PDA

View Full Version : celebi?

DarkFenix
24th October 2003, 01:05 PM
hey, just wondering, before I buy ruby and sapphire, is it possible to get celebi in them?

woz
24th October 2003, 01:07 PM
:no:

MatthewKetchum037
24th October 2003, 01:32 PM
Not without sharking.

Silent Dragonfly
24th October 2003, 01:36 PM
Apparently it's in the RPG mode of Pokemon Colosseum

MatthewKetchum037
24th October 2003, 01:38 PM
You mean the story mode with the dark trainer?

Silent Dragonfly
24th October 2003, 01:55 PM
Yeah, except your not really a "dark" trainer. You start off with an Espeon and Umbreon, you steal evil pokemon from abusive trainers, then battle with them. They only know the move Dark Crush (like struggle but with 100 base power) and they have a purple bar which shows how far they are from becoming good again and start learning moves. You can't trade them to Ruby, Sapphire, Fire or Leaf while they are still evil though.

67 GSC pokes are avaliable from this and apparently Celebi is one of them.

MatthewKetchum037
24th October 2003, 01:58 PM
Okay. But do you mean that those 67 pokes can be caught and transferred to R/S? Sorry, I'm trying to find out all I can about Coliseum.

I thought this guy in black was a bad guy also?

Poryhedron
24th October 2003, 02:04 PM
Erm, it's all there in cloudizme's answer. Let me rephrase it if that helps:

There's an RPG mode in Coliseum where you meet evil trainers who have corrupted their pokémon. You can steal the evil pokémon from their masters (folks, welcome to two wrongs making a right) and then train the evil pokémon yourself. You can't transfer them to R/S/FR/LG right away, but after some time in your care, the evil pokémon will revert to their original good-natured selves, and then you can transfer them.

Silent Dragonfly
24th October 2003, 02:09 PM
Yeah, that's right Poryhedron. And MK037, if you mean can you transfer from R/S to story mode, then no you can't.

I don't think the guy you play as is evil, but here's some other info about the story mode. It's set in the Oore region and you have a female partner who follows you around. You travel around Oore by walking, motorcycle and train.

MatthewKetchum037
24th October 2003, 03:07 PM
Thanks for clearing that up.

-xDigitalAngelx-
25th October 2003, 05:17 AM
Hey cloudizme where did you get that information from? i have been lookin everywhere for info on Pokemon Colosseum and i cant find anything!!:(

Gligar_Man
25th October 2003, 05:58 AM
yes i would also like to read up on it...

im betting its a specific link, so feel free to post it (y)

Silent Dragonfly
25th October 2003, 06:33 AM
I got the info here:

http://www.serebii.net/colosseum/scenario.shtml

and here:

http://www.serebii.net/colosseum/pokemon.shtml

MatthewKetchum037
27th October 2003, 01:48 PM
Serebii, why am I not surprised. The oracle always has all the answers.

-edit-
I think I just figured it out: you have 202 in R/S. You have 67 of the unobtainables in Coliseum, and I think the rest will be in R/G! That has to be it!

StellarWind
27th October 2003, 02:43 PM
AS the matter of fact...

I have a bit clearer version of the story, from the official Japanese Pokemon Webpage.

In the region of Oore, with the exception of some abusive trainers, there exists a mysterious group of trainers whose purpose is unknown - but in order to achieve it, they try to 'snatch' Pokemon from trainers by the use of 'Snatch Balls'. A Pokemon captured with a Snatch ball, in a way, has its mind shut off - In other words, he or she loses all emotions and become perfect war machines (Any one reminded of the fourth movie? That's right, me too). Pokemon with their mind shut off have a certain 'dark aura' around them, which only few can see.

Mirei, the female character, is one of those who can.

Her Pokemon have been stolen from her by said organization, and she sought help.

Enter our hero, (rumor has it that his default name is Leo) who posesses a 'Snatch Machine' on his arm - A device which allows him to convert ordinary PokeBalls into Snatch Balls. He also posesses a hover-bike of some sort. It seems that his purpose would be to uncover this organization and its goals, though I am not quite sure how.

Now for 'dark' status Pokemon. Only Mirei can see the dark aura around Pokemon in your team. There is, as mentioned before, a Purple bar indicating the status of the Pokemon's mind. When a Pokemon is first 'snatched', the only move it can learn is Dark Crush, a double-edge-esque move.

The more you battle with a snatched pokemon, the more experience it gets, and the more its mind is cleared. But even when the dark bar drains out, the Pokemon is not fully restored. There is a certain place where you have to take your almost-completely-restored Pokemon - Where at last the pokemon is 'Revived', and you can nickname it then.

Celebi is not naturally available in Colosseum's Story Mode - It comes as an addition on a bonus CD (along with a Light-Ball toting Pikachu and some other items). In Japan, this CD will be accessible to those who'll pre-order the game. It is unknown if the Bonus CD will be given out with the game EG The Windwaker.

I hope this clears things out.

Riven
27th October 2003, 07:48 PM
Cool, I'm going to have to get my Gamecube soon so I can be ready when this come out in Australia.

MatthewKetchum037
28th October 2003, 02:09 PM
They're only 100 bucks, at least they are in america.

×XסShadowPrinceˇ×X×
28th October 2003, 10:25 PM
I think it's still the same price at Australia ($199.99).

Riven
29th October 2003, 12:37 AM
Yeah, they $194.95, I might hopefully be getting one for christmas

Joshua Neal
29th October 2003, 12:19 PM
I can't wait for PoKeMoN Colosseum to come out so that I can either pre-order the game or buy it to obtain the bonus disc and I'm going to tell my sister about the 67 PoKeMoN you can get from colosseum.

This is going to be one of the best PoKeMoN games to be made.

MatthewKetchum037
29th October 2003, 12:45 PM
They are only $99.99 in America now. I guess I may actually have to pre-order it.