PDA

View Full Version : Raguraji and hydro pump

Rei_Zero
29th December 2002, 03:07 PM
Since mudkip learns hydro pump if he doesn't evolve will you be able to get hydro pump through move relearner if it is a Raguraji.

Don't Run With Scizors
29th December 2002, 03:45 PM
Afraid not. The Move Maniac only allows you to relearn moves learned by leveling up for that particular Pokémon only, and not preevolutions.

If you want a Hydro Pump Raguraaji with some other Raguraaji moves, you'll have to delay Mudkip's evolution until it learns Hydro Pump, then let it evolve. After that, use the Move Maniac to relearn moves Raguraaji would've missed (e.g. Muddy Stream).

Rei_Zero
29th December 2002, 03:48 PM
Yes, but my stats would probably be lower than usual.

Don't Run With Scizors
29th December 2002, 03:51 PM
What do you mean, "stats will be lower than usual"? Delaying evolution doesn't cause lower stats.

rinku
29th December 2002, 07:05 PM
It does mean that the pokémon will usually have lower actual stats than otherwise while it is levelling up. But once you reach the point where you want to evolve, there shouldn't be any difference between the evolved stats than if you'd evolved it earlier.

*unless*

The new effort value formula somehow takes into account actual stats when working out how many to award.

It'd be interesting to research this, though it'd require a fair bit of "duplicate" play, and would need to be done against fixed opponents (i.e. trainers).

The Muffin Man
29th December 2002, 07:38 PM
It is pure "Wives tale" that your stats will be lower if you hold of evolution. Your initial stat gain is the same, on average. If Mudkip is 16 when you evolve it, and gains 12 attack, but your friend waited until 18, and gained 2 attack per level, he would probably get about 8 attack points, rather than 12, on Average.

In short, the pokemon's personal stats are all that decide how weak or strong it is, as well as stat exp., or pokemon fought.

And you have to have had the chance for the attack once(theoretically. I believe you can learn a lvl 52 Cloyster's level 50 Ice Beam, from Shellder, because you had the chance, just not as Cloyster...but you'd have to have it above 50, lose Spike Cannon, and keep it from learning Ice Beam)