PDA

View Full Version : Seviper OR Arbok (Poll)

angel_snake_creation
30th September 2003, 05:52 AM
Hi! I'm just interested as to what the favourite snake is of Pokemasters Forums. That is, considering movepools, and stats.

Seviper Vs Arbok. DEATHMATCH!

Crazy
30th September 2003, 06:09 AM
SEVIPER YOU FOOL!!!

[McGraw]
30th September 2003, 09:45 AM
Seviper has a 458 base stat total compared to Arbok's 438. However, Arbok has higher speed, which really counts in battle. Arbok has intimidate and is better defensively, but Seviper learns flamethrower which actually does OK off that special attack. However, neither can fire blast and it is wishful thinking to hope that they would survive much longer than 2 turns.

I'll vote for Seviper, its accessibility to a fire attack swayed me.

Freak of Nature
30th September 2003, 11:41 AM
Don't listen to Graw... he hax! Arbok is sexier!
*runs off*

Solarock
30th September 2003, 11:59 AM
Arbok Kicks Seviper.Arbok Can EAT Seviper.Zangoose Can EAT Seviper.Swalot Can EAT Seviper.The Great Magikarp Can EAT Seviper.So My Vote Goes To The Snake :p
[Called Arbok]

TeleFox
30th September 2003, 04:22 PM
I'm voting for Seviper - mostly because of the better movepool. As well as FlameThrower, Seviper also learns Poison Fang which is a pretty cool move IMO, and I can breed it onto my Mightyena ^_~ (Watch this space: Once I stop playing nothing but FFTA I'll probably posted my new team).

AndyPants
30th September 2003, 06:26 PM
i prefer Seviper. It's just cooler

Gligar_Man
30th September 2003, 07:36 PM
arbok, i tend to enjoy for luring skarmories, :\ (quake/bomb)

intimidate is nice, sevipers probly better, but i prefer arbok

titandude21
30th September 2003, 08:07 PM
seviper > arbok IMO. they're almost parallel in moves learned (Sludge Bomb, EQ, Glare, Screech...) but seviper gets Flamethrower, and that's what makes it more useful.

Shuppet Master
1st October 2003, 10:39 AM
I do like both snakes,but Arbok has been my favorite since one of the characters in the anime uses it and it looks so EVIL. Seviper is a bit better for competitive battling,tho',because it can use fire attacks to destroy any steel types. :)

Dark Dragonite
1st October 2003, 02:21 PM
I favor Arbok, I'm a fan of of the moves:
Stock Pile
Swallow
Spit Up

angel_snake_creation
1st October 2003, 06:12 PM
Whoa?! Thanks Oz Andrew. ;)
It gives more oomph to my thread. :D
I have Seviper for important battles, but I prefer Arbok.
It looks more insane than Seviper, and scares battlers a heap more when I had it in GSC. :D

soggy_cardboard
1st October 2003, 06:22 PM
arbok is the orignial, seviper is just a cheap copy =P

DarkMarowak
2nd October 2003, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by soggy_cardboard
arbok is the orignial, seviper is just a cheap copy =P

Tell it like it is Soggster.

I perfer Arbok over Seviper. Sure Seviper's attack stats are higher, but that's all he beats Arbok in. Arbok has a better defense, speed and he has Intimidate to further his defenses. In an even match between the two, Arbok would easily win.

Agent Elrond
2nd October 2003, 02:53 PM
Ah, but have you seen Seviper's shiny vresion? Sure, green Arboks are cool, but Seviper, oooh, nice.

But on a more practical level, stats aren't everything, you should know that soggy, and I like Seviper as a Steel/Ground/Psychic lure. (Flamethrower, Giga Drain :P and Crunch.)

Also, you can get Seviper in r/s with out cheating. But now that the remakes are coming out we'll prolly be seeing a whole bunch of Arboks around.

Meh, also in 200 version Seviper is a bit of a UU, and I'm always attracted to those...

*runs*

Dark Sage
3rd October 2003, 09:43 PM
Hmmm... I like Arbok, but Seviper is cool too...

Tell me, what is Arbok's Ability? Seviper's is Shed Skin, which is darn useful.

- Venusaur

Andrew
3rd October 2003, 10:25 PM
As already mentioned a few times, Intimidate (Lowers Foe's Attack by 1 Stage)

I quite like Arbok over Seviper.

Dark Sage
3rd October 2003, 11:13 PM
Is there any website that lists the new movesets and Abilities for the unobtainables (because you know that is how they are going to be in Fire Red and Leaf Green - I mean, duh)

- Venusaur

Shuppet Master
4th October 2003, 06:17 AM
Pokemon Forever used to,but when Meowth346 changed his site,he dropped the list and stuck with obtainables. However,he has a list of all the egg moves that unobtainables can be bred with.

Tallest_Los
4th October 2003, 10:21 AM
I've never really thought about this before...I guess I like them both equally for different reasons.