PDA

View Full Version : Winstrate Family! 4 vs 4!

Dragon_Claw
3rd October 2003, 10:40 AM
I just watched a short movie and this is what I saw. This comes from an official site.

First they lay on the ground, and a granna starts talking. Then you see a man, woman and girl. You see May yelling something, and then a bunch off I think wind attacks damaging a Roselia. Must be Beautifly! Then a man with Swellow and Alakazam is shown. Then you see the ever-so-cool Mudkip of Brocks spraying a Zigzagoon with water, and then he gets shocked. Must be the work of Pikachu. then you see a granny putting on a headband and then releasing a Camerupt, with red on the nose. Guess he's blushing. But the Camerupt runs after Pikachu, who is on his turn looking very afraid. A girl winks at Masato, who gets kinda nervous after that. Then the Alakazam does a attack which shoots in the air, and then nothing is seen.

But if Misty left, does this mean Masato gets a pokémon?

[attachment deleted by admin]

AKA Pokemon Fan
3rd October 2003, 12:26 PM
I knew Camerupt would look better in the anime and I was right! One wonders if Ash will be able to find a way to have Pikachu take down the giant Fire/Ground camel. 8)

Light_Togetic
3rd October 2003, 12:47 PM
Heh, how cute, a little girlfriend for Masato! ;)

I don't know about Masato getting a pokemon, but I suppose it could happen.

Camerupt does look much cooler in the anime! I always thought it looked really stupid in the game, but it actually looks quite cool. Hmm, maybe I'll let my Numel on my Ruby game evolve...

Anyway, at least we get to see May battle *resists talking about Misty* and not just do a contest or something. Perhaps her Torchic will get some airtime? I hope so, it hasn't been talked about much since Beautifly came.

Oh yeah, and I wanna see some Mudkip!! ^-^ Yay Mudkip!

Dragon_Claw
3rd October 2003, 12:50 PM
Actually, Light_Togetic, the girl is more Ash's age :o

But I think Beautifly is used, unless Torchic suddenly learned wind attacks. And Mudkip is cool. I didn't get to see Brock, but you saw Mudkip fire a big water gun on Zigzagoon, and then Zigzagoon got shocked (I guess Pikachu)

Chris 2.1
3rd October 2003, 03:00 PM
someone mentoned in another forum Brock lends his Mudkip to Masato so he can battle. I don't know if it's true, though

Hanada Tattsu
4th October 2003, 12:04 AM
*mumbles comments about May under his breath*

This episode would have been so much better with Misty and Ash or Misty and Brock teaming up. I can just see Mudkip and Corsola, or even more hilariously, Lotad and Psyduck? That would be good.

Wow, we see Camerupt and Swellow already, wonder if Taillow would like to evolve?

Animelee
4th October 2003, 12:06 AM
You guys know in RS, the family talks about the son, saying he's the best of the best, and he's even on his way to the Pokemon League, and then you end up fighting him in Victory Road? Isn't that the boy with the Swellow?

Hanada Tattsu
4th October 2003, 12:08 AM
I don't remember, but since the anime doesn't always follow the game, maybe we see Vito Winstrate here, with the rest of his family?

Mikachu Yukitatsu
6th October 2003, 11:49 PM
Hey, thanks for posting this, I just didn't notice it until today! It is great that we always have someone explaining the clip for those who don't have Real Player (our beloved teachers have disabled the ability to install programs) Here's my translation for the preview:

Kachinuki Family! 4 VS 4!

Satoshi and friends have run out of food and they have been wandering the wasteland with their stomachs empty. It is Kachinuki family cultivating new land who saves them from that. The head of that family, Ryoohei, tells them how one starts a harsh journey to become a Pokémon League Champion. Then, all of a sudden, the family decides to teach them 4 VS 4 battling! What will be the conclusion of the battle with the family that is likely to have one idiosyncrasy or another...!?

Kachinuki=Winstrate

Hmmm, I need the English name of this Ryoohei guy, is he the same as Vito?

Hanada Tattsu
6th October 2003, 11:53 PM
I doubt it would be the same guy. The head of the family, at least in Japanese culture, is usually, to my knowledge, the elders. In the game, the grandmother was the strongest battler (well, there at the time, Vito was elsewhere). However, it may be Vito or his dad.

Thanks for posting!

Rei_Zero
7th October 2003, 06:24 PM
Actually, I think it would be quite interesting to see an amateur/beginning trainer teaming up with an expert. Usually, with these kind of situations, the results are quite interesting.

*Murkrow
8th October 2003, 01:47 PM
Well this sounds more interesting every time I hear about it^_^

I'm glad that Camerupt is being shown relatively early-it's a nice novelty Pokémon that I've become rather fond of. I'm also seriously hoping that it uses Eruption 'cos I really want to see what thats like in animé form.
*Imagines the volcanos on Camerupts back exploding and spewing out lava*
Nice.
Though if Pikachu beats it, heads will roll.

As for Swellow, it'd be nice if seeing it made Ash's Taillow want to evolve, but even if it does, I can't see it happening anytime soon. Unless Swellow doesn't really play an important role, it'd be kinda weird having it shown then a few episodes later having one appear again. Kinda like it wasted an appearence, if you get what I mean. Though that might just be me.

I'm also kinda worried about the fact that it's a 4vs4 battle. Unless it's really two 2vs2(which can't really be ruled out 'cos Zigzagoon is seen being hit by a water attack then shocked) then the battles might not be up to a high enough standard, in that four battles in 20 minutes would be a bit hard, not counting Team Rocket's appearence.

Phew, I have no idea why I wrote so much on this:P

AKA Pokemon Fan
9th October 2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Sneasel(h)Obsessive
I'm glad that Camerupt is being shown relatively early-it's a nice novelty Pokémon that I've become rather fond of. I'm also seriously hoping that it uses Eruption 'cos I really want to see what thats like in animé form.
*Imagines the volcanos on Camerupts back exploding and spewing out lava*
Nice.
Though if Pikachu beats it, heads will roll.
Well the preview shows Camerupt to look far better than its in-game self (as is usual for the anime). I don't know if it uses Eruption but the clip does show it roaring in rage, and lava boiling out of its humps before it charges after a terrified Pikachu.

I'm also kinda worried about the fact that it's a 4vs4 battle. Unless it's really two 2vs2(which can't really be ruled out 'cos Zigzagoon is seen being hit by a water attack then shocked) then the battles might not be up to a high enough standard, in that four battles in 20 minutes would be a bit hard, not counting Team Rocket's appearence.

Given that it says they are introducing them to 4 vs. 4 battling I think it must be the one form of battling they haven't shown yet. You see in the game via a link cable you can hook things up to where you battle in 2 vs. 2 mode but each of the four Pokemon on the screen is controlled by a seperate trainer. Thus the trainers have to cooperate as well as the Pokemon.

Nikku-San
9th October 2003, 07:07 AM
I think Mudkip is going to bag the victory this time... Think about it, Water types would have a double strength against Fire/Ground. Not to mention any ground attacks he uses would also be very effective. Mudkip has to beat Camerupt for sure.

have a stammer
9th October 2003, 02:18 PM
funny how opinions can change SO fast. When this ep. title was released along with the previous misty episode's all anyone could talk about was the misty ep. and the Winstrate ep. was "...not interesting" "another filler..." "it sounds dumb" "*YAWN*" plus when almost EVERY ep. title is released and it sounds like a "filler" they label AG to being "....the return of Johto like fillers." This episode always sounded good. 4vs.4 nice.

On another note it has been said that possibely there will be a capture by May next week. The episode is Skitty and Aromatherapy and this ep. was also being called a filler.... people are so quick to judge and shout "FILLER END OF AG BACK TO JOHTO!"

*and no it has not been confirmed 100% that May does catch a skitty.

Zak
9th October 2003, 03:16 PM
Well, from what I see they each have 1 on 1 battles:

Ash VS Mitsuyo, the grandmother (Pikachu VS Camerupt)

May VS Yasue, the mother (Beautifly VS Roselia)

Brock VS Haruhiko, the father (Mudkip VS Zigzagoon)

Max VS Aki, the daughter (Corphish (Ash lets him borrow it) VS Marill)

And... I think Ryoohei is the champion, I dont think anyone battles him, but as far as we know he has Alakazam and a Swellow. Not sure who wins each battle, yet.

~Zak

Animelee
10th October 2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Zak
Well, from what I see they each have 1 on 1 battles:

Ash VS Mitsuyo, the grandmother (Pikachu VS Camerupt)

May VS Yasue, the mother (Beautifly VS Roselia)

Brock VS Haruhiko, the father (Mudkip VS Zigzagoon)

Max VS Aki, the daughter (Corphish (Ash lets him borrow it) VS Marill)

And... I think Ryoohei is the champion, I dont think anyone battles him, but as far as we know he has Alakazam and a Swellow. Not sure who wins each battle, yet.

~Zak

I just watched it, so --

Brock VS Harukiko - ZIGZAGOON
May VS Yasue - BEAUTIFLY
Max VS Aki - CORPHISH
Ash VS Mitsuyo - Incomplete [The Camerpt went crazy and kept using Eruption over and over, because Pikachu did an Iron Tail right in his face.]

Also, it could be that Ash will fight Yohei soon, since Yohei seems to be as determined as Ash, even thought they've never met. Does Ash have a new rival? It seems he may. :D

*Murkrow
11th October 2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Animelee

Ash VS Mitsuyo - Incomplete [The Camerpt went crazy and kept using Eruption over and over, because Pikachu did an Iron Tail right in his face.]

Hey, so Camerupt did use Eruption? Was it anything like I hoped it would be? The exploding volcanoes and lava/fire?

Dragon_Claw
11th October 2003, 03:30 PM
yeah fire shot out of his two holes

Animelee
11th October 2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Sneasel(h)Obsessive
Hey, so Camerupt did use Eruption? Was it anything like I hoped it would be? The exploding volcanoes and lava/fire?

Animelee
11th October 2003, 04:24 PM
:)

Animelee
11th October 2003, 04:25 PM
"Grab the construction hats, family!"

Note: They really had to wear contruction hats. :S

Animelee
11th October 2003, 04:33 PM
Last Eruption picture.

MatthewKetchum037
11th October 2003, 05:05 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa, when did pikachu learn iron tail?

Animelee
11th October 2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by MatthewKetchum037
Whoa, whoa, whoa, when did pikachu learn iron tail?

Ash was trying to teach it to Pikachu without the TM from AG13 to AG16. Pikachu successfully did one in AG14 against Ariados, and then learned to control it in AG16 against Nosepass.

Gaborn
11th October 2003, 05:20 PM
Are you sure that May didn't win her fight? It looked like she did from the screenshots up at Serebii xx;

Animelee
11th October 2003, 05:29 PM
Oops, yeah. ^^; I made a "mental-typo" there, hehe.

*Murkrow
12th October 2003, 01:15 PM
Woah, nice pics^_^ Especially that last one, heh, go Camerupt:P
Yay, this is one ep I can't wait to see now, woah, with this and the Zangoose one coming up, I'm suddenly incredibley lucky:P