PDA

View Full Version : :: Question about Misty’s return ::

Scuba.Diving
26th September 2003, 09:12 PM
:: Question about Misty’s return ::

Okay... I know about the Misty’s return at the episode 321 «Enter Misty! Togepi and the Kingdom of Illusions!» and 322 «Togepi and the Mirage Kingdom!»...

But does she stay at the serie after those apparitions?

I have noticed she don’t appear in the red screen intermed of the eps-321 (you see only Ash, Brock, May and Masato...)...

Somebody heared any rumors about that?

Does Misty stay with the gang for the season 7 of pokemon?

Thank for the help!

Light_Togetic
26th September 2003, 09:15 PM
Well, at least you posted in the right spot! :)

Yes, Misty is going to stay. As far as I know, she's got anew outfit, and she's come a long way to get to Hoenn, so I don't think she ould just go back.

So, the answer to your question is yes.

Too Cool Scyther
26th September 2003, 09:17 PM
Why would she come all the way from Cerulean City to Hoenn just to show up for a few episodes?

Also, I noticed there wasn't a new intro. That's reasonable. Why on earth would they have a new intro (that'll most likely include Misty) in it? They aired the regular intro, and her return is a surprise. That's they way it's intended to be.

And that red screen, they eye catch you're talking about... Eye catches really mean nothing as regards to the series/episodes. It could just be that they didn't update it yet.

Scuba.Diving
26th September 2003, 09:22 PM
If you right, the animators need to change that old intermed...

http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/houen/320/0177.JPG
And put Misty with the gang... No?

Thank you for the answer... I hope she’s going to stay!!! :)

Originally posted by Light_Togetic
Well, at least you posted in the right spot! :)

Yes, Misty is going to stay. As far as I know, she's got anew outfit, and she's come a long way to get to Hoenn, so I don't think she ould just go back.

So, the answer to your question is yes.

Light_Togetic
26th September 2003, 09:26 PM
I'm sure they'll change it after a few episodes with her. Like Too Cool Scyther said, they probably just wanted to surprise the audience. They're probably putting the finishing touches on a new intro and eyecatch as we speak, er, type.

Scuba.Diving
26th September 2003, 09:27 PM
I don’t talk about intro but the intermed... See below for the pic...

Okay! But (Maybe I’m wrong) I think she’s coming only to see a conference about Toguepi, she’s get an invitation... All gang wait with Misty the messenger (it’s, in reality, TeamRocket, who’s work for an evil kingdom)...

Anyway! It’s just a supposition... I hope she’s stay in the serie now!!! I like Misty so much !!! :)

Thank for the answer!!!

Originally posted by Too Cool Scyther
Why would she come all the way from Cerulean City to Hoenn just to show up for a few episodes?

Also, I noticed there wasn't a new intro. That's reasonable. Why on earth would they have a new intro (that'll most likely include Misty) in it? They aired the regular intro, and her return is a surprise. That's they way it's intended to be.

And that red screen, they eye catch you're talking about... Eye catches really mean nothing as regards to the series/episodes. It could just be that they didn't update it yet.

Scuba.Diving
26th September 2003, 09:31 PM
Uh! That not a intro but a intermed (any word to tell intermed in english, uh?)... That showed between the first minutes of the show and the ending... Maybe for some advertising! I don’t know...

That can’t reveal if Misty come back or not, you see the first sequence, and you know in advance if Misty come back... That have no incidence...

Anyway! Thank... Hey! That like a real chat... I receive answer immediatly! That cool!!! :)

Other things!!!! I see some people here who’s don’t like her hair style... For me, this hair style it’s a part of Misty... I like it... Don’t touch it... :) If Misty change her hair... I think it’s give to her too more change... I bad...

I’m surprise to see the new Misty’s outfit... I don’t like it... But I think it’s a necessity because all of her friends change outfit too!

Originally posted by Light_Togetic
I'm sure they'll change it after a few episodes with her. Like Too Cool Scyther said, they probably just wanted to surprise the audience. They're probably putting the finishing touches on a new intro and eyecatch as we speak, er, type.

Hanada Tattsu
27th September 2003, 12:28 AM
I am SO HAPPY that Misty's returning, and I think she's here to stay. She has a new outfit, she's fresh and new.

And before Max and Brock joined the group, only Ash and May were on the eyecatches, but then Max and Brock were added in respectively.

Scuba.Diving
27th September 2003, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
....And before Max and Brock joined the group, only Ash and May were on the eyecatches, but then Max and Brock were added in respectively.

True? Allright! That a good new!!! Thank you very much!!! :)

Gravy
27th September 2003, 09:25 AM
Hmmmm... I noticed this also. Whenever a new member of the group makes their debut, they're always put in the little eye-catch sequences before and after commercials.
Just becuse Misty has new clothes, and just because Togepi has evolved doesn't mean she'll be staying. The writers may even intend on giving her cameo episodes every so often, kinda like how the group bump into Casey and Gary. I'm not against Misty staying (Well...maybe a little ^_^0), but I just don't think people are looking at all the angles here. Its just everyone is singing the same tune over and over. 'Misty has new clothes...Yay she's staying' or 'Her pokémon evolves...Yay she's staying'.
Just saying, but there are other possibilites in this huge, confusing universe...meh :P

I see some people here who’s don’t like her hair style... For me, this hair style it’s a part of Misty... I like it... Don’t touch it... If Misty change her hair... I think it’s give to her too more change... I bad...

Yes I agree. Dunno why some people are like that, its not as if Ash and Brock changed their hairstyles is it? :rolleyes:

Hanada Tattsu
27th September 2003, 09:51 AM
Still, she's just got to stay. I couldn't stay another season with May!

Anyways, the hair style is a part of Misty, I'm glad they didn't touch it either.

Mikey
27th September 2003, 10:40 AM
The season with May hasn't even started here, so how could you "not go another season" with her. May may prove to be better then Misty, if you give her the chance. There hasn't been any mention of Misty staying in the first of the two episodes though, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Animelee
27th September 2003, 03:20 PM
During the episode whenever Misty saw Shedinja or the two Ninjask, she would scream and say "Mushi, mushi!" which means "Bugs, bugs!" May, in the episode, acted WAY more mature than Misty, even though she started doing the "Haruka Documentary" thing again at the most serious moments, LOL. So, they're both equally mature/childish.

Misty and May are the best of friends, and Max is also friends with Misty, too.

Umm, screenshots as soon as I get the real high quality version of the episode in the middle of the week. :S

Oh yeah, and it doesn't seem that Togetic has to stay at Mirage Island, since there's no reason for him to...but he might. :S

Gravy
27th September 2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Animelee
During the episode whenever Misty saw Shedinja or the two Ninjask, she would scream and say "Mushi, mushi!" which means "Bugs, bugs!" May, in the episode, acted WAY more mature than Misty, even though she started doing the "Haruka Documentary" thing again at the most serious moments, LOL. So, they're both equally mature/childish.

Misty and May are the best of friends, and Max is also friends with Misty, too.

Well, I guess that puts all the 'Misty is more mature' arguments to rest then :yes:
lol, its great to see that both girls have some sort of quirk we can laugh at. I'm looking forward to seeing those documentary scenes from Haruka, they sound like they will brighten up the episodes.
Now that I think about it, maybe Misty staying wouldn't be so bad. I'd like to see all the members of the group interact, and see their odd-ball personalities mix :p

Max is friends with Misty? Hmmm....just a thought, but does anyone think Max could get a crush on Misty? lol, that would be a little odd, and would give a good reason for Max to stay :P

Fossil Kabutops
27th September 2003, 03:46 PM
Well, I don't know May's pesonaltity because here we're not yet so far in the eppisodes...... But I think your right, I meand every character has a irritating or childish part: Brock, and his girls :D, Misty and buggs, May and her documentary........ So we'll just need to let it come over us.

And about Max getting a crush on Misty would be very odd:P I mean how old id Max? 8-9 years? and misty? 14-15 years old? That's a difference of at least 5 years! And actually even if Max would get a crush on Misty, I don't think Misty will be very pleased about that. Just look at the special: the seriously of misty's match: risking a life? There she also freaked out, when the boy said he loved her ;). The idea is quite funny, but I doubt that it will happen.

Crystal Mew
27th September 2003, 03:59 PM
I think Misty stays...I mean, she doesn't have to look after the gym anymore, plus, she came out all that why...surely she isn't going to leave after just two episodes..if anyone leaves, maybe its the kid...Mataso, or max :yes:

or maybe, they can all stay =)

And hey, the idea of Max having a crush on Misty isn't that weird...I'm 17, and this 11 yr old had a crush on me o_o; so...yeah, lol. its possible ;D

Fossil Kabutops
27th September 2003, 04:13 PM
Yes, but I alos didn't say it isn't possible! Oh, no just look at some adults, sometimes there's a difference of about 10 years. I only say, it would not seems likely to me to happen in the anime.

please don't hit me...

Gravy
27th September 2003, 04:32 PM
Well, in real life, young children often get little crushes on people older than themselves. For instanse, in schools, little kids often get crushes on their teachers, or a friend of their older sibling. Either that, or he'll just treat Misty as another big sister :P

Hanada Tattsu
27th September 2003, 05:24 PM
So? It was justified for Misty to be afraid of a ghost bug and a bee. Misty is more mature, May's stupid documentaries while their lives are at risk is much worse than Misty being scared of bugs.

And like I said, I have given her I chance, and I do not like her. Stop trying to convert me to liking May, it'll never happen! *WAVES MISTY FLAG!*

Animelee
27th September 2003, 05:43 PM
Well, Max was actually the leader of the mini group they had when they were running away from the Shedinja and Ninjask. Ash and Brock stayed behind and battled them, while Max helped Misty and May get away.

As for Max liking Misty, I dunno, I mean, he seems too mature for that, LOL. The girls are actually less mature than the boys, hehe.

Potato Dude
27th September 2003, 07:38 PM
It'll never happen, and we're just going to prove why! For every point, a counterpoint, and in the end it's the by-laws of the fanboy community! Speaking is harmless. Babbling incessantly about the unimportant in a life-death spot isn't all that bad in and of itself, as it's not really a good thing to know how bad it is. Sort of like not looking down while climbing a mountain. Sure beats panicking. Overreacting can make other people panic, also unhealthy.

We may not be able to convert you, but there's a difference between the statements that you don't like May and the ones that she's bad. I'm not the world's biggest May fan (in some regards that makes me happy - I can say May without "HOT" in the same sentence), but I'm not going to let you claim one to be "better" than the other without a fight. Mostly because I like to argue.

Hanada Tattsu
28th September 2003, 10:45 AM
If you would love to argue, why don't we? Fine, where was May when Misty was traveling with Ash? I thought so, in some distant land putting makeup on her face. Your turn.

Rei_Zero
28th September 2003, 11:22 AM
Nice joke Hanada. Right now, I'm ROTFLMAO *not*
May is only ten years old. She was facing pressure from her family to train pokemon. When Ash was ten, he was having a serious immature blood fued with Gary, Misty was getting pissed of at how her sisters appeared much better then her and would make her feel bad about it, and who knows what Brock was doing. Misty is at least a couple of years older then May, which means more background experience and more maturing of the mind. Its nonsensible to be arguing how great Misty is and how terrible May is if your only going to say, "Well, I have a bigger, better, car then you while I have a Master's degree in Business and I am a CEO and your a younger Junior in the same University as me and you have a job at McDonalds trying to earn more money for your University." In the end, your just character-bashing May.

Hanada Tattsu
28th September 2003, 11:25 AM
Max having a crush on Misty would be kinda cute, on point of fact. Little kids do usually have, as said, crushes on older mentors, like teachers, or even parents. Max and Misty started to become chummy, but I wonder if this will develop in future episodes.

The latest episode title is on Masato and Surskit. Maybe Masato will catch it, but because of his crush on Misty, he would give her the Surskit as a gift. That's a good way to give Misty Surskit, isn't it?

Animelee
28th September 2003, 03:15 PM
Actually...

When Ash, Brock, May, and Max grabbed onto the rope on the bottom of the blimp, May starting doing her "Haruka's Documentary!" thing, and Ash told her to "Be quiet and focus". Then, when they got in the blimp, she started doing more, and Ash told her to be quiet again. Other than that, she was "mature" for the rest of the episode.

For Misty, at the most intense moments, where they should've been running away, Misty was like "MUSHIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!", and her legs were shaking, while May had to comfort her, and Max had to lead them both... Again, when they were caught in a corner and Shedinja and Ninjask were going to Solarbeam and Shadow Ball them, Misty's eyes were huge, and she stood still, and again, May had to comfort her.

So, actually, it was MAY who was more mature in this episode, but, who cares? Can't we just enjoy the characters for who they are? I mean, I LIKE May's documentaries, and I LIKE Misty's fear of Bug-type Pokemon, and it adds a lot more humor and character to their persons... ^^; Anyways, I'm sure in a future episode, Misty will be more mature than May, and in others, vice-versa. But, who cares?!

[/Trying to be Brock's Mudkip]

Fossil Kabutops
28th September 2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Animelee
Actually...

When Ash, Brock, May, and Max grabbed onto the rope on the bottom of the blimp, May starting doing her "Haruka's Documentary!" thing, and Ash told her to "Be quiet and focus". Then, when they got in the blimp, she started doing more, and Ash told her to be quiet again. Other than that, she was "mature" for the rest of the episode.

For Misty, at the most intense moments, where they should've been running away, Misty was like "MUSHIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!", and her legs were shaking, while May had to comfort her, and Max had to lead them both... Again, when they were caught in a corner and Shedinja and Ninjask were going to Solarbeam and Shadow Ball them, Misty's eyes were huge, and she stood still, and again, May had to comfort her.

So, actually, it was MAY who was more mature in this episode, but, who cares? Can't we just enjoy the characters for who they are? I mean, I LIKE May's documentaries, and I LIKE Misty's fear of Bug-type Pokemon, and it adds a lot more humor and character to their persons... ^^; Anyways, I'm sure in a future episode, Misty will be more mature than May, and in others, vice-versa. But, who cares?!

[/Trying to be Brock's Mudkip]

Yeah, animelee is right. As I said before every character has his of her own childish,irritating,immaryre, whatever you wanna call it, habits. Because if they hadn't ,they souldn't be the character we hate/like now(well duh! :rolleyes: ) So if Misty wasn't afraid of buggs, maybe(I dunno) Hanada souldn't have liked her so much, and if May shouldn't have her5 documetary thing, maybe Potato Dude, wouln't have liked her so much. So the one loves something about his/her favorite character, what the oder one hates most about it.

So please, can you guys stop now arguing agains each other? :confused: You will have to accept each others choice.

Potato Dude
28th September 2003, 08:49 PM
*waves Animelee flag*

Extremely well-put. Yep, Ash and Gary's rivalry actually was kinda dumb, come to think of it.

Rei_Zero
28th September 2003, 09:58 PM
No. Ash and Gary rivalry was pretty good. It shows the proud and determined spirits of the youth and how it changes into friendship.

Hanada Tattsu
29th September 2003, 01:15 AM
Yes, I will always support and like Misty, and you guys will always support and like May, it's your choice.

Ash and Gary's rivalry was good in Kanto, it got, well, too friendly in Johto.

Potato Dude
29th September 2003, 05:40 AM
Good for character, but kinda dumb of them, I mean.

Did I mention I'm NOT a big May fan? I'm actually rather neutral.

Light_Togetic
29th September 2003, 12:26 PM
Hmm... well, I think I'll have to agree with Animelee on this one. I mean, things that irritate me about Richie, are things that others like in him. The reason characters even have flaws in them is because it makes them human. Imagine Jessie as a goodie-goodie that never hit anyone. How much fun would she be to watch? Not very. I love it when she gets a bit violent. ;)

Although Misty will always be my fave, I accept others' opinions on her, however trivial they may be.

And the more you argue with Hanada, the more he's just gonna say what you don't want him to say. It's obvious he's not gonna change his mind, so what's really the point? Everyone should just accept each other's feelings. You don't have to agree with others' opinions, just respect them. It's part of growing up.:D

Potato Dude
29th September 2003, 04:17 PM
Jessie the goody-goody? They shoulda had that as a subplot in "Fortune Hunters!" Maybe she coulda been Wobbuffet or something. For a short perios, it'd be funny as hell, with Meowth constantly noting that Wobby doesn't attack...

Hanada Tattsu
29th September 2003, 10:52 PM
Well said, Light Togetic. The more you say Misty sucks, the more I will say May sucks, so let's just stop bashing each other's favorite characters.

Potato Dude
29th September 2003, 11:03 PM
Okay, but still...an episode worth of Jessie struggling not to hurt people would be hysterical!

Hanada Tattsu
30th September 2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Potato Dude
Okay, but still...an episode worth of Jessie struggling not to hurt people would be hysterical!

Yeah, that would be funny.

Oh, and I almost forgot, I hope Misty bought her mallet with her to Hoenn, remember that time when she hit Brock with a log? That was hilarious, LOL.

Light_Togetic
30th September 2003, 11:29 AM
Erm, that wasn't quite what I meant Potato Dude... >_< But, it would be funny to see Jessie temporarily like that, but not forever.

Anyway, I remember when Misty kicked Brock in the face because he thought a piece of grass on her was a bug and freaked her out for no reason. ^-^

Scuba.Diving
3rd October 2003, 06:08 PM
So... Actually I done a bull eyes no? Misty leave the gang after only 2 episodes... It’s a shame? But why she leave again?

In the first new about Misty return I have a strange feeling about that... First, the episode mention Misty came only because she receive a special invitation for Toguepi convention...

If Misty’s Toguetic leave her... Maybe Misty began a big search for him? It’s true, why Ash and friends don’t follow her?

Any explainations ?:confused:

Hanada Tattsu
4th October 2003, 12:01 AM
I really can't believe Misty left after only two episodes. I'm sad and devistated but angry and I just felt a hatred for May, at the moment. I'm not bashing, don't worry...

I hope we see a whole bunch of Hoso specials for her, to make up for her loss, why did she have to go? :( :mad:

Chris 2.1
5th October 2003, 08:17 AM
Oh well, now Misty's been degreaded from 'main character' to 'makes an appearence'.....*sniff*

What I meant to ask was, before the break, they show the four characters (i think its eye catch) or something, is Misty in eitheR?

Lady Dragonrider
5th October 2003, 09:06 AM
No, Misty was not in the eyecatch.

Hanada Tattsu
6th October 2003, 11:57 PM
Well, if Misty was not in the eyecatch, then Misty became another Casey or Richie and became replaced by May. :( :mad:

But why? I mean, she deserves more, and I don't think that she will have a bad personality.

Entropy
7th October 2003, 05:04 AM
That's easy for you to say: you love Misty. Before the episode aired, I had my doubts about whether Misty would be a permanent character and it seems she wouldn't. I'll wait until more posters give their opinion on this.

Of course, this doesn't rule out an opportunity to remeet the group later. I'm guessing this will probably be the pattern.

Hanada Tattsu
7th October 2003, 09:18 AM
Yeah, that's what I meant. We all should know that Ash and the group, back in Johto, used to meet Casey and Richie a few times each season. Well, unfortunately for us Misty fans, this is Misty's new spot in the show, but I think she deserves to be with the group.

Rei_Zero
7th October 2003, 06:31 PM
I don't think so. If Misty was in the group, she would lost all character, AGAIN. Misty should stay in the specials and occasional cameos in my mind, because Misty just can't be in a quantity of episodes anymore. There isn't enough material on Misty for that. It's just like trying to write a report on a spam sandwhich and trying to extend it five pages. If Misty stays in the specials and cameos spot, we are at least gauranteed to have a qualitive character.

Scuba.Diving
7th October 2003, 08:07 PM
I heard information about Misty really leaving for Azuria (her home gym)... She follow her dream to become a water pokémon expert... This decission have be take at the last Hoso when her sister come back home...

Actually, we have to many indice of Misty’s romance and AAML... She refuse, again, an other lover (Hoso)... She have already one person who’s catch her eyes...

But why writer make too many indices of that and... Those writers can’t stop that now...

Actually, Misty, brave her scary feeling about garydos... She’s more mature now... Misty are the character who’s have more devloppments on a very large range (emotions, love, ambitions...) than any others else... It’s strange no?

Look her face on the last episode... She’s are too funny...

Maybe some people planned to do something for the serie... hum-hum! :D

Rei_Zero
7th October 2003, 08:45 PM
Let's not range into AAML. Its not been truly advanced on for a very long time. Crushes do end after all. And feelings aren't always returned. Also, the complete reason why she can't stay in the series is because of her character developement. If she stays with the group, her dreams will never be realized. Her potential will be wasted. All character growth will shrivel. She needs a different setting for her abilities to show.

Scuba.Diving
7th October 2003, 09:14 PM
You have a point... She must to return to Asuria to follow her dream to be a water pokemon expert...

Originally posted by Rei_Zero
Let's not range into AAML. Its not been truly advanced on for a very long time. Crushes do end after all. And feelings aren't always returned. Also, the complete reason why she can't stay in the series is because of her character developement. If she stays with the group, her dreams will never be realized. Her potential will be wasted. All character growth will shrivel. She needs a different setting for her abilities to show.