PDA

View Full Version : RMT [368 Team]

Warahyuu
20th October 2003, 09:43 PM
This is my first attempt at a 368 team. This is my first draft so I am willing to replace pokemon but don't tell me to replace something just because it's overused. I don't have must experience with the 368 metagame.

Forretress
Ability: Sturdy
Item: Focus Band/Leftovers
~ Spikes
~ Reflect/Earthquake
~ Explosion
~ Rapid Spin
EVs: 252 Def/252 Sp.Def/6 Atk/Hp
Personality: Impish [+Def, -Sp.Atk]

My Spiker. I can't decide whether to give it reflect for p-passing or earthquake.

Blaziken
Ability: Blaze
Item: Choice Band/Leftovers
~ Overheat
~ Earthquake
~ Rock Slide
~ Brick Break
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Speed/6 Hp
Personality: Naive [+Speed, -Sp.Def]

I can't decide whether to make it a choice bander. He makes a fine sweeper.

Gengar
Ability: Levitate
Item: Lum Berry
~ Haze/Thunderbolt
~ Psychic/Haze
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Destiny Bond
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk/252 Speed/6 Hp
Personality:Bold [+Def, -Atk]

I might need a hazer so I went with gengar. now that he has levitate, it gets rid of that nasty ground weakness. I can't decide what to replace for haze. Gengar is very fast so destiny bond is quite good on it. Will-O-Wisp is just to annoy them. Gengar is mainly here because I might need a hazer. If there is a better hazer, let me know.

Blissey
Ability: Natural Cure/Serene Grace
Item: Leftovers
~ Ice Beam
~ Softboiled
~ Calm Mind/Light Screen
~ Aromatherapy
EVs: 252 Hp/252 Sp.Def/6 Sp.Atk
Personality: Calm [+Sp.Def, -Atk]

One of the most hated pokemon from GSC is back on my team. I most likely will go with light screen over calm mind. I can't decide on which ability. My Aromatherapist. It sounds cooler than heal beller.

Metagross
Ability: Clear Body
Item: Chesto Berry
~ Earthquake
~ Rest
~ Shadow Ball
~ Meteor Mash
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Sp.Def/6 Def
Personality: Adament [+Atk, -Sp.Atk]

Physical sweeper. Rest is for recovery.

Suicune
Ability: Pressure
Item: Leftovers
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam
~ Rest
~ Calm Mind
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk/252 Def/6 Sp.Def
Personality: Modest [+Sp.Atk, -Atk]

Calm Mind suicune... so evil :D

Tallest_Los
21st October 2003, 10:05 AM
I don't see any problems with your team at all except that it's really unoriginal and you use some of the Pokemon I hate most (Calm Mind Blissey and Calm Mind Suicune, Metagross), but still, it all comes down to personal prefrence, and I don't see anything wrong with your movesets. 8/10, but only because I'm bias.

Warahyuu
21st October 2003, 10:53 AM
thanks. anyone with suggestions? I still have alot of unsure movesets

Gloom Guy
21st October 2003, 12:55 PM
The team isn't bad, but I have a few sugestions...

Forretress could definitely take more use out of Earthquake than Reflect for Magnetons with Magnet Pull. Counter is also a good option for choice banders like Heracross & Aerodactyl if you wanna fit that in the moveset somewhere. Explosion is good & all, but I find with it's lack of speed that it becomes hard to pull off.

Blissey should use Calm Mind over Light Screen. She needs it to boost Ice Beam & Light Screen isn't useful yet until we find out if Blissey gets Counter back again through the fire red/ leaf green TMs. Use the Serence Grace ability especially since you have Aromatherapy in the moveset. This will make Ice Beam have a 20% freezing rate.

Blaziken doesn't have too much need for Earthquake... You can use Bulk Up in it's place, but either set is pretty standard.

Gengar is a fun poke. Will-O-Wisp conflicts with Destiny Bond as it cuts the enemy's attack in half. I see the following moveset as most effective on Gengar:
Haze/ Mean Look
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Destiny Bond
(Give it a speed boosting personality & max out speed/ special attack)

Hope this helps!

Warahyuu
21st October 2003, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I was wondering, should I try an endure+salac+reversal blaziken?

I still think light screen would be better on blissey because it has bad defence. Mostly i would just send it out to use aromatherapy and then switch. I could pass on light screen then too.

I see your point about will-o-wisp. i'll replace it.

Misty
21st October 2003, 01:45 PM
gloom guy needs an education on the use of blissey, apparently ;(

natural cure > serene grace for one reason: it makes blissey virtually indestructible. aromatherapy/heal bell won't stop toxickers, toxic has twice the pp of at/hb and a lot of teams will have 2-3 toxickers, and some will have even more. also, at won't save you from frz, which ****s everything up.

as for the mechanics of attacking with blissey... don't. the only attack move worth using is ice beam, so you can defeat duggy, who tends to hack blissey ;( and calm mind isn't needed to boost that, it's a ohko with a couple evs. otherwise, attacking with blissey is virtually worthless.

also it should be noted that light screen is EXCELLENT on blissey, since most likely blissey will be coming in for one turn and switching out of the almost certain physical attacker ;( in that time you can either waste a calm mind or set up a useful light screen.

also, blissey should ALWAYS have toxic, thank you ;( put it over aromatherapy, bellresting is useless in rs and wisp/toxic will be rather meaningless to you. that gives you softboiled/toxic/ice beam/light screen, a very good annoyer blissey that will seriously piss off a lot of saers. as for evs and ****, go with just enough sa to beat duggy with beam(i'll do the numbers later) and put the rest into hp and sd, you don't need attack and speed, and unless you're a serious nub(or masochist) blissey won't face any physical attackers anyway...

also suicune DEMANDS ROAR >:O with spikes support, roar suicune is a ****ing WHORE, which gm has proven and hence pushed through rsbot 386 play. i like surf/toxic/roar/rest, gm likes surf/calm mind/roar/rest, some use surf/toxic/calm mind/roar, to each his own ;(

blaziken can do fine with bulk up, doesn't need choice band, bulk up/rock slide/brick break/overheat is sexy kthx.

otherwise it's pretty much good and standard, aside from that fact that you have no clue how to do evs ;( oh well.

Gloom Guy
21st October 2003, 01:58 PM
Warahyuu...
Light Screen doubles Blissey's special defense, not her regular defense which is the actual very high especially with that HP to back it up.
Reflect is the one that doubles her defense. Reflect could be useful, but still you're not gonna want to send Blissey in agianst a heavy attacker, she's more for use against pure special attackers like Alakazam/ special attacking Salamence & the like.

EDIT: Misty, thanks for the info. I obviously need to refresh my Metagame study. Apprently some things have developed that I haven't totally absorbed yet. Also, special attacking Salamence can be destroyed by Ice Beam on Blissey as well.