PDA

View Full Version : True Understanding - From a Pichu's POV

Lightning
29th December 2002, 07:43 PM
Um.. I've decided to post a fic. o_O; I got the idea for it and I've actually decided to post it somewhere (unlike most of my other work >_<). Anyways.. I thought up the idea in the car on the way home from Niagra Falls the other day. XP It's kinda fun to write, so I hope in enjoy reading it.. ^^;;

True Understanding
Chapter 1
I looked at my distorted reflection in the cool pond’s water. I splashed some water on my face, hoping to clear my head. I blinked as my plain face came back into view through the ripples. Had I really just run away? It seemed so hard to believe. I sighed and tried to push the tuft of hair, which always stood up on one side of my forehead, down. It flipped back up to its original position. I hit my reflection.

“No wonder they don’t want me,” I said aloud to myself. I sat back, resting on my arms and looked at the clouds. “I’m not special, I have no interesting talents, and I’m a freak.” I blinked hard, promising myself not to cry. I took in all recollection of the morning and tried to piece it together.

I was walking through my home forest, alone, as usual. I came across a clearing where a boy with a large Pokémon, a Growlithe, was attacking a little Caterpie. The Caterpie lay on the ground breathing weakly when the boy shouted, “Pokéball, go!” He threw a round sphere-like contraption which sucked the Caterpie into it. It wiggled around. The Caterpie never came out. I panicked and ran back home where I told the rest of the colony what I’d seen. No one believed me. You see, our colony has been secluded from almost all contact with other species for many, many years. Only a few Raichu have seen what they called a human, in our territory. Since I am just a young, inexperienced Pichu, why should I have seen something that only the elders have?

I was called a liar and everyone made fun of the story I’d made up. I mean, it did seem very unbelievable. A sphere called a “pokéball” that eats up a Pokémon? How could I even understand the boy’s words? Everyone knew that Pokémon and humans had uncompatible languages. All the others made fun of me even more so than usual. I’m a runt. That can’t be helped, but I would never lie! What I saw was real, and I was sure of it. So, doing the only logical thing possible, I ran away. I hoped I’d never see any of them again.

That brought me to this pond which lay far from the boundaries of our colony’s territory. I’d never been this far out, and it excited me to believe that I was on my own in a brand new place now. I should tell you a bit about myself. I’m a Pichu, the runt of the pack, as I’ve already said. My mother mysteriously disappeared a few months ago and I never knew my father. I look normal except for a small tuft of fur near my ears. No one seems to like that. They make fun of me because I look just a little bit different, which I don’t think is fair at all. If only they knew what I thought of them!

Well, anyway, I stood up quickly and continued on my way. I wasn’t sure where I was going or what I would do when I got there, but as long as I stayed on track, I would find my way. As I trotted on all fours, I took in all the scenery. Things were a little bit different. The berries on the trees weren’t the same colour as they were at home. I wasn’t sure if they were edible or not. I wandered on completely oblivious to anything that may be watching me until...

WHAM! I was hit from behind. I got up quickly and turned around to face my attacker. My cheeks burned with electricity as I looked up. It was a large Houndoom. I yelped in terror as it took a step forward. It pulled its head back and I saw a sparkling flame flicker in the back of its throat. It smirked and looked back at me, its mouth filled with fire. My eyes widened. There was no way I could get away from this. I should have stayed home, any humiliation was better than this. Everything seemed to happen in slow motion. The Houndoom roared and a giant red, orange, and yellow ball of flame was hurtled at me. I watched it come closer until I felt a sharp pain in the back of my head. My stomach flipped and everything went black.

I came to inside a weird room of some sort. It was filled with big rectangular things in which I could see my reflection, but it didn’t look like water. I touched one of them, and it started to glow every colour. All of them did until they disappeared and my surroundings changed to a small section of forest. It was lush and green. Where was I? Was I dead? I had a slight headache, but other than that I was fine. Shouldn’t I have been burned? There were so many questions zooming through my head. I sat against a tree and looked up at the sky. There was only black. No stars or anything. Maybe I was dead. It would probably be for the best anyways. I was about to believe myself when I heard someone shout, “Pichu, come out!”

There was a blinding flash of white light. Once I regained my sight, I realized that I was out of the small room and back in the real world. A human girl stood in front of me. I was in a large grassy field. The grass was tall and it looked easy to hide in. It was the kind that the other Pikachu at home used to love playing hide and seek in. I wondered if I should run away when the girl started to speak.

“I don’t know if you can understand me, but my name is Kayley. I’m sorry I captured you, but there wasn’t really anything else I could do. The Houndoom is gone now,” She seemed a little bit hyperactive, but her intentions seemed for the best. “If you want, I can release you now. You don’t have to stay with me because you seem young. I can help you find your family.”

Yes. She did seem nice. She wanted to help me go back and it seemed like she wouldn’t leave my side until I was safe at home. Home... ironic isn’t it? The place you should always be welcomed, didn’t seem welcoming anymore. I wasn’t sure what to do. Maybe I should stay with her. Kayley seemed nice enough and it wasn’t as if I wanted to go home anyways. It would probably do me some good to tag along with her. Wait.. I could understand her. That’s twice I’ve known what a human was saying. Was something wrong with me or was I just imagining it? If I could understand her, then maybe, just maybe, she could understand me.

“I’d rather stay with you.. I don’t think my colony wants me anymore,” I said. She looked at me quizzically. Did she comprehend what I was trying to say? She bent down and patted me on the head carefully.

“I don’t know what you just said, but I have a feeling that I know. Do you want to come along with me?” She asked. Okay, one thing was cleared up. She didn’t understand my words, yet she understood my meaning. There seemed to be a connection between us. I jumped up and down to signify that her guess was correct. She smiled and stood up. Now that I had stepped closer, I realized how much larger than me she was at full height. It was sort of intimidating, but I still felt as though I could trust her and I felt safe.

Before I knew what had happened, I was engulfed in a red light. I felt dizzy for a moment as I was sucked back into the room with the water-like reflecting things. They sparkled again and I was in the little forest again, although it was a bit different than before. I decided not to care and I settled beside a rock and a large tree for a long, well-deserved nap.
--------------------------------------------

Okay. So I really, really suck at ending chapters and whatnot. XD I think I used the word "but" too many times in it, too. o_O

Bai,
Lightning

Heavenly Sage HLSOE
29th December 2002, 08:51 PM
The ficcy occurs too fast dude, slow down !:) But I like the POV, its interesting!

Ultra_Poke2000
30th December 2002, 05:11 PM
kool. this fic has a lot of potential, especialy since not many fics have it all from a pokemon's POV. keep posting updates!
:D

Lightning
31st December 2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Heavenly Sage HLSOE

The ficcy occurs too fast dude, slow down !:) But I like the POV, its interesting!

^_^; I know.. I was originally just going to have a very, very short fic. As in.. 4-6 chapters. o_O; But then I decided that I wanted a longer one about half way through the chapter.. ^_^; Besides.. I can't help but get anxious to go fast ._.;;

:o I guess I'll write more..

Bai,
Lightning

Shadowed Mewtwo
31st December 2002, 11:08 AM
It's a little fast, but super cute! I love Pichus with tufts! ^-^ Great idea for a fanfic!

Ultra_Poke2000
7th January 2003, 06:08 PM
plz take no offence at what im about to say.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!! ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrew
7th January 2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Ultra_Poke2000
plz take no offence at what im about to say.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!! ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know Ultra Poke, that's quite rude, after all writers do have lives outside of TPM and that takes precedence over writing. I for one know the stresses of school, life and TPM and if one aspect becomes too stressful its rather distressful.

The fact is that writers here only have a limited time on the computers due to many different facts and they can only write when they can so pressuring them may lead to a "Snappage" of people. Like Growlithe Trainer with his Sixteen Roads to Victory. So don't really do this ok dude?:wave:

Ultra_Poke2000
7th January 2003, 07:51 PM
k. sorry. *sulks* ;_; its just that i was kinda stressed out at the moment like you said and went "crazy" for a while. had no control over what i said or did. its never happened to me b4, but i have had extreme self control with my self over the years with younger siblings, evil ppl at school(enemies(non-friends)), parents, etc... so i can understand. sorry once again for the outburst. i feel much better now.