PDA

View Full Version : A possible reason why the oldies are here

EspeonGuy
29th December 2002, 05:41 PM
I have a possible reason why the oldies are here.

You see, they're surely gonna make another GBA Pokemon game. I could bet. so if they release more of old pokes, this makes chance for..

trading them back in sort of a time capsule!!!!

yes, we'd be able to trade in our R/S goodies to the next gen games, and vice versa! if they release new Pokes in the next gen, I think they'll be like in GSC and RBY. we could not trade them back if they'd be new or with new moves which are possible to be in the next gen games too. Makes the thing with the unobtainables clearer aint it? :) *hope hope*

SilverPersian
29th December 2002, 05:55 PM
This is what I am hoping for. If I need to buy a gamecube to get a persian on my gameboy I will be angry.

*shakes fist at nintendo*

rinku
29th December 2002, 05:59 PM
If this is what is planned to happen (and I count it fairly likely), you *won't* need to buy a gamecube to get pokémon #203+ on your ruby or sapphire cart. All you'll need is being able to trade with someone who does have a gamecube and the hypothetical new game. Once they have been legitimately added to a person's cart they should be able to be traded and bred as normal.

Trading has always been essential to "get them all".

°Shiny Scizor°
29th December 2002, 06:09 PM
Nintendo better make a GCN game... *POW* Hehe. Yeah, I think they will make one, and, like, have contests and Cups like normal, and ya win a bunch of em. Maybe even Mew/Mewtwo if you beat it all. =D

Edit-Dang I need to spell. lol bunch was buck, will was wull, and even was aven. XD Oh and Maybe was maybe. Caps.

Don't Run With Scizors
29th December 2002, 06:26 PM
Likely reason why you can't trade back for many of the old Pokémon: the metagame.

Let's see what you could get if you could trade back...

- Dragon Dance Tyranitar
- Heal Bell\Softboiled Blissey
- Heal Bell\Milk Drink Miltank
- Belly Drum Boomanda
- Sleep Talk (insert RBYGSC Pokémon here)
- Curselax (or again, insert any RBYGSC Pokémon here)

Eh, if I had Meowth346's list up, I could find a lot more, but anyway...

If you take a look at the Heal Bellers\Aroma Therapy users catchable in RuSa, you see that none of them have any really decent staying power. In GSC, whole teams were built around Miltank or Blissey, because they were Heal Bellers with awesome staying power. You could just keep Resting up while you sent in the Heal Beller to pick up the pieces, without risking losing your Heal Beller too much because it had such excellent staying power. Now, you have to be extra careful, because today's Heal Bellers are fragile.

As for Curse... well, at least it isn't learned by EVERYBODY now. There's still Build Up, but nobody that can totally own with it learns it now... Kekkingu's lazy, Heracross is weak to Flying. Plus, remember the Cursing Pseudohazers that could keep the stat boosts to themselves while blowing everybody else out? Roar and Whirlwind no longer do that; if you try to pit one Roar against another Roar (or any other pseudohazing move), they both fail now.

rinku
29th December 2002, 06:57 PM
Yup. I'd agree that a minor reason for no interaction between the GBA carts and the older ones is to allow them to reset the move mixes.

Mostly, though it would have been to allow the new games to start from scratch across the board, particularly to avoid side effects from trading back and forth between generations, with all the new individual stats. Simpler to start afresh.