PDA

View Full Version : Fanart of a girl from the game "Star Ocean"

Misty's Tears
30th December 2002, 12:49 AM
Hello there, well im at it again, heres a fanart pic that i did from the game "Star Ocean", kind of an older game. The girls name is Rena Lanford, one of the main characters. Suprisingly this one only took me a few hours, usually it takes me alot longer since im such a slowpoke, trying to perfect everything.

click here for the large size pic, its pretty big so it will take a minute to load:
http://www.geocities.com/demosthenes19/elfgirlfinal2.jpg

if that dosen't work or is "temporarily unavalible" try this one, only problem is its a bit small.:
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/demosthenes19/vwp?.dir=/drawings&.src=ph&.dnm=elfgirlfinal2.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/demosthenes19/lst%3f%26.dir=/drawings%26.src=ph%26.view=t

well tell me what you think, i need suggestions on what to do better & what needs work.
~thanks

Kuragari
30th December 2002, 04:21 AM
....:o

That is one awesome picture. I don't really have anything else to say but great work! :D

dienamight
30th December 2002, 04:59 AM
Her lower body is a bit small compared to her head and upper body, but other than that it's pretty damn good.

Satoshi_Tajiri
30th December 2002, 09:01 AM
It's very nice, the shading is awesome.

I also have that problem where the whole picture smudges!:mad:

I bet the bottom of your hand had all pencil smudging on it!

Nuriko
30th December 2002, 11:51 AM
Wow! Like all the others said, that's amazing! You did an awesome job on the shading, and I think the pose is neat, and i especially like your job on her eyes. ^_^ How I wish I could draw like that... o_o

Kasumi Chan
30th December 2002, 01:15 PM
oO
That is so good!
The shading is awesome, her eyes are so expresive. Her clothes have good detail. You really did a wonderful job.

Misty's Tears
30th December 2002, 07:25 PM
yeah thats the main problem with it, either i drew her head to big or else i have her hips to small, ethier way it looks a little messed up. And smudges, ahhh, their the worst, i try everything, wiping off my hand or putting on a cover sheet and ten other things. yeah those things help a lot but still im constantly erasing smudge marks. anyway you guys, thanks for the comments, they are much appreciated.

Eyedolize
31st December 2002, 01:58 AM
I agree, it is a very good picture you drew. I will more then glad to see your new sets of pictures in the future, as you're a very good drawer. Keep up the good work !

Yuki
31st December 2002, 10:19 PM
Cool Artwork,
Very Nice.
Mmmm........smudges, I don't know any good solutions...
Still she's pretty good. :)

Rena Lanford- from Star Ocean: The Second Story

Ninetales3001
31st December 2002, 11:34 PM
Really awesome job! I really like your style, it's really professional looking! :D

My friend was going to cosplay Rena... I don't know why she didn't. If she ever decides to and does it - I'll be sure to show you the pictures.

Misty's Tears
1st January 2003, 07:55 PM
Well thanks to everyone who commented :)
And yep your right, she's from "The Second Story", i just didn't put it in there...
lol, nine i'd love to see a cosplay of her, that'd be so sweet, tell your friend to do it!

Lightning
2nd January 2003, 03:16 PM
My computer does this thing where it resizes any picture online that is bigger than my resolution... @_@;; It did that and I thought that your pic was a black and white scan of official art or something! That's just amazing!! @___@ It's hard to get the torso and head to match the sizes of everything else, so I won't take "marks" off for that or anything. Your art is great! The shading and lighting on it is beautiful. ^-^ I love the eyes too, as Kasumi Chan said, they're very expressive. Heehee.. I like big eyes. ^_^; Anyways.. great job, and I look forward to seeing more of your work. :)

Bai,
Lightning