PDA

View Full Version : Advance Generation Episode #321: Toward the Illusions! Togepi's Paradise!

Hanada Tattsu
27th September 2003, 12:56 AM
Next On In Japan

Advance Generation Episode #321: Toward the Illusions! Togepi's Paradise!

Initial First Thoughts

Well, this seems like the continuation to last week's episode, where Misty returned, and we know that she has Togepi and Corsola with her. This episode will sum up if Togepi evolves and leaves, and if Misty herself leaves. Hopefully, she will stay! This seems, like last weeks episode, like quite the exciting episode. Let's see if it is!

Analysis of the Preview

First, we see the regular red-orange background of Groudon and the logo of Advance Generation like usual, and then we see the king of the Togepi Kingdom from last time ordering his two Ninjask to use Shadow Ball, and we see a Togepi (we don't know who's, it could be Misty's) dodging them. We then see a line of tired, hurt Togepi's in a row, and we see Ash, Pikachu, Misty, and one of the girls from the last episode looking on at something horrified. Misty looks really angry. We then see a Togepi glowing and evolving into the air, taking form and finally evolving into Togetic! This may be Misty's Togepi, finally evolving into Togetic, while Ash, Pikachu, Misty, and the others watch on. We then see the two Ninjask and Shedinja watch on from above, and a pair of hands put a sleeping Togepi on a sundail, which glows. We then see Ash order Pikachu to use a Thunderbolt, and we see Misty order Gyarados to use Dragon Rage on Shedinja. We then see the blue/aqua background with the episode title.

Location of the Group

Basically, since the group are in the same location as last time, as it was a two part episode, they are still in the Togepi Kingdom, in the Desert, off of Route 111, heading for Fallarbor Town, where May will compete in her contest.

Picture of the Week

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_ag/2_yokoku/img/045.jpg

Here's a picture of a sleeping Togepi on the glowing sundail.

Final Thoughts

Well, I guess this kind of makes us think that Misty is going to stay, hopefully. We also know she brought Togepi with her, but we also think that it will finally evolve into Togetic! I hope it does! We also know that she bought Corsola, Gyarados, and also her Psyduck with her. She bought Togepi/Togetic, Corsola, Gyarados and Psyduck from Cerulean. I hope Togetic stays, it may leave, and I hope Misty stays too, cause Togetic may be another Pidgeot.

Next Week....

Next week, the Togepi saga will be over, and hopefully with Misty on their side, the next episode will be Advance Generation #322, 322: Winstrate Family! 4 VS 4!! This episode hopefully will include Misty battling, and maybe Ash and Brock, and maybe even May, who probably will lose. :D But we hopefully will see Team Rocket battle too, that would be funny.

Until Then!

Sayonara!

Nikku-San
27th September 2003, 02:43 AM
I really hope it's Misty's Togepi evolving too. But either way, it's so awesome she has a Gyarados now!

*Murkrow
27th September 2003, 03:14 AM
Even though I don't normally care much about Misty related eps, even this has gotten me interested now.
It better be Mistys Togepi evolving, that things evolution is so overdue that its not funny anymore;o
Her bringing Gyarados is a bit of a surprise, though hopefully it'll get some good use on the show.

All in all, looks interesting, just need to know which Togepi that it is.....

RJdude
27th September 2003, 06:09 AM
Actually, the next episode if the Winstrate family episode.

But anyway, thanks for the preview. When I first found out that Togepi was evolving (assuming that the Togepi that evolved was Misty's) I was really happy (I had predicted no less then 5 tmes that Togepi was going to evolve... 4th movie, last Johto episode, and all three Misty specials, and it finally did.) But then I realized that it was probably going to leave. But here's my take on why/why it won't leave.

Why it Will
- Misty's Togepi is suppossily the "King of the Illusion/Mirage Kingdom"... this obviously points to Togepi pulling a Pidgeot and leaving after it evolves to lead the others.
- The fact that Misty doesn't even have a Pokeball for it... although it would be cool for Togetic to walk around with them, I don't see it happening. And it would be very akward for Misty to put her beloved Pokemon in a Pokeball, so, knowing the writers, they'll eliminate that problem by eliminating Togetic.

Why it won't
- After showing the Togepi evolve, the very end of the clip shows them place a sleeping Togepi on a platform... this is not Misty's Togepi, seeing as how it doesn't have a bandage on it's head. I'm thinking that maybe this Togepi is the true lead of the kingdom, and not Misty's Togepi/Togetic, which gives it no reason to leave, unless it wants to protect the true king, seeing as how it's more powerful then the rest.
- The name of the place: The Illusion/Mirage Kingdom. Both Illusions and Mirages are something that you think you see, but isn' really there. In that case, this whole ordeal never happened (except Togepi evolving) but was a trick on their eyes.

Honestly, the odds don't look too good for Togetic staying, but I'm still hoping. Togetic is now my favorite Pokemon of Misty's, and it would make an awesome member of her team, not to mention evolving her favorite Pokemon was a great way to bring Misty back. Let's just cross our fingers.

On a side note, did you guys see the look on Misty's face when she was using Gyarados? She likes that power.

2ra
27th September 2003, 08:42 AM
Also, sorry to go off topic, but as for the Skitty and Armatherapy episode, I believe they will reach Fallarbor and May catches Skitty, and starts a contest against Shuu's Roselia. It's possible :P

Hanada Tattsu
27th September 2003, 05:29 PM
Thanks for letting me know! LOL, I'll make sure to change it now, thank you, RJ!

Hmm, 2ra, could be, but I doubt she'd catch it in Fallarbor, maybe on the outskirts, but not in.

Black Skull Dragon
27th September 2003, 10:33 PM
FINALLY! The little egg evolves. Well now he wont be so annoying, and now he can stay in the group and be a bad@$$ fighter kinda guy!

Hanada Tattsu
28th September 2003, 10:40 AM
If he's used. Hopefully Misty will keep him out of its Pokeball, and maybe just let it be outside. Hopefully, because I would hate for her to evolve it and never use it.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
29th September 2003, 04:14 AM
Here's my translation for the preview of this week's eppie (http://www.edu.haapavesi.fi/~mitanska/10gatsu2nichi.jpg):

Towards The Mirage! Togepii's Paradise!

After dropping in a trap made by Hanzoo, who attempts to become the next king of the mirage kingdom, Satoshi and friends arrive in the palace. They receive help from the princess Seera and try to leave the country with Togepii. However, the party is attacked by Hanzoo's Nukenin and Tekkanin and Togepii is stolen.

Hanzoo, who has become the king of the whole country, heads for Togepii's Paradise, which was before the Mirage, and sets free a dangerous power sealed...

Nukenin=Shedinja
Tekkanin=Ninjask

Nikku-San
29th September 2003, 09:29 AM
*blinks* Leave the country? As in leave Hoenn? The bad guy becomes the king of Hoenn? That's pretty bad@$$. Making me like the villain a bit more. And that girl in the preview is the princess? Seera? Like Sarah, I guess? Couldn't be Sierra/Ciera because that would be Sieera or something, right? And from that, it sounds like they are talking about Misty's Togepi...

Light_Togetic
29th September 2003, 12:37 PM
I wish Togetic would stay (for, well, obvious reasons)! It probably won't; but since Hoenn has been rather surprising as a season, who really knows! It would be cool to actually see it *gasp* battle. And I think that Gyarados is a really nice pokemon for Misty. Perhaps it will help bring out the fiestiness in her. ^^

Animelee
29th September 2003, 03:22 PM
Her maids sounded like they were saying "Sara". Sara's maid was named "Miranda". Even in Zak's name thread, you can tell that the writers throw in a lot of English names for the characters.

I really think that the writers of Pokemon know English, because, like, every, and I am serious here, TWO MINUTES, a character is always saying something in English. Like, when Brawly throws his Pokeball, he says "Take off!" and when May throws a Pokeball, she says "Stage on!" Then, you have characters saying "Hold on!" or "speed up!" when something's happening. I'm serious, it's so easy to understand Pokemon in Japanese, even if you don't know any Japanese at all. Not only is the show so basic that even little children can understand it, but even little children who don't know Japanese can understand 90% of it, just by their actions, or the random English words thrown in. An example of this is my younger brother, who watches as much Japanese Pokemon as I do, and sometimes understands more than I do.

Well, enough glorifying Pokemon and getting WAYYY off topic.

P.S. I think the staff at GAME FREAK know English, too, since a lot of the items, cities, and even Pokemon names can easily be Romanized into an English word. For example, Shower, Thunder, Sand, Mareep, Porygon, Heracross, Butterfree, Lizardon, Rozelia, Buupig, Shadow Ball, Phenice City, etc.

Nikku-San
29th September 2003, 07:47 PM
Wow, Animelee, I had no clue the Japanese version was that easy to understand... Too bad I can't watch episodes on my current computer... But my bro and me have been getting along well lately, maybe if I can download some, he'll let me burn them to CD and watch them on his. ^^

Hanada Tattsu
29th September 2003, 10:50 PM
Thanks for that translation, Mikachu, but that's wierd. I don't think Hoenn has a king, it seems more of the democratic country with a president. I think what they meant was that Hanzhou was going to be the king of the Mirage Kingdom, and by leaving the country, they would leave the Mirage Kingdom.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
29th September 2003, 11:59 PM
I bet they mean just leaving the Mirage Kingdom, not the entire Hooen. They use the character for the word kuni (or koku by on-spelling) in this point of the prewiew for the sake of cohesion. Just like 'Mirage Kingdom' is Miraazu OoKOKU.

Hanada Tattsu
30th September 2003, 12:14 AM
Yeah, I agree with Mikachu. In fact, I still am going by what I said before, that this whole "Mirage Kingdom" is what it is called, a mirage. I don't think it really exists, I mean, Misty returning and Togepi evolving do, but the sub-plots don't, they are just mirages.

Animelee
30th September 2003, 01:48 PM
You guys have heard of Mirage Island, right? It's a place in RS you can only access if you have a Pokemon with the right IV's. Luckily my Teddiursa had the right IV's, and I set off for the island. You can only catch Wynaut there, and that's probably the only place where you can get the rare Leichi Berry. In AG44, the characters actually said "Mirajji", so, maybe they're on Mirage Island at the moment?

Hanada Tattsu
3rd October 2003, 08:51 PM
Maybe, but I doubt that they meant Mirage Island, as it was in the middle of the ocean, here, to my knowledge, they are in the middle of the desert.

Light_Togetic
6th October 2003, 12:06 PM
Okay, I have cried, punched pillows, and cried some more to get over the fact that Misty left, (okay not really, but I wanted to!) and realized that this episode is actually a really awesome one. It actually has a deep storyline, and the fact that a single plot goes over a span of two episodes makes me think back to Kanto. *remembers how cool the SS Anne episodes were* Ahh.... Anyway, I'm glad to see plot and character driven episodes make a comeback. ^^

Hanada Tattsu
6th October 2003, 11:54 PM
I understand, Light_Togetic, I was just as angry as you were, if not angrier. I was much angrier, on point of fact. This has really made me so angry. :( And sad.