PDA

View Full Version : 2 quick questions

Misdreavus
29th September 2003, 08:05 PM
1. Are Slowking and Sneasel banned in unlimited tournament play?

2. Does anyone have a link to WOTC's article on offical team battle rules? I saw it on their site a long time ago but I can't seem to find it now... if no one has a link, does anyone know the standard team battle tourney rules? It is my understanding that:

you and your opponent CAN NOT show each other your hands until one of your opponents is out of the game
you and your partner may converse about your moves or say what you have in your hand, but you must do it out in the open where the other team can hear you... no whispering or anything
hand signals and verbal "codes" are allowed between you and your partner (ex: referring to a Blastoise as "B" as a secret talk that your opponents cannot figure out)
you can use trainers on your partner, but if you do, they can only work for your partner (you both can't use the same Oak)
you can use Pokemon Powers on your partner
if a Pokemon Power that you use involves a card from a discard pile or deck, it must come from your deck or discard, even if it is used on your partner (ex: Gardevior's Psy Shadow, Blaziken's Firestarter, etc.)
you each place 3 prizes and a team must collect all 6 of their prizes or eliminate both opponents in order to win
once you or your partner has been eliminated, the player that is still in the game must then take a number of cards from the top of their deck equal to the number of prizes that the other player had remaining before they were eliminated and add those cards to their prize cards. you must then collect all of those cards to win.

Are all these correct? Anything else?

Roarkiller
29th September 2003, 08:44 PM
Its called unlimited for a reason. No, theyre not banned, otherwise i'll have to dismantle my deck already.

you can use trainers on your partner, but if you do, they can only work for your partner (you both can't use the same Oak)

Correction, you can use CERTAIN trainers on ur partner. Not all trainers r exchangeable.

At least, i dont think so, from what i know.

SWAMPERT1
3rd October 2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Misdreavus
1. Are Slowking and Sneasel banned in unlimited tournament play?

why would they be banned

Kari and Mewtwo
3rd October 2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by SWAMPERT1
why would they be banned

Slowking: countered by Muk, igglybuff, pichu, and a few others
Sneasel: hard to counter, but CAN be countered by Erika's Dratini, Ditto, and of course Sneasel itself.

Roarkiller
4th October 2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Kari & Mewtwo
Sneasel: hard to counter, but CAN be countered by Erika's Dratini, Ditto, and of course Sneasel itself.

Actually, sneasel is very easy to counter. Its biggest enemy r removals, and its already so rampant its not even incredible anymore.

I should know, ive been playing with the guy for yrs.

Oh, and Kari, u will make the screen scroll for those using 800x600 with that sig of urs. Change it.

Kari and Mewtwo
5th October 2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Roarkiller

Oh, and Kari, u will make the screen scroll for those using 800x600 with that sig of urs. Change it.

sorry bout that.. i'll fix it.