Myth
30th September 2003, 10:16 AM
Slowbro
FireBlast
Surf
ThunderWave
Dynamicpunch
~Leftovers

Forgot wads f-b bro called..Anyways, die forry. Takes on blisseys and can wave!!! This team is mostly centered around par..anyhow, it gives me a nice advantage even with all the restbelling. I may need psychic for other waters though.. Houndoom may be a problem though.

Dragonite
ThunderWave
IceBeam
WingAttack
LightScreen
~Leftovers

Supportonite. Sec. paralyser/freeze. Wing/Beam is an ok combo, which is pretty weak though.

Pikachu
Thunder
Surf
Rest
SleepTalk
~LightBall

Unsure if it works. Dun even know if its legal ;_;..

Rhydon
Earthquake
RockSlide
Roar
Curse
~Leftovers

With paralysis, and good switching, he can be god.

Blissey
Softboiled
HealBell
IceBeam
Sing
~Leftovers

Meh.

Machamp
HP Ghost
CrossChop
Meditate
Rest
~MintBerry

I dun like missy.

Green_Pikachu
30th September 2003, 04:15 PM
i dont know if that pikachu is legal either, but it won't survive rest. even with sleep talk. it's not worth it. just try and par everything, and bring him in, and pray you get some luck. everything else is really good. as usual, watch out for heracross. he kinda kicks your butt. dragonite can only stall him for so long. especially with no rest.

Bob54321
1st October 2003, 04:11 AM
You pikachu is legal. Surf for stadium 1, thunder learnt naturally, rest and sleeptalk everyone (almost) can learn.

Mr.E
3rd October 2003, 12:51 AM
Fun type of team, decent movesets. Looks pretty good to me. Dunno about that crazy Sleep Talking Pikachu though. Pikachu can't take a hit anyway, lucky to even survive two hits. There should be no time for Resting. Oh, and Curse would probably be betetr on Machamp than Meditate. Not like you're going to be needing the Speed or anything, plus you buff your Defense. With Curse-boosting Defense and decent defensive stats overall, I'd say leftovers for Machamp too but it's your call.

GP fails to realize Slowbro can take a Heracross Megahorn, Rhydon can take an EQ and both can dish out fairly good damage themselves. Pikachu is faster and Heracross can't hurt Dragonite or Machamp for extremely large amounts.

Green_Pikachu
3rd October 2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Mystery
Fun type of team, decent movesets. Looks pretty good to me. Dunno about that crazy Sleep Talking Pikachu though. Pikachu can't take a hit anyway, lucky to even survive two hits. There should be no time for Resting. Oh, and Curse would probably be betetr on Machamp than Meditate. Not like you're going to be needing the Speed or anything, plus you buff your Defense. With Curse-boosting Defense and decent defensive stats overall, I'd say leftovers for Machamp too but it's your call.

GP fails to realize Slowbro can take a Heracross Megahorn, Rhydon can take an EQ and both can dish out fairly good damage themselves. Pikachu is faster and Heracross can't hurt Dragonite or Machamp for extremely large amounts.

mystery fails to realize that all of what he stated is common sense. but what is that slowbro going to do to heracross? Fire blast? Heracross can take a Fire Blast, certainly, and is faster, and gets his second Megahorn in first. Rhydon can't dish THAT much damage to heracross. and if Heracross has Curse uh-oh. Mine is a Sleep Talker. Even with the high defense, Heracross because of his speed, can take rhydon down one on one, assuming neither has counter, because obviously that is an exception to my point. Pikachu...oh no....too bad he doesn't OHKO Heracross with that crazy speed of his. Wait, what's that? Heracross DOES OHKO pikachu? Oh, ok. Dragonite and Machamp, throughout the entirety of the battle, can get some serious damage inflicted added up. Machamp has no leftovers, only minty rest. He might be in some trouble eventually. Especially is spikes are up, about 40% of the time they will be. Dragonite doesn't even have rest, but does have leftovers. Heracross's Megahorn does do substantial damage to Machamp and Dragonite, and by substantial, i mean about 25%-30% after leftovers. That's pretty good, considering they are resistant to it. Have a nice day, Mr.E.

Mr.E
3rd October 2003, 02:38 PM
It does not look like it's an entirely serious team, you can't expect it to be perfect. And yes, thank you for stating the obvious fact a pokemon with 348 Attack and powerful physical attacks such as a super-effective Earthquake and Megahorn can OHKO a pokemon that has less Defense than an Alakazam and the HP of Dugtrio.

They can still put a dent in Heracross, who more than likely not going to be as big of a problem as you state. Considering so many of these guys are "weak" to Heracross they can hold their own fairly well. The crap with Spikes and constant switch-hitting, at least the latter, applies to everybody and not just "oh well dragonite and machamp will keep having tos witch in and eventually die." Happens to all 6 dudes, and both players. It is not an advantage in most cases that can be factored in favor or one person or the other.

And shut up.

Green_Pikachu
3rd October 2003, 02:53 PM
come on mystery, i was hoping for a better come back then, "well....duh...". please. no team is perfect, and this team is as good as any. who is to say it sucks? not me. not you. we're not perfect.

i was simply refuting the fact that you stated all this stuff about how the team is fine against heracross. and i say, you're wrong. yes, everyone is affected by spikes, but sleep talking is a good way to counter that. bellresting is a good way to counter that. does this team have bell rest? no. that might hurt it. am i saying this team is inferior because it doesnt have bellrest? no. cause im sure you would have tried to say that i thought it was inferior. not every team needs bellresting. you can successfully defeat spikes and bellresting if you are good enough. im just stating that in the context of this team, we'll say 6 times out of 10, he'll face a bellresting team with spikes. Disagree? Maybe 5. fine, we'll make it a nice even half. Half of the time he's face a bell resting team with spikes. With a no bell resting team with no defense against spikes. That's a tough matchup. And in this context, with the right pokemon, he may end up switching in and out a lot, and thus, kind of how I was trying to put it, Heracross could come in, and kick butt. Of course, you're next logical point, is that ANYTHING could come in and that point and "kick butt". That is sort of the case, but all I was pointing out is that he has 2 resistances to Heracross on this team, while the other 4 can be handled *QUITE* easily, and the 2 resistances he has, let's just say, aren't the best heracross counters out there.

and no, i won't shut up. :)

edit: meh, forgot about blissey. but there are still no spikes defense! and not all the pokemon have leftovers too, which may hurt.

edit2: im losing my mind too, kthx.

bme
6th October 2003, 03:17 AM
..of course you have to take into account that a Twave is used, and Heracross ends up fully paralyzed 1 or 2 turns, before it can use Rest and Dragonite rips it a new one. But that never does happen, because we all know a Heracross or whatever does have everything go its way..
:wave:

Green_Pikachu
6th October 2003, 09:18 AM
yep, it's a proven fact to work out that way. heracross always gets what he wants.