PDA

View Full Version : The Light & the Dark Ver. 2

Dark-San
20th October 2003, 10:42 PM
4 Light Monsters
2 Dimension Girl
1 Blade Knight
1 Rocket Soldier (Good weapon to use against Injection Fairy Lily)

5 Dark Monsters
1 Witch of Black Forest
1 Sankan
1 Magic Breaker
1 Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer
1 Jinzo

2 Earth Monsters
1 Fiber Jar
1 Injection Fairy Lily

2 Water Monsters
1 Sinister Serpent
1 Virus

2 Special Summoned Monsters
1 Chaos Soldier
1 Chaos Emperor Dragon

Total: 15

20 Magic
1 Pot of Greed
1 Graceful Charity
1 Mirage of Nightmare
1 Painful Choice
3 MST
1 Harpie Feather
1 Heavy Storm
1 Raigeki
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn
1 Premature Burial
1 Change of Heart
1 Snatch Steal
1 Delinquent Duo
1 Confiscation
1 The Forceful Sentry
1 Swords of Revealing
1 GREAT SWORD OF VIOLATION - BAOU*

6 Traps
2 Torrential Tribute
1 Imperial Order
1 Mirror Force
1 Call of the Haunted
1 Ring of Destruction

*Translation:
GREAT SWORD OF VIOLATION - BAOU
Equipment Magic
Discard 1 card from your hand to Equip. Increase the Equipped
Monster's attack strength by 500. If the Equipped Monster
destroys an opponent's Monster as a result of Battle and sends it
to the Cemetery, negate the effects on that Monster.

Explaination:
Seriously I have enough of my opponent using Cyber Jar or Fiber Jar to irritate me. So I implanted the Great Sword of Voilation in my deck. Blade Knight also comes in handy too in negating flip effects.

I was thinking of replacing Rocket Soldier with Reflect Bounder but plenty of Injection Fairy Lily roams around in my area. So for the time being I will just hav to stick with Rocket Soldier.

I chose one more TT instead of sticking with Magic Cylinder because TT's effect affects the whole field which will mean one more Dark Hole effect. This mean I could also get my Chaos Soldier or Emperor Dragon out faster if I could use TT to get my Light monster and Dark monster into the grave yard faster.

Before ending I also would like to ask questions:

1) About Summon Priority... Does all effect monsters hav that? I try finding abt summon priority in edo's site and couldn't find anything abt it so could somebody enlighten me?
2) Situation: Your opponent hav a Magic Cylinder and you decided to attack with your Injection Fairy Lily by reducing your life point by 2000 and increase your attack to 3400. How much damage would you take when your opponent activates the trap?

Last Exile
21st October 2003, 01:07 AM
400 for its atk and 2000 for the payment, so 2400. Hence, it is wise not to declare payment until after attacking, because it is legal. Remember, payment and pump-upoccurs during the DAMAGE step. ;) The deflection occurs during the Battle phase.

Red Angel
21st October 2003, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Citrus Crush Chikorita
400 for its atk and 2000 for the payment, so 2400. Hence, it is wise not to declare payment until after attacking, because it is legal. Remember, payment and pump-upoccurs during the DAMAGE step. ;) The deflection occurs during the Battle phase.

Not quite, CCC. Your opponent would have to activate Cylinder BEFORE you pay for Lily; otherwise, it's too late, since Lily's actual ATK increase occurs dring the damage step, during which only ATK/DEF-changing effects can be used. Therefore, whn you attack with Lily, you always ask you opponent if he/she wishes to counter, and if you opponent declines, you're free to pay for Lily without fear, since it's now too late to prevent anything but Kuriboh (since KUriboh removes damage that has been dealt, and so triggers off dealt damage).

Last Exile
21st October 2003, 08:41 PM
That is what I meant. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. ;)

Yeah, but who runs Kuriboh for real?! Only online cheats claim to sue it. :rolleyes: I side deck 2 of the little guys, but I never use them.

The Muffin Man
21st October 2003, 09:06 PM
I use 3 Kuriboh in my Exodia deck for obvious reasons. And still keep it at 40 cards.

Nothing better than being monsterless and still having a Kuriboh to keep you safe. Most people I know just claim "Why not just put in Aqua Madoor or something?"

Because a Kuriboh in the hand can't be Trampled, Raigeki'ed, or flipped into attack mode by any card.

DarkTemplarZ
21st October 2003, 09:34 PM
Also there is no card in the english or japanese enviorment that can negate the activation of Kuriboh's effect.

Anyway:

-1 Mirage of Nightmare
+1 Sixth Sense
Sixth Sense=pumped up Mirage with no random discarding. Wicked card, can draw up to 6 cards in 1 go and it's unrestricted.

-1 Rocket Warrior
+1 Reflect Bounder
Reflect Bounder is definitely better.

-1 Kycoo
-1 Serpent
+1 Blade Knight
+1 Cyber Jar

-1 Snatch Steal
-1 Baou (You have Blade Knight for this, who needs Baou?)
+1 Blade Knight
+1 Yata
15 monsters is way too low, especially with a Chaos Deck.

The Muffin Man
22nd October 2003, 09:57 AM
Sixth Sense is very good, just make sure to call out 6 and 5. That way, you don't lose more than 4 cards, and you can draw from one card, to full...it's quite a game winner. Oh if you lose the roll, you discard off the top of your deck. But chances are the top 3 cards won't be that amazing, and 4 is just slightly scare. But considering the AMAZING Drawing power(it's like Double Spelling your opponents Pot of Greed twice and playing your own, with ONE card!) I think 1 less than a needle worm is worth it to risk..

Dark-San
22nd October 2003, 08:56 PM
How abt the question on summon priority? I remember ppl mentioning that monsters like Exiled Force and Chaos Emperor Dragon hav tat!

Situation: Your opponent hav a bottomless pit. You special summoned Chaos Emperor Dragon. Can you use Emperor Dragon's effect to counter bottomless pit so that it wouldn't hav to be out of play?

DarkTemplarZ
23rd October 2003, 03:36 PM
Pretty much any monster that has an effect that says "sacrifice this monster to activate this ability" can have bottomless trap hole/trap hole used on it and still be able to use it's effect. I don't really understand why tho

The Muffin Man
23rd October 2003, 07:38 PM
Because unlike with Horn of Heaven/Solemn Judgement, the Pits are NOT Counter traps. Exiled Force and Chaos Emperor Dragon have both been legally summoned, and thus can use their ability. This is also why Jinzo can be Solemn Judgemented.

Dark-San
27th October 2003, 08:53 AM
I tried out sixth sense today and found it quite risky... So 2 sixth sense would be the best.

16 Monsters
3 Blade Knight
2 Dimension Girl
2 Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer (A wicked card to pit against other chaos deck)
1 Cyber Jar
1 Fiber Jar
1 Yata
1 Witch of Black Forest
1 Magic Breaker
1 Injection Fairy Lily
1 Tribe Infecting Virus
1 Chaos Soldier
1 Chaos Emperor Dragon

18 Magic
1 Pot of Greed
1 Graceful Charity
1 Painful Choice
3 MST
1 Harpie Feather
1 Heavy Storm
1 Raigeki
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn
1 Premature Burial
1 Change of Heart
1 Snatch Steal
1 Delinquent Duo
1 Confiscation
1 The Forceful Sentry
1 Swords of Revealing

7 Traps
1 Imperial Order
1 Mirror Force
1 Call of the Haunted
1 Ring of Destruction
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Wabuko
1 Sixth Sense

Still looking for space to insert another sixth sense so any idea how to squeeze that one more card in?