PDA

View Full Version : Today's Anime Toys

Yu-Gi-Oh
1st December 2002, 05:24 PM
Have you noticed today's anime toys. It's not like I buy them, but they are poor quality and lack the facts. In one DBZ toy, Gohan needs this flying bike thing never mentioned to fly and defeat the 'Evil Androids' who are in this things that looks like Emporer Pilaf uses in Dragonball. In another one, the evil Yakon (killed by Goku during a single episode) is going to take over the world, and Saiyaman Gohan (doesn't exist by the time Yakon appears) has to stop him. And Yamucha (doesn't fight anymore) is going to help. One last one I just saw, the Super Saiyab Three Goku who looks like he got his face stetched and pulled back is the ultimate warrior. The this kid with edittied and drawn long Super Saiyan Three hair reaches into the sky and gets a glow around him. This is very pathetic today, tell me about the other Animes, I need a laugh. Does anyone else agree with me?

DarkTemplarZero
1st December 2002, 06:38 PM
I couldn't agree more, the anime commercials make me sick. Especially the DBZ ones, they're horrible. The ones with the balloon blast things... disgusting

youdontknowme
1st December 2002, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by DarkTemplarZero
I couldn't agree more, the anime commercials make me sick. Especially the DBZ ones, they're horrible. The ones with the balloon blast things... disgusting lol. The dbz toys are cheap and poor. America and its toys. tsk, tsk, tsk.

RedStarWarrior
1st December 2002, 09:46 PM
The toy companies make toys based on what licenses they can get. They are only trying to make money and aren't informed of the actual storylines of DBZ so they make up stupid sh*t to try to sell their crap.

kalad1
2nd December 2002, 04:10 PM
On an interesting side note, you know G gundam? you know how it has some ridiculous looking gundams? that is the result of the toy companies. they kept pushing the creator of the show to give them the designs for the gundams so he decided just how far they would go with making the toys.

Shadow-Fox
3rd December 2002, 03:35 PM
How adorable! Little crappy toys! *singing* I'm proud to be an American!

These things are probably cheaper than the Mickey Dee's toys.

Anyway, I really hate the new Yu-Gi-Oh! action figures. They looks stupid and cost a lot. I saw the cheapest-looking Blue Eyes White Dragon action figure with a lump of blue plastic that's supposed to be the White Lightning attack. Looked more like a icicle to me, but then again...

Guess what else the thing came with? A one-inch high Yami Yugi piece of cardboard, for target practice. A little purple, black, and red blur. And this so-called "Blue Eyes" didn't even look like a Blue Eyes. I didn't bother checking the price of it.

Of course, one of my most "favorite" Animè toys has to be a Dragon Ball Z Saiyajin with morphing action. You know the ones I'm talking about. Not the ones with light-up hair. The ones where you pull the elastic over it to make your figurines Saiyajins and gain an extra few pounds. I laughed when I saw the commercial for this one. Too darn cheesy! :D

DarkTemplarZero
4th December 2002, 07:32 PM
dude I've made better lego toys when I was 5, lol.

I remember that Yu-Gi-Oh! toys commercial where they had Dark Clown Master Sagi attack the Black Magician o.O

RedStarWarrior
4th December 2002, 07:50 PM
You have to admit that the Yu-Gi-Oh! toys do look more like the animé than the DBZ ones, though.

Yu-Gi-Oh
4th December 2002, 08:34 PM
Yes, I've seen them as well. I mean, at least for Yu-Gi-Oh they haf the information on card playing and the BEWD. Compared to DBZ where they just think their body and hair glows and that dead people are going to take over the world.

AKA Pokemon Fan
4th December 2002, 08:57 PM
*sigh* Its too bad not all anime toys can be as good as some of the Digimon and Evangelion figures, i.e close to the real thing's appearance, very detailed, and very poseable. I really wish they'd make some Pokemon figures like that. I'd pay a lot for a really poseable Scizor or Charizard.

Brock_ag
8th December 2002, 07:34 PM
Yep, just horrible and they pratically stopped selling pokemon toys around many places.:(