle:

Magni blinks its eye a few times, recovering her bearings. Spike is laughing at the magnet, he think's it's hilarious. His trainer makes a small boo boo and Magni is the one to laugh, but only for a short while. I wave the flag and Round 5 begins!

Battle - Round 5

Spike creates the rainbow veil for the third time, this time taking longer and costing him more energy than normal. Magni takes this turn and spins, faster and faster, preparing for a move that might come next round.

Spike flashes silver but nothing happens. Magni continues it's rotation, spinning faster by the moment. The mist goes away and the opponents finally see eachother.

Spike flashes for the last time as Magni approaches incredibly fast, still spinning...

End of Battle Stats:

Spike: 86% - Fatigue: 50% - Safeguard(lasts 3 more actions), tired
Magni: 61% - Fatigue: 32% - Spinning incredibly fast...probably needs to launch soon, tired
Arena: As usual, dust, Mist is gone, few things out of place.

TheMysteryMan
5th October 2003, 09:49 PM
i'm sorry, it just one of the things i'm not is patient. i'm sorry. i won't bump this and i will let you do the reffings at your own pace. I am very sorry. and i guess i forgot about the gender. i put that in the team approval and they approved it.

now, if it uses Mirror Coat anytime, use Headbutt. If it ever tries to Psychic you off the edge, Swift it.

ok, use Thundershock, Thunderbolt, and then Zap Cannon

Headbutt/Swift/Thundershock~Headbutt/Swift/Thunderbolt~Headbutt/Swift/Zap Cannon

TheCrimsonBlur
6th October 2003, 04:56 PM
Whoa a lot of confusion in that attack. OK, well use Psychic to stop it in its tracks if it tries to headbutt you. And use Mirror Coat the rest of the time.

Mirror Coat / Psychic ~ Mirror Coat / Psychic ~ Mirror Coat / Psychic