PDA

View Full Version : [GSC] Ack

HedgeCat
23rd October 2003, 10:48 PM
How do you clone Pokémon again? I know it had to do with despositing the Pokémon. Can someone post how to clone?

LightNinetales
24th October 2003, 04:04 AM
Ok,one of my friends did that and he lost his Suicune....
Anyways....
You put the pokemon you want to clone in the PC.Then,when the Gameboy says to not switch the GB off,switch the GB off.You'll have the pokemon in your party and in your pc.

Number1ChanseyFan
24th October 2003, 07:54 AM
Also, in addition to what LightNinetales said, after you deposit the Pokémon in a box, make sure that you change to another box. So basically, the duplication trick goes like this...

Figure out which Pokémon you want to clone.

If you want, attach an item to the Pokémon that you are going to duplicate, so you will also be cloning the item in addition to the Pokémon.

Save your Game, then go to a computer at a PokéCenter, and access Bill's PC. Deposit the Pokémon that you want to clone, then switch to another box.

Now, when the screen says "saving.....do not turn off the power" turn off the Gameboy. Wait for the entire message to come up before you turn the Gameboy off.

Finally, when you turn your Gameboy back on, if you have done the trick correctly, you will now have two of the Pokémon that you wanted to clone, one in your lineup, and one in the PC box.

Also, the duplicating trick only works on Gold and Silver, not Crystal. Nintendo made sure to get rid of it when Crystal was released. A few people claim that they are able to clone Pokémon on Crystal, but generally, outside of a few isolated cases, it doesn't work on the Crystal version.

HedgeCat
24th October 2003, 10:15 AM
Thanks guys!

LightNinetales
24th October 2003, 10:30 AM
My friend cloned an Onix in Crystal and the duplicating trick worked.Even if he lost his Suicune....

titandude21
24th October 2003, 09:32 PM
i've tried it around 50 times without fail on my gold version. the process was explained by #1CF, but many people like me turn off the game before the entire "Saving... do not turn off the power" message comes up. i normally turn it off when it goes "saving, don't turn"

supersceptile
25th October 2003, 11:18 AM
Are you guys sure it doesn't work on crystal? Cause I wanted to try it... if it doesn't work, I'll restart my game with totodile instead of cyndaquil.... even though I just got to Kanto... Do you think I should restart my game?

Shinji Ikari
25th October 2003, 11:23 AM
It works in Crystal also but it's a lot trickier and requires more precise timing... It's the same way but you hafta turn off a half second after the "power..." or it won't work... Plus it can also glitch up more often than in Gold or Silver...

supersceptile
25th October 2003, 11:37 AM
It's not working for me!!! Man, i wanted a couple of Master Balls.

Strider
25th October 2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Shinji Ikari
It works in Crystal also but it's a lot trickier and requires more precise timing... It's the same way but you hafta turn off a half second after the "power..." or it won't work... Plus it can also glitch up more often than in Gold or Silver...

A lot of others still say that the dupe doesn't work in Crystal, no matter where during the message the game was turned off.

Anyway, supersceptile, if you want some extra Master Balls, dupe a couple in Gold or Silver and transfer them over to Crystal if you are able. If you can't then you're out of luck, unless you have a friend with either of the two versions and a link cable.

titandude21
25th October 2003, 07:00 PM
you could always find the 99 master balls in a trash can the first time you board the S.S. Aqua from Olivine -> Vermilion (G/S, not sure about crystal)

TeleFox
25th October 2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by titandude21
you could always find the 99 master balls in a trash can the first time you board the S.S. Aqua from Olivine -> Vermilion (G/S, not sure about crystal)

This is news to me o_O.
Seriously? If that's true, screw catching the Legendaries the hard way, I'll just wait 'till I get them Master Balls.

titandude21
25th October 2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by TeleFox
This is news to me o_O.
Seriously? If that's true, screw catching the Legendaries the hard way, I'll just wait 'till I get them Master Balls.

I've never tried it myself (since I want to catch my pokes legit), but I've seen sites where it has been tested and worked. What I know (without searching through the internet) is that the ship is very different the first time you board it compared to all the other times you board it. In the ship there's supposed to be a room (similar to SS Anne) with a bunch of trash cans, and once you beat certain trainers, you can search in one of them and find 99 master balls. it's a one time deal, and only can be done the first time you board the ship. someone else will have more information about this. as for me, i see no point in getting all those master balls... what happened to making an effort at catching a legendary pokemon?

TeleFox
25th October 2003, 11:39 PM
True, catching lvl 70 Ho-oh/Lugia is probably the most challenging part of the game, especially since I don't know anyone nearby who'd be a challenge to battle.
I'd still want to get the Master Balls tho, if you fail to catch a shiny you don't really get a second chance :P.

As far as cloning goes, I've never tried it myself but I know someone who messed up their save and had to start over, although if there's any kind of subtlety to it, this guy would've missed it =|

SupremeChampion
26th October 2003, 09:27 PM
well, i have tried many a time to clone on crystal and i can't do it, though i'm not saying it can't be done. as for the 99 master balls, i never heard if that one before.

~The Italian Stallion