PDA

View Full Version : How do you picture stories in your head?

Dragon_Claw
3rd October 2003, 02:00 PM
How do you see stories in your head?

Dragonfree
3rd October 2003, 03:07 PM
Well, I always see pokémon fanfics in 2-D, just like the animé. I imagine The Quest for the Legends like a pokémon movie, complete with the camera perspectives and everything...

Iveechan
3rd October 2003, 08:24 PM
2-D but with really realistic coloring, like computer coloring. But still outlined like a cartoon. They also look like my style of drawing.

The Rusted One
3rd October 2003, 10:06 PM
I couldn't honestly say, actually. I mean, I've imagined my fic (one chapter in length so far...) in both 2-D and 3-D...and other, non pokemon fics I tend to envision in 3-D. But then, I also tend to draw main characters, etc., so that can change.

Azure Pathos-Sketchit
4th October 2003, 07:24 AM
Mostly in 2-D anime style, sometimes in 3-D Gamecube graphics, or like real life. O_o

PancaKe
4th October 2003, 08:20 AM
Mine is in three d. its like its my memories or a movie im watchin, dats how i c it. Its hard 2 explain, but my characters are sometimes like firends. Heck, you know your an obsessive writer if you actually dreama bout your characters. lol I had a dream i went to Lapras Valley High withmy freinds and we ran into Jackie. XD hows that for pathetic!

~Mist

Gavin Luper
4th October 2003, 09:00 AM
At the start of Lisa the Legend, I always saw things in 2D (anime), but once Gavin came into the story, everything kind of moulded into real life and has been liek that ever since. The only conflict I get is when Aipom comes running into a scene ...

Wild Female Machoke
4th October 2003, 03:36 PM
I saw things in 2-D whenever I read a fanfic. Sometimes the characters may be drawn a little differently than in their game or anime series. For instance, for mine the human characters are shown in Capcom-style art (yes, even those like Ash Ketchem.) The Pokémon are still kept in their cute forms, but with some changes.

Chris 2.1
4th October 2003, 06:25 PM
Well, in Pokemon fanfics the Pokemon we see are from the game/anime/pictures, so i'd say FRTC was in 2d, really. Pokemon in 3d look ghay and blocky >_>

Monica's Army...well, the peeps in it were based off real people, sort of, so I imagined this band of VERY strange warriors (beause of their origins in the real world) in 3d, as well as some cities being inspired from cities or towns ive visited abroad.

Captain Pringle
4th October 2003, 06:58 PM
I think TOTALLY in 3-d when writing my trainer fics. I imagine the battles as if they were taking place in real life, and it has made for some really interesting battle strategies.

For The Adventure of Firewood Kethcup, though, I did think in 2-d anime-style.. which is to be expected, since it's directly making fun of the Pokémon anime.

The Prophet
5th October 2003, 06:23 PM
I picture them as anime-style 2-d. All of them, not just trainer fics... heck, even fanfic based on live action movies.

classy_cat18
5th October 2003, 09:06 PM
I see almost all of the characters in anime style. But some of the scenery and the main character is in real-life, so it ends up looking like something from Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Mewfour
5th October 2003, 10:39 PM
Well, since all of my fics have been drawn out at one time or another, I see them in 2D.

mr_pikachu
6th October 2003, 11:24 PM
In my fics (all of which are Pokemon-based), I usually see my characters in 2d, though I can see them turn, and sometimes they are 3d. However, the scenery is always 3d and VERY realistic, at least in my head. This leads to some very interesting descriptions that I had to think of real people to create. :rolleyes: But hey, it works!

Lady Vulpix
4th November 2003, 10:19 AM
Hey, Tara! Don't call me obsessed! :P

I picture them in 3D, and I sometimes imagine other sensory input other than sound and images. I try to imagine what being there feels like.

Royal_Goddess_Tina
6th November 2003, 10:18 AM
I imagine any story that I am creating in 3-D... In my mind it is almost like the story is totally happening in real life... :yes: :wave: