PDA

View Full Version : [GSC] A few in-game questions...

Julip
22nd October 2003, 07:22 PM
1. When I'm in Cerulean City, a guy says that his Itemfinder is responding, but I can't find any item close by.

2. Can anyone give me HM slave movesets (on Pokemon that can learn 3+ HM/outside-battle TM moves)?

3. How do I get the Dig TM? (I know it's outside the National Park, but it's behind a barrier... how do I get there?)

4. How do I breed Ancientpower into my Meganium?

5. How can I breed Dragon Rage onto a Dratini egg? (I need a Dratini with a level lower than 10 with Dragon Rage...)

6. Any Battle Tower tips accepted.

titandude21
22nd October 2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Julip
1. When I'm in Cerulean City, a guy says that his Itemfinder is responding, but I can't find any item close by.

the guy is on drugs... i found nothing there

2. Can anyone give me HM slave movesets (on Pokemon that can learn 3+ HM/outside-battle TM moves)?

krabby/kingler: surf, strength, cut, rock smash
staryu/starmie: surf, waterfall, whirlpool, flash

many water pokemon can learn the 3 water HMs (surf, waterfall, whirlpool)

3. How do I get the Dig TM? (I know it's outside the National Park, but it's behind a barrier... how do I get there?)

is that dig? as for the pokeball, i've seen it also, but i think it's in impassable territory.

a poke in the ground/monster egg group... don't have the list off the top of my head

5. How can I breed Dragon Rage onto a Dratini egg? (I need a Dratini with a level lower than 10 with Dragon Rage...)

i don't think you can... you could always breed for a lv 5 dratini, trade it back to RBY, and buy the Dragon Rage TM

it should be very similar to online battling/PS2, but I don't have Crystal, so I don't have firsthand experience.

TeleFox
22nd October 2003, 07:37 PM
2) I use Azumarill myself, it can learn Surf, Strength, Whirlpool and Waterfall.

3) Up in the top-right corner of the park there's a gap in the fence, you can go through it to get around the outside. I think there's one or two other items lying out there as well.

ShinyVulpix
23rd October 2003, 01:10 AM

You have to surf to the point that he's looking and press A button
and you'll find an item(on the water)

Note: Not only his Itemfinder is responding but if you check yours
you'll find it's responding too.

Poryhedron
23rd October 2003, 02:57 AM
As for getting a L5 Dratini with Dragon Rage, just breed one and make sure both parents know the move. If both parents know a move that the child could get later through level-up, it'll be born knowing the move right away.

Number1ChanseyFan
23rd October 2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Julip

Like Shiny Vulpix said, the item is in the water outside of Cerulean City. You will have to leave Cerulean City through the North exit, and then go to the left, and then Surf on the water. Search the water, (press the A button on your Gameboy) and you will come across a Berserk Gene. The Berserk Gene is a hold item that, when attached to a Pokémon, increases it's attack power, but also makes it confused.

Sentret/Furret and Gyarados make very nice HM slaves.

Telefox explained that nicely.

Ok, Corsola learns AncientPower naturally. You need t catch a male Corsola, and train him until he learns Ancient Power. When he learns Ancient Power, breed him with a female Totodile/Croconaw/Feraligatr. You will get a baby Totodile that knows Ancient Power. You need the new Totodile to be a male, so if you don't get a male to hatch, keep the pair breeding until you do. Now, breed the new male Totodile that knows AncientPower with a female Chikorita/Bayleef/Meganium. When that egg hatches, you will have a Chikorita with Ancient Power.

Like titandude21 said, trade a Dratini to R/B/Y, and teach it Dragon Rage with TM 23. After you teach it Dragon Rage, trade it back to G/S/C.

I had a huge Battle Tower thingy posted on a previous thread, but it was lost in the recent pruning, it had a complete listing of all the Pokémon that are in the Battle Tower and everything. It is gonna take a long time to make a new one, because I am stupid and I didn't save it in a document. When I get a new one written up, I'll Edit it into this post!! ;)

LightNinetales
23rd October 2003, 03:21 PM

The item is on the water.Use surf and you'll find it.

One word:Gyarados.With Waterfall,Surf,Strength and Whirlpool.

3. How do I get the Dig TM? (I know it's outside the National Park, but it's behind a barrier... how do I get there?
I think someone explained that already.

Just breed two dragonites who know Dragon rage.

SupremeChampion
26th October 2003, 09:34 PM
well i think you all answered that rather nicely.

~The Italian Stallion