PDA

View Full Version : [RBY] the cooltrainer ditto glitch

Kari and Mewtwo
28th September 2003, 11:18 PM
how exactly is it done? i tried pulling it off, but sometimes transformed stayed there on the moveset. and once i was able to pull it off, but i tried to restore the pp and nothing happened

Mai
29th September 2003, 05:44 AM
Let's see...

Take a Ditto and put it at the head of your team, then go to the patch of grass on Rt. 24 (across the water from the Nugget Bridge). Wander around until you find a Pidgey, and have your Ditto use Transform. Once transformed, hit "Attack," then look at your moveset. The only attacks your Ditto should know at the moment should be Gust, Sand Attack, and one other (which I can't remember at the moment -- it's not important anyways). Now, switch Gust and Sand Attack.

Now that the part necessary to change moves is complete, defeat Pidgey. (That's right. Don't run away; defeat it. You can either have Ditto do it or switch and use another member of your team. Both work; it doesn't matter which you use.)

After the battle, feed as many Elixirs, Max Elixirs, Ethers, and Max Ethers (Yes, all four.) as you can to your Ditto (specifically, to the first move in its moveset, which should be blank) before it says that you've maxed it out.

And that should be it. You've now got a Ditto with a quirky new move. ^_^

ace
1st October 2003, 02:38 PM
Howm can the first move be blank? I suppose i'll try it and find out.....

Mai
1st October 2003, 09:01 PM
Blank as in no name or type, but it's still there. (If you did it right, there should be either one or three moves, with the top one with 0/19 PP.)

pokemasterfrank
1st October 2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Mai
Blank as in no name or type, but it's still there. (If you did it right, there should be either one or three moves, with the top one with 0/19 PP.)

Actually, its type "Cooltrainer<insert whichever gender symbol it was in here>"

Mai
2nd October 2003, 03:23 PM
True, but I think that's after you feed PP Ups (Sorry. I forgot to mention that you had to do that first.), Elixirs, etc. to your Ditto. I think before you do so, it doesn't even have that.

(Come to think of it, I think I might have been wrong earlier. The blank move might not have 0/19 PP; it might have 0/0 PP. I can't remember; I'll have to do it again to see.)

pokemasterfrank
2nd October 2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Mai
True, but I think that's after you feed PP Ups (Sorry. I forgot to mention that you had to do that first.), Elixirs, etc. to your Ditto. I think before you do so, it doesn't even have that.

(Come to think of it, I think I might have been wrong earlier. The blank move might not have 0/19 PP; it might have 0/0 PP. I can't remember; I'll have to do it again to see.)

I believe it was 0/13 (creepy...13...lol) and you can't raise replenish the PP with anything, if I remember correctly...

Mai
2nd October 2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by pokemasterfrank
raise replenish the PP with anything

Um... Raise replenish...? ._.;

Anywho, it could be thirteen first, then nineteen later. I can't remember meself, but I know that the sequence of item usage goes like this:

-As many PP Ups as you can.
-As many PP restoration items as you can.

Then it should be usable. ^_^