PDA

View Full Version : Opinions needed for a fanfic idea

Chris 2.1
29th December 2002, 11:44 AM
Hey everybody, It's me, the shiny, varying-coloured Marill. I don't usually ask for help on these sort of matters, but this, for me, is a big leap away from Trainer fics. I don't know what this is; i suppose it is actually a trainer fic :P

Here is the deal: Murray Sinclair is 67 years old. He is the richest man in Goldenrod City, but he has one wish. He wants to catch every catchable Pokemon in the world, but at his age, his idea is a mere dream. So, he decides to send a questionare to 8 kids in Goldenrod, asking personalised questions on their life and the life of their perfect Pokemon. Upon doing so, each kid hands in the sheet and two days later is handed with a specific Pokemon. They are then given supplies of Pokeballs and asked to search the world, catching Pokemon for Murray in order to fulfill his dream. The eight kids each have a specific character (you know, snooty kid, fat kid, cool kid, nerd kid) and each chapter is told from a different point of veiw than the last.

How does it sound? Should i go for it, or is it really something i should consider in a million years?

Ghost
29th December 2002, 11:55 AM
Heh, You should do it! It sounds pretty cool. Maybe you can do that while I wait for Lucky Charms...... I still Remeber Tanya chasing Rikki....... Ewwwwwwww

Chris 2.1
29th December 2002, 11:59 AM
Thanks. I can't promise much LC...maybe i can PM you some of the chapters...it dieded on me x_x;;

anyway, i hope this fic goes Ok; i am combining humour, love, trainerish stuff and evil...? maybe not evil...that never works in my favour.

Maybe if i get some more responses i'll start work on it

Crystalmaster Mike
29th December 2002, 01:26 PM
I'd do it! I mean, you can go many ways from the basic concept, e.g. new kids joining the search, one kid betraying Murray for Team Rocket/Aqua/Magma/Everything-you-want, feelings growing between chars and each of their views on that, encountering of a legendarie by one of them and the others disbelieving...

Just... try it out!

Chris 2.1
30th December 2002, 02:15 PM
thanks Mike. I'll start work on Chapter 01 now!

Gavin Luper
1st January 2003, 12:33 AM
I replied Yeah, I'd go for it ... but what I'm saying to you is go for it yourself! Although the idea is still a little typical (pokemon catching) the overall plot is original and fresh.

Could be interesting ... it sounds a wee bit like a new story I am planning ... it's not the same plot or anything, so don't worry. Just remember that anything you write can be brilliant if you set your mind to it and make it as original as you can.

Good luck with the fic!

dratinihaunter13
1st January 2003, 08:47 PM
glad you've decided to get started on it! multiple POV fics can be loads of fun. you got the writing skills to do a good job with it too. now to go do my favorite thing in the world and clixx0r this poll thingy =D.

egotist
1st January 2003, 11:11 PM
sounds nice. I'd read it.

mistysakura
2nd January 2003, 07:59 AM
Just do whatever you want. No point in dumping an idea before even starting the fic, so go for it, and if you dn't like how it turns out, you can deal with it later.

Chris 2.1
2nd January 2003, 02:29 PM
Ok, i'll edit the last thing i said ebcause it made N.O S.E.N.S.E.

Chapter 01 was originally going to be in 3rd person narrative, but both chapters 01 and 02 are in 3rd person. Each chapter after that is in 1st person, but is told by a diferent trainer.

Thanks for the replies, everybody. Chapter 01 is up, the fic is called >Catching The Action<, and Chapter 02 is up on 13january/03.