PDA

View Full Version : ~二ame才 Expedia contest - call for workers! (J. A.)



Lady Vulpix
7th October 2003, 05:34 PM
Would you like to be a worker at Expedia (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21467)? If so, now is your chance!

I hope this doesn't make aspirants back off, but I must wanr you it's a hard task. If you want to participate, you must be willing to be active, dedicate time to writing updates and cooperating with the other workers. Having AIM will help, though it's not a requisite.

The contest will consist of 3 steps.

1. You sign up making a "first post" as if you were playing Expedia for the first time: post the island you want to go to, the transprot you want to take, the 2 pokemon who will go with you and, to make things faster, the location you want to go to once you're on the island. (As in the real game, you can choose among the Island of Mist, Dragonair Island, Innocence Island or Art Island).

2. Once we've decided there are enough signups, we'll give each of you another person to update for. You'll have to make a detailed update for the person who was assigned to you, considering what that person chose to do when s/he signed up. If you have questions about how to do this, you can ask me or Jay (or Tyler if you can find him on). You should also think of a plan for that person that exceeds your current update (what could/should happen to that person in the near future) but not post it.

3. We will rotate the players assigned for each contestant. Now you must tell the next person what your plans are for the player you've previously updated for, and you'll also receive the plans for someone else. Now each of you will update for your new player, following the lines determined by the plans the last person gave you.

After all 3 steps are complete, the current workers will determine the winner, who will be added to our ranks. Just one note: don't sign up if you've already reached the Island of Dreams, as being a worker would spoil the fun for you if you have.

Sign-ups begin... Now! Good luck and have fun! :wave:

Pikachu101
7th October 2003, 07:19 PM
Yay first entry! Maybe now I'll get an update at expedia..

Hi I'll Take the Swimming Snorlax to the Art Isle. Once there I'l go along R. 31 (The Aricu River). Hermione (Blissey F L12) and Ronhorn (Rhyhorn M L12) will be with me.

Discoth廦ue
7th October 2003, 07:36 PM
Hrm...

I'll head to Innocence Island by the means of Fire & Ice. On my journey, I'll take along Hawkmoon [Murkrow, F, Lv9] and Whistler [Doduo, M, Lv11].

aragornbird
7th October 2003, 07:52 PM
Yay, I've always wanted to be the worker of some place!

Hi, I would like to travel to Art Island using the Chikorita Slingshot. I will take Galenia [lv. 18 Female Pidgeot] and Xero [lv. 15 Male Scyther]. Once there, I will walk into the Forest along Route 31.

Everoy
7th October 2003, 09:00 PM
I'd like to take Aya, my adopted Poliwag, and Sniper, my captured Sneasel, with me to Art Island.

Oh, and using Rolling Azumarril.

Jay
8th October 2003, 10:02 AM
Oh!! A contest, fantastic. I think I'll join =)

I would like to head to Innocence Island with Fire & Ice please with just my captured Flygon, Faith (M, L26) for now. Thanks!

I hope I win. :)

Pichu
8th October 2003, 10:52 AM
Whatever... I don't think it hurts. =P

I'm going to Island of Mist ... via ... *looks at other peoples post* ... no one used Torkoal's "Magic Carpet" so I'll use that. =)

I shall take my two Expedian Pok幦on... Cynda and Picha.

Pok幦on:

Cynda (Cyndaquil M L.15)
>>Trait: Blaze (When HP is less than 33%, Fire attacks deal 50% more damage.)
>>Moves: Crush Claw, Tackle, Leer, Smokescreen
>>Nature: Adamant

Picha (Pikachu F L.14)
>>Trait: Static(The opponent has a 30% chance of being induced with PARALYE when using a direct attack against this Pok幦on.)
>>Moves: Surf, Charge, Thundershock, Growl, Tail Whip, Thunderwave
>>Nature: Modest

Pack 5 food units, 5 Pok嶮olls, Element Emerald
CCP: 200

Lady Vulpix
8th October 2003, 01:38 PM
Hey, Jay! You can't win. You're already a worker. :P

DarkPrincess
8th October 2003, 08:07 PM
Oooo...

I'll go to Dragonair Island by means of Circle of Unown and I'll just take my captured Dratini, Mystic with me. [Lv8, Female]

Lady Vulpix
9th October 2003, 10:41 AM
Alright, the first step is complete!
Pikachu101 and aragornbird get an extra point for following all the instructions correctly (the others forgot to say which location inside the island they wanted to go to, and will have to say that on their post after the first update).

For the 2nd step, each of you will have to post an update for another player, and then make your own post after someone has updated for you.

Pikachu101 will update for Cyndaquil.
Discoth廦ue will update for aragornbird.
aragornbird will update for Parsec's Politoed.
Parsec's Politoed will update for Pikachu101.
Cyndaquil will update for DarkPrincess.
DarkPrincess will update for Discoth廦ue.

Thank the dice (http://forboards.tripod.com/Dice.html) for the pairings. :D

Get writing and good luck!

Note: the first 2 people to post their updates will get an extra point.

Pichu
10th October 2003, 01:11 PM
DarkPrincess - Welcome to Expedia!

You stand on the sand of Welcome Beach. No one came to greet you and all seems gloomy, you decide to head to a nearby house that says 'Info'. You see a guy wearing an uniform that looks like to be a hotel receptionist. The guy, without saying a thing, hands over a voting paper. Without thinking, you decide to travel to Dragonair Island by Circle of Unown. He then smiles and points you to a chamber filled with weird hieroglyphs. Suddenly, the guy shuts the door and locks you in! Before you can move, thousands of unowns circle around you in a wave pattern. They came to you slow at first, then they gain speed. You then see nothing and hear an echo that seems to be emitted far away. The next thing you knew is that you black out. x.x;;

When you wake up, you found lying on a beach. You examine your surroundings and you find yourself in front of many mountains. About few paces in front of you stands a store. It seems that the store has been abandoned for a long time and it seems dark inside. Over and above the mountains seems foggy. You quickly recognize that must be one of the hot springs of Dragonair Island!

Where will you go now? Head to Route 23, Route 27, over or into the mountains or the store, or something else.

Everoy
10th October 2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Pikachu101
Yay first entry! Maybe now I'll get an update at expedia..

Hi I'll Take the Swimming Snorlax to the Art Isle. Once there I'l go along R. 31 (The Aricu River). Hermione (Blissey F L12) and Ronhorn (Rhyhorn M L12) will be with me.

A Snorlax runs out of a nearby patch of trees. It hops in the water and paddles you to Art Beach. There, you, Hermione, and Ronhorn walk along the Aricu River. It is somewhat uneventful until, all of a sudden, a group made up of 5 Poliwags, 2 Poliwhirls, a Poliwrath, and a Politoed hop out of the river! The Poliwags get scared and jump back into the river.

Will you battle the Poli's, keep walking, or hop into the river?

Pikachu101
10th October 2003, 05:04 PM
Cyndaquil - Welcome to Expedia! (And you don't have the Element Emerald yet, nice try!)

You wash up on the shores of Welcome Beach and get the forboding feeling that the Rest of the Maiden Isles might not be so welcome.... Walking on, you see a Torkoal with a weird rug, and next to him are Picha and Cynda! Picha motions to you to get on the rug and hold on! You can see the Isle of Mist ahead and then nothing...

You wake up with C+P and look around, The scheming little Torkoal dumped you! You can see a Blizzard mounting ahead, and you can make out a Route in the distance, by it a sign that reads R. 59 - The beach - Ice Store. You can also see a little mountain in the distance. So where to? Back to the beach?, Route 59?, The Mountain? or somewhere else? And please Cyndaquil, don't pull any plot changes on me or anyone else.

Me - A Snorlax runs out of a nearby patch of trees. It hops in the water and paddles you to Art Beach. There, you, Hermione, and Ronhorn walk along the Aricu River. It is somewhat uneventful until, all of a sudden, a group made up of 5 Poliwags, 2 Poliwhirls, a Poliwrath, and a Politoed hop out of the river! The Poliwags get scared and jump back into the river.

Area: Art, Aricu River
Pokes: Hermione (Blissey F L12) and Ronhorn (Rhyhorn L12 M)
Food: 5
Dolls: 5
Pack: None

I'll try to persaude them to let us past, if not Hermione, use a Blizzard to blind them, then make a Substute to distract them, and then Run past them!

aragornbird
10th October 2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Parsec's Politoed
I'd like to take Aya, my adopted Poliwag, and Sniper, my captured Sneasel, with me to Art Island.

Oh, and using Rolling Azumarril.

Welcome to Expedia, PP!

As you stand on the wooden dock and look out onto the ocean, you can think of nothing more relaxing than the scene before you. The sun is high above the downy white clouds, which glide slowly along the crisp, blue sky. The white wings of a sailboat drifts leisurely along the water in the distance, but you shift your eyes past it and towards the thin horizon line that separates the deep blue waters from the sky above.
Any minute now your ride will come churning through those waves, so you take this time to check up on your items, particularly your two Pokemon, Aya and Sniper. They seem to be securely fastened on your belt and as you take a quick glance back out at sea again, you spot a peculiar shape coming towards you. At last, your ride has arrived. The Azumarill rolls up before you and jumps onto the dock, shaking itself dry, though it will soon be wet again. The Pokemon is trailing a yellow inflatable raft behind and you immediately hop on it, eager to start your journey. The Azumarril gives you a questioning look, and you nod your head.
Suddenly, the raft givens a sharp lurch as the Azumarill curls into a ball and dives back into the water. Some of it splashes onto your face, but before you can wipe the salty wetness off, the Pokemon instantly rolls through the sea. It is extremely swift, even though it has to pull a humans weight along, and as you rush past the many boats towards your destination, you feel a sudden surge of excitement, the excitement that only a traveler could feel when he is about to begin an adventure.
It is not long before you spot the dim shape of Art Island coming up on the horizon. Eventually, you find yourself in shallow water and the Azumarill slows down its pace as it spins up the sandy beaches of the island. You step upon the soft sand and thank the Azumarill for the service. It responds with a farewell salute and curls up and rolls back into the water, hoping to serve another potential costumer.
You turn around and examine your surroundings. You are faced with several options:

Head on over to the store for a quick purchase, take Route 31 along the Aricu River, trek along the same Route into the forest, or something else?

DarkPrincess
11th October 2003, 02:55 PM
Discoth廦ue:
Welcome to Expedia :)

You prepare your newly awaited journey by summoning upon the will of Fire & Ice to take you away to Innocence Island. Hawkmoon sits herself on your shoulder while Whistler stays close to you. As you stand on the beach of Mistonnence Dragart, you hear a gentle cry in the air and it echos peacefully. Suddenly, the mystical bird, Articuno, flies overhead and uses her (yes, it's a girl here :P ) Ice Beam to freeze the water in front of you. Feeling in a happy mood, you and your birds slide on the ice, giggling insane. Another screech whispers among the wind. The gorgeous fire bird, Moltres flies behind you to burn the ice that was left. After a fun time of sliding on ice and admiring the mysterious birds, you fall on the beach of Innocence Island and is welcomed by a mouth full of sand. The birds fly away. After you're done wipping your face, you notice something odd...

...a single Delibird is cackling insane while pecking at a hurt Bulbasaur. The poor little bulb is trying its best to fight off the crazed Delibird, but it is failing. The Delibird uses its bag as a pillow to thwap around the Bulbasaur.

What will you do? Help the Bulbasaur or ask the Delibird why is it attacking the Bulbasaur or will you leave them alone?

Everoy
11th October 2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by aragornbird
Welcome to Expedia, PP!

As you stand on the wooden dock and look out onto the ocean, you can think of nothing more relaxing than the scene before you. The sun is high above the downy white clouds, which glide slowly along the crisp, blue sky. The white wings of a sailboat drifts leisurely along the water in the distance, but you shift your eyes past it and towards the thin horizon line that separates the deep blue waters from the sky above.
Any minute now your ride will come churning through those waves, so you take this time to check up on your items, particularly your two Pokemon, Aya and Sniper. They seem to be securely fastened on your belt and as you take a quick glance back out at sea again, you spot a peculiar shape coming towards you. At last, your ride has arrived. The Azumarill rolls up before you and jumps onto the dock, shaking itself dry, though it will soon be wet again. The Pokemon is trailing a yellow inflatable raft behind and you immediately hop on it, eager to start your journey. The Azumarril gives you a questioning look, and you nod your head.
Suddenly, the raft givens a sharp lurch as the Azumarill curls into a ball and dives back into the water. Some of it splashes onto your face, but before you can wipe the salty wetness off, the Pokemon instantly rolls through the sea. It is extremely swift, even though it has to pull a humans weight along, and as you rush past the many boats towards your destination, you feel a sudden surge of excitement, the excitement that only a traveler could feel when he is about to begin an adventure.
It is not long before you spot the dim shape of Art Island coming up on the horizon. Eventually, you find yourself in shallow water and the Azumarill slows down its pace as it spins up the sandy beaches of the island. You step upon the soft sand and thank the Azumarill for the service. It responds with a farewell salute and curls up and rolls back into the water, hoping to serve another potential costumer.
You turn around and examine your surroundings. You are faced with several options:

Head on over to the store for a quick purchase, take Route 31 along the Aricu River, trek along the same Route into the forest, or something else?

Island ~ Art Island
Place ~ Art Beach
Pokemon ~
Aya (Poliwag F Level 7)
Sniper (Sneasel M Level 11)
PokeFood ~ 5
PokeDolls ~ 5
Pack ~ None

I will walk along the Aricu River.

Discoth廦ue
11th October 2003, 06:54 PM
Aragornbird

Hello, and hope you have fun at Expedia.

Shuffling your feet in the warm sand, you await the one whom will take you to where you want to go. For just a few more passing moments, you hear waves crashing onto the shore and don't even notice a small Chikorita, gazing up quizically at you. "Oh, hello."

Suddenly, vines shoot out of her neck and wave in the air for a few seconds, then wrap around you and she tosses you as far as she can! Somewhat terrified at this point, your Pokemon follow swiftly after you. Just so happens you land safely, as do your Pokemon, whom crowd around you and await to see what you'll do.

Glancing around, it doesn't take long for you to stand up and begin walking, directly into the thick brush of a forest. Within the trees, something rustles quietly, catching your attention. Desperately you look around, though you do not see anything.

"Why, hello." a soft, airy voice calls to you, followed by a slight chuckle.

What will you do now? Attempt to find the voice, continue on in the forest, or something else?

Pikachu101
11th October 2003, 07:34 PM
Hey, PP you don't update me twice man, read the rules.

Everoy
11th October 2003, 07:37 PM
*is very stupid*

Lady Vulpix
12th October 2003, 08:21 AM
Everyone's updated! :D
Now finish posting for yourselves so that the pairings for the 3rd step can be made, please.

Discoth廦ue
12th October 2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by DarkPrincess
Discoth廦ue:
Welcome to Expedia :)

You prepare your newly awaited journey by summoning upon the will of Fire & Ice to take you away to Innocence Island. Hawkmoon sits herself on your shoulder while Whistler stays close to you. As you stand on the beach of Mistonnence Dragart, you hear a gentle cry in the air and it echos peacefully. Suddenly, the mystical bird, Articuno, flies overhead and uses her (yes, it's a girl here :P ) Ice Beam to freeze the water in front of you. Feeling in a happy mood, you and your birds slide on the ice, giggling insane. Another screech whispers among the wind. The gorgeous fire bird, Moltres flies behind you to burn the ice that was left. After a fun time of sliding on ice and admiring the mysterious birds, you fall on the beach of Innocence Island and is welcomed by a mouth full of sand. The birds fly away. After you're done wipping your face, you notice something odd...

...a single Delibird is cackling insane while pecking at a hurt Bulbasaur. The poor little bulb is trying its best to fight off the crazed Delibird, but it is failing. The Delibird uses its bag as a pillow to thwap around the Bulbasaur.

What will you do? Help the Bulbasaur or ask the Delibird why is it attacking the Bulbasaur or will you leave them alone?

-
Area: Beach, Innocence Island
Food, Pokedolls: 5, 5
CCPs: 0
Stamps: 0
Pokemon: Whistler [Doduo, M, Lv11] ~ Hawkmoon [Murkrow, F, Lv9]
-
I'll attempt to distract the Delibird with a Pokedoll, having Hawkmoon grab it in her claws and fly away, dropping it somewhere in the forest - if the Delibird is following her. If it pays no attention, I'll take the doll back and then have Whistler use Aerial Ace in attempt to scare it off.

DarkPrincess
12th October 2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Cyndaquil
DarkPrincess - Welcome to Expedia!

You stand on the sand of Welcome Beach. No one came to greet you and all seems gloomy, you decide to head to a nearby house that says 'Info'. You see a guy wearing an uniform that looks like to be a hotel receptionist. The guy, without saying a thing, hands over a voting paper. Without thinking, you decide to travel to Dragonair Island by Circle of Unown. He then smiles and points you to a chamber filled with weird hieroglyphs. Suddenly, the guy shuts the door and locks you in! Before you can move, thousands of unowns circle around you in a wave pattern. They came to you slow at first, then they gain speed. You then see nothing and hear an echo that seems to be emitted far away. The next thing you knew is that you black out. x.x;;

When you wake up, you found lying on a beach. You examine your surroundings and you find yourself in front of many mountains. About few paces in front of you stands a store. It seems that the store has been abandoned for a long time and it seems dark inside. Over and above the mountains seems foggy. You quickly recognize that must be one of the hot springs of Dragonair Island!

Where will you go now? Head to Route 23, Route 27, over or into the mountains or the store, or something else.



Pok幦on: Anyanka [Lv8 Female Dratini]
Items: n/a
Food: 5
Pok嶮olls: 5
Location: Beach
Island: Dragonair

I'll head down to Route 23.

Everoy
12th October 2003, 02:46 PM
Um... I really would like an update at Expedia.

Lady Vulpix
12th October 2003, 05:29 PM
You've taken longer to post than we've taken to update. We're doing this whole thing to get a new worker so that we can update faster, so ceasing your complaints would be a good idea.

aragornbird
12th October 2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Discotheque

Aragornbird

Hello, and hope you have fun at Expedia.

Shuffling your feet in the warm sand, you await the one whom will take you to where you want to go. For just a few more passing moments, you hear waves crashing onto the shore and don't even notice a small Chikorita, gazing up quizically at you. "Oh, hello."

Suddenly, vines shoot out of her neck and wave in the air for a few seconds, then wrap around you and she tosses you as far as she can! Somewhat terrified at this point, your Pokemon follow swiftly after you. Just so happens you land safely, as do your Pokemon, whom crowd around you and await to see what you'll do.

Glancing around, it doesn't take long for you to stand up and begin walking, directly into the thick brush of a forest. Within the trees, something rustles quietly, catching your attention. Desperately you look around, though you do not see anything.

"Why, hello." a soft, airy voice calls to you, followed by a slight chuckle.

What will you do now? Attempt to find the voice, continue on in the forest, or something else?

Location: Forest, Art Island
Items: None
Food: 5
Pok嶮olls: 5
Pokemon: Galenia (LV. 18 Female Pidgeot), Xero (LV. 15 Male Scyther)

I'll try to step cautiously towards the source of the voice and sneak a peek at what is calling to me.

Jay
13th October 2003, 01:23 PM
I'm just spamming up the place, aren't I? :/

I hope you're able to pick the new worker by yourself, Gabi, and at this rate you might need to alter to 2. From the looks of things, that may be easier.

:)

Lady Vulpix
13th October 2003, 01:33 PM
Thanks for all your help, Jay. I can't think of anything more to say than I've said to you on AIM, so... I hope everything goes well for you. If you decide to return, you will be welcome.

As for whether to incorporate 1 new worker or 2, I'll consult Tyler. So far, 3 of the contestants are doing quite well. (If Tom doesn't reply in 24 hours time, he'll be out of the contest).

Everoy
13th October 2003, 04:57 PM
Eh, I can read your mind and you're thinking that I'm not trying hard enough...

Lady Vulpix
14th October 2003, 06:49 PM
Cyndaquil has been disqualified for not responding in time.

Step 3 has begun!

Pikachu101 will update for aragornbird.
Discoth廦ue will update for Parsec's Politoed.
aragornbird will update for DarkPrincess.
Parsec's Politoed will update for Discoth廦ue.
DarkPrincess will update for Pikachu101.

Everyone, make sure your plans for the person you updated for on step 2 make their way to the player who has to update for that person. Good luck on the 3rd and final step of this contest!

Everoy
14th October 2003, 07:58 PM
Discoth廦ue
You give a Pokedoll to Hawkmoon and he takes off, with the Pokedoll in her talons. But the Delibird isnt distracted-its angered that you thought you could distract it, and chucks Presents at Hawkmoon, and runs for it! One of the presents hits the Murkrow, and she starts to fall into the trees! You and Whisler sprint into the forest. You hear Hawkmoon hit something! You look around and see bushes to your left and trees to your right rustling, and your hear something on the trail ahead of you.

Are you going to check for Hawkmoon in the trees, the bushes, or the trail ahead, or will you search for pokemon to help you, or something else?

Pichu
15th October 2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Lady Vulpix
Cyndaquil has been disqualified for not responding in time.


LoL... that's fine...Anyway, I was overloaded with 'stuff' for the entire weekend. ^_^;

Lady Vulpix
15th October 2003, 11:16 AM
Oh, sorry about that. So was I, actually. But I came on every now and then to see how things were going.
Well, I hope you keep enjoying the game. And good luck with your stuff!

Pikachu101
15th October 2003, 06:31 PM
LOTRflier (aragornbird)

You continue to search for the voice through the forest. It is rough going as you continue through the maze of trees and roots, Xero at your side and Galenia on your shoulder. You can here sounds of the forest as you trek along, then suddenly, a weird sound, nothing!!! You are startled and trip over a root...

You come to as Xero helps you up, and the three of see the oddest thing, a Ghost Articuno!?!?!? "Heeelllooo..." it says in a scratchy voice. "Heeelppp meeee, my threeeee frieeennnds arrre missssing, fiiinnnddd theeeemm. You look at it extremely perplexed, Its friends? Galenia whispers something in your ear "I think there are more things like it in this forest."

So now what? Ask Articuno more questions? Ignore it and move on? Something else?

DarkPrincess
17th October 2003, 04:24 PM
Pikachu101

You approach the two Poliwhirl, Politoed and Poliwrath slowly. They stand their ground and watch you. Your Blissey and Rhyhorn are preparing for attacks just in case.

"Can I get past?" you ask them.
"I'm afraid this path is closed." said the Poliwrath.
"I need to go down this path," you say again.

The Poliwhirls, Politoed and Poliwrath shake their heads. Before you can tell Hermonie and Ronhorn what to do, a black Scyther swoops down and slashes at you and your Pok幦on. The Poliwrath aims a Water Gun at the Scyther and it flies away. The Poliwhirls, Politoed and Poliwrath all sigh in relief.

"Go find the young ones. Make sure they are okay," you hear the Poliwrath orders the Poliwhirls and Politoed.

After they leave, the Poliwrath helps you, Hermonie and Ronhorn to your feet.

"Those Scythers have been very nasty lately. That is why this path is closed. We don't want any of our travelers to get hurt." the Poliwrath says.

Then, he rubs his chin. He appears to be thinking about something.

"Maybe we can help each other out," the Poliwrath says.
"What do you mean?" you asked him.
"Well, the Scythers have been a real problem lately and of course, trainers need to go down this path for their quests. How about I guide you through the path and we can take care of our Scyther problem. What do you say?"

Do you accept? Do you recline? Will you just turn the other way and try to find another way or something else?

aragornbird
17th October 2003, 04:26 PM
DarkPrincess

After you have decided that you've examined your surroundings enough, you choose Route 23 as your next destination. The majestic mountains looming up ahead make for a wonderful scenic view and you wish that you had brought a camera, but there is no time for idle thoughts now. You walk along the sandy dirt path while continuing to look around you. But there is no sight except for the blue ocean behind you and the mountain chain ahead. It is also unusually silent, the only sounds that you can hear is the distant roar of the ocean and the crunch of your shoes as you trudge along the path.
No sooner have you walked a few feet along Route 23 than a sharp piercing cry reaches your ears. It startles you, making your heart jump, and you almost fall over in fright, but you quickly regain control of yourself. You clamp your hands over your ears to lessen the volume of the shriek and look around for the source of the noise. Up towards your left, behind an old gray boulder, is the faint outline of a Larvitar! The pudgy Pokemon seems to be using Screech, but it is not meaning to attack, in fact, it seems to be crying!

What will you do? Try and see what is wrong with the Larvitar, ignore it and continue on, or do something else?

Discoth廦ue
17th October 2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Parsec's Politoed

Discoth廦ue
You give a Pokedoll to Hawkmoon and he takes off, with the Pokedoll in her talons. But the Delibird isnt distracted-its angered that you thought you could distract it, and chucks Presents at Hawkmoon, and runs for it! One of the presents hits the Murkrow, and she starts to fall into the trees! You and Whisler sprint into the forest. You hear Hawkmoon hit something! You look around and see bushes to your left and trees to your right rustling, and your hear something on the trail ahead of you.

Are you going to check for Hawkmoon in the trees, the bushes, or the trail ahead, or will you search for pokemon to help you, or something else?

Parsec's Politoed, I checked with Rachel, and she hadn't sent you the plans for my update whenever you posted this. O_o

And Gabi, I'm still waiting for my plans, and I'll post as soon as I do. xD;

Everoy
17th October 2003, 04:37 PM
Ah. I didn't see that part.

Discotheque ~ You give a pokedoll to Hawkmoon, and he takes off. The crazed Delibird ignores Hawkmoon, and he makes a loud annoying sound, summoning a swarm of more Delibirds gone crazy! The largest Delibird starts to fly into the air, and flies straight into Hawkmoon! Hawkmoon dives torward you, and when she's about to land, she barely misses your head!!! The Bulbasaur gets up, and walks over to you. He joins you to battle the Delibirds, which total about 5 regular ones and the large one.

Your team:
Whistler (Doduo M)
Level 11
Characteristic ? (You know...)
HP 35
Attack 30
Defense 21
Speed 28
Special Attack 19
Special Defense 19
Moves: Peck, Growl, Pursuit, Egg Moves/TMs

Hawkmoon (Murkrow F)
Level 9
Characteristic Insomnia
HP 35
Attack 25
Defense 18
Speed 27
Special Attack 25
Special Defense 18
Moves: Peck, Astonish, Egg Moves/TMs

Bulbasaur (M)
Level 13
Characteristic Fresh Verdure
HP 42
Attack 25
Defense 25
Speed 24
Special Attack 30
Special Defense 30
Moves: Tackle, Growl, Leech Seed, Vine Whip, Safeguard (Egg Move)

Delibirds

5 Regular Delibirds (All M)
Level 12 (All)
Characteristic Hustle
HP 40
Attack 25
Defense 23
Speed 30
Special Attack 28
Special Defense 23
Moves: (All) Present

Large Delibird (F)
Level 15
Characteristic Hustle
HP 47
Attack 30
Defense 27
Speed 36
Special Attack 33
Special Defense 27
Moves: Present

(Erk... That took 15 minutes, first to find the link to the stat calculator, then to Psypoke to get characteristics and moves... Then to type everything 0.0)

Lady Vulpix
22nd October 2003, 08:35 AM
Ok, everyone, we'll have a decision soon. I have a final task for 4 of you.
Aragornbird, if you've sent Amanda your plans, please post here within the next 24 hours stating what those plans were.
Amanda, please post an update within the next 24 hours, whether you have received the plans or not.
Pikachu101, please post the plans Amanda sent you.
Rachel, please explain why you included legendaries in your first update.

After all of you have completed your respective tasks, one or 2 winner(s) will be elected.

aragornbird
22nd October 2003, 05:39 PM
Whoops, I almost forgot about sending her the plans. I hope it's not too late now.

Here's the PM I sent her anyways:


Whoops, sorry about the delay, Amanda, but I couldn't use the internet all weekend and I basically forgot about this. :(

Anyways, since you're updating for PP, have him get to the River, where everything looks calm and peaceful, and have a Marill running out and diving into the water because something is chasing it. The chaser can be anything you want.

Okay, thanks!

Discoth廦ue
22nd October 2003, 05:47 PM
Parsec's Politoed

Quietly making your way towards the river, the sloshing of gentle waves is basically the only sound in the area, and nothing else is in sight. However, that quickly changes. Beside of you, the bushes rustle, first softly and then as if in a violent struggle of some sort.

Rushing out is a small Marill, scurrying away as quickly as she can, squeaking furiously and little ears pinned against her head. Interested, you watch her for a few moments, wondering what she could possibly be doing.

The bushes continue their mad rustling, and you now direct your attention to it. Soon enough, you notice what the aqua mouse was so scared of - pouncing out with a snarl, a Zangoose glances around, then notice the Marill running and takes off after it.

What will you do now? Help the Marill, calm the two Pokemon to learn what's going on, continue on, or something else?

Pikachu101
22nd October 2003, 06:24 PM
From the PM of disco

Whenever Aragornbird finds the voice, he'll come across the Articuno Spectre, whom states that it lost three spirits in the forest, which Aragornbird must retrieve for it.

Lady Vulpix
24th October 2003, 09:42 AM
Thanks for posting, I'll have the results soon. I'm waiting to hear from Tyler, because 3 of you are close and he should have a say.

Lady Vulpix
26th October 2003, 08:47 AM
Well, Tyler hasn't replied, but it's been too long and we really do need new workers, so I'll pick all 3.

Congratulations to Pikachu101, aragornbird and Discoth廦ue, the new Expedia workers!

I'm arranging everything with Amanda, so aragornbird and Pikachu101, please send me a PM with an e-mail account you use (preferrably from Yahoo), and an AIM account you use, if you have one.

I hope you enjoy working at Expedia. Please remember to check the plans for everyone, and communicate your plans to the others after each update.

To everyone, thanks for participating. :)

Everoy
27th October 2003, 09:45 AM
I bet I would have gotten it if I made an effort in Part 2. I think If it only depended on Part 3 then I might have won...

Oh well.