PDA

View Full Version : Attempt at an original(?) Machamp movset (don't hurt me)

Nace
4th October 2003, 05:32 PM
Will this moveset work in any way, shape or form?

-Rock Slide
-Revenge
-Scary Face
-Encore

The idea being that you lower their speed so you can encore them (making revenge more powerful, what with you knowing if they'll attack or not) and/or make them flinch with rock slide.

Tallest_Los
4th October 2003, 05:41 PM
Not bad, though I don't like the idea of having to take lots of damage before you can hurt your opponent.

soggy_cardboard
4th October 2003, 06:52 PM
it will work, as long as the opponent doesn't have any psychics/ psy attacks = X(

Misty
4th October 2003, 08:24 PM
cross chop is better than revenge ;/ and encorechamp sucks, after you scary face and encore you're probably already dead :x

titandude21
4th October 2003, 11:36 PM
scary face/revenge kinda conflicts w/ each other (not really but revenge does attack last)... revenge/encore works when your opp uses a damaging attack, which means you'll take quite a bit of damage. scary face's effect is negated with a simple switch. the moveset seems logical, but it wouldn't really work in a competitive battle. points for originality though.

as for me, i'd try (non-original):
EQ/Chesto Rest
Bulk Up/Chesto Rest
Rock Slide/Chesto Rest/Filler
Low Kick

Low Kick's acc is raised to 100% in R/S, and I think Machamp's weight makes its low kick have 100 BP (150 w/ STAB). Chesto rest can fit in anywhere, filler if the other moves aren't working.

MetalScyther
4th October 2003, 11:44 PM
Hey don't make fun of encore machamp it can encore marowak swords dance in GSC wtfz!

For the set, ingame it could work. I agree with what misty said: machamp won't be staying out 3 turns in a row to set that all up, just use crosschop.

Nace
5th October 2003, 01:36 AM
So, what does everyone suggest in the way of moves? (no earthquake, tho 'cos I'm outta TMs :P )

Misty
5th October 2003, 01:34 PM
my current sexy machamp is Bulk Up/Rest/Cross Chop/Rock Slide.

Perfect Chaos
5th October 2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by titandude21
scary face/revenge kinda conflicts w/ each other (not really but revenge does attack last)... revenge/encore works when your opp uses a damaging attack, which means you'll take quite a bit of damage. scary face's effect is negated with a simple switch. the moveset seems logical, but it wouldn't really work in a competitive battle. points for originality though.

as for me, i'd try (non-original):
EQ/Chesto Rest
Bulk Up/Chesto Rest
Rock Slide/Chesto Rest/Filler
Low Kick

Low Kick's acc is raised to 100% in R/S, and I think Machamp's weight makes its low kick have 100 BP (150 w/ STAB). Chesto rest can fit in anywhere, filler if the other moves aren't working.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that Low Kick's power increases the heavier the OPPOSING Pokemon is. Just my little 2 cents

-$∑@π

Kyl3
5th October 2003, 04:27 PM
You're 100 % correct.

Gligar_Man
5th October 2003, 04:37 PM
cross chop is still better in most scenarios

titandude21
5th October 2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Perfect Chaos
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that Low Kick's power increases the heavier the OPPOSING Pokemon is. Just my little 2 cents

-$∑@π

whoops, my mistake. i guess i spent my 2 cents somewhere else.

Myth
6th October 2003, 05:25 AM
Machamp won't survive, good concept thought, congratz ^_^

BulkUp,CrossChop/BrickBreak,RockSlide,Rest/LightScreen IMo..

Counter,BulkUp,CrossChop,RockSlide~Salac ...may want to try the salac/counter combo I am unsure if it works..

Misty
6th October 2003, 08:56 AM
Machamp is too slow to use salac effectively... just don't bother with speed...