PDA

View Full Version : Ash = Slow Traveler

Too Cool Scyther
26th September 2003, 09:26 PM
I'm not talking about the fillers that are constantly there. I'm talking about people catching up to him with ease.

Think about it. Where should I start... here are the ones that stick out in my mind instantly.

Pokémon The Movie 2000 - Ash, Misty, and Brock. The whole world in danger and whatnot. Professor Oak and Delia came to where Ash was by airplane.

Pokémon The Movie 3 - Whereever Ash was, he was certainly in Johto. If I recall correctly, Delia travelled to where Ash was instantly again!

Johto League Silver Conference - Ash took 3 seasons to get here. Great right? Well... let's talk about Squirtle and his squad. If I recall correctly, the Squirtle Squad fights fires between Cerulean city and Vermillion City. Officer Jenny said when Squirtle saw Ash holding the torch in the Silver Conference, he had to come. So it basically took 1 day for Officer Jenny to ride on her motocycle from that Kanto place, all the way to the Johto Region's Pokemon League! Amazing!

And get this... Misty. Look at her, in Cerulean City. She got to Ash, Brock, May, and Max in a matter of... days? Who knows. But it's pretty darn fast don't you think? What did Misty do? Travel by bike? Walk?

In conclusion... the Pokemon World seems like a very small place, despite the many filler cities the animes try to introduce. If you can travel around the Pokémon World in a matter of days.... won't life be boring? So is Ash really taking small steps on his way to become a Pokemon Master? :D

Ah the mysteries...

Light_Togetic
26th September 2003, 09:29 PM
Maybe Ash just likes taking the "scenic route"!;)

No, I see what you mean. Planes can only go so fast, but I guess when the world's in mortal danger, they get to go faster!

Hanada Tattsu
27th September 2003, 12:31 AM
I think that, especially in JLC, some episodes were taking place in the same day. I agree with you, there is no way Jenny can go from Vermillion to Johto in a day.

Nikku-San
27th September 2003, 02:39 AM
Wait... Where was Tohjo Falls located in the game? Near Mt Silver right? Then actually, she could get there rather fast. Or maybe she took a police helicopter. ^^;;

And yeah, I do agree that some episodes took place in the same day. Man, Ash really does have an exciting life... Almost wish I could be him.

Hanada Tattsu
27th September 2003, 05:34 PM
Um, its not really near Mount Silver, its like the border line between Kanto and Johto, I guess.

Nikku-San
27th September 2003, 06:08 PM
But can you remember what it was near in Johto? Maybe it was near New Bark Town, I really can't remember.

soggy_cardboard
27th September 2003, 07:41 PM
there is no way Jenny can go from Vermillion to Johto in a day hmmm....maybe she took an abra's teleport?
i guess its possible

Nikku-San
27th September 2003, 11:58 PM
Hmmm, I never thought of that soggy, but it's a good idea. Though you'd need a Kadabra or Alakazam for that kind of distance.

Hanada Tattsu
28th September 2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Nikku-San
But can you remember what it was near in Johto? Maybe it was near New Bark Town, I really can't remember.

Yeah, it was right near New Bark Town. I guess that proves my theory of New Bark Town being nothing but a far off Johto frontier town.

Nikku-San
29th September 2003, 08:12 PM
Well, I think they made that obvious in "Don't Touch That 'Dile".

Hanada Tattsu
29th September 2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Nikku-San
Well, I think they made that obvious in "Don't Touch That 'Dile".

In "Dont Touch that Dile", New Bark looked like a metropolitan, major city. In the game, its anything but that. Unless you were trying to be sarcastic.

Light_Togetic
30th September 2003, 11:34 AM
Yeah, I thought New Bark town would have been more like Pallet. You know, with a bunch of fields and stuff. But it had a bunch of buildings.

AKA Pokemon Fan
3rd October 2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Too Cool Scyther
Pokémon The Movie 2000 - Ash, Misty, and Brock. The whole world in danger and whatnot. Professor Oak and Delia came to where Ash was by airplane.
Actually they came by helicopter, and the storm Ash and company were in had blown them far off course, to the end of the Orange Islands if I recall right. Thus they may have been closer to the Kanto mainland. In any event, helicopters can travel fast.

Pokémon The Movie 3 - Whereever Ash was, he was certainly in Johto. If I recall correctly, Delia travelled to where Ash was instantly again!
I'd say the intervening time period could have been a good six hours or more. If part of the journey was by plane, or even if much of it were highways far from Ash's generally scenic routes, they could have gotten there quite quickly even if Ash was a good hundred miles away.

Johto League Silver Conference - Ash took 3 seasons to get here. Great right? Well... let's talk about Squirtle and his squad. If I recall correctly, the Squirtle Squad fights fires between Cerulean city and Vermillion City. Officer Jenny said when Squirtle saw Ash holding the torch in the Silver Conference, he had to come. So it basically took 1 day for Officer Jenny to ride on her motocycle from that Kanto place, all the way to the Johto Region's Pokemon League! Amazing!
Keep in mind that a good portion of Ash's Johto journey consisted of going back over routes he'd already been on. And as said, the Silver Conference is quite close to Pallet relatively.

And get this... Misty. Look at her, in Cerulean City. She got to Ash, Brock, May, and Max in a matter of... days? Who knows. But it's pretty darn fast don't you think? What did Misty do? Travel by bike? Walk?
She probably got connections via Oak or her gym leader status to get a boat or ferry or even plane to Hoenn.

In conclusion... the Pokemon World seems like a very small place, despite the many filler cities the animes try to introduce. If you can travel around the Pokémon World in a matter of days.... won't life be boring? So is Ash really taking small steps on his way to become a Pokemon Master? :D
Keep in mind that a lot of the journeying is probably not as the bird flies. Also keep in mind that in the modern world people can travel half way around the world in less than a day.

Hanada Tattsu
4th October 2003, 12:06 AM
It has been said, especially in the early episodes, that Ash tends to take scenic routes with lots of Pokemon rather through the highways. We only see the rural areas of the show, but I am sure that there are freeways and highways with many cars and people along the Pokemon world.