PDA

View Full Version : Open Challenge 2 vs 2 (newcomer's first fight)

Heald
23rd October 2003, 02:08 PM
Okay, since this is my first time, I don't exactly want my butt kicked by any of you good guys so any people think they're level pegging with me? We also need a referee. I send out first and you attack first.

Battlefield : Open Grassy Plain. The area is just low grass. Trees, rivers and buildings are out of bounds.

DQ : 1 week?

I choose...Axel (Sneasel)! Go!

younglink7
23rd October 2003, 03:09 PM
I accept your challenge. I just started too, just tell me your Sneasel's gender and I'll post my attacks.

Ok, who wants to ref?

Heald
23rd October 2003, 03:11 PM
Er...my Sneasel is male. Sorry if the name is a little perplexing.

younglink7
23rd October 2003, 04:11 PM
Ok, I choose Boomerang! (Skarmory, M)

Here we go, Skarmory, you got the type advantage, lets give it all we got! First, use fly to gain some altitude skillfully and quickly. Then, come in for a pass with Sonic Flight to give Sneasel a good amount of damge. On the next pass, use Steel Wing to cut into Sneasel hard and fast. Arial attacks and type differences will be our advantage this match.

Sonic Flight: Skarmory uses one move selection to fly at a very high velocity while going past the opponent's pokemon. This creates a sonicboom (not the Pokemon move created through just sound, the actual thing) which knocks the opponent off balance (if the opponent isn't too large to knock off balance). Pause of two rounds. Max 2 uses per match.
Type: Flying | Accuracy: 80% | Damage: 13% | Effects: n/a

May the best Pokemon Trainer win, good luck!

Heald
23rd October 2003, 04:52 PM
We still need a ref but oh well...

Axel! Use agility while he soars to build up speed then use faint attack to further boost your evasiveness as he uses Sonic Flight. After surprising him, use Icy Wind! Although he is steel, he is also flying which is weak against ice attacks, so type advantages/disadvantages will be ignored! Go Axel!

Heald
25th October 2003, 07:03 AM
C'mon! We need a referee! Anyone up for the challenge? I don't bite...much...

younglink7
25th October 2003, 04:27 PM
Patience, lol- you already posted in the Ref Tower, not much more you can do. Maybe I'll ask around.

Heald
25th October 2003, 04:46 PM
Yeh, but most matches get a ref overnight, at the latest. So why are we being ignored? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

RaZoR LeAf
26th October 2003, 03:11 PM
I'll do a reffing for you tomorrow. I've not got much time tonight. When I get home from uni 2moz, you'll have a ref.

RaZoR LeAf
27th October 2003, 10:52 AM
* Stats *

Sneasel|m|Axel
100% Health
0% Fatigue

Skamory|m|Boomerang
100% Health
0% Fatigue

* Trainer Issued Commands *
Younglink7
"Fly ~ Sonic Flight ~ Steel Wing"
HealdPK
"Agility ~ Faint Attack ~ Icy Wind"

* Round One Begins *

On an open grassy plain, in the middle of a rural field, two trainers step up to battle. Newcomer to ASB HealdPK is challenged by Younglink7, also new to the ASB scene. HPK sends out his pokemon first, a lithe black furred Sneasel by the name of Axel. Younglink brings out Boomerang, a male Skamory and the round begins. Boomerang flaps his steely wings and begins to rise into the air, riding on the updraft of the wind, the metal bird gains height until it's looking down at the small Sneasel below. As it circles the field, Axel looks up and frowns. Out of reach. The lithe cat charges a boost of adrenaline through his body and into his muscles, specifically his legs.

The extra energy gives him that extra boost of speed that may be needed in the future. A good thing it was too, as Boomerang begins a diving run at Axel. The bird begins to glow orange slightly as speed picks up. Axel surrounds himself with darkness, becoming invisible to the naked eye, and moves out of the path of the swooping Skamory. To late to pull up or corse correct, Skamory pulls of the sound breaking attack and a ripple of aurul energy spans out from the point of the break. Axel is juddered out of his Faint Attack, but isn't affected by the full power of the attack.

Now that Boomerang is down to a closer level, Axel can concentrate on attacking him. Clapping his talons once, an orb of cold white energy forms, building into a wispy wind. Boomerang ignores the forming orb and brings his sharp feathered wings outstretched as he flies directly towards Axel. The dark pokemon releases the orb and a fast icy wind blows into the path of the flying pokemon. Although put off by the chill, Skamory isn't affected as much as a normal bird would be. His wing slices across Sneasel's shoulder leaving a gaping wound that begins to drip blood. Boomerang returns to a safe height and begins to circle, while Axel tends to his wound.

* Results *

Sneasel|m|Axel
90% Health
10% Fatigue
Large cut on shoulder

Skamory|m|Boomerang
94% Health
14% Fatigue

* Arena Status *

Heald
27th October 2003, 02:19 PM
Thanks for reffing Razor.

Okay, my turn to go first so...

Axel, we're going to rely on your legs and your healthy arm for the rest of your fight, don't worry. Keep yourself moving by increasing your speed and evasiveness furthur with Agility, then keep Boomerang busy with two Shadow Balls fired from your healthy arm.

Agility ~ Shadow Ball ~ Shadow Ball

younglink7
27th October 2003, 07:06 PM
Ok, Boomerang, start with a Whirlwind to throw Sneasel right off its feet. Then, the shadowball won't be very effective, so fly through it with a Steel Wing attack. Then, land back on the ground to use up less energy while quickly creating some copies with double team.

Whirlwind~Steel Wing~Double Team

RaZoR LeAf
30th October 2003, 12:04 PM
* Stats *

Sneasel|m|Axel
90% Health
10% Fatigue
Large cut on shoulder

Skamory|m|Boomerang
94% Health
14% Fatigue

HealdPK
"Agility ~ Shadow Ball ~ Shadow Ball"
Younglink7
"Whirlwind ~ Steel Wing ~ Double Team"

* Round Two Begins *

Axel relaxes his body again, and feels another surge of Adrenaline ush through his veins and into his muscles. Now feeling even stronger and faster that before, he beleives nothing can out race him. But a powerful gust of wind pushes the Sneasel of balance and sends him spralling across the floor. Boomerang chuckles in a rough sharp tone, as it's Whirlwind suceeds in knocking his opponent off balance.

Axel quickly regains his posture, unsure of what that was meant to achieve. His one arm still aching from the fresh wound on the shoulder, he begins to form an orb using his free arm. The orb grows as it absorbs ghostly energy, but Boomerang seems to be unbothered. On his trainers command he aims directly for Axel, and spreads his wings ready to cause another damaging steel attack. Axel throws the ball directly into Boomerang's flight path. And while Boomerang's Steel skin isn't that affected by it, the explosion on contact is enough scare Boomerang and push his flight path off.

The blast sends the Skamory crashing into the ground a few metres from his indented target, and a large cloud of dirt and grass billows up at the point of impact. Axel smirks, and begins to form another attack, to throw at his grounded foe. With the orb perfectly formed, Axel stares through the light cloud of dirt, only to be faced with three identicle Skamory's all plucking grass blades from their shiney feathers. The dark type griamces, and picks quickly. The orb flies through the Skamory, and it's image dissolves quickly into the air. The remaining clones look up startled, but remain on the ground.

* Results *

Sneasel|m|Axel
89% Health
20% Fatigue
Large cut on shoulder

Skamory|m|Boomerang
88% Health
23% Fatigue
On land
1 Clone

* Arena Status *

younglink7
30th October 2003, 03:38 PM
o.o;; throwing Sneasel across the ground only did 1% damage? Oh well, now I know not to use Whirlwind even though its supposed to do "Good Damage" >_>

Hmm, well since Shadow Ball can counteract Steel Wing apparently, we'll try a different strategy. Boomerang, create more clones in a flash w/ Double Team. Then use Toxic until it is poisoned. If you manage to get it poisoned on the first try, limit Sneasel's movement by putting a set of Spikes out.

Double Team~Toxic~Toxic/Spikes

Edit- forgot to list Toxic as move for thrid selection in summary even though I put it in the main paragraph

Heald
30th October 2003, 04:35 PM
Right then, Axel. We have him on the run. He wants to try and avoid direct conflict from you so while he's on the ground, now's your chance! Spread out your Icy Wind to hit all targets so you can destroy the clones then use Dig immediately. Use this to avoid his Toxic attacks and then dig underneath him and surprise him with a Blizzard!

Icy Wind ~ Dig ~ Blizzard

Heald
2nd November 2003, 10:02 AM
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-UMP!

RaZoR LeAf
2nd November 2003, 11:16 AM
No need to bump, I have all the details written down. I just need to be in a moment of inspiration to be able to write it. Plus it's only been 2 days.

Heald
2nd November 2003, 12:24 PM
Sorry, it had just gone to the second page and it was just a precaution, just in case you had forgot.

RaZoR LeAf
8th November 2003, 08:08 AM
* Stats *

Sneasel|m|Axel
89% Health
20% Fatigue
Large cut on shoulder

Skamory|m|Boomerang
88% Health
23% Fatigue
On land
1 Clone

Younglink7
"Double team ~ Toxic ~ Toxic/Spikes"
HealdPK
"Icy Wind ~ Dig ~ Blizzard"

* Round Three Begins *

Both Boomerang's nestles their heads in their wings for a moment, before they're surrounded by a white light. In an instant, another two Skamory's take their place leaving Axel confused as to which is the real one. The Sneasel shakes off the discomfort by summoning an ice cold wind. The wind whips through the arena, slicing through one of the clones anda causeing a cry from another. As the remaining clones mimic the cry of pain, Axel is still stuck as to which is the real clone, but he smiles in the knowledge that he's hit his foe.

Boomerang frowns, before flapping itself up off the ground and taking short flight. Zxel panics when he sees the bird circling overhead, it's beak poised to drop an attack, and begins to burrow into the ground using his sharp claws. Bomerang releases a thick oily toxic attack that splashes onto the ground, mere inches from the quickly escaping burrowing Sneasel. Axel burrows under the ground, hoping that his re-emergence goes unoticed.

Unfortunatly, a Skamory cirlcing in the sky can spot anything down below, and the bird swopps down with another Toxic attack ready. As the thick substance drops, Axel summon an even greater wind that before. Huge shards of ice fly through the air, and combined with clumps of snow, they batter into Boomerang, sending the flying type crashing into the ground again. His two clones vaporise instantly but all is not so bad, as the Toxic wasn't completely frozen, and Axel is feeling the effects of the poison already.

* Results *

Sneasel|m|Axel
88% Health
30% Fatigue
Large cut on shoulder
Badly Poisoned (2%/1%)

Skamory|m|Boomerang
75% Health
31% Fatigue
On land

* Arena Status *

younglink7
12th November 2003, 03:46 PM
Bump

Hello? HeraldPK, ur turn......

Heald
13th November 2003, 08:43 AM
Ahem. If you read the Absense Forum you would know I have had the flu. Anyway, I am in no fit state to be writing huge reffing matches so I'll just post a round then.

Okay Axel, try and freeze him with another Blizzard! If you manage to freeze him, do two double teams, but if you don't do an Icy Wind then a Double Team.

Blizzards ~ Icy Wind/Double Team ~ Double Team

younglink7
13th November 2003, 02:57 PM
Oops, sorry, I looked at the tower on like the 9th or a bit before, and you posted your absense on the 10th. Again, really sorry.

Okay, Boomerang, the list of moves says that Blizzard comes from the attacker and that it is easy to see coming and therefore avoid. So, use fly to go above the blizzard coming from Sneasel. Next, use steel wing to cut into your opponent from behind. Finally, use Sandstorm to jar the clones from double team to destroy them and to add some extra hurt to the Toxic and to that cut.

Fly~Steel Wing~Sandstorm

Cyrus
20th November 2003, 09:16 PM
I was asked by younglink7 to subref this, is this alright you with you HealdPK?

Heald
21st November 2003, 05:52 AM
Sure, whatever floats your boat. Subref away, my pretty (nyahaha).

Cyrus
26th November 2003, 07:44 PM
My apologizes for the delay, I have been busy with school for the last week.

Round X:

Prebattle Stats:

Younglink7: A | O
Boomerang (Skarmory, M): 75% (HP) 69% (Energy)

HealdPK: A | O
Axel (Sneasel, M): 88% (HP) 70% (Energy)

Commands:

Boomerang: Fly ~ Steel wing ~ Sandstorm
Axel: Blizzard ~ Icy wind / Double team ~ Double Team

Battle:

The Sneasel’s frigid burst fails to connect as Boomerang loops upwards to avoid the frozen daggers. Turning the garnered momentum into a dive the airborne raptor drives his great metallic wings into the feline’s body, the blow sends Axel into the ground. Returning to unstable feet Axel lashes out with a weak gust of frigid wind. Ignoring the numbing of his wings for the moment, Boomerang summons a raging sandstorm. Axel regrets the lose of energy as he watches his pair of clones shatter.

Post battle Stats:

Younglink7: A | O
Boomerang (Skarmory, M): 68% (HP) 54% (Energy)

HealdPK: A | O
Axel (Sneasel, M): 66% (HP) 49% (Energy) | Severely Poisoned (4%/2% Next round[I will attempt to continue RaZoR LeaF's toxic effect... assuming I am doing it right])

Arena Notes: Sandstorm raging for 3 rounds (11 actions)

younglink7
26th November 2003, 10:49 PM
was toxic factored in? I don't see the marking for how it goes up for next round in the post-battle stats

Cyrus
30th November 2003, 01:57 PM
I shoudn't attempt to subref in a rush... its been fixed.

younglink7
1st December 2003, 04:43 PM
Ok, Skarm, next set out some spikes around the area, then use Swift to accurately hit and cut open that cut some more. End it with a steel wing attack.

Spikes~Swift~Steel Wing

Heald
1st December 2003, 05:03 PM
Right Axel, use Double Team and then close in for two Fire Punches!

Double Team ~ Fire Punch ~ Fire Punch

RaZoR LeAf
3rd December 2003, 02:35 PM
* Stats *

Sneasel|m|Axel
66% Health
51% Fatigue
Large cut on shoulder
Badly Poisoned (4%/2%)

Skamory|m|Boomerang
68% Health
46% Fatigue

Younglink7
"Spikes ~ Swift ~ Steel Wing"
HealdPK
"Double Team ~ Fire Punch ~ Fire Punch"

* Round Five Begins *

Things are not looking good for Axel as he attempts to summon a set of clones once more. The windy conditions of the Sandstorm have other arrangements and dissolve the clones the instant they are fully formed. Boomerang chuckles to himself quietly, before flapping his wings and dropping a series of sharp spikes onto the ground around him.

The dark pokemon braces himself against the sands and tries to focus on his enemy. He runs forward, tredding on the spkies as he goes and feeling the sharp pains travel from foot to brain instantly, but continues on. He leaps and jumps, bringing a firey claw across the Steel bird's body. Boomerang skwacks in pain, but retaliates by moving up and away from Axel and releasing a volley of shimmering stars. The stars slam into Axel and reopen that wound on his shoulder.

With sand blowing into the wound, and his feet hurting from the spikes, his chances of scoring another clean hit are low, but the feline tries anyway. His jump falls short, and he lands back on another patch of spikes. Boomerang shighs at his enemies misfortune, but flies down behind and slams his wing across the Sneasel's head.

* Results *

Sneasel|m|Axel
48% Health
63% Fatigue
Cut on shoulder re-opened
Feet injured
Badly Poisoned (8%/4%)

Skamory|m|Boomerang
60% Health
55% Fatigue

* Arena Status *

Sandstorm is Harsh (lasts 8 actions)
Floor covered in Spikes

Heald
4th December 2003, 04:40 PM
Okay Axel, dig deep underground and don't come up. Use rest while in your burrow!

Dig ~ Rest ~ Resting...

younglink7
6th December 2003, 07:12 PM
Boomerang, distract Sneasel with Swagger for the first two turns. He'll get so mad at you that he may even run over the Spikes to come over and try to hit you. Finish it with Steel Wing since his trainer just said he'd be resting by now, which he won't be. In fact, he'll be wide awake and enraged too. Good thing you're a steel type.

Swagger~Swagger~Steel Wing

RaZoR LeAf
12th December 2003, 03:52 PM
* Stats *

Sneasel|m|Axel
48% Health
63% Fatigue
Cut on shoulder re-opened
Feet injured
Badly Poisoned (8%/4%)

Skamory|m|Boomerang
60% Health
55% Fatigue

HealdPK
"Dig ~ Rest"
Younglink7
"Swagger ~ Swagger ~ Steel Wing"

* Round Six Begins *

Axel readies his claws and begins to dig into the soft earth. There's still a sandstorm raging, so the pokemon has to put up with the howl of the wind and flecks of sand in his eyes, while he burrows into the ground. Nearby, Boomerang starts to throw insults at his foe. Words so horrible, i'm glad that pokemon can't speak the human language. If Axel were to hear them he would surely be enraged. But Axel can't. Not over th noise of the sandstorm. Nor can he see his foes face pulling. INstead he continues his digging until he creates a rather deep trench with a small cavern just off that he can sit un undisturbed.

Axel settles down and closes his eyes. In a matter of moments, the howl of the storm fades away and he settles into a peaceful slumber. Above ground, Boomerang is spouting off even fouler language that is forcing me to turn of the pokemon translator for a moment due to the horrible nature of it. Kids, this is the language you wouldn't say infront of your mum. Boomerang is annoyed by the fact that Axel hasn't attacked yet, and seems blissfully unaware that he's asleep right now.

Still in a state of realxed dreaming, Axel is oblivious to Bomerang spreading his wings. The steel bird soars down to the spot where the dark type once was, but crashes into the ground before hitting an enemy. Boomerang recovers and rises off the ground only to spot the gaping hole in the floor and the snoozing Sneasel at the bottom. Even without the Swagger command, there's yet more horrid language coming out of this pokemon.

* Results *

Sneasel|m|Axel
78% Health
70% Fatigue
Wounds healing
Poisoned Cured
Health will continue to rise as sleeping continues
Asleep (3 more turns)

Skamory|m|Boomerang
57% Health
62% Fatigue
Potty Mouth
Angry
Knows where Axel is

* Arena Status *

Sandstorm is Strong (lasts 5 actions)
Floor covered in Spikes
Gaping hole in floor

younglink7
17th December 2003, 03:55 PM
BAD SKARMORY, BAD! Never use that language!

Well, skarm, throw many, many spikes on top of Sneasel for two rounds. Then, repoison it with Toxic, covering him and the spikes in poison.

Spikes (into hole)~ Spikes (into hole) ~Toxic (onto Sneasel)

younglink7
17th December 2003, 03:56 PM
I can't edit attacks, or I may be accused of cheating-

I meant to say "turns" instead of "rounds"- should spike for two turns

Heald
18th December 2003, 11:39 AM
Well Axel, if you can hear me, wake up please!

RaZoR LeAf
18th December 2003, 02:01 PM
Is that your command?

Heald
18th December 2003, 04:23 PM
Hmm. It depends. I think that Sneasel can use Sleeptalk or something but the movelist is inaccessible at this moment in time. Otherwise, unless there is anything else I can do, then Axel is asleep for the duration of how you see fit.

Heald
19th December 2003, 10:42 AM
Sleeptalk x 3 please.

RaZoR LeAf
23rd December 2003, 03:23 PM
Reffing will be up tomorrow some time. Sorry it's been a while.

RaZoR LeAf
28th December 2003, 12:34 PM
Short one sorry, my creativity is all shot.

* Stats *

Sneasel|m|Axel
78% Health
70% Fatigue
Wounds healing
Poisoned Cured
Health will continue to rise as sleeping continues
Asleep (3 more turns)

Skamory|m|Boomerang
57% Health
62% Fatigue
Potty Mouth
Angry
Knows where Axel is

Younglink7
"Spikes ~ Spikes ~ Toxic"
HealdPK
"Sleep Talk ~ Sleep Talk ~ Sleep Talk"

* Round Seven Begins *

Booerang peers at Axel down the hole and starts to shake his wings, flicking small tacks of sharp feathers into the pit. But a chilling wind picks up and clumps of snow and ice batter the steel bird from within the hole. It seems Axel is performing random attacks in his sleep.

Despite being buffeted by the blizzard Boomerang continues to throw little spikes into the hole, but is somewhat suprised when Axel leaps to his feet and runs across the spikes. M<id crossing them, he wakes up and manages to jump out of the hole despite the pain. Having come too, he cn't remember any of the commands he was given when he was asleep, and falls victim to a poisonous Toxic attack from the enemy. Looks like he's back at square one again.

* Results *

Sneasel|m|Axel
80% Health
65% Fatigue
Soles of feet cut
BADLY POISONED (1%|2%)

Skamory|m|Boomerang
48% Health
70% Fatigue
Pleased

* Arena Status *

Sandstorm is Windy (lasts 2 actions)
Floor covered in Spikes
Gaping hole in floor filled with Spikes

Heald
30th December 2003, 05:44 PM
Alright Axel, avoid the spikes by using Dig to get closer to the bird! Come up and freeze him with two Ice Beams!

Dig ~ Ice Beam ~ Ice Beam

younglink7
31st December 2003, 09:09 AM
Boomerang- fly away from your current position to as far away from Sneasel you can get without going out of bounds. Face the middle of the stage, then begin resting and then begin sleep talking.

Fly~Rest~Sleep Talk

RaZoR LeAf
9th January 2004, 03:15 PM
* Stats *

Sneasel|m|Axel
80% Health
65% Fatigue
Soles of feet cut
BADLY POISONED (1%|2%)

Skamory|m|Boomerang
48% Health
70% Fatigue
Pleased

HealdPK
"Dig ~ Ice Beam ~ Ice Beam"
Younglink7
"Fly ~ Rest ~ Sleep Talk"

* Round Seven Begins *

Axel begins to claw at the ground again, digging another hole in the floor. The sandstorm is almsot gone now, so both pokemon can see what the other is doing quite easily. Axel burrows underground, while Boomerang simply takes to the sky and flies up and away to the edge of the field arena. When Axel finally resurfaces a few metres from where he had started digging he finds Bomerang no where to be seen.

The Skamory laughs to itself and closes it's eyes for a rest. Big mistake. After being commanded to Fly, it's up quite high, falling asleep is going to end it.. crashing down to earth. Boomerang hits the ground with a loud thump and a painful squawk, signicalling to Axel it's location. Having got absolutly no sleep, the bird is even worse off that it was before.

Still a fair distance away, Axel tries his luck by firing of an Ice Beam, but his aim is way off, missing Boomerang easily. The Skamory gets itself back on form, but is stuck for how to attack. The round ends with either pokemon having performed successfully.

* Results *

Sneasel|m|Axel
79% Health
75% Fatigue
Soles of feet cut
BADLY POISONED (2%|4%)

Skamory|m|Boomerang
42% Health
78% Fatigue
Sore
Grounded

* Arena Status *

Floor covered in Spikes
Gaping hole in floor filled with Spikes

RaZoR LeAf
15th January 2004, 11:12 AM
I see nothing in the Absence Tower, so Younglink7 has until tomorrow to post or the match goes in favour of his HPKlyness

RaZoR LeAf
16th January 2004, 01:11 PM
I'm done, Younglink7 conceeds victory to HPK by way of disqualification based on lack of supporting eveidence in the Absence Tower. HPK wins a catch or evolution of his choice, and I get 2 Yen. Yay me.

Heald
17th January 2004, 09:27 AM
Thanks RaZoR LeAf. I'm going to go and evolve my Electrike into a Manectric. Good battle Link, I just wish it didn't end this way.