PDA

View Full Version : Another five minute team...

Don't Run With Scizors
30th December 2002, 12:30 AM
Gyarados (m)
Frustration, Earthquake, Dragondance, Rest @Mint Berry
Personality: Attack+, Special Attack-
Characteristic: Menace (lowers enemy Attack greatly)

Thanks to Dragondance, Gyarados now pwns. One Dragondance on the switch-in, and one Earthquake later that Electric-type is DEAD.

Chaaremu (f)
Hi Jump Kick, Shadow Ball, Build-Up, Recover @Leftovers
Personality: Speed+, Special Attack-
Characteristic: Yoga Power (raises Attack)

Sure, females have lower Attack, but I've always though Chaaremu looked very feminine to me (albeit ugly). Build-Up raises Defense against her only two weaknesses - Flying and Ghost - and with Shadow Ball, any Nukenin, Saanaito, or Alakazam can kiss my Chaaremu's butt.

Bashaamo (m)
Overheat, Reversal, Endure, Build Up @berry that raises Speed when HP is low - I've seen this in the Battle Tower...
Personality: Attack+, Special Attack-
Charcteristic: Raging Fire (Fire Attacks more powerful when HP low)

Despite the Special Attack hit from the personality, Overheat is still majorly power, gets STAB, and still runs off a fairly decent Special Attack. And I probably won't be using it more than once or twice. Anyway, Endure + Reversal is going to rock more off that boosted speed, STAB, the high Attack, and, of course, Build Up.

Chiriin (f)
Psychic, Enlighten, Rest, Heal Bell @Mint Berry
Personality: Speed+, Attack-
Characteristic: Floating

Chiriin looks bad at first glance, but I have a feeling this set (or something like it) is going to become popular at some point, because it's a) a Heal Beller, and b) it has the potential to sweep once Enlightened.

Skarmory (m)
Spikes, Drill Peck, Whirlwind, Rest @Leftovers
Personality: Special Defense+, Special Attack-

Self-explanatory, really.

Magneton
Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Reflect, Rest @Leftovers
Personality: Special Attack+, Attack-

Magneton already has 338 Special Attack, and with the personality boost...371. It's going to be destroying a whole lot with the Thunderbolt (and I'm thinking about switching to Thunder, despite the low accuracy, because of the extra power).

Okay, people. Come and bash\worship this team.

Feelingsad
30th December 2002, 02:17 AM
When I was using Chareemu in-game, I noticed that when HJK misses, the damage inflicted seemed unusually high (it was doing like 50% damage to itself). I could be wrong, but you might like to look into it, and plus combo's reflect/LS breaking ability is quite nice. Also, I think the pokemon's gender is calculated differently now, so that female pokes can be every bit as strong as males.
BTW, do you know exactly how much the berry raises your stats or just how it works in general?
And I don't comprehend how anything wearing parachute pants could be considered ugly..

I don't think Chiriin is gonna work so great with enlighten. Seizure might work, but otherwise I suppose there really aren't a lot of options..

Evidently you only have 5 pokemon in your team, I recommend something to cover a Skarmory, as the only thing you have that can swap into a Drill peck is Skarm.. Which is just boring.. Also you would have trouble switching into something using electric attacks, as Gyarados is the only thing on your team with decent special defence, which relying on Skarm too much, could help exploit. A light screen here and there might help.

Heh, rating these teams is actually really hard..

The rest looks great!
Have a nice day.

Don't Run With Scizors
30th December 2002, 12:47 PM
Evidently you only have 5 pokemon in your team...

I knew I was missing something!

I don't think Chiriin is gonna work so great with enlighten.

Don't kid me. Once it gets a few Enlightens in, and with that boosted Speed, it's going to be kicking butt.

BTW, do you know exactly how much the berry raises your stats or just how it works in general?

It probably raises it by one level, but I could be wrong. My Raiboruto was nearly killed by a Buupiggu because the Speed Berry kicked in and let it get an extra Psychic in.

*corrects team*