PDA

View Full Version : Three New Japanese Pokémon AG Episode Titles

Yami Ron
24th October 2003, 08:33 AM
AG 51 (JP327US324): Vs. Medicham! Contest Battle!!
AG 52 (JP328US325): Plusle and Minun! Road Assistance!!
AG 53 (JP329US326): Skitty and Assist! Meadow of Numel

The "meadow" may also translate to farm or pasture land. So when more information becomes available, this title may change.

Discuss.

Zak
24th October 2003, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the titles, Ron! Heh, I just looked over them and was about to post them, but thanks for posting them!

You got almost the same as me, except I kinda disagree with part of the Plusle/Minun one. I think it is:

Plusle and Minun! Cheering Road?!

I think this'll be kinda like the Politoed ep... but I kinda find it suspicious that we had a Plusle and Minun filler only 14 episodes ago.... and that's very little, for two episodes revolving around the same Pokemon. This leads me to believe that something exciting might happen in this ep, given that the other one was a filler, and it was recent... I have no idea what exciting thing could possibly happen, but I just have a feeling something will happen that makes this ep a non-filler.... could be a capture, evolution, recurring character, character development... who knows.

~Zak

Kojiro
24th October 2003, 03:15 PM
Medicaham and Pluse/Minum already have got fillers,this mean it may be a important episode/

And Numel is in one of the titles,could Ash get a Numel here?

Fire_Convoy
24th October 2003, 03:25 PM
Hmm... one filler with Plusle and Minum (could they be the same from the Lighthouse episode?), one Contest for May, who apparently goes up against Medicham this time.

NUMEL! YAY! I personally am sure that Ash will catch Numel. Usually, Ash's captures have followed a regular process (though Corphish really caught me off guard), and since there are so few Fire Pokemon in the Ruby/Sapphire games, I have it worked out to a science:

Vulpix once belonged to Brock, so that is out.

Torchic is May's, so it is also gone.

Torkoal is most likely the signiture Pokemon of Flannerly, the Gym Leader. It is VERY unlikely that Ash would have the same Pokemon as a Gym Leader before they even meet.

Slugma is possible, but it is a Johto Pokemon, and Ash is trying to capture a team of all new Hoenn Pokemon.

Numel is the only option Ash has left!

Chris 2.1
24th October 2003, 03:35 PM
Groovey!

--This continues from the Fallabor Contest episode, but I get the feeling May loses. Why? Because her three Pokemon are all very small, and Medicham is a large fighting ape. Although Beautifly could pull it off...

--I am SO confused -_-;; not these two....

--Hmm, maybe Ash uses Skitty's attract technique to help get himself a Numel? Hehe, a May/Ash effort ^^. I do believe Ash will catch Numel...

Zak
24th October 2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Fire_Convoy
Torkoal is most likely the signiture Pokemon of Flannerly, the Gym Leader. It is VERY unlikely that Ash would have the same Pokemon as a Gym Leader before they even meet.

Well, come to think of it, they *HAVE* been surprising us with the original plots for Gym battles so far, except Roxanne.... however, there was Brawly who Ash LOST to and took 10 eps to beat... they never have waited THAT long before the Gym, plus we didn't even know Ash was gonna lose till the episode aired. Original.

There was Wattson, who Ash took out easily and they made the episode from his point of view. Never happened before.

So... I think it would be a rather interesting plot if the Gym leader and the challenger (Ash) used the same Pokemon... they've never done that before, have they?

Meh, I don't like the idea of Ash catching Numel, after:
A. He just met a Camerupt.
B. It seems more of a Team Rocket/Magma Pokemon, for the bad guys.... based on the game, yanno.
C. As I said above, it seems like a good Pokemon for the bad guys... and we've got a character in desperate need for Pokemon, who happens to be a bad guy - James! Numel would be PERFECT for him. Especially since it's the "Numb" Pokemon, it also looks kinda stupid, and I could imagine the comedy they'd give Numel :D.

~Zak

Fire_Convoy
24th October 2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Zak
Well, come to think of it, they *HAVE* been surprising us with the original plots for Gym battles so far, except Roxanne.... however, there was Brawly who Ash LOST to and took 10 eps to beat... they never have waited THAT long before the Gym, plus we didn't even know Ash was gonna lose till the episode aired. Original.

There was Wattson, who Ash took out easily and they made the episode from his point of view. Never happened before.

So... I think it would be a rather interesting plot if the Gym leader and the challenger (Ash) used the same Pokemon... they've never done that before, have they?

Meh, I don't like the idea of Ash catching Numel, after:
A. He just met a Camerupt.
B. It seems more of a Team Rocket/Magma Pokemon, for the bad guys.... based on the game, yanno.
C. As I said above, it seems like a good Pokemon for the bad guys... and we've got a character in desperate need for Pokemon, who happens to be a bad guy - James! Numel would be PERFECT for him. Especially since it's the "Numb" Pokemon, it also looks kinda stupid, and I could imagine the comedy they'd give Numel :D.

~Zak

I'll concede the Gym Leader point, but here's some further proof:

1. Ash saw Crawdaunt before capturing Corphish. A recent episode had Ash encounter Camerupt. Numel is the next logical step.

2. Team Aqua uses Crawdaunt in the anime, and Team Magma uses Camerupt in the game. Again, Numel fits in perfectly with Corphish.

JazzJazz
24th October 2003, 04:17 PM
There another big reason for Ash not to get a numel... there's nothing set in stone that says he has to have a fire pokemon! Sure, he's always had the three "main" types (grass, fire, water)... but he doesn't absolutely have to get a new fire pokemon...

aron master
25th October 2003, 05:38 PM
I would love to see ash get a numel and iwould like to see how ash get it

and that cool we will be see skitty a lot in the next 3 episode

Nikku-San
26th October 2003, 02:33 AM
I don't know what contests are like yet, so I can't really judge... But Medicham seems... It should be interesting. ^_^;;

Errr... Ummm, Ash and co uh, break down and Plusle and Minun give them a jump-start? It would work... IF THEY WERE DRIVING A CAR! But they aren't. And that would make for a very short, very boring episode...

The title hear leads me to believe that maybe Skitty learns Assist after seeing Plusle and Minun use it... As for Numel... what can I say, I never really liked the thing... ^_^;;

Umm, hey, that's 52 (actually 53) eps of AG.... So, where's our new opening? Will it start with AG 53? Or will we have to put up with the same opening forever like with Ready Go? Oh well, at least Ready Go REALLY fitted the Silver Convention.

Zak
26th October 2003, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by Nikku-San

[b]AG 52 (JP328US325): Plusle and Minun! Road Assistance!!
Errr... Ummm, Ash and co uh, break down and Plusle and Minun give them a jump-start? It would work... IF THEY WERE DRIVING A CAR! But they aren't. And that would make for a very short, very boring episode...

~Check out my edited title. The "Road" thing, isn't in the context of a physical road, it's more of a figurative type "Road" like "Road to....". And the Assistance thing is more under the context of "Support, cheer, fan" type assistance. So I would call it the "Cheering Path". Besides, I think this makes a lot of sense, given that Plusle and Minun happen to be classified in the English Pokedex as the "Cheering" Pokemon, so it fits perfectly.

The title hear leads me to believe that maybe Skitty learns Assist after seeing Plusle and Minun use it... As for Numel... what can I say, I never really liked the thing... ^_^;;

~Plusle and Minun don't have Assist, lol. They have "Helping Hand". A lot of people get them mixed up, don't worry. Helping Hand is the move that helps in 2 on 2, which a lot of coupled Pokemon like Plusle/Minun, Latias/Latios, Volbeat/Illumise, etc. have, and the Japanese name translates to "Help". Assist, however, is an attack that as far as I know, only Skitty has. It's one of those exclusive moves... however, the Japanese name of it "Neko no te" translates to "Cat's Paw".... wonder how they got to "Assist"... probably some Japanese expression ^^;; Well, that's what Skitty learns.

Umm, hey, that's 52 (actually 53) eps of AG.... So, where's our new opening? Will it start with AG 53? Or will we have to put up with the same opening forever like with Ready Go? Oh well, at least Ready Go REALLY fitted the Silver Convention.

~Heh, I think it'll actually start at 51. :)

2ra
26th October 2003, 09:30 AM
Spinda and Sentret also learn Assist, there might be a f ew others too, but I'm not sure ^^;

Nikku-San
26th October 2003, 03:27 PM
At 51, huh? Yay, the sooner the better. ^_^ Advanced Adventure is great, but after 50 episodes, they need a new one.

As for the Assist thing, that's... interesting. ^_^;; How does the attack work?

Gravy
26th October 2003, 05:26 PM
Yay! 2 part contest battle ^_^ Dunno how Medicham is going to come into this. Must be for the tough/smart contest I suppose. Then again, I can't see any of Haruka's pokémon competing in either, with the exception of Beautifly in the smart contest...it just seems intelligent to me.
Then again, Torchic seems to have gotten a lot tougher since Haruka first got it...

Meh...Plusle and Minun. I couldn't care less about either of them. 1 episode was enough for them I think :P

lol, as soon as I saw the title with the word 'Numel' in it I just knew the old 'which fire-type will Ash get?' topic would sprout up. :P
Oh well...I won't go into that. What I want to know, is how Skitty comes into it all. I can't wait to see how that turns out, anything will be a surprise in this one. Although, they do mention a meadow, so maybe this will have something to do with the aromapherapy theme in the episode where Skitty is caught...*shrugs* Just speculating :P

Chris 2.1
9th November 2003, 04:24 PM
It seems Beautifly does compete here, against Medicham! In the picture i've seen, Medicham is kinda pinky where i thought it was orange, and it doesn't look as big as I imagined. Hmm...I wonder how she'll do...

I also believe the trainer is named Gracie/Grace, i think. I would have liked the Battle Girl to reappear, that would be nice ^^.