PDA

View Full Version : New To Board-- RMT

CoolTrainerSean
22nd October 2003, 04:14 PM
This is for in-game purposes, not RS-Bot. For use in school tourny's and what-not.

Machamp @ Choice Band
*Max Attack and HP EV*
--Cross Chop
--Rock Slide
--Earthquake
--Facade

Milotic @ Leftovers
*Max SpDef and SpAtt EV*
--Surf
--Ice Beam
--Recover
--Toxic

Donphan @Leftovers
*Max Def and Att EV*
--Earthquake
--Rapid Spin
--Roar
--Rest

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
*Max HP and SpDef EV*
--Surf
--Leech Seed
--Protect
--Toxic

Dusclops @ Leftovers
*Max Def and SpDef EV*
--Night Shade
--Will-O-Wisp
--Protect
--Rest

Havent decided on a sixth yet... So help there would be appreciated. That and rating the moves and whatnot... Thanks~

Don't Run With Scizors
22nd October 2003, 04:29 PM
For an in-game team, yours might as well be... overkill? That is, unless you've got some other serious players at your school and whatnot.

I'm just curious; I'll answer with a full rate later, particularly because I'm sitting here pounding on a loud school keyboard attached to a school computer, of which I'm going to have to leave in a few minutes. But let's see what I can do:

Machamp: I'm not sure why people put Facade on their Machamps and Hariyamas. Cross Chop, with the Guts bonus, is still more powerful than a Facade with a status effect in play. If I were you, I'd save my Facade TM for a Swellow, who has Guts AND gets STAB on Facade.

Milotic: I've never used one of these (nor do I plan to), so you'll have to ask one of the other people more experienced with Milotic. I hear Rest is a good recommendation, though; Toxic tends to ruin Milotic's staying power.

Donphan: Like I said, unless you have some semi-serious players at that school of yours (I wish I had), I wouldn't bother with Rapid Spin, as it's unlikely many of these people would have Spikes.

CoolTrainerSean
22nd October 2003, 04:34 PM
Well, there are quite a few serious players here in Virginia. Its a big past time in our school.

As far as the Machamp goes, the Facade was there just for Filler, didnt really know what else to give him, any suggestions on the fourth move?

For Donphan, lets just say I dont have any reason for Rapid Spin, what move should I replace it with?

titandude21
22nd October 2003, 04:34 PM
machamp: bulk up over facade, give it leftovers

milotic: more def and hp, less spdef and spatt

Donphan: EQ, Body Slam/Double-Edge/AP/Counter, Roar/Counter, Rest... if you use counter, then give it lots of def. if you don't use counter, then give it lots of spdef.

Ludicolo: it needs more def

dusclops: max hp plz, split the rest however you like

maybe a swellow in the last slot for some UUness.

CoolTrainerSean
22nd October 2003, 05:00 PM
I think I agree with the Bulk-Up over Facade thing. But you dont like the Choice Band thing? It's really pretty amazing on him. Have you tried it?

For the Donphan, that set pretty much ruins the whole reason I had him. I dont have any Phazers on my team... or anything else to clear the spikes...

Any idea's on the swellow set?

titandude21
22nd October 2003, 05:15 PM
you're lucky to have the opportunity to battle in your school without anything getting in your way.

choice band is good, but bulk up is better on machamp IMO. choice band and bulk up on the same pokemon will conflict with each other.

i've never liked rapid spin. counter was thrown in only if you wanted an option over roar. EQ/physical attack/roar/rest is still the best set on donphan... counter is there if you like to be evil.

swellow: aerial ace, return/facade, hp ground, filler @ choice band

CoolTrainerSean
22nd October 2003, 05:23 PM
I kinda like the idea of counter... I definetly wanna keep Roar on him, unless I can get a better Phazer/Hazer...

Donphan @leftovers
--Earthquake
--Counter
--Rest
--Rapid Spin/Roar

Any idea's for a good Phazer/Hazer besides Weezing and Skarmory?

titandude21
22nd October 2003, 05:31 PM
yawn is also a good p-hazing move...

swampert and aggron are both good p-hazers (roar)

CoolTrainerSean
27th October 2003, 07:00 PM
I've revised my team-- as I often do. Didnt feel like crowding the board with another topic-- (Hopefully enough people notice and rate it as its in an old topic). (This is all in-game)

Milotic @Leftovers
--Surf
--Ice Beam
--HP: Psychic (60 BP)
--Recover
The HP Psychic is in there mainly just for a big surprise to any Fighting, or Poison Pokemon that think Milotic's low defense and lack of resistances to the types are its weak points.

Machamp @ChoiceBand
--Cross Chop
--Earthquake
--Rock Slide
--? ? ? ? ?
I love the Machamp with ChoiceBand. The Choice Banded Cross Chop will put the hurtin' on pretty much anything. When that Cross Chop goes critical (as it often does), its very likely to OHKO pretty much anything its in against. I've been struggeling with a fourth move, nothing seems to fit. I would love to fill it with HP:Dark, but dont really wanna spend 20 more hours breeding for a Machamp with great stats and a Dark HP, so please consider that out of the question.

Regirock @Leftovers
--Curse
--Ancient Power
--Earthquake
--Explosion
As you can tell at this point, I'm a pretty big fan of single type pokemon. In my opinion, Rock is the most underestimated type in the game, being effective against Fire, Ice, Flying, and Bug, is great.

Dusclops @Leftovers
--Night Shade
--Will-O-Wisp
--Protect
--Rest
I love ghosts! Maybe its because I have alot of competition using Normal type moves often, but his immunities are wonderful. That, and the fact that he is argueable the most effective PP Wasting staller the game has ever seen... I prefer Night Shade to Shadow Ball for reasons that should be clear at this point in the game. If its not clear-- Its because his base attack stat is low, and Ghost isnt the best type in the first place. Night Shade gives him a decent attack you can use on about all pokemon. I like the versatility, what can I say...

I

titandude21
27th October 2003, 07:09 PM
Milotic: HP Psychic isn't worth it, esp. if it's not max power

Machamp: since you're attached to choice band, then maybe HP bug will do.

rest is fine.

CoolTrainerSean
27th October 2003, 08:33 PM
Eehhh, its only 10 off, and its probably more worthwhile then Toxic-- wouldnt you say?

As far as HP:Bug goes, that would fall into the same category as HP: Dark, as I described on the Machamp post before this one.

Rest on a Machamp with Choice Band... Rest -> Switch -> Come back in and let it where off-- is that the general idea?

HedgeCat
27th October 2003, 11:24 PM
Remove Choice Band from Machamp. Give it a Blackbelt if you want Cross Chop powered up.

Iveechan
27th October 2003, 11:44 PM
HP dark isn't a good move because dark is a special attack. Bug or ghost is good.

CoolTrainerSean
28th October 2003, 01:55 AM
The reason I mentioned Dark was because thats the HP he actually has. Seeing as I dont want to have to breed for another Machamp with another Hidden Power-- thats not a possibility. What I really need-- is a move, thats not a hidden power-- that will work well with a choice banded Machamp. Ideas anyone?

Iveechan
28th October 2003, 08:53 AM
Maybe Retun/Frustration? That's the only other high attack move machamp can learn that is useful.

CoolTrainerSean
28th October 2003, 02:37 PM
Choice Band is alot more effective then the worthless Black Belt...

As far as Return goes, is that worth getting? Would Facade be better?

titandude21
28th October 2003, 06:39 PM
Toxic is much more useful than HP Psychic, whether you're playing in-game or online... unless your opponent has 6 poison/fighting types.

Return > Facade on every pokemon except maybe swellow. If you choose facade, you're hoping for your poke to have inflicted with a status, and in R/S, being inflicted with a status (unless it has guts) will basically mean the pokemon will not last long (as if they don't as long without status)

You could always put rest on machamp. rest isn't bad w/ choice band... a simple switch will solve the issue.

choice band > blackbelt. it boosts your attack more. as for the side effect, using the same move every time isn't that hurtful in R/S, and you can always switch; with blackbelt, it only boosts fighting type attacks. simple math: 1.5x > 1.1x for x > 0. i don't know of an R/S attack that has a base power of less than 0 (except electric attacks against volt absorbers and water attacks against water absorbers)

CoolTrainerSean
29th October 2003, 10:11 AM
Well we are talking about Machamp here-- and he happends to have Guts.

Might as well use Rest.

Still leaves the matter of adding two new pokemon to this team...X_x

titandude21
29th October 2003, 02:25 PM
surf w/ STAB = 142.5 BP
super-effective HP psychic = 120 BP in your situation
toxic/confuse ray are for the non-guts pokes and the stallers... mirror coat/light screen/refresh/a lot of other possibilities can take this slot.
dump recover if you're going to rest

CoolTrainerSean
29th October 2003, 02:43 PM
Oh I see, Yeah, you're right.
I guess I should try to get a HP:Electric, huh?

juandiego130
13th November 2003, 03:22 PM
8) 8) 8) Your team sucks!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

titandude21
13th November 2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by juandiego130
8) 8) 8) Your team sucks!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

1. stfu nub

2. if you say something like that, tell him why the team sucks, not some dumb*** nubish comment that makes you think you're cool or anything