PDA

View Full Version : Can't Beat the Heat!

Totodilemew
27th September 2003, 09:22 AM
The episode is almost over. Discuss your thoughts. So far, so good.

Entropy
27th September 2003, 09:25 AM
I missed like 3/4 of the episode. Who won, anyway?

DannyBoy
27th September 2003, 09:33 AM
That was a great finish to the match! CHarizard and Snorlax took the match! I can't wait for Ash to go agasint Harrison. Ash won Entropy. I give this a 10/10!

BlueKecleon
27th September 2003, 09:34 AM
Ash did, not a bad episode. I liked the way that Dragon Rage looked.

After the epi, they showed a commercial for Pokemon Advanced. According to the commercial, it starts on Nov. 1.

Totodilemew
27th September 2003, 09:34 AM
Ash beat Gary. So we finally got to see Magnitude...This episode was great. I would give it a 9/10.

Minazukii
27th September 2003, 09:40 AM
9/10

Great episode! I knew Ash just had to win! I really like how Gary took losing he was pretty mature about it. I can't wait to see Ash vs. Harrison!!

(Pokemon Advanced looks like it is gonna be awesome!)

JoeMan800
27th September 2003, 09:41 AM
I liked the episode too! Ash's Snorlax was a marathon battler,he was in three battles in a row lol. And suprised to see it didn't fall asleep throughout the battle. And for once Ash used all his pokemon he didn't use for a long time cept for Bayleef. And they were all pokemon that couldn't evolve or final staged pokemon. The battle rocked.

The Seismic Toss animation sorta sucked though.

GoldenDragonite
27th September 2003, 09:53 AM
Usually Seismic Toss looks soooo cool... it looked really.... weak this time. The earth looked way to crappy for my liking. Otherwise it was a cool episode.. not the best one so far though.

7/10

Fire_Convoy
27th September 2003, 11:18 AM
LOVED the episode! Excellent battle! Two minor problems:

1. Ash used Muk against Gary's Scizor, but Steel-types are immune to Poison. Wouldn't Charizard have been better to start off against Scizor, and then use Muk to wear down Golem?

2. In the end, the announcer said Harrison was from Silver Town- but he got Blaziken as a Torchic from Professor Birch. Shouldn't it be Littleroot town?

DarkMarowak
27th September 2003, 11:58 AM
Perhapes he lives in Silver Town, but went to Littleroot to pick up a starter... or maybe it was just another famous dub error. :P

Like most of the other Silver Confrence episodes, another great one! ^_^

The major reason Bayleaf, Muk and Tauros didn't win any battles was vastly becuase the writers wanted Charizard to get his spot in the limelight. In the last two battles, Bulbasaur and Squirtle both got their moments by defeating the opponent's starter Pokemon (or tie with in Bulbasaur's case), and a powerful electric type. Charizard kicked a lot of butt despite all the type disadvantages and it great to finally see Ash beat Gary.

Can't wait to see next week's episode, when Ash fights Harrison.

Mikey
27th September 2003, 12:01 PM
I liked this episode a lot, but I did notice some problems

1. The Silver Town thing, Harrison is from Little Root Town
2. Snorlax has a deeper voice
3. Arcanine's voice was different
4. Muk had a deeper voice
5. Kecleon's voice was totally changed

All in all a 9/10. Great battle, fun to watch!

Bacl
27th September 2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Fire_Convoy
1. Ash used Muk against Gary's Scizor, but Steel-types are immune to Poison. Wouldn't Charizard have been better to start off against Scizor, and then use Muk to wear down Golem?

Yeah I thought that too. But remember that a single Magnitude or Earthquake from Golem would probobly K.O. Muk. In the anime there are no absolutes. Ash beat Onix with Pikachu, so maybe a posion type can at least get a few punches in against a steel. I dunno. On to the episode at hand.

Very good, and I loved seeing all the Pokemon Ash usually keeps at the lab, especially MUK! This is the very first time we've seen Sludge Bomb (in America anyway) and i thought it looked pretty cool.

That announcer was sure surprised Ash chose Muk against Blastoise, and even said "What possible move could a Muk use against Blastoise?" What a dork! Posion has no type disadvantage against water, and in addition to Sludge Bomb, and Bodly Slam, a trainer can train their Muk to learn Hyper Beam and Thunder! Someone needs to fire that guy.

Here's a boo-boo that the dubbers are NOT (yea, you heard me. NOT) responcible for: Magnitude would not have any effect at all on Charizard! See those wings? Flying. Ground can't touch him.

A++++++ episode.

P.S.

They were a little liberal with that rapid spin, weren't they? I really doubt rapid spin could deflect Razor Leaf, Sludge Bomb, Flamethrower, and all the other moves it was used against. but still, great ep.

Crystal Mew
27th September 2003, 01:28 PM
I liked this episode ^_^

I never read the guides to the silver conference, so I had no idea who was going to win, it was exciting! lol

first I was like ';_; Ash is going to lose..NO! :(' then I was all happy when he won :> I'm gald he finally beat Gary :o

10/10 :D

Nikku-San
27th September 2003, 04:40 PM
NOOOOO! *cries* I MISSED IT! I woke up at 2 something. >.< I really hope they replay it this Friday, along with the AG commercial or my Silver Convention DVD is going to be really messed up.

Hanada Tattsu
27th September 2003, 05:20 PM
This was an excellent episode. Ash finally fulfilled his dream, he defeated Gary Oak and he fully gained Charizard's trust. Blastoise was good, but the Seismic Toss sucked. I'm glad Muk was used. Gary and Ash are finally friends, I actually never saw this coming.

And the Silver Town is a mistake, Harrison is from Littleroot Town.

9/10 for the dubbing errors.

Nikku-San
27th September 2003, 06:00 PM
Hey, just wanted to let everyone know, in case you missed the new eppie or didn't get to record it, they are replaying it this Friday at it's normal time, 4 PM,

Too Cool Scyther
27th September 2003, 09:05 PM
Good battle episode, but a tad disappointed.

You know Ash is going to win automatically if he did not select Pikachu in battle! I mean, what kind of trainer won't use their strongest Pokémon in battle? That was one clue that instantly made me notice that Ash will win.

Another thing I disliked was the fact that he used his BENCH Pokemon against someone, a huge rival of Ash's... in his most important match ever.

Sure, I'd love to see Muk, Tauros, Snorlax, and Heracross... but not in a huge battle like that. I want to see Pokemon that Ash have that's more experienced like Cyndaquil, Pikachu, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle.

But I guess the anime guys decided that since Gary had all final evolutions, it would only be fair if Ash used his "final evolutions" too.

But still, I love these kinds of battle because you hardly get to see it with all the fillers.

Good episode! The dubbers were a little off... but it's alright.

But as for you people saying things about Pokémon voices, keep in mind... they all differ from each Pokemon!

9.5/10

Hanada Tattsu
28th September 2003, 10:23 AM
Thanks, Nick, and just to let y'all know, every new episode aired on Saturdays will be replayed the next Friday at 4 PM without fail. That's what WB has been doing lately, like they used to.

Cosmos
29th September 2003, 05:37 PM
I loved this episode. I give it 10/10

Yay! Ash is battling Harrison next week! *gets bucket for drool*

AKA Pokemon Fan
29th September 2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Bacl
Here's a boo-boo that the dubbers are NOT (yea, you heard me. NOT) responcible for: Magnitude would not have any effect at all on Charizard! See those wings? Flying. Ground can't touch him.
Well actually I find it a lot more realistic that a Flying type can be harmed by Ground if it is ON the ground like Charizard was. In the game on the other hand a Charizard can use Dig and still not get hit by Earthquake.

It was a great episide but I really wish they had done the animation better. This was the Ash vs. Gary match and should have gotten the best the animators could offer like the battle against Jackson did. The pokemon moved very little when attacking and the only attack that looked really good was Dragon Rage (I love its new look, a big surging orb of energy). Scizor in particular looked awful compared to its debut and movie appearances.

However the music ROCKED. I just loved the choreography of what was playing with what was being shown as Charizard stood in front of the fallen Blastoise as it struggled to stand, then fell with a crash to the ground.

Hanada Tattsu
29th September 2003, 10:34 PM
I agree. A flying type, if on the ground, should be affected. In the game, it wouldn't, but unless Charizard was using Fly, I see no reason why it wouldn't be affected.

Too Cool Scyther
29th September 2003, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by AKA Pokemon Fan
However the music ROCKED. I just loved the choreography of what was playing with what was being shown as Charizard stood in front of the fallen Blastoise as it struggled to stand, then fell with a crash to the ground.

The music was indeed good, but I got really pissed off when Charizard brought Blastoise up for a Seismic Toss I believe... and they played Ash's winning theme.

What a way to spoil the outcome. The should of kept the regular battle music going. So that after Blastoise and Charizard crashed down and were staring each other down... you wouldn't know who is going to faint.

But instead they kept playing the winning music of Ash so you know that Blastoise would fall for sure.

Hanada Tattsu
30th September 2003, 12:12 AM
I actually wish that the whole scene would just be silent. So, Charizard would start his Seismic Toss on Blastoise, the whole scene would be silent, and the winning music would start playing only when Ash's Charizard defeated Gary's Blastoise.

Lady Dragonrider
3rd October 2003, 09:17 PM
You mean like everything muted, or just no background music. Because I think that might be slightly akward, but I like scenes that are muted. It would have been cool if everyone watched in suspence and then Blastoise fell to the ground in slow motion, but I have no say in the matter...

Nikku-San
3rd October 2003, 11:29 PM
*moans* I got in a huge fight with my dad and missed it. God, I hate my life.... *goes off to die somewhere*

Hanada Tattsu
3rd October 2003, 11:50 PM
Well, sometimes in the Japanese version, there is just this awkward silence. In this, I mean, there is no music, just the characters speaking, wether it be the Pokemon or the humans. In the dub, there is hardly any if at all scenes with no music or very little.