PDA

View Full Version : The Summoners (386 RMT)

Fai D. Flowright
4th October 2003, 12:39 PM
Here's a 386 team that I'm creating based off of the Summon creatures from the .hack games. Each Pokemon chosen was a single type that related to the element of the .hack Summon. Hope you guys can help me finish off this 386 team.

Pokemon: ???
Name: Yarthkins
Attachment:
Ability:
M1:
M2:
M3:
M4:
Nature:
Alt. Nature:

Pokemon: Gorebyss
Name: Merrows
Attachment:
Ability: Swift Swim
M1: Baton Pass
M2: Amnesia
M3: Surf
M4: Barrier
Nature:
Alt. Nature:

Pokemon: Arcanine
Name: Vulcan
Attachment:
Ability: Flash Fire
M1: Curse
M2: Extremespeed
M3: Crunch
M4: Flamethrower
Nature:
Alt. Nature:

Pokemon: Bellossom
Name: Krake
Attachment:
Ability: Chlorophyll
M1: Synthesis
M2: Magical Leaf
M3: Sleep Powder
M4: ???
Nature:
Alt. Nature:

Pokemon: Ampharos
Name: Lanceor
Attachment:
Ability: Static
M1: Thunder Wave
M2: Light Screen
M3: Thunderbolt
M4: Body Slam
Nature:
Alt. Nature:

Pokemon: Umbreon
Name: Wryneck
Attachment:
Ability: Synchronize
M1: Mean Look
M2: Toxic
M3: Confuse Ray
Nature:
Alt. Nature:

I need help in choosing my Ground type. It cannot be a Dual-type Pokemon and cannot be a starter or 00ber. I would also like your opinions on Movesets, Attachments, and Natures. (I like to have the best Nature and the next best Nature for a Pokemon so that I have a little more variety when breeding them.)

Thanks a lot!

Kyl3
4th October 2003, 01:01 PM
Dugtrio :yes:

Togetic
4th October 2003, 01:06 PM
Well Imma try to help you with this but... Im not too good at it... Here goes...

Gorebyss (Modest) @Petaya Berry (Increases Sp. Att. when HP is low)
Moveset:
Agility/Psychic
Baton Pass
Surf
Amnesia

I find this set works good with a Gorebyss I trained once...

Arcanine (Timid) @Leftovers (Give him the Intimidate Ability)
Moveset:
Flamethrower
ExtremeSpeed
Crunch
SafeGurad/Agility

This should work... I never really used Arcanine before...

Bellossom (Modest) @Salac Berry (Increases Speed with HP is low)
Moveset:
Magical Leaf
MoonLight
Swords Dance
Sludge Bomb

This really works... I love this moveset for Bellosom... this is what my Bellossom uses and she basically unbeatable :D

Ampharos (Modest) @Leftovers
Moveset:
Thunderbolt
ThunderWave/Focus Punch
Return
Light Screen

This set works on my Ampharos...Make sure it really likes you... If not then drop Return and put in Body Slam...

Umbreon (Bold) @Shell Bell/Leftovers
Moveset:
Toxic
Confuse Ray
Mean Look/Faint Attack
Baton Pass

One of my favorite Pokemon ever... So many possibilities for moveset... This is just one... There are lots out there... I love Umbreon...

As your last Pokemon you could use Togetic!!!
Togetic (Adamant) Leichi Berry (Give her the Hustle Ability)
Moveset:
Aerial Ace (STAB)
Return (STAB)
Wish (A Must)
Sweet Kiss/Light Screen/Reflect/Fly

I was kiding... But you could use me... Im like the greatest... But if you dont want to... :( :mad: then you could always use Shedinja or Ninjask

Shedinga (Adamant) Focus Band
Moveset:
Shadow Ball
Swords Dance
Confuse Ray
Silver Wind

Great Moveset I love it... Really works

Ninjask (Adamant) @Leftovers
Moveset:
Swords Dance
Agility/Aerial Ace
Silver Wind
Baton Pass

Agility is there just incase... But its not realy necessary with his Ability (Speed Boost) Hes a great Baton Passer...

Well I hope I helped a little... LoL... Togetic would be the best choice though... ;)

Togetic
4th October 2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Whiteangel

I need help in choosing my Ground type. It cannot be a Dual-type Pokemon and cannot be a starter or 00ber. I would also like your opinions on Movesets, Attachments, and Natures. (I like to have the best Nature and the next best Nature for a Pokemon so that I have a little more variety when breeding them.)

Thanks a lot!

You needed a ground type... I almost forgot..You could always go with Sandslash... Hez really really good cuz he gets Swords Dance witch increases attack...

Sandslash (Adamant) Leichi Berry
Moveset:
Swords Dance
Rock Slide
EarthQuake
Brick Break

There I hope I helped...

Fai D. Flowright
4th October 2003, 01:56 PM
Thanks, Togetic! You've helped me quite a bit! You've given me some idea that I can incorporate into this team. My first topic on this was a bomb and nobody posted, but no I have something to go off of, finally. Yeah, I was pulled between using Sandslash, Donphan, and Dugtrio. That helped me decide!

Also, if anyone has any comments on replacing someone, I'm open to suggestions. Just remember this stuff when giving the Pokemon:
No Legendaries or starters
Mono-type Pokemon only, must be either Ground, Water, Fire, Grass, Electric, or Dark type, respectively.
There is no third requirement! ^_^;
Can't wait to hear more responces!

Iveechan
4th October 2003, 02:37 PM
Dugtrio has arena trap I've heard. You can trap annoying electric types on the switch in :D

Dugtrio, arena trap, some berry with a weird name:
-EQ
-R-Slide (egg move I think)
-Return
-Um???

Since Dugtrio has no staying power and massive speed, then make it adamant and max out attack and speed stats. Final move can be hidden power physical (I like Fighting myself since that type can cover a lot of types, but I'll leave that to the experts).

Togetic
4th October 2003, 02:42 PM
Glad to be of service... It always a pleasure...You see.. Who sed flying eggs were dumb? ;)

Fai D. Flowright
4th October 2003, 03:45 PM
Thanks, Ivee! I'll take that into consideration too. BTW, do you know if a Pokemon can Baton Pass out of an Arena Trap? I was curious becuase I know there are some Baton Passers that are packed with support moves but 1/no contact attacks. I would be able to throw Dug in and keep them from Passing, but only if that's possible.

I, for one, have never said that flying eggs were dumb. I used to have a pretty good Togetic on one of my teams, but I don't really remember it that well. (stats-wise, that is)

Kyl3
4th October 2003, 03:56 PM
I think so.

Togetic
4th October 2003, 04:44 PM
Yea I agree with X1337... I think you can baton pass out of arena and and shadow tag and mean look as well... But if you see any real danger then take Dugtrio out... I mean if a Blastoise is Baton Passed into the Battle ur not gonna leave in your Dugtrio no matter how fast, or how strong or how offensive it is... Its all by type disadvantage my friend...

Fai D. Flowright
4th October 2003, 06:50 PM
Yep! Trust me, I know all about type advantages and disadvantages in battle. I was just curious on how Baton Pass operated. Thanks for all your help so far, and thank you Togetic for getting a little more in depth on what X1337 was saying. (didn't get his post at all! XP)

Misty
4th October 2003, 09:01 PM
You cannot baton pass shadow tag or arena trap or magnet pull ;/ but you can baton pass mean look and spider web. I should assume you can bp block, but i know of nothing that can.

Standard Dugtrio is Earthquake/Rock Slide/Sludge Bomb/filler @Choice Band, it's essentially a cleaner...

Gorebyss should only have Amnesia or Barrier imo, you're wasting your moveslots... just go with Surf/Ice Beam/(Amnesia/Barrier)/Baton Pass...

For Bellossom I recommend Sunny Day, so you can replace magical leaf(which sucks) with the doubly powerful solarbeam. it also boosts synthesis.

Ampharos... it doesn't have a very good movepool, but might benefit from focus punch over body slam for switch-ins, never tested though... also Reflect could be a useful choice, particularly since amphy has good defensive stats for an electric...

Umbreon isn't that great ;/ it's slow and evs hurt its tankishness. I'd use Houndoom, but you said no duals, so whatever ;x you're pretty much stuck with Umbreon, Mightyena(good uu), or Absol(also good uu)... Meh, whatever. I'd try Charm/Toxic/Taunt/Rest @Lum Berry(for using Synchronize)... Mean Look isn't needed since Toxic no longer gets ruined by switching out... also Metagross rapes 99% of Umbreons, so fear ;x

Fai D. Flowright
5th October 2003, 12:01 AM
You cannot baton pass shadow tag or arena trap or magnet pull ;/ but you can baton pass mean look and spider web. I should assume you can bp block, but i know of nothing that can.

I was asking if the opponent could Baton Pass OUT OF Arena Trap. I know that Pokemon can't BP abilities.

Standard Dugtrio is Earthquake/Rock Slide/Sludge Bomb/filler @Choice Band, it's essentially a cleaner...

I think I'll be going with either Sand or Dug, since no one seems to have a moveset and info for Don. BTW Misty, I'm not good at the choosing a "filler." Could you give me a specific move or 2 that would work well there? Could you include a Nature, too?

Gorebyss should only have Amnesia or Barrier imo, you're wasting your moveslots... just go with Surf/Ice Beam/(Amnesia/Barrier)/Baton Pass...

That sounds pretty good! I think I may use that, that is, unless someone has something else to comment about on it. But again, can you give me at least one Nature for it?

For Bellossom I recommend Sunny Day, so you can replace magical leaf(which sucks) with the doubly powerful solarbeam. it also boosts synthesis.

I didn't think that it was a good idea to put SD on a Grass-type Pokemon. True, I'm not going to leave a Grass out against a Fire-type, but as soon as I put Bell out and use SD, I'm sure they would already have a Fire waiting for me.

Ampharos... it doesn't have a very good movepool, but might benefit from focus punch over body slam for switch-ins, never tested though... also Reflect could be a useful choice, particularly since amphy has good defensive stats for an electric...

That makes sense. I'm just going to assume this, but his other two moves are usually TWave and TBolt, stuck with 2 other moves that work well with him?

Umbreon isn't that great ;/ it's slow and evs hurt its tankishness. I'd use Houndoom, but you said no duals, so whatever ;x you're pretty much stuck with Umbreon, Mightyena(good uu), or Absol(also good uu)... Meh, whatever. I'd try Charm/Toxic/Taunt/Rest @Lum Berry(for using Synchronize)... Mean Look isn't needed since Toxic no longer gets ruined by switching out... also Metagross rapes 99% of Umbreons, so fear ;x

Because I've not memorized the new moves yet, could someone explain to me what Charm/Toxic/Taunt/Rest is supposed to do? BTW, if Might or Absol are better, could you include movesets and stuff for them? And how does Metagross rape Umbreon so well. I could understand that a couple of Shadow Balls might do it but... I just doesn't make sense to me...

HedgeCat
5th October 2003, 12:16 AM
Charm - lowers opponent's attack
Toxic - poisons
Taunt - forgot. =/
Rest - Sleeps and heals.

My favourite Umbreon annoyer is Mean Look/Toxic/Baton Pass/Bite. Works nicely.

Fai D. Flowright
5th October 2003, 12:46 AM
I know what they all do (except Taunt, lol). I wanted to know how they interact and work together in battle. I used to use a BPing Umbreon: @Brightpowder DT/BP/ML/FA (IIRC). I loved it! It kicked everythings butt combined with my @Leftovers Fly/Sub/DE/MM Pidgeot. This time I thought I'd try using a Toxic Trapping technique, ('cause I have Gore to BP) but I guess that cracked after GSC.

Next chance I get, I'll re-post my team with all their new updates!

Togetic
5th October 2003, 09:05 AM
Taunt forces the foe to use attack (not defensive) moves for current and next turn... In other words you can only use Taunt on your Togetic :D ... she can only use Aerial Ace And Return... But she can't use Wish or Sweet Kiss cuz they don't deal damage... Get it? I hope so...

About the natures... I thot I posted some but Ill post them agen...

Gorebyss gets the Modest Nature (Low Attack, High Special Attack).. Since Gorebyss only has Special Type attacks (Ice Beam, Surf)... You should really boost its special attack out of anything else... you could also give it the Brave nature, which increases its defence, the Calm nature which increases its Special Defense, or the Timid nature which increases its Speed... But Id go with Modest... I think its the best choice on her...

Bellossom should also get the Modest nature... Many would disagree but let me explain why... Bellossom, through Breeding, can get Swords Dance which sharly increases its attack... so that could be very useful if you use the following moveset... Magical Leaf/Synthesis,Moonlight/Swords Dance/Sludge Bomb... that works good... Thats what my Bellossom has... Now you could always use the Modest nature and use what Misty said... A moveset with SolarBeam/Synthesis/Sunny Day/Filler?(Maybe SludgeBomb or one of the Grass Powders)... Hope that helped...

Ampharos should get the Timid Nature (Up Speed, Minus Attack) and Max out this speed... or go with Modest to and max out his special attack. And you could use this moveset ThuderWave/ThunderBolt/FocusPunch,BodySlam,Return/Light Screen,Reflect,SafeGuard,Charge...

Umbreon... I think the Timid Nature is also good here... But maybe you should consider another Dark Pokemon... I mean I Umbreon... He was on alot of my teams too but... How about Absol... He has good attack and special attack stats... heres what I use on him ... Toxic/CalmMind/Swords Dance/Baton Pass... This works well to support your whole team... If you want to boost one of your Pokemons attack use swords dance two times or three and then baton pass it to that pokemon... Same with Calm Mind... I think Absol is the better choice here...

Arcanine... Modest Agen... Cuz it has only special moves and Extreme speed doesn't need a lot of power cuz thats just there to finish off the opponent... Am I wrong? Modest will be good for Flamethrower and Crunch and I think you should put Agility on him... I really do... Make him really fast...

I dont know which Ground type ur going with (Sandslash or Dugtrio) but whatever the case make them Adamant (Up Attack, Minus Special Attack)... Thats the best choide for them... or Jolly (Up Speed, Minus Special Attack) I hope I helped... and their movesets are already posted... Good luck on ur team... Seems really good so far... And you know what I noticed... You did the same thing I did... you only used one R/S pokemon and the rest are oldies... LoL... Thats good though... you should always use ur favorites...

Misty
5th October 2003, 01:54 PM
umbreon works like this: use taunt to prevent boosting or status, toxic to deal damage, charm to sap the power of attacking pokemon(salamence, gyarados, etc), then rest to regain health.

charm doesn't work on metagross because of clear body(prevents stat loss), taunt doesn't mean much because meta is going to be attacking anyway, and toxic doesn't affect it because it's steel... also umbreon can't attack worth beans and hence metagross just laughs at any attacks...

as for Absol and Mightyena, Absol is an all-out sweeper, 130 base attack and swords dance is unmatched by all but Scizor and Rhydon... and Mightyena gets the Indimidate ability, and if you concentrate nature and eps on SD, you can have a good defensive pokemon with moderate attacking ability. Unfortunately, Absol's a bit slow and Mightyena isn't quite strong enough when compared to the current metagame, but playing uu or against friends they're fairly reliable bets.

Don't even bother with Amphy's speed, it's a slowass no matter what, modest is good, max special attack is good, and put the rest in defenses(or even attack if you use body slam/focus punch)

You CAN BP out of trapping abilities, McGraw uses a Jolteon with Baton Pass for no other reason than it can escape Duggy.

Dugtrio should ALWAYS be Jolly with max speed EPs, and max at EPs too... Dugtrio needs every bit of speed it can get... You might even invest a bit of time in getting good Speed IVs, it's really worth it...

Sunny Day can work on Grass types if used properly, also I note that Bellossom gets the ability Chlorophyll, which doubles speed in sunshine... if you're still worried, you could go Flash Fire on Arcanine, and switch it into Fire attacks, then own away.

Fai D. Flowright
17th October 2003, 07:41 PM
Here's an update on my team. I've added in some of thge comments given to to me, but I'm still going to need a few more to finish up the changes to Pokemon that I made that I didn't get any advice/comments for. Absol is one; I decided to go with him instead because Umbreon was getting a little old for me. I wanted to try something new! ^_^ So here's the new shtuff!

Pokemon: Dugtrio
Name: Yarthkins
Attachment: Choice Band
Ability: Arena Trap
M1: Earthquake
M2: Rock Slide
M3: Sludge Bomb
Nature: Jolly
Alt. Nature: Hasty/Adamant

Pokemon: Gorebyss
Name: Merrows
Attachment: Petaya Berry
Ability: Swift Swim
M1: Baton Pass
M2: Amnesia/Barrier
M3: Surf
M4: Ice Beam
Nature: Modest
Alt. Nature: Brave/Calm/Timid

Pokemon: Arcanine
Name: Vulcan
Attachment: Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
M1: Agility/Safeguard
M2: Extremespeed
M3: Crunch
M4: Flamethrower
Nature: Timid
Alt. Nature: Modest

Pokemon: Bellossom
Name: Krake
Attachment: ???
Ability: Chlorophyll
M1: Synthesis
M2: Solar Beam
M3: Sleep Powder/???
M4: Sunny Day
Nature: Modest
Alt. Nature: Quiet

Pokemon: Ampharos
Name: Lanceor
Attachment: Leftovers
Ability: Static
M1: Thunder Wave
M2: Light Screen/Reflect
M3: Thunderbolt
M4: Body Slam
Nature: Modest Quiet
Alt. Nature: Quiet

Pokemon: Absol
Name: Wryneck
Attachment: ???
Ability: Pressure
M1: Swords Dance
M2: Shadow Ball
M3: HP Flying
M4: Return
Nature: ???
Alt. Nature: ???

Basically, anything there that has "???" is something I'm not sure completely on. I'll need the most help there. I think I like everything else the way it is now. The only other thing I need help on is EV's. I'm not very good at them because I'm new to the concept still.

Thanks for all your help so far! I hope this team can go all the way through to being actually created.

Fai D. Flowright
19th October 2003, 02:41 PM
I made some edits to my current team. (I checked out Misty's topic on standards and updated Absol)

I still need help in those areas that still have "???" next to them. Thanks! ^_^

Riven
22nd October 2003, 01:50 AM
Gorebyss? What the hell is a Gorebyss?

Fai D. Flowright
22nd October 2003, 06:28 AM
It looks like this: http://www.pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs178.png

Gorebyss is obtained by trading a Clampearl with a DeepSeaScale attached. It kicks butt as a BPer due to its number of stat enhancing abilities it can learn. (Of course, it just falls short of Ninjask!)

And Please, If you're not going to help with my team, don't post a message like that. It's considered SPAM...