PDA

View Full Version : [RBY] Bulbasaur/Mew Connection?

Sir Gluggo
25th September 2003, 09:46 PM
A long time ago, me and my friend were link battling, Mew vs. Mew. My Mew used Transform, and it turned into a Bulbasaur! Also, I put my Mew in the Daycare, and when I took it out, it was...you guessed it:a Bulbasaur! Heh, I sold it for $10, the "Psychic Bulbasaur". It knew Transform, Fissure, Psychic and Substitute (or something like that).

What's the connection?
http://www.twinmoons.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/charlotte/mew.jpghttp://www.cyberus.ca/~yadayadayada/pokemon/bathspongebuddy5in-bulbasaur.jpg

RaZoR LeAf
26th September 2003, 07:18 AM
Glitch by the sounds of it. God knows why anyone would want a bulbasaur with those mvoes anyway.

woz
26th September 2003, 10:20 AM
yeah i'll also say it is one of the many glitches within red/blue/yellow.

bme
26th September 2003, 06:40 PM
um... :O

I had a glitch where a wild Tentacruel I caught had Blizzard, in Yellow.

×X×·ShadowPrince·×X×
28th September 2003, 01:41 PM
Erm, I was once training a Mew in Gold version, and I used transform to copy a Ditto. Somehow, it stayed that way. Since Ditto can transform into any Pokemon, and Mew can learn any attack. Chances are that Mew and Ditto have more of a connection rather than Mew and Bulbasaur. It could also be that Bulbasaur is No. 1 and Mew really doesn't appear unless without a GameShark. Glitch.

Iveechan
3rd October 2003, 01:45 AM
Man, if I had a Venusaur with Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower and Psychic... now I wish I kept transform on Mew :/

ShinyVulpix
4th October 2003, 01:54 AM
I've ever caught a DIGTRIO in yellow.
When I use HM01 I saw that my DIGTRIO was able to learn cut.

SWAMPERT1
4th October 2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by ShinyVulpix
I've ever caught a DIGTRIO in yellow.
When I use HM01 I saw that my DIGTRIO was able to learn cut. thats not a glitch. he's suposse to learn that.

Poryhedron
5th October 2003, 01:14 AM
A lot of pokémon gained new TM compatibility in Yellow. Hold on.../digs through PC/ here we go. I'll just copypaste this old, old E-mail to make my life easier.

Charizard: Charizard may now use HM 2: Fly!
Metapod and Kakuna: each learns Harden at level 7, so an evolved Caterpie will have Tackle, String Shot and Harden at the same time.
Butterfree: Aside from learning most moves earlier than in Red/Blue, Butterfree learns Gust at level 28, and can now use HM 4: Strength!
Pikachu: Pikachu does not learn Swift the way it does in Red/Blue. It does learn Tail Whip, Double Team, Slam, Thunderbolt and Light Screen naturally.
Nidoran: Both genders learn Double Kick much earlier, and other attacks are shifted to later levels to compensate.
Venonat: Since Venonat is found much earlier in Yellow, it has new early moves: Supersonic and Confusion. Also, it may now use TM 30: Teleport, TM 39: Swift, and HM 4: Strength!
Venomoth: Aside from Venonat's other goodies, Venomoth may now use TM 4: Whirlwind!
Dugtrio: Dugtrio may now use HM 1: Cut!
Mankey: Mankey learns Low Kick at level 9, and also gains the move Screech.
Primeape: Aside from Mankey's two new moves, Primeape learns Rage if it's evolved by level 28.
Cubone: Instead of starting with it, Cubone now learns Bone Club at level 10. It also gains Tail Whip and Head Butt.
Chansey: Chansey learns Tail Whip in Yellow.
Tangela: Tangela learns Vine Whip in Yellow--but it learns it at Level 29, possibly too late for Tangela caught in Red/Blue.
Scyther: Scyther gains the use of Wing Attack at level 50.
Pinsir: Pinsir now learns Bind.
Lapras: In Yellow, Lapras canNOT use TM 12: Water Gun the way it can in Red/Blue.
Eevee: Eevee now learns Growl, and does not learn Focus Energy. Levels learned are different for nearly every attack.
Vaporeon: Vaporeon now learns Aurora Beam, and does not learn Mist. Again, the levels learned are different.
Jolteon: Jolteon's moves have not been changed, but it still learns everything at different levels.
Flareon: Flareon now learns Smog. Levels have, of course, been messed with.
Kabutops: Kabutops may now use HM 1: Cut!

Bob54321
5th October 2003, 08:38 AM
Um... Buttefree learns Flash in Yelow, not Strength - check it in game yourself.

Moonlight Espeon
21st October 2003, 08:32 PM
No, there is no connection between Mew and Bulbasaur. It HAS to be a glitch. Remember that old Missingno topic that got pruned? It explained it all. The game can't compensate with the cheat, which means it'll screw up and do weird things O_o </bad summaries>

Although, I HAVE seen an indefinite connection between Mew and Ditto. I think in the game, Ditto is the closest thing to a Mew since it's the only other Pokemon that can use any move, and the appearance is somewhat alike, so it thinks Mew is a Ditto. In fact, I think Mew actually might have been branched off the Ditto idea, since both of them are pink, both mysterious, and both can learn any move. O_o;

Gnight
10th November 2003, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Iveechan
Man, if I had a Venusaur with Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower and Psychic... now I wish I kept transform on Mew :/

i've always kept transform on my mews. it can come in handy. like that mew/transform glitchy thingy(there's a name of it but i forgot) that will replace transform with any attack in the game. anyway, i cant see any connection between mew and bulbasaur

Bob54321
11th November 2003, 06:59 AM
I think the mew/ditto connection may be to do with how the game stores the data. i.e. when you use tranform a fake pokemon is made and the data from you old poke (PP etc) is stored for later. If you transform mew into ditto then use transform again it might save dittos info over mew.

Can't see a bulbasaur connection though.

andyizcool
17th November 2003, 12:44 PM
That must be cool getting a Bulbasaur with a rare moveset the only problem is if you want to battle someone they will think you've sharked it and claim you've cheated.

~Andrew