PDA

View Full Version : Rate my SAPPHIRE Team of obtainables...

Bacl
22nd October 2003, 05:00 PM
I realize in advance I made some choices that go against the norm (such as bubblebeam instead of water pulse on my MASQUERAIN). But I do strive to be different. Many, many thanks to all the raters in advance!

SCEPTILE
---
BRAVE@SOFT SAND
LEAF BLADE
DIG
FURY CUTTER
DOUBLE TEAM

MASQUERAIN
---
LONELY@MYSTIC WATER
SILVER WIND
AERIAL ACE
BUBBLEBEAM
HAZE

MUK
---
JOLLY@POSION BARB
SLUDGE BOMB
BRICK BREAK
ACID ARMOR
TOXIC

WOBBUFFET
---
CALM@LEFTOVERS
COUNTER
MIRROR COAT
SAFEGUARD
DESTINY BOND

MILOTIC
---
MODEST@NEVERMELT ICE
WATER PULSE
ICE BEAM
REFRESH
RECOVER

FLYGON
---
QUIET@CHARCOAL
EARTHQUAKE
DRAGON CLAW
FLAMETHROWER
HYPER BEAM

TeleFox
22nd October 2003, 06:26 PM
Sceptile - IMO Fury Cutter's only worthwhile if you've got something good to defend with, but you've got Double Team so no problem there. My main concerns here are with Dig and using a Brave nature.
I figure you want Dig to deal with Fire types, the problem being that they'll switch as soon as they see if coming; to a Flying type if you're unlucky. A flyer w/Aerial Ace would cut through your DT and will be resistant/immune to all your attacks. Weezing also causes trouble w/Levitate, but you can decide whether that's worth worrying about yourself :D. I would suggest EQ (if Sceptile can learn it*), or maybe HP Ground, but for type coverage Rock Slide would really kick some *** :yes:.
Including the option of maxing out Speed EV's and max DV's, Brave lowers Sceptile's Speed by a minimum of 67 points. That's an awful lot, especially for a poké using DT. I'd go for Lonely instead, physical attacks aren't so much of a problem esp. with DT.

Masquerain - Haze kinda beats up Silver Wind and Bubblebeam, seeing as the main use of those moves is their stat-altering abilities. I'd either find a new Hazer, or find some more suited moves. Can Masquerain learn Whirlwind? That'd fit perfectly over Haze, since you wouldn't lose your SW stat boost.

Muk - Nice to see him on the team, even if he is your specialty. Another nature issue here; Jolly only raises Speed by 10 points, better to go for Adamant I think, really get that Attack up. Moveset looks pretty solid, just make sure you don't poison your opponent w/Sludge Bomb if you intend to Toxic them.

Wobbuffet - More Speed, less Special Defense. Mirror Coat won't work so well if you're blocking a lot of damage. Speed is good for Destiny Bond and Safeguard.

Milotic - Rest > Refresh + Recover, you recover more HP, alleviate more status problems and use only 1 turn and 1 move slot. Of course you fall asleep, but Marvel Scale means that's not so bad anyway, esp. if the opponent's confused. Don't know what to fill the gap with tho...

Flygon - Return's probably more useful than Hyper Beam in the long run. Speed's probably more useful than Defense, so I'd go Mild instead of Quiet, plus you don't lose as many stat points.

On a general note, the type-boosting items aren't always so useful, the increase is only ~10%. See if you can find some more useful items, ie: Lax Incense on Sceptile to improve the chance of hitting w/Fury Cutter, Leftovers on Muk to increase staying power. The others can probably stay as they are, but you might think of something better (Scope Lens on Flygon maybe? Not sure about that one).

*BTW, where can I get a list of what moves/egg moves RuSa pokémon can get? I haven't found any good sources since Meowth's Pokédex went down -_-.

Bacl
22nd October 2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by TeleFox
Sceptile I figure you want Dig to deal with Fire types, the problem being that they'll switch as soon as they see if coming; to a Flying type if you're unlucky. A flyer w/Aerial Ace would cut through your DT and will be resistant/immune to all your attacks. Weezing also causes trouble w/Levitate, but you can decide whether that's worth worrying about yourself :D. I would suggest EQ (if Sceptile can learn it*)

I'd love to put earthquake on SCEPTILE, but it would be criminal to have a FLYGON without earthquake, and to my knowledge there is only one EQ TM in the game (and I can't trade with friends because EVERYONE uses their EQ TM on something or other). So since EQ is out, I don't know what would be better than DIG.

EDIT: Maybe trade DIG for IRON TAIL...

AndyPants
22nd October 2003, 07:19 PM
try for Milotic

-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Rest
-Confuse Ray

Confuse your enemy then use rest

Iveechan
22nd October 2003, 07:19 PM
Dunno is you want to breed... or if you can... but Sceptile can inherit Crunch and learn the Dragon Claw TM (so it can inherit crunch/dragon claw from a salamance, or just crunch from seviper since it learns the move earlier I think).