PDA

View Full Version : Spiritual Night

Mystic Latios
1st October 2003, 06:02 PM
So what happened to the other fanfic? Well I started to dislike the story, since it just isn't origonal. I wanted to type up an origonal pokemon fanfic story for this forum. I'm aiming for this to be a horror story, since it is October. Plus, This will probably be rated PG-13. Well I hope you'll enjoy this first chapter.

Spiritual Night

-Chapter 1-

The sun was slowly starting to hide itself behind the mountainous peaks to the west of the small river valley covered in a lush rainforest. The gigantic trees were stretching their thick branches towards the last specks of sunlight, before the cold night came upon them to form frost on their oval green leaves. The small roses and daisies that covered the forest floor were slowly closing their petals, preparing for the cold night while trapping some insects that were trying to get a small snack of their sugar sweet honey.

Small, silver glittering stars started to sparkle into the quickly darkening sky. The thick clouds were slowly turning into a small mist in the blood freezing atmosphere, and quickly cleared away for the pokemon to get a good view of the night sky approaching. A small gust of wind blew through the branches as the sleeping Beautifly slowly woke up from their slumber to see the soon coming spectacle.

The large group of Beautifly started twitching their antennas and started flapping their rainbow-colored wings to warm them up for their flight. The Beautifly‘s tube-like mouths started sucking a little honey and pollen from the large apple blossoms on the trees, eating all the food they could get before their big trip. Their wings started glowing like a bright aurora borealis as they slowly lifted off of their resting spots and took flight. The small, scaly black flaps around the edges of their wings lifted up as pollen started flowing out of them and floated along in the wind, looking like glowing fireflies riding the wind currents.

They were slowly flying towards the south while their small insect bodies were climbing higher and higher into the air. They emerged out of the forest and above a large field, covered in six inch tall grass. The field was surrounded by the forest trees and had a small river flowing its pure, crystal clear water along the east side of the field.

Near the center of the field was a small village, named Usoitar, that had the same architecture look like nineteenth century Japanese buildings. In the center of the town was a three story building, where the ruler of the town worked and lived. Surrounding it were large food stands and stores, waiting for the last of their customers to purchase their goods and close the shops for the night. Only the medical building stayed open for the night, in case of any late night accidents for the village’s healer to take care of.

The homes, which surrounded the town, had a large peak roofs covered in tube-like shingles and had small, wooden porches surrounding them. Black smoke billowed out of the chimneys as some family members opened the sliding doors made of birch wood and pearl white cloth, like the walls, and sat at the porch steps, admiring the wondrous view of the Beautifly flying overhead. Forming into the night sky over the flying bug pokemon, was a vast aurora borealis, lighting up the night sky with a large arrangement of colors like a light show. The flying bug pokemon’s wings were now glowing the same, vibrant color as the aurora.

Sakura Marla, a small eight year old girl, glazed at the amazing sight in awe with her soft, glistering sapphire eyes. Her long, white blonde hair hanged down to the top of her shoulders, and was waving in the sudden cold wind blowing in the night. She was wearing a silky white, long sleeve shirt along with a small, crimson dress that went down to her ankles. On her small feet were small sandals made from intertwining dried grass and sliced bamboo.

The moon shined its pale light on her tanned face as the entrance door behind her slid open. Her mother, who was wearing a long, silky crimson dress, lightly stepped out of the house, barely making a sound, and watched her daughter making a small smile while watching the spectacle above along with half of the village.

“It’s amazing.” Sakura exclaimed, turning towards her mother.

“Yes it is. And to think that if you missed it, you would have to wait another thirty years for it to happen again.” Her mothered sweetly answered while watching it too.

“Really? I never knew that.”

“Well you’re still young honey.” The mother started. “There is still a lot of things you need to learn.”

“When do I get to learn it all momma?”

“In a few years sweetie. In a few years.” Sakura’s mom dazed off, thinking how proud she would be seeing her studying the positions of the stars.

‘It’s the perfect job for her.’ she smiled to herself as she left her daughter on the porch steps. ‘Good thing she doesn’t know what would have happened tonight if it still occurred.’

Sakura fixed her attention back at the soon ending night show. She suddenly noticed that some Beautifly were flying away from the others and went to the western part of the forest. Curiosity got the better of her as she walked down her front yard and looked at her small Seedot. It had a gray shell on top of its brown, acorn-looking body along with a stem on top. Two small yellow circles were just below the gray helmet with small, topaz pupils that stared at her.

“Hello Seedy, want to take a small trip through the woods right now?” She smiled on the infant pokemon. It started squealing loudly with delight as Sakura wrapped her arms immediately around it.

“No Seedy. You can’t make any loud noises, or mom will catch us and then we won’t be able to go.” She whispered.

The baby Seedot quickly became silent as she trotted down the dirt path, trying to catch up with the speedy Beautifly. Sakura suddenly had no choice but to leave the path and ran down the short hill towards the western forest entrance. Her Seedot started to squeal softly with delight, thinking how much fun it was letting the wind past its face while watching the place where it would have lived if her trainer didn‘t find it abandoned. It turn to look behind Sakura’s back, noticing that wild flowers were growing and blossoming at where she stepped.

Her hair was wavering in the air like the ocean at the seashore as she was now suddenly starting to sprint, trying to catch up, trying to ignore her now aching feet. The moonlight barely lit the forest floor as she almost tripped on a small tree root that a small, hungry Paras pulled from the ground. It started feeding on the tips of the root while Sakura continued to run again in the now frozen ground, now further behind then she was before.

She suddenly felt a fear growing inside her that someone was stalking her right now. Her breath could be seen as a large puff of smoke coming out of her mouth, as the air temperature started to drop like a rock. She started shivering in the cold as she started seeing tons of glowing yellow eyes staring at her from the trees’ shadows with curiosity, which made her spine chill. Sakura quickly made a huge sigh of relief as she saw that the glowing eyes belonged to a flock of Hoothoot and Noctowl settling on the shadow covered tree branches.

‘What am I nervous about? Its just a bunch of bird pokemon that were glaring at me. Not some crazy person.’ She tried to convinced herself while trying to warm her hands up.

She wrapped her arms around her Seedot to keep it from shivering and from catching a cold, since it started to sneeze. It started to make a small whimper while making another sneeze. She started hoping that it wasn’t getting sick as another thought came to her head.

‘Where are they going? Are they going towards some other Beautifly to make them follow them? I can’t turn back now.’

She would soon find out the reason as she ran out of the forest and into a hilly field that she didn’t even knew existed near her home. She started squinted her eyes in the pitch black darkness to see where the dim moonlight was reflecting off of. Slowly, she began to see an outline of a huge village, with no hint that anyone was out tonight. The fairly large buildings looked as if it was slowly decaying like a corpse from the elements of nature over a long period of time.

She now also noticed that a pungent smell of death was in the air. She tried her best to cover her nose to not breath in the strong and aweful stench while holding her baby pokemon. The smell didn‘t go away as Sakura felt like she was going to suffocate.

‘What the hell is with that smell? And what is this place?’ She wondered along with her ever sickening Seedot. ‘Is this the mysterious cursed village that momma kept talking about behind her back?’

She suddenly felt goose bumps all around her arms as she suddenly had a feeling that she was being watched from the pitch black darkness around her. A strong gust of freezing wind, howling like a snarling wolf, suddenly rushed through her and into the field in front of her. It sounded as if it came from behind her and was going to attack at any time. Small , silky white snowflakes started falling down towards the ground, even though the sky was clear of dark clouds. Its as if the snow was coming from the aurora borealis. Or may be from something else.

The torches bordering the large dirt roads in the abandoned looking town started to lit up by themselves, giving the town a haunting glowing look. Candles, large and small, were lighting up by the invisible unknown. She started shivering from fright and from the ever lowering temperature. The stem on top of Seedot’s head started to form frost.

“Its that cold already?” Sakura asked herself, not knowing how to explain what was happening.

Sakura started hearing the voices of people in the village, but they weren’t sounding like they were just having friendly talk. The voices were screaming in agony and in misery, sounding sort of like the dying people in a war movie that could haunt your dreams for eternity. There were even the sound of children crying in agony, but not in pain as in torture. More like crying as if they were emotionally upset from what they were seeing.

“Okay I think its time to go back now.” Sakura shivered.

The baby Seedot in her arms suddenly heard something rustling in the forest behind it and her trainer, and was now squeaking to get her attention. A sudden, loud thump noise from behind alerted her as she quickly turned around and slowly widen her eyes at what she saw. A small, 14 year old girl sat on the now frost covered ground. She had long, very greasy dirty blonde hair and was only wearing a long, white nightgown with small frills on the collar and at the end of the sleeves.

“Are you all right?” She started questioning the girl while shivering from the deep cold that now surrounded her.

The eerie and creepy looking girl said nothing as she slowly started standing up on her bare feet. She had small spots of yellow skin spreading on her frost bitten feet. The girl slowly lifted her face, as Sakura starred in horror at the face hidden in her hair. She started to make a shriek that echoed into the air as the girl started chasing her. Sakura’s exit into the forest was now blocked, and she had no choice but to go into the ghostly village in fright.

Chicoslavocia's Revenge
2nd October 2003, 11:39 PM
O_O;;

Oh...Oh my... That was, well, frightening...

^_^;; I liked it.. It started out all cutesy, then it was like BLAH!!!!1 *waves arms around*

O_0;; um, I noticed a few times when you should have used past tense for a word, but it wasn't agonizingly bad ^_^ Besides that, it was a good story!! Yuppers indeed!!

~Chico

Mystic Latios
3rd October 2003, 08:32 PM
Chicoslavocia's Revenge- I never was good in language class, hence the reason why I probably didn't put in the right past tense words in. Glad to hear that you enjoyed this chapter. :) The next few or more chapters should be introducing more characters. In fact....here is the next chapter! 8)

Spiritual Night

-Chapter 2-

The rising red sun slowly let its rays light up the Usoitar village and the forest around it. The fisherman by the river were quickly preparing their nets for the large swarm of rapid salmon that were going to head south. After all these years, the village still looked like it was trapped in the past. Still the same buildings around the center, along with the food stands. Still selling fresh produce and fresh rice.

Fourteen year old Reena Marla slowly crept through the sliding entrance doors, trying to not to wake up her mother, Sakura. A small, cool breeze blew into her long, upper neck crimson hair as a good morning greeting. Right by her small feet were her sandals, next to a large bucket full of water. Along the outside wall were broken eggs, which someone probably threw last night.

“What’s with these people?” Reena asked herself as she grabbed the bucket and the washcloth inside. “Why do they hate my mother so much to try and get rid of her like dirty vermin?”

She slowly started wiping the mess on the wall, trying to not get her silky black shirt, jet black knee high skirt, and the large red ribbon around her waist from getting messy. Reena thought about it, remembering that she was ridiculed ever since she found the so-called cursed village near here about thirty years ago. The ruler back then stated that there is no cursed village and that her mother actually almost killed her own Seedot. All of them believed it, since everyone was forced to believe that the ruler is always right.

Luckily, this ‘ruler is always right’ doesn’t happen anymore, but she was still ridiculed anyway. The reason is because Reena’s father left her and her mother to take care of themselves. The villagers don’t seem to like single mothers and tried almost every trick in the book to get her mother banished from the town. The new ruler of the town still refuses to do so, but the mob was slowly growing every day. Good thing the new ruler, Troy Troshine, was on our side.

Reena and most of the other kids don’t see what the big deal is about her mother not having a husband. Every kid in the town kept questioning why they are acting like this. One of the kids said that his mother was going to tell him tomorrow about why they were acting that way. Unfortunately, she disappeared during the night and was never seen again.

“Just another day in this discriminating town…” Reena muttered to herself after dumping the bucket onto the dirt road. She turned back towards the house and now noticed that her prized flower bed was also trashed, along with the raspberry bushes by the porch.

‘Mom is going to go ballistic if she sees this.’ She pitied. ‘I’ve got to clean this up before she finds them in this condition.’

She stood by the sliced daisies, tulips, and roses in the flower bed and squatted down towards the dew covered grass, which wavered in the short lived wind. She gently touched one of the torn tulips with the tips of her small fingers. Her eyes started to close as she felt her pale, soft skin slowly starting to absorb the sun’s warm, golden rays. The sunlight energy that was absorbed traveled quickly through her bloodstream and towards her fingers. The energy slowly emitted off the fingertips and into the stiff veins of the plant and into the fertile ground.

Suddenly, the torn flowers were slowly stretching towards the sky for more light to feed on. Colorful petals started forming around the top of the stem, hiding the gooey honey center from the honey bees that were buzzing by. They now looked more healthier than they were yesterday, which put a smile on Reena’s face.

She dashed towards the raspberry bushes and started flowing solar energy into them, just like she did with the flower bed. New grown branches started spiking out like a Qwilfish using Pin Missile to defend itself. The raspberries started forming on the branches as a large amount of thorns grew near them to protect its fruit. The front doors slid open just as she was finished. Her mother brushed her long, white blonde hair back as she peered the garden with her stone blue eyes.

“Well I see that the garden survived the night.” She said, suspiciously looking at Reena and the raspberry bushes. “At least I think it did…”

‘How the hell did she know?’ Reena said in her head. She slowly stood up with her head hanging low in shame, with her fiery red hair covering most of her face. Her mother startled at first, with a fear look in her eyes for just a second. She quickly forgot about it and went back to glaring at her daughter with a suspicious look on her face.

“Reena? Dear? Did you fixed the garden back up?”

“…..yes,” She burst quietly, hoping that she didn’t hear it.

“What did I tell you about fixing the garden when its trashed. I could have used it as evidence against the ones that did it and present the evidence to Troy Troshine.”

“Wha…” Reena stuttered in surprise, as her eyes met her mothers. “You knew who did it?”

“Yes. It was those Mantel twins again. I saw it happen last night and decided to wait until the morning to get them arrested. But then you had to clean up the mess.” Her mother glared with the look of flames in her eyes. “After they were found guilty, I would have cleaned up the mess on the wall afterwards and they would have been forced to fixed the garden with their bare hands as part of the punishment.

“Sorry mom. I fixed it up so that you wouldn‘t be upset about it.” Reena apologized. Sakura made a small sigh as she shook her head, losing what anger she had left in her.

“Well there’s always next time.” She hoped. “Feed your pet Hoothoot and go to school afterwards. Oh and feed my Nuzleaf too please?”

Sakura walked back into the ancient looking house with an irritable look on her face as Reena started walking slowly towards her Hoothoot’s small, bird pokemon house. She started thinking how her mother acted, wishing that she appreciated her for fixing the garden and not yelling her head off at her. Wondering if her mother really did care about her, or if she only cared about getting back at those troubling twins and the townspeople. The thought just bugged Reena as she pulled out a small box near the ancient tree.

Reena took out the bird feed from the nearby box and poured the seeds into a small, metal pan. She then peered inside the rather large birdhouse to find her Hoothoot, with its black eyelids still shut tightly. The two, small arrow stalks pointing on its fat head were twitching as Reena started to lightly poke its side. The lazy Hoothoot just shrugged and ignored her, wanting to just sleep all day.

“Can’t it just wake up and not be lazy for once?” She muttered angrily.

She started poking its soft, pink feathery side even harder with her index finger. Still getting no response, she slowly crept her hand under its fin-like wings and started tickling it. It started giggling through its fat beak while the claw-like feet started scratching the floor. Her Hoothoot suddenly was bursting out in laughter as it fell out and landed on the ground. It glared up towards its trainer, meeting her eye to eye.

“You should have woke up the first time.” She glared as she put the food down in front of it.

Huger quickly took over its mind as it concentrated its anger at the birdseed. Reena made a big gasp as she realized that the other students were no longer running around.

“Oh great I’m going to be late!” She panicked. “Hopefully I won’t face the teacher’s wrath like George Mantel did yesterday.”

She knew that George probably deserved it for smacking a student in the head with a stick. She just hoped that the teacher wouldn’t smack her in the head really hard like she did with George, with a large bruise on the forehead. She wouldn’t be able to think of what her mother would do if she saw the bruise.

She grabbed a ragged cloth bag full of her school books near the ancient tree trunk. It large roots slowly creped towards Reena‘s ankle like a slithering serpent preparing to strike its prey, trying not to catch her attention. She turned around quickly and ran down the dirt path just when the root was about to grab her. Large red eyes started glowing eerily from the hole under the large tree root with fury that its plan didn‘t worked. It started thinking that it was only a matter of time…

She started smacking herself in the head, thinking how stupid she was for not keeping track of time and started running through the short expansion of people‘s backyards. A few minutes later, Reena finally exited the backyards and started running down the large dirt road, dodging the carriages and wagons that were being dragged by large groups of Ponyta and Rapidash.

Apparently, she wasn’t the only one late for school. Two twin kids started running down the road too, with large amounts of paper in their hands and had sweat dripping from their foreheads. She barely paid any attention to exhausted-looking kids that were her age as she concentrated on getting there before the school bell rang. She started to have a strange and dark feeling in her soul that someone was watching her from somewhere hidden, so that she couldn’t see them, or it. Its as if she used some psychic technique to sense it.

Two large, sky blue eyes from a lonely Beautifly glared at Reena from its hidden home in one of the large oak trees. He crept closer to the girl while hanging off of the branch. A small, dark figure was slowly creeping towards the lone Beautifly, forming into a small clump of black smoke with a pale skull. Its round, crimson glowing eyes leered at the flying bug pokemon and glowed like burning charcoal.

“Is it her?” The Duskull asked Beautifly in the pokemon language.

“Yep that’s her all right.” He confirmed. “Now I just have to keep an eye on Reena and make sure that she doesn’t go there tonight. Good thing I got to her first.”

“So how are you gonna do that?” It eerily said.

“Easy. I’ll pretend to want her as a trainer. Who wouldn’t want a Beautifly? Its rare to even see one in this part of the forest.”

“You do have a point there.” Duskull agreed. A long period of silence went on until the Beautifly noticed that he just lost her.

“Crap I lost here. You better be going back to your trainer‘s home.” Beautifly hinted. “He could be wondering where you are right now.”

“You sure you won’t be needing any help?”

“No. Now go already!” He said in frustration.

Duskull slowly vanished while Beautifly started flapping its wings. He was now flying among the trees to try and hide from the pokemon hunters and try to find Reena, which was an irritating task for him. He started sweating in fear that he would be too late.

Reena turned her head towards the two kids running, hearing the girl talking about wings. She finally stared at them with a puzzled look on her face.

‘What the hell are they talking about?‘ She pondered right before she tripped on a small pebble and fell into the ground face first. She quickly got up as she winced from the long scratch she now has on her left cheek.

‘Great,’ She started whining to herself. ‘Not only am I probably late, but I now have a bleeding cut on my face.’

A small, feminine hand reached down towards hers, which was covered in dust. Reena stared up towards the two kids that she was listening to. The girl’s long, crimson red hair was wavering in the sudden wind, and was also a little messy on the top. She was wearing a gray skirt that went down to her knees. Her shirt was made of fine, emerald green silk that reflected the sunlight off of her, giving her an eerie glow as her stone cold yellow eyes seemed to stare right through her.

The girl reached her hands down and made a firm grip on her left wrist. With the same strength as a professional wrestler, she lifted Reena up on her feet, which were dangling two inches above the ground. Reena stared into the girl’s eyes with a sudden rush of worry, wondering what she was planning to do and if she was going to be attacked and beaten severely. She started to pray silently.

Black Knight28
4th October 2003, 01:31 PM
Wow. O.O

Very wow indeed. :yes:

I like it! Please write more...most have more. :yes:

mistysakura
5th October 2003, 02:14 AM
I've just noticed one thing. For instance,

“…..yes.” She burst quietly, hoping that she didn’t hear it. should be '"...yes," she burst quietly' etc.

Well, what can I say? Great start! I love this opening. It's got this sense of suspense to it. And i was getting worried about Sakura being the protagonist for a second (thanks to WDC), but I guess that's okay now. One thing: the "small" 14-year-old girl, when sakura herself's only 8?

I love originality.

Mystic Latios
5th October 2003, 11:33 AM
Black Knight28-Of course I'm going to write more. I'm starting to enjoy typing this fic. Chapter 4 should introduce more characters...

mistysakura-Thanks for pointing out the mistake. I'll go change it now.

One thing: the "small" 14-year-old girl, when sakura herself's only 8?

Ummm....chapter 2 takes place 30 years after the first chapter. Is that what your asking about?

mistysakura
6th October 2003, 03:02 AM
no, i was talking about chap. 1. I was just thinking that it would be a weird description, since the chapter's more or less from Sakura's point of view.

Mystic Latios
14th October 2003, 04:58 PM
Sorry for not posting the chapter sooner or for making it longer, but I had a busy weekend (homework, homework, oh and more homework). Hope you'll enjoy the next chapter.

Spiritual Night

-Chapter 3-

Gina Mantel started sprinting towards the school house, knowing that she was going to be late. Her anger was now focused on her twin brother, George, for pulling a prank like this on her. Sometimes she got tired of his pranks, even on that Reena girl. Its not Reena’s fault that every time she was nearby, Gina’s psychic senses, a sixth sense, would go wild and sometimes end up on the ground, shaking like a loose, crumbling leaf in autumn. Even today, she doesn’t know why it happens. The shaking and wild sixth sense going in her mind usually happens when Gina is near a ghost or spirit of some kind.

Gina suddenly stopped by a tree, panting like a dog as she sat down carefully, trying to make sure that her tight, short green dress wouldn’t get any grime or dirt on it. She made a loud sigh as the wind whistled through her greasy, shoulder length black hair. She stared at the heaped, fluffy clouds floating in the blue sky like cotton balls.

‘No matter how fast I run, I’ll still be late.’ She thought grimly. ‘Might as well take my time to get there. Wait till I get my hands on that little **** of a brother!’

The wind died down as she straightened out the green shirt with yellow borders around the sleeves and collar that she was wearing. Gina took off her wooden sandals so that she could feel the pillow soft grass between her toes. As she slowly started to relax, a strange tingling feeling started going through her brain.

It felt as a feather was tickling the top of her brain, but it slowly began to feel a little pain. Gina started to panic as she saw three people that were probably running towards the school; one of them was Reena Marla. Gina started digging through her small handbag for a spirit card to help her with the migraine that she was now getting. Her grandfather gave several cards for her, since it could help keep ghosts away.

A new feeling of dread and misery went through her body as she started shivering from the sudden cold that swept through the area. A strong scent of evil was hanging in the air, and it chilled her to the bone. It seemed as everything around her was slowly turning dark, even the morning sky. She turned her head towards a bush nearby, feeling as if someone, or something, was hiding in it. Just thinking about it made the hair on the back of her head stand up in fear.

Gina did noticed the girl firmly grasping Reena’s hand and was slowly lifting her up like someone who was possessed, but she concentrated her gaze towards the bush as it rustled. Two small feet poked out from the thorn covered bushes. The first thing that worried her was that the feet should have a lot of cuts on it from the thorns, but there wasn’t one scratch. The other thing she worried about was that a deep crimson color illuminated the bushes as a red eye glared at her.

‘Where’s Shedinja when you need it?’ Gina worried as she finally found what she was looking for, a rectangle shape of a piece of paper with small writings on it.

Gina started feeling a little faint as she started seeing visions of an unknown room, with only large torches to illuminate it and only a large blood stain in the middle of the floor. She also ‘saw’ that the room wasn’t empty, but the vision ended before she saw what occupied the mysterious room. Both glowing red eyes now glared at her like a hungry carnivore, ready to attack her at any moment. Gina gradually raised her arm with the spirit card.

“Fesightor Thosg.” she whispered quietly as she threw it towards the dark spirit in the bushes.

The spirit cried in shock as the spirit card smacked right into it, sending blue lightning throughout the bushed it hid in. The dark entity slowly evaporated into smoke and vanished into thin air, still leaving behind the brimstone smell of evil around the area.

Tara A. Sital dropped the girl from her strong grip as she realized what she had just done. She turned her gaze towards her brother, Jon O. Sital, who glared at her with his two crimson eyes with a look of worry. Tara shook her head to try and get rid of the strange feeling that was creeping inside her skull.

‘What the hell just happened?’ she telepathically spoke to her brother.

Jon’s short, messy blue hair wavered in the new gust, blowing the strange scent that surrounded them a few minutes ago. Both of them had the same age and had the same height as Reena. Jon’s long, blue cloth pants and pearl white sweater fluttered in the small gust of wind like a flag on a flagpole as he finally decided to tell her.

‘Why are you asking that question when you already knew the answer? You looked as if you were going to attack her! We’ll talk about this later!’

Jon fixed her attention back at Reena as she stared back at them with a shocking look upon her thin face. Tara started wondering what had happened to make the Reena girl scared of her as Reena slowly got up, expecting to get punched in the face. Tara also started wondering how she knew Reena’s name in the first place.

“Sorry about that,” Jon started to apologize. “My sister here doesn’t know her own strength sometimes.”

“Yea,” Tara soon responded smiling. “We’re new here and we were trying to find the school here.”

Reena made a small sigh of relief as she returned the smile back to them. The rather large sound of the school bell echoed throughout the village as Reena’s eyes widen till they were the size of golf balls. I’m Late!!!

“Oh great I’m late for school!” Reena panicked while looking to her right. “The school is over there, but we better get there or we’ll get smacked on the knuckles with the teacher’s ruler.”

She saw them both giving a worrying look on their face. Noticing that Reena was ahead of them already, they started jogging along with her towards their new destination. Jon took another glance at Reena to make sure that she was far enough away so that he could chat quietly before he turned his head towards his sister with a look on his face that could kill someone.

“Why the hell did you pick her up like that for? You could of blew our cover!” Jon snarled.

“But I…I didn’t do it! It felt like someone had…how should I say this…possessed me back there.”

“Possessed?” Jon raised an eyebrow with curiosity.

“Yes!” She exclaimed. “It felt like someone was controlling me like a marionette on a puppet stage. And I kept hearing a girl in my head saying ‘bring her there’ while seeing some weird looking village.”

Jon had a suspicious look on his face while he was in deep thought. Tara’s feet started aching from all the running while a switch in her head turned on the whine mode setting.

“I don’t know why we’re running towards there. Why can’t we just fly there…”

“Shhhh!!!” Jon hissed. “You want everyone to hear that?!”

Tara huffed as they continued down the long path towards a small, single building with a large copper bell hanging in the yard that surrounded it. A Beautifly sat on a tree limb while watching Reena, Tara, and Jon arrived at the school. He finally relaxed his wings from the sight of her while the Duskull floated behind him.

“Holy crap!” He yelped as he nearly fell off the branch. “I thought I told you to go back to your trainer’s house?!”

“I was but….I just wanted to scare you again.” Duskull said with a giggly tone in it’s voice.

‘Duskull trying to scare people and pokemon. I should have known, since he’s a ghost pokemon.’ Beautifly thought as Duskull tried to make a smirk with his skull face.

“I’ll be going now.” Duskull said before Beautifly could make a remark. “Bye! See you next time…mwahahahahaha!”

Duskull slowly faded away as Beautifly wondered if he had a double personality. Before he seemed very serious, but now he was starting to act goofy and giggly like a six year old child at a carnival.

‘I’ll never understand Duskull.’ He smirked as he fixed his eyes back at the school waiting.