PDA

View Full Version : Shenmue

Genesis
21st October 2003, 05:52 AM
Has anyone here played Shenmue or Shenmue II (available on Dreamcast and XBox) It is, in my opinion, one of the most detailed and absorbing games in living memory, and everyone should experience it at least once. If you have an XBox, you should Shenmue II, which comes with a DVD movie of Shenmue I.

woz
21st October 2003, 11:23 AM
yes, it is awesome. i have shenmue for dreamcast and shenmue ii for both dreamcast and xbox. just started another game of shenmue ii yet again. i don't know what it is about the game, but it just draws me in and it's one of the most enjoyable games i've ever played. my favourite game of all time...the first just edges it over the second for me.

Kokomo
21st October 2003, 12:25 PM
I've got the first one and to tell you the truth I found it pretty boring. When I get the time I'm gonna finnish it though.

PNT510
21st October 2003, 02:43 PM
I had the first game on Dreamcast, I thought it was amazing. I only got about half way through the second one, but I left the disc out and it got scratched up.

Does anyone have information about the 3rd one?

woz
21st October 2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by PNT510
Does anyone have information about the 3rd one?

:no: there are a lot of rumours flying around, but no-one actually knows anything. Yu Suzuki just left AM2 though and started a new division within SEGA called DigitalRex. Their website has a link to shenmue.com on it so i guess that if 3 is made then it won't be by AM2. i'd like to hear some news on it though...can't see it happening soon though.

Strider
21st October 2003, 10:58 PM
I have Shenmue for the DC, but never got ahold of the second one though.. :no:

The first one is an excellent game indeed, although I stopped playing it after a while long ago for some odd reason.

If I can find my memory unit I'd be more than glad to start it up again... IF I can find it. But even if I don't, I suppose I'll just start up a new game. :yes: