PDA

View Full Version : AG 45! Shocking News!

Pokejello
2nd October 2003, 08:28 AM
Well I just found out that Misty's Togepi DID evolve into Togetic, but Togetic SEPERATED from Misty and now the most important: Misty ALSO seperated from Ash and others! Where she goes? I don't know yet.

Anyways I've also heard Japanese people speaking about a new ending in AG 45, there wasn't a new intro but there has been a new ending according to those people.

have a stammer
2nd October 2003, 09:17 AM
Huh. well if this info. is correct, then alot of people will be right and happy (about the departure of togetic) and alot will be wrong and angered (at the loss of misty). Most had assumed it was Misty's togepi would evolve and leave, But Misty was supposed to stay in alot of peoples minds, because she had new clothes. I don't recall at any time that if an old character returns and has new clothes that is proof they will stay. Although her partial (permanent?) departure may lead into the next episode. Possibly the gang goes after her catching up to her near the winstrate house, as I believe this is the next episode. New ending would be nice.

Nikku-San
2nd October 2003, 11:01 AM
Bah. Just when I think they might actually have things perfect, they go and **** it up as usual. No frickin' Misty means no more hot outfit and no more Gyarados. Also, Togetic leaving blows as well. Argh, stupid stupid STUPID. *storms off*

Gravy
2nd October 2003, 11:15 AM
HA! And a special I told ya so to everyone who doubted me. Now, didn't I say Misty wouldn't be staying? Well, didn't I? And almost every single one of you doubted me, almost every one of you just wouldn't think about the possibility that Misty wouldn't leave. And here I stand before you, victorious ;)
And so, this means my theory of Misty having 'Casey-like' cameo appearences every so often is growing extremly likely by the second.
Hope the new ending is good, I'm looking forward to that.

*Murkrow
2nd October 2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Gravy
HA! And a special I told ya so to everyone who doubted me. Well, didn't I? And almost every single one of you doubted me, almost every one of you just wouldn't think about the possibility that Misty wouldn't leave. And here I stand before you, victorious

How did I know that was coming?:rolleyes: Not that I said much regarding Misty;o

So it's a double leaving then? Meh, I'm not sure if I'm glad or upset, Togetic leaving is kinda annoying though, we've waited so long to see it yet it buggers off the moment it does show up. If it'd have at least stayed with Misty then there'd have still been a chance that it'd be seen again. As for Misty leaving, doesn't bother me.

One things for sure though, Hanada isn't gonna like this:no:

Wonder what the new endings like?

pikasaiyan
2nd October 2003, 11:34 AM
ack... so angry. What was the point just to show misty in new clothes and see togetic leave? I mean it would have been better if they just showed her in more specials or in hoenn by herself or with casey if they were just going to do this. I knew togetic was going to leave but still there was the slight chance that it might stay with her, but this is a lose lose situation, everyone goes.:mad:

Nikku-San
2nd October 2003, 11:42 AM
Sneasel Obsessive, thank you for reminding me. *builds bomb shelter* You guys should probably get in here when Hanada shows up. He is not going to be a happy Horsea. :(

Light_Togetic
2nd October 2003, 12:08 PM
What?! Okay, so what WAS the point in bringing her back?? It's like a horrible tease.... *cries* So what's she going to do? Just wander around Hoenn alone? Isn't that why she left? To go see her friends again? Oh well, perhaps she's just temporarily gone... or something... Why'd they go through all the trouble of giving her new clothes then? Oh and the only reason I said that she'd stay because of her clothes was because when Ash and Brock came to Hoenn, they too had new clothes, so I considered it a kind of "initiation" into Hoenn. That's why. Oh yeah, and because I like her. Gimme a break, she is my favorite character, like I wouldn't want her to stay! Sorry, I think I need to cool down...

Animelee
2nd October 2003, 01:53 PM
God, why are the writers SO stupid? First the ruin things with so many Johto fillers, and now they do more stupidness with Misty leaving...AGAIN! :rolleyes:

Mikey
2nd October 2003, 02:08 PM
Bah, I sort of expected this to happen. Misty may have new clothes and all, but 4's a crowd and 5 would make it worse, plus her Pokemon are all extremly powerful. She'll probably apear here and there in Hoenn as they journey though. Boy will Hanad have a hissy fit over this.;)

RJdude
2nd October 2003, 02:27 PM
People are going to die when Hanada finds out...

Man, I was't expecting Togetic to stay, but Misty? Oh well, I'm sure she'll make frequent apperences, like Casey in Johto, and she'll definently be back for the tournament.

Thy
2nd October 2003, 02:37 PM
Maybe we will see her every so often as the group get the 4th and then to the 5th gym, where Max will leave and Misty comes in. Maybe Misty will be Ash's friendly rival of sorts. We never say Misty battle for a badge, so maybe it will add more depth to the story if we see relationship/rivalry bloom. She has the Pokemon, so why not?

Oakbark
2nd October 2003, 03:21 PM
*begins twitching silently*
Not again.....not again.....NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

How can they do this??? Stupid writers!!!:mad:

So, Togetic comes and goes as fast - that was to be expected. But Misty???? Why??????????

It's like she's leaving the group again. I guess she'll become a Casey character and we'll see her leaving again and again and again......

No doubt they'll do the Casey routine until they get to Lilycove - where she might come back to travel by water on Gyarados.

*sniffs*

I vow revenge. REVENGE!!!!

Rocketboy
2nd October 2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Gravy
HA! And a special I told ya so to everyone who doubted me. Now, didn't I say Misty wouldn't be staying? Well, didn't I? And almost every single one of you doubted me, almost every one of you just wouldn't think about the possibility that Misty wouldn't leave. And here I stand before you, victorious ;)
And so, this means my theory of Misty having 'Casey-like' cameo appearences every so often is growing extremly likely by the second.
Hope the new ending is good, I'm looking forward to that.

There's no need to rub it in our faces! It sucks that Misty is leaving YET again....... What was the reason she came to Hoenn? I mean sure to Ash and the gang again but there is no reason for her to leave. I'm going to be scared when HT comes *Hides with Nikku-San*

Potato Dude
2nd October 2003, 05:01 PM
Now it's time for Totodile to pull a similar trick and beat Slaking! Right?

*wants to see Hyper vs. Lazy showdown*

Rei_Zero
2nd October 2003, 07:36 PM
Sigh. I actually think letting Misty leave was for the better. Did you notice the major mode shifts you guys got to May once you realised Misty was coming? You guys fell right into the writer's expectations. They knew the moment you guys saw Misty, no matter how much they try to ruin her character and make May's character more admirable, you would dump May like a sack of banana peels. I shouldn't need to say the shockwaves this causes because the moment everyone focuses on Misty, all purpose in AG has been lost. No new blood. No new characters. No new personalities. All their (the writer's) hardwork would have gone into the dumps. This would ruin pokemon, and we would go back to Johto. Do you realise how May coming has caused major plot shifts? They now have to focus on May's character to develope it, and therefore, saving pokemon with better quality episodes. The moment the fans want spotlight on Misty, and want to ditch the spotlight on May, everything is over. Pokemon can now not exist without new blood. IMO, even making Misty some cameos was a compromise that could have ruin the season.

Crystal Mew
3rd October 2003, 12:09 AM
;_;!

this makes me very sad :no: I can't beleive this....they should have dumped the kid, Max. :yes: well, maybe, they are doing this for...a good reason? o0;

lets hope this is what they are doing -_-;

Iveechan
3rd October 2003, 12:36 AM
Well, I hope she does leave for good. Her outfit gives me a headache, heh.

Shuppet Master
3rd October 2003, 01:41 PM
Rei_Zero: So,you're saying that Misty should be ditched like the one-shot characters like Chigusa and Shingo,because May's replaced her?

I think not. Misty has a loyal fan base(iI am a Misty-lover,I loved her voice :D) that would stop watching Pokemon and go to some other anime if they found out that Misty was "bad blood" - many watched Pokemon for one character,and if that character is gone forever,that's it. They don't want any more of it.

I'm not talking about those who love the cameo characters(I'm a Chigusa fan myself),but the truth be told,you are putting a lot of leverage on the fact that Misty was "bad blood." True,the writers introduced Max and May to inject life into the old group of Ash and Brock,like Tracey did for the Orange Isles,but in no way am I convinced that Misty deserved to be shot and banished to oblivion.

My guess is that,at the worst,we won't see Misty again until the end of Ash's travel in Hoenn,when he finishes the Hoenn League. By then,May and Max will become canon characters and have their own loyal fan-following,and then the writers can be safe to put both girls into the group without fear of everyone shifting to Misty. :)

My predictions are that Misty will return either after Ash gets his fifth badge from Norman or when Ash is in Sootpolis fighting Wallace(since Misty is also a water-type Pokemon gym leader). Max might scoot off by then,starting his own Pokemon journey.

Black Skull Dragon
3rd October 2003, 05:48 PM
Umm.......this is quite an unexpected development! Four words..
STUPID STUPID DAMNED WRITERS!!!!!!
It's bad enough that Togetic leaves, but Misty too!?!?!
<Roars and yells in anger and frustration>
<Whew, ok I'm better>

Hanada's gonna be pissed about this, even more so than I am. Do us all a favor, break it to him gently.

Rei_Zero
3rd October 2003, 07:15 PM
Yes, I am putting leverage on the fact that Misty is bad blood. She is bad blood because in Johto even when it finally got good, she lost almost ALL of her character (there are ocassions, rarer then a starter pokemon but there are). What made her interesting and a good character was all the things she did as a CHARACTER. Standing around Brock dragging him away from girls every episode is not character. Making side comments about Ash is not character.

Making a decision between Ash and Danny was character. Asking stuffing the fact that she won the princess match was character. Trying to get two people who hate eachother to like eachother was character. Bashing Ash for being 'baka' was character. And just to tell you, a lot of people have stopped being Misty fans because of very dull character (along with Brock). And these are the guys who didn't give up on Johto. I thought Misty was doing fine with all her specials and now the two cameos.

Believe me, there is not enough element in Misty for her to be able live long and prosper in so many hundred episodes. I say that if they can at least keep up the quality of episodes in where a character stars, screw the quantity. What's the point of keeping her on the main show when all she does is take all the chances away from the new characters by die-hard fans and help contribute to boring episodes by doing jack ****.

Togetic
3rd October 2003, 10:40 PM
I can't believe she let Togetic leave... I would of kept her in a Pokeball n never let her go! O well... Its sad that Misty leaves... I liked her.. O well ... Everything happens for a reason...

Hanada Tattsu
3rd October 2003, 11:26 PM
What the heck? What the heck where the writers thinking? WHY did they have to do this? Misty had a chance to come back, she was there, and they make her leave! WHY? Now, we have to be stuck with May and Max, but why did Misty have to leave? WHY? :(

LOL, Hanada is very mad, he is not a Happy Horsea. :mad:

Okay, Misty did not loose her character. Misty was a very colorful character, slapping Ash and calling him a 'baka' was part of her. :(

Why, we had a chance, and now, its ruined. I hate May.

Anyways, I still can't believe that Togepi evolved, Togetic is good for Misty, but I still cannot cope that it left. It's now the king of the Togepi Kingdom or what not, but why did Misty leave? :(

Animelee
4th October 2003, 12:05 AM
Maybe it's because she just left the Cerulean Gym after being cooped up there for so long, so she wants to go wherever her spirit takes her, instead of following Ash and May in their journey. I know she'll be back, since they gave her new clothes, I guess... :confused:

Hanada Tattsu
4th October 2003, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Animelee
Maybe it's because she just left the Cerulean Gym after being cooped up there for so long, so she wants to go wherever her spirit takes her, instead of following Ash and May in their journey. I know she'll be back, since they gave her new clothes, I guess... :confused:

But why, is the point. Misty belongs with Ash, they were together since the beginning, I just want Misty back, that's all.

Nikku-San
4th October 2003, 12:14 AM
They should at least give her frequent cameos or specials. There is so much they can sill do with her character. She needs to feel love and heartbreak if she is ever to be with Ash in the end.

Hanada Tattsu
4th October 2003, 12:16 AM
Yeah, I know, they should really expand her character so very much. She should have stayed on the show, but the writers are just stupid.

Animelee
4th October 2003, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
I just want Misty back, that's all.

Who doesn't? Well, other than Rei_Zero.

Hanada Tattsu
4th October 2003, 12:31 AM
Rei_Zero hates Misty just as much as I hate May, which is a lot. But in stating his opinions, he seems to have quite the attitude problem, when he doesn't.

Rei_Zero
4th October 2003, 01:42 AM
I don't hate Misty in her entire history. I just don't think it would be smart to put Misty back in, especially after the major responses we got when she appeared to be coming back. I've already supported my points.

Animelee
4th October 2003, 03:49 AM
It is confirmed that there is a new ending, so, I will make a clip by this afternoon, and, well, I'll try to get it hosted it somewhere. Y'know, probably one of those 50Megs sites, or somethin'. :)

Gravy
4th October 2003, 05:46 AM
Meh...I still find it amusing that most people believe this was all unexpected :D Not saying anyones wrong for believing it, it just feels odd thatI predicted all of this while others didn't. *shudders* Not a nice feeling is it?

Meh, well reading through Rei_zero's little essay, I'm inclined to agree with him. Not because I have anything against Misty though, I don't hate her or anything, far from it. I'd have loved for her to stay if the writers could have pulled off some sort of bizzare love triangle (or even square), but we all know they never do anything like that. Its actually quite a shame in some respects.
But, due to the fact that the writers aren't as adventurous as they could be, we would have been stuck with the bland and boring Johto Misty all over again.
She HAD character, but that was a long time ago....I feel like I'm repeating myself every single time I reply to a Misty or Haruka thread @_@
Believe me, if Haruka had been leaving, I'd have been as angry as Hannada right about now, but thankfully for me, she hasn't :P
Personally, I don't see what there is to hate about Haruka, I really don't. She's probably one of the best characters in pokémon since Team rocket came along IMO.
I wouldn't worry anyways Hanada, she'll most likely have many cameo episodes throughtout the series, so all is not lost. Its better than never seeing her again isn't it? ;)

Oh, and Animelee, you rock! :P I hope to god that the new ending is Haruka-based or summinc ^_^0

Potato Dude
4th October 2003, 10:11 AM
I'm stunned. Just remember one thing - they've got minor characters like Richie and Tracey who they're trying to build up. I'm not sure they're gonna quit that.

Animelee
4th October 2003, 02:08 PM
Okay, I just skipped to the ending, because I really wanted to see it, and guess what? It was "Soko ni Sora ga Aru Kara"! But, the ending of it was different. You see, TV Tokyo just started celebrating its 40th anniversary last week, so the ending has a little 40th Anniversary emblem, so I can tell that this was the ending that went with the episode. Anyways, check it out for yourselves.

So, WHY did they decide to go with the first ending for this episode? It's weird, because this is the first time in any show that I've watched, especially an anime, that's gone back and used an older ending for a newer episode. :o Maybe it's because Ash is especially sad that Misty's gone again, and he needed to turn to Pikachu for comfort, and he needed to sit down and think?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Rocketboy
4th October 2003, 04:27 PM
Does anyone know WHY she left? I saw the pics on Serebii.net but I can't understand what they are are saying and unless she started a blimp company I don't know why she left

Serebii of SPP
5th October 2003, 08:00 AM
Misty was only there due to TR's Scheme to get Togepi.

She is still running the gym because her sisters are unreliable so she has to stay there

Pezz
5th October 2003, 02:02 PM
Well, Misty is my favorite character and I like her just as much as everyone here, but I am glad that she's leaving.

I said before, Misty souldn't go and follow Ash around. She has her own life. She found her niche in life in running that gym. She enjoyed herself and it was something she loved to do and was good at. To take it away from her, just to follow Ash around isn't very fair.

Of course, I'm sad we won't see more of her, and I hope that they have at least one Hoso of her travelling home and catching at least one Hoenn Pokemon.

Zak
5th October 2003, 03:27 PM
Meh, no big deal, look on the bright side: At least we'll most likely be seeing her in Hoso episodes, and let alone as a GYM leader. So we'll see some cool battles, and Hanada, she'll have Horsea with her, and it may evolve :) so you're in high hopes ^_^

The thing is, she should get rid of her ****ty Goldeen, what's the point.... she has a Seaking now, and she never uses Goldeen... maybe it will be like Staryu/Starmie, but still, not much of a point in keeping an unevolved Goldeen over a Seaking...

~Zak

Scuba.Diving
5th October 2003, 05:21 PM
Hum!...

It’s appear to Misty leave, not to return to Cerulean, but to began her journey on the Hoen ligue too... It’s a possible explaination...

I think the writers (Team Ota from Oriental Light Magic Studio to be exact) are planned to give to Misty a new life...

If some people here think Misty’s Boring... Why you can’t said that for Brock? It’s always boring to see the same «love falling»... He don’t have any big role in this serie too... If I make a diagram of the characters importance it’s like this ; Ash, Misty and Brock... So if you may pull ot one of those characters I choose Brock...

In the fact Misty in Japan have much more fans than the others...

OLM, after the first season began to be more meticulousness to produce a coherent serie... See Hoso... That not a coincidence... It’s made to understand the serie... And the AG pokemon serie are very different of the other season...

Now... I think Misty start to began more popular than Ash... And OLM make a action to make more interesting the pokemon serie...

See the large reaction in Japan and in the world when Misty disapear, return and disapear again... OLM can’t erase her forever... She come back... And very soon than you think... :yes:

Remember... Misty are the character who’s have more eplaination about her... Her childwood, her feeling, some love relation with Ash ....

And... Misty cut off her hate for Gyrados... And take one of those strong pokemon with her... For what... She plan to do what with that strong pokemon? Sha have already a little rivality with Ash too (for the pokemon battle)... And she’s a Coach for Ash too!

I think she come again very soon...

Rei_Zero
5th October 2003, 06:50 PM
This subject is on Misty and not Brock. If it was on Brock, I would have gone on an equally long rant. However, Brock has gotten his act together again. I'm not sure that would be possible with Misty since her place really isn't with the group. She wastes her time there. She accomplished more in 4 Hoso episodes then all of Johto and half of Kanto combined. And Misty was not becoming more popular then Ash because she did absolutely nothing. She may have once been more popular, when she still had character within the group, but her abilities changed shape to the mold of the group, which is why Hoso is there, to give Misty and the other characters their own molds.

Light_Togetic
6th October 2003, 12:36 PM
I don't know... I like Misty being in AG, but I also like seeing her as a gym leader. You know, in my opinion, if the writers of the show were dynamic enough, they could use five main characters in the show and still have each of them be an essential part. It has been done before people.

Pokemon yes, is about the little monsters we have gorwn to love, but that is more the game than the anime, and it's also more of a tool used for advertising. The backbone of a television show is the relationships between people, and the development of characters. Without that, the show would be nothing but advertising and Johto fillers... So, in truth, it is just as much about people as it is about pokemon.

By the way, where are all these blimps coming from? I don't live in Japan, so I'm not very versed in what they have there as transportation, but I don't seem to remember ever hearing about a lot of blimps... Perhaps I'm being a little too intense... maybe the blimp thing is merely a tool used in the show to get people somehwere fast...

Scuba.Diving
6th October 2003, 06:57 PM
I’m not agree... Misty do more in all episode since 1998 than Brock... He’s not essential to this serie and HE do nothing...

Misty are more helpful for Ash... And she give much more advices to help him with pokémon... Brock is boring...

Anyway! For my part... I think, the studio OLM give to Misty a new lifle wind...

In the all of characters, the writer give to her a real life explaination, her childwood, her feeling, her love, her chalenge... It’s for that all people like her... She can disapear like that...

It’s can’t be... For sure... We have some news on her very soon! :)

Originally posted by Rei_Zero
This subject is on Misty and not Brock. If it was on Brock, I would have gone on an equally long rant. However, Brock has gotten his act together again. I'm not sure that would be possible with Misty since her place really isn't with the group. She wastes her time there. She accomplished more in 4 Hoso episodes then all of Johto and half of Kanto combined. And Misty was not becoming more popular then Ash because she did absolutely nothing. She may have once been more popular, when she still had character within the group, but her abilities changed shape to the mold of the group, which is why Hoso is there, to give Misty and the other characters their own molds.

Rei_Zero
6th October 2003, 11:48 PM
If they gave Misty new life, it wouldn't be with the group.

Hanada Tattsu
6th October 2003, 11:49 PM
Blimps? No.

Now, in Japan, almost everyone uses the Shinkasen (Bullet Train) when going to work or even school. But people still use cars and bicycles as often as they can. Cars are popular in Tokyo and other large, modern cities like Kobe, Osaka, and Nagoya, but bicycles are more popular in smaller towns like Nagano, Nara, and Kyoto.

Hope I helped. :)

Light_Togetic
7th October 2003, 11:41 AM
Yeah, that's what I thought. Maybe the writers of pokemon just think blimps are cool! I know my brother does...

Erm, I don't really have much more to say on the subject... Misty was just as important to the group as anybody else.

Gravy
7th October 2003, 02:11 PM
Meh...I guess blimps and such are just easier to get around in than areoplanes. It can make stops every so often, whilst a plane can only go from one place to another. Heh...I guess a blimp is like a flying bus in the pokémon universe. :rolleyes:

Meh...I think Misty should have her own mini-series if anything. All these Misty fans and Pokéshippers need it methinks :P

Rei_Zero
7th October 2003, 06:38 PM
Hoso is like a miniseries. Misty does take up a majority of Hoso's episodes. Need I say more? And Misty isn't important in the group anymore because we see no real contribution from her. The most she is is a sideline commenter.

Scuba.Diving
7th October 2003, 07:57 PM
Not agree... But it’s can be better like that... She’s more attractive to fans if people don’t know in advance if she appear in episode for special event...

This can be helpful for the all serie now... To keep fans eyes on TV....

Hoso is like a miniseries. Misty does take up a majority of Hoso's episodes. Need I say more? And Misty isn't important in the group anymore because we see no real contribution from her. The most she is is a sideline commenter.

Blimp? Uh! Zepplin... I can remember if Japan have to use those «ballons» in the history... But for sure that is the European style... I know about Japanese like so much what European does...

Rei_Zero
7th October 2003, 08:40 PM
Those who are Misty fans (most of them) have long left pokemon because Misty wasn't doing anything. Most of those who still cling on aren't fans, they are diehards (sorry Hanada and everyone else).

Scuba.Diving
7th October 2003, 09:22 PM
Well actually... I think the serie are boring... I hope to see new episodes soon to compare... I don’t sure... It can be fun with May and Masanto... But I prefert Misty...

I want to see more pathetic situation, or some Misty and Ash fighting... That cool...

So... If The serie are only with Ash and Brock that can be really boring...

In other way... I see many new couple along the serie, like Kasey and Tsutsani... Maybe one day!!!! (Dreaming!!!) :) :) :)

Those who are Misty fans (most of them) have long left pokemon because Misty wasn't doing anything. Most of those who still cling on aren't fans, they are diehards (sorry Hanada and everyone else).

Entropy
8th October 2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Animelee

Maybe it's because Ash is especially sad that Misty's gone again, and he needed to turn to Pikachu for comfort, and he needed to sit down and think?

*buzzer* No, wrong answer. Apparently, TV Tokyo isn't as festive so they just put up that little Anniversary emblem. You'd think they would do more, but that's all for 40 years? :rolleyes: :P