PDA

View Full Version : Rate my 386 team (you know you want to)

Caz129
27th September 2003, 02:38 PM
Hello friends. I recently restarted my Sapphire version, and decided to use my AR to get some interesting yet powerful old pokemon from old versions. If you are against my ARing theory, please don't rate my team.

Blaziken@Kings Rock
*Blaze*
Flame Thrower
Sky Uppercut
EQ
Ariel Ace

My first slot pokemon. I use him to damage just about anybody, possibly drawing retreats from common spikers/toxicers/burners. I don't really want to breed on Rock Slide.

Slowbro@Chesto
*Own Tempo*
Curse
Calm Mind
Rest/Icebeam
Icebeam/EQ

I thought of this moveset a while ago, Both Curse and Calm Mind to raise the defenses mostly, Rest off the damage and Icebeam away. My other option is to use Curse and Calm Mind, not Rest, and have both EQ and Icebeam at my disposal... Am I crazy to have this moveset? Give me your opinions.

Dragonite@Shell Bell
*Forgot his Ability*
Dragon Claw
Surf
Thunderbolt
Flamethrower

Special Sweeper, not much else to say.

Metagross@Shell bell
*Clear Body*
EQ
Meteor Mash
Brick Break
Lightscreen

Lightscreener and Physical sweeper, again, not much else to say.

Gardevoir@¿Help?
*Trace*
Calm Mind
Thunderbolt
Psychic
¿Imprison?

I figured that if I use imprison, that stops many Alakazams, other Gardevoirs, and slows Regice, right? Just started with this guy, not much experience with good movesets for him.

Articuno@Chesto
*Pressure*
Icebeam
Fly
Double Team
Rest

Here it comes... everyone is going to blast me for using a "LEGENDARY BIRD!!! OMG!!!" I say, big deal! A good thuder, mabye even a STAB thunderbolt can take this guy out. He's not that good. Anyway, not sure what I could put over Double Team. Help would be appreciated.

Well, thats my team. All rates are welcome, but don't bash my horrible moveset making skills too hard:rolleyes:

titandude21
27th September 2003, 04:07 PM
Blaziken: Flamethrower, Bulk Up, Rock Slide/Endure, Brick Break/Reversal @ Salac Berry

Slowbro: Surf, Ice Beam/Psychic, Calm Mind, Rest/Ice Beam/Psychic @ Lefties/Chesto

Metagross: Meteor Mash, Earthquake, Shadow Ball/HP Rock, Agility @ Liechi Berry

Dragonite: ability is inner focus (prevents flinching)... lefties over shell bell. ice beam is an option over surf. the other option is a physical sweeper: dragon dance, earthquake, brick break, hp flying

Gardevoir: Will-o-Wisp/Protect/Confuse Ray/Destiny Bond (make sure it's max speed timid if you use DB) in the last slot. leftovers/petaya berry work

Articuno: Ice Beam, Reflect, Rest, HP fire/fighting/ground @ Leftovers

Caz129
28th September 2003, 10:42 AM
Titandude, what did you think about having both Curse and Calm Mind to raise defenses to max? Will it work the way I want it to?

titandude21
28th September 2003, 12:32 PM
it won't work on slowbro since it has no speed and 5 weaknesses. it won't have enough time to set up. it has a high def. anyway, and raising its attack is worthless. no thunder wave doesn't help either.

Kyl3
28th September 2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Caz129
Hello friends. I recently restarted my Sapphire version, and decided to use my AR to get some interesting yet powerful old pokemon from old versions. If you are against my ARing theory, please don't rate my team.

Blaziken@Kings Rock
*Blaze*
Flame Thrower
Sky Uppercut
EQ
Ariel Ace

My first slot pokemon. I use him to damage just about anybody, possibly drawing retreats from common spikers/toxicers/burners. I don't really want to breed on Rock Slide.

Bluk up over AA

Slowbro@Chesto
*Own Tempo*
Curse
Calm Mind
Rest/Icebeam
Icebeam/EQ

I thought of this moveset a while ago, Both Curse and Calm Mind to raise the defenses mostly, Rest off the damage and Icebeam away. My other option is to use Curse and Calm Mind, not Rest, and have both EQ and Icebeam at my disposal... Am I crazy to have this moveset? Give me your opinions.

Works

Dragonite@Shell Bell
*Forgot his Ability*
Dragon Claw
Surf
Thunderbolt
Flamethrower

Special Sweeper, not much else to say.

Your right

Metagross@Shell bell
*Clear Body*
EQ
Meteor Mash
Brick Break
Lightscreen

Lightscreener and Physical sweeper, again, not much else to say.

Right again

Gardevoir@¿Help?
*Trace*
Calm Mind
Thunderbolt
Psychic
¿Imprison?

Bah

CM/Psychic/Protect/Wish @ Payeta Berry

I figured that if I use imprison, that stops many Alakazams, other Gardevoirs, and slows Regice, right? Just started with this guy, not much experience with good movesets for him.

Articuno@Chesto
*Pressure*
Icebeam
Fly
Double Team
Rest

Umm in game... so lest be cheap

Rest/Mind Reader/Sheer Cold/Ice Baem

Here it comes... everyone is going to blast me for using a "LEGENDARY BIRD!!! OMG!!!" I say, big deal! A good thuder, mabye even a STAB thunderbolt can take this guy out. He's not that good. Anyway, not sure what I could put over Double Team. Help would be appreciated.

Well, thats my team. All rates are welcome, but don't bash my horrible moveset making skills too hard:rolleyes:

Tallest_Los
28th September 2003, 08:28 PM
*Does the Fly is bad dance*

Caz129
30th September 2003, 03:28 PM
I realize... but I wasn't sure if he learned any other flying attacks, plus I'm not great at movesets.