PDA

View Full Version : Special 15: Pallet Town! The Setting off of the Pokemon Trainer!

Pewter City Geodude
21st October 2003, 11:40 AM
Serebii.net has pictures up now (http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/houen/S15.shtml) of Special 15. Someone's probably gonna have a guide up soon anyway, but from what I can tell from the pics, this looks interesting. Ash's Bayleef, Kingler, Phanpy, Totodile, and Cyndaquil all make cameos in the beginning. The new kid, Hajime, shows up to get his starter Pokemon just after Ash's startled herd of Tauros breaks through the Professor's lab. Tracey seemed annoyed at Hajime for some reason. I couldn't tell from the pics what Hajime was saying, but it seems that something was keeping him from setting off right away.
I like the little scene that happened right after that with Mimey and Tracey saving a Charmander that had fallen into the water. Soon after that it showed Prof. Oak taking Hajime to some cliffs for some reason, I got the impression that Oak took him there to overcome some kind of fear. It seems that he wanted Bulbasaur as his starter, so a young Bulbasaur was with them. They then encounter a Squirtle high above, clinging onto a branch. Hajime starts to fall and Bulbasaur saves him with Vine Whip, then Squirtle falls off the branch. Prof. Oak grabs it and Bulbasaur grabs the Professor too before he falls. Then it showed Hajime and Bulbasaur trying to get the obviously scared Squirtle to come out of its shell, which they finally do.
Then they get a phone call (not sure who the old woman was who took the call) which apparently warned them of some rampaging Primeape on the preserve, or something to that effect. Then we saw Oak, Delia, and Mimey watching the Primeape from behind some Bushes, joined by Hajime and Bulbasaur. Bulbasaur reveals itself a little prematurely, and the chase is on. Then comes the classic scene that's been done many times before in other shows, with Hajime and Bulbasaur, alone, on the edge of a canyon or something, with the Primeape closing in. They're saved by Ash's Bulbasaur, who uses its vines to lift them to the other side of the canyon, then uses a Solarbeam to scare off the Primeape.
Then it seems that Hajime is finally over whatever fear he had, and has bonded with Bulbasaur, so they get their supplies from Oak (the Pokedex and Pokeballs) and set off. Interestingly, at the end, it said "To Be Continued"... Seems that Hajime might be a recurring character...spin-off series, maybe?

Light_Togetic
21st October 2003, 12:06 PM
Intresting... I guess we'll be seeing a lot more of Hajime. That's nice, as long as it doesn't end up taking over the original series. ^^; At least we get to see a bit of Tracey and Delia.

Pewter City Geodude
21st October 2003, 12:10 PM
Yeah a couple things I liked about it, judging just from the pics:

-A Charmander fell in the water. We don't usually see that kinda thing in the anime, a Poke with an open flame ending up in water.

-Mimey brought Tracey and Charmander back to shore using its psychic power.

-Mimey attempted to battle the Primeape too after Bulbasaur surprised them, but there were too many. Not sure if Delia told it to attack or not, couldn't tell from the pics...could've gone either way.

-It showed Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle together in the same episode again.

Nice to see Delia's Mr. Mime doing stuff other than housework. :)

Kojiro
21st October 2003, 03:42 PM
All man I wish it was Ash's Primape came back,anyway Cameos are cool,but I did not see Noctowl in it,and when is Pidgeot gonna reappear?

Anyway Hajiime looks like a cool charcter.

Riven
22nd October 2003, 06:40 AM
That was what I thought too when Primeape was metioned ^_^;

So a new trainer?

If they make a spin of serise I want it to be about Kenta and his adventures, he looks cool

Iveechan
22nd October 2003, 12:14 PM
Aw man... yet another episode where the Fighting type is portrayed as a bad guy.

*mumbles and rants*

Did anybody else notice that the Bulbasaur have a different drawing style? It looks more like the recently updated Sugimori pic. The eyes are bigger, the skin is more of a minty color, and the legs seem different somehow.

If this is a spin-off series, or a type where they show Hajime's progress every once in awhile, it will be awesome to see the gym leaders again. Someone said that Brock's mom took over the Pewter gym and she had water Pokemon. If this is true, it will conflict with the Cerulean water gym. Unless the FR/LG versions have a comepletely different gym leader. Hmm... mysteries. Because this isn't Ash, the chance of him having his Pokemon evolve will be greater X)

Ooh, he could be the "alternate Ash", catching Fearow and Weedle instead of Pidgeotto and Caterpie.

Chris 2.1
22nd October 2003, 12:35 PM
Yea, seeing this guy progress through being a Pokemon trainer will be cool. I wonder if he will do better than Ash? ^^

However I did notice a pattern, a very obvious pattern...

Gary took Blastoise and only blastoise....

Ash has Charizard whenever he needs him...

Hijame has a Bulbasaur, which will evolve, someday, into Venusaur, making the triangle complete. Does that indicate that, somewhere in the future, the three trainers shall meet?

I also wonder WHERE Hijame will travel. If it is Kanto, then we may well see progress on Pewter Gym, with Geodude, Onix and Crobat (why he evolved through happiness, I'll never know...), we may see Misty and Togetic at the Cerulean Gym, and who knows what we'll find at Viridian? Also, do you think he will only get Kanto Pokemon, or are the new Pokemon for Johto/hoenn new with TIME and now LOCATION? (Eg - are the Pokemon discovered in their habitat or just over a period of time?)

Pewter City Geodude
22nd October 2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Iveechan
Someone said that Brock's mom took over the Pewter gym and she had water Pokemon.

Wrong...partially. Go to serebii.net and read the synopsis of the special "Brock! Save Pewter Gym!" Brock's mom had returned and taken over, much to Brock's annoyance when he found out. Anyway, at the end, Brock left Onix, Geodude, and Crobat with his oldest brother Jiroo. The Pokemon are going to teach Jiroo how to be a good trainer because he really wants to be the new Pewter City Gym Leader and restore the Gym to being Rock-type.

Venasaur89
22nd October 2003, 03:29 PM
Ohh...the special looks gr8 and kinda different! thanks for the short synopsis, Pewer City Guedude!

it would be good if they start a spin-off series for this boy, as long as the old series continues...

Iveechan
22nd October 2003, 03:41 PM
Man... Brock's mom is a female dog.

Riven
22nd October 2003, 07:46 PM
I thought Brocks had mom died?

Damn, the pokemon world is screwed up.

Brock's father is a hobo and his mother's a water pokemon trainer.

Ash's father is non- exsistent and his mother's a bubble head (but cool)
`
and we have no idea what the hell happened to Misty's parents.

Wait a minute! Misty's family run a water pokemon gym but her parents are no where to be seen, and Brocks mother is a water pokemon trainer, connection? Nah, I'm just on a caffine high at the moment.

Don't drink coffee kids.

Ashi-chan
30th October 2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Riven
I thought Brocks had mom died?

Damn, the pokemon world is screwed up.

No, the Pokemon world is not screwed up. Everyone in Brock's family, including his father, thought she'd died. But she...didn't. So it's not a dub mistake or anything like that.

Chris 2.1
30th October 2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Ashi-chan
No, the Pokemon world is not screwed up. Everyone in Brock's family, including his father, thought she'd died. But she...didn't. So it's not a dub mistake or anything like that.

Yea, she probably faked her death because her family face-faulted so much, and decided to return after the writers emailed her saying the ratings were low...:rolleyes: Hehe.

AKA Pokemon Fan
2nd November 2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Brit Chris we may see Misty and Togetic at the Cerulean Gym, and who knows what we'll find at Viridian?
Unlikely considering Togetic is in another dimension, its homeland, now. Unless there's something I missed. :)

Also, do you think he will only get Kanto Pokemon, or are the new Pokemon for Johto/hoenn new with TIME and now LOCATION? (Eg - are the Pokemon discovered in their habitat or just over a period of time?)
I don't quite understand what you mean, but Hoenn Pokemon appear to be available to other trainers. Sakura had a Beautifly and Richie had a Taillow (nicknamed Rose).

Ashi-chan wrote
Where did you hear that? My understanding was that the original had said that Brock's mother abandoned the family some time after Brock's father did and that the dub decided to instead say that she had died. :no:

Craig
2nd November 2003, 08:56 PM
This is cool, Im interested in seeing this "Hajime" ..but Zak hates him :O Apparently Hajime means "start" in japanese, thats cool. I just wish he started with something we hadn't seen very much..sure, Bulba is cool and all but I mean we had bulba for ..pretty much an entire season (all of kanto!) and a bunch of Johto, too! He could have started with uh.. I don't exactly know, but it would have to be a R/B/Y... hmm..maybe an Eevee? It would show the gap of Gary starting with one in Yellow..perhaps.

If he had an Eevee that' would be cool, I hope Hajime doesn't go in Kanto, I hope he takes a boat to some other place, like the orange islands. The Kanto region is wayy too big for a little special series like this.

Chris 2.1
5th November 2003, 02:09 PM
AKA - ah yes, Togetic has left now. That's ok, i forgot that. Oh, and what I meant before was that Johto Pokemon (Chikorita-Celebi) are only really in Johto, most species anyway, and Pokemon (treecko - Jirachi) only enhabit Hoenn. If Hijame goes to Kanto, and earns badges there, will he just get Kanto Pokemon? Ash only saw Kanto Pokemon in Kanto, but it COULD be because back then, Johto or Hoenn Pokemon hadn't been discovered (we presumed about 4 years since Ash, began right?) then these species will be found all around the world and Hijame will have caught some?!?!

If i still don't make sense, nevermind. It's not vital i'm understood.

Venasaur89
5th November 2003, 03:18 PM
Geez...the episode is great! the guide is up at spp

AKA Pokemon Fan
7th November 2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Brit Chris
Oh, and what I meant before was that Johto Pokemon (Chikorita-Celebi) are only really in Johto, most species anyway, and Pokemon (treecko - Jirachi) only enhabit Hoenn. If Hijame goes to Kanto, and earns badges there, will he just get Kanto Pokemon? Ash only saw Kanto Pokemon in Kanto, but it COULD be because back then, Johto or Hoenn Pokemon hadn't been discovered (we presumed about 4 years since Ash, began right?) then these species will be found all around the world and Hijame will have caught some?!?!
Well the Johto series made it clear that most Johto Pokemon were known when Ash's journey began and weren't just discovered. They were just largely unseen because the games had not released them yet. One note one can make is that due to almost no one knowing Mewtwo exists, and most of the elite Pokemon scientists not believing many of the Legendary Pokemon exist, and most scientists not believing the Prehistoric Pokemon still survive, some of the "150" we heard about so much in the first season would have included various GS Pokemon.

And also, the anime Hoenn region is full of non Ruby/Sapphire Pokemon. Wild ones that have been seen include Octillery and Spinarak. The Pokemon in the anime are not limited to where they live in the game.