PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Format

Razola
3rd October 2003, 11:57 AM
I'm waiting to go to the first Mirrodin draft at my local card shop, but that doesn't start for another 6 hours, so I'm rather bored.

It would be nice if my two boxes of Mirrodin came in, but in the meantime let's have a poll. This is really for playes of any card game, so don't think it's Magic-exclusive.

What's your favorite format? If you aren't up-to-date on the lingo, here is a short dictionary:

Booster Draft: People each get a certain number of boost packs. They all open their packs and then look at the contents. They pick one card from the pack and then pass the cards to the guy beside them. Then they pick a card from this pile of cards and pass it it on. Once all cards have been picked, the next pack is opened. Repeat until no packs remain. Players make decks from the cards they chose and play with them (normally the basic resource cards are in unlimited supply).

Rochester Draft: (I may not be 100% correct on this) Same as Booster, but only one person gets a pack. He opens it, picks a card, and passes it down to the next player. So it's like booster, only there's just one booster pack opened at a time.

Constructed: Players come in with pre-made deck from their collection and plays against another person with his or her own pre-made deck. This has many variations, such as certain cards and card sets not being allowed in decks (like Magic's Type 2 or Pokemon's Modified).

Sealed: Players are given a box of randomly selected cards along with a few boosters packs. They must create a deck using this limited card pool to play with.

Multiplayer: Games with more than 2 players.

Other: Something not listed? Pick this then.

Alec Trevelyan
3rd October 2003, 01:10 PM
i'll do the correction of rochester. Well, it's just like booster draft, the main difference, is that on rochester all the cards of the booster will be visible to all players, and when you pick a card all other players will know what you got. Rochester is a bit harder comparing to booster cuz at the same time you have to make ur stategy u have to pick especific some cards against some guys, k?

I'd rather constructed then sealed/draft , constructed doesnt deppendns much of ur luck, specially cuz i'm not lucky =/

cya :wave: :wave: :wave:

Systematic Revolution
12th October 2003, 06:55 PM
Ahhh, man I gotta go with Sealed. It's always nice to go into a tournament without any of your own cards, and without the worry of having your prize deck stolen. But other than that, I think it's fun to just get a bunch of random c4rp and make a deck out of it. It's more of a challenge.

~SR