PDA

View Full Version : Dark Matter (RMT)

Pig on the Wing
24th October 2003, 04:58 PM
After an overall review and batlling 7 different people, I have finally completed my team. I will edit later and put in the nature of two Pokemon because they are are still in their eggs. Also, I don't use Pokemon you only get one of in the game. Ah well, here it is, my Ruby team 'Dark Matter'

Name: Manectric
Type: Electric
Nickname: Jolt
Nature: (still in egg)
Item: Lum Berry
Ability: Static (hopefully)
Moves: Thunder Wave/Thunderbolt/Crunch/Charge

I like it. And I prefer Charge over HP Grass/Ice/Water because i don't need HP Grass/Ice/Water because i'm not going to keep her out against a Ground type. I have tried Roar, but found it tends not to work so well on her. Tbolt/T~Wave standard electric type moves. Crunch, well Crunch somes in handy a hell of a lot. Charge is for simple Tbolt effectiveness. However I may replace Charge with Attract. Opinions plz. Lum Berry is self-explanatory on a starter, and Static because it paralyzes quite a lot I find. Plus I don't think Lightning Rod does anything.

Name: Gardevoir
Type: Psychic
Nickname: Cell
Nature: Jolly
Item: Shell Bell
Ability: Synchronize
Moves: Psychic/Thunderbolt/Light Screen/Reflect

Not much to explain really. Light Screen/Reflect simply for protection. Tbolt for more electrical support on the team. Psychic is standard on all psychic types. I prefer Sychronize to Trace as you'd be suprosed how many people try to sleep/parayze it. Shell Bell is there because she can deal out some heavy damage with that massive Sp. Atk of hers and then get one hell of a lot of health back in the same turn. I know you people are going to tell me to replace it, but there you go. I'm still probably going to use it. Better than a two-turn recovory set-up or a sleep-induced recovery set-up if you ask me.

Name: Swampert
Type: Water/Ground
Nickname: Duckweed
Nature: (still in egg)
Item: Quick Claw
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Surf/Earthquake/Ice Beam/Protect

Righty. Seeing as Water starters are my favourites, I always use their fully evolved forms on my teams. Surf/Earthquake/Ice Beam are all pretty standard. Protect is there because I'm absolutely terrified of fighting a Slaking and this bad-boy is my means of showing them things that I mean buisness...
Torrent is on all Mudkips/Marshstomps/Swamperts so it's a standard. Quick Claw is there because of this things damn sucky speed.

Name: Armaldo
Type: Rock/Bug
Nickname: Majin Buu
Nature: Quirky
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Battle Armour
Moves: Earthquake/Ancientpower/Slash/Aerial Ace

Ahh....
Armaldo is the newest addition to my team and together with Skarr (mentioned later) brings the team victory almost every time. The moveset is the same as Stephen's (Ruby/Sapphire champion) except it has Earthquake instead of Water Pulse. I did that because Armaldo's Sp. Attack stat is way too low to use a non-stab 60 power attack. Aerial Ace so I can never miss - whatever happens! HAHAHAHA!!! Slash for critical hit purposes and also because it's a nice Normal type attack. Ancientpower because I don't want to breed for Rock Slide and Earthquake because it's a really good attack.

Name: Ninetales
Type: Fire
Nickname: Vixen
Nature: Calm
Item: King's Rock
Ability: Flash Fire
Moves: Flamethrower/Confuse Ray/Safegaurd/Faint Attack

Well... Ninetales - the only decent Fire type in Ruby/Sapphire, with the exception of Blaziken. Flamethrower is standard on most Fire types. C~Ray is also standard on NietalesVulpix. Safegaurd because I really don't like status problems on my team, they bug me. Faint Attack... your all probably wondering why I put Faint Attack on a Ninetales. I'll tell you. In case you hadn't noticed, Ninetales has a fairly high Sp. Atk. Plus, quite a few people have tried evasive techniques on her. They really get on my nerves, especially when I keep missing. Put the two together, loom at the rest of team, look at the moves Ninetales can learn, and Faint Attack is there, shining like a beacon......
Ah well. King's Rock because she's very fast and so can have a go at flinching the opponent.

Name: Zangoose
Type: Normal
Nickname: Skarr
Nature: Hardy
Item: Cheri Berry
Ability: Immunity
Moves: Crush Claw/Shadow Ball/Brick Break/Swords Dance

*drum roll* It's........ Skarr!
Crush Claw is standard really, Shadow Ball so I can fight Ghost types, Brick Break to finally give me the power to fight every single Pokemon effecively. Swords Dance is there to power them all up!!! Cheri Berry is simply there because I always use Swords Dance when I first send him out and in that turn the opponent always tries to slow me down by paralyzing me. Doesn't with that attached.
Basically, I've found that if I use Swords Dance once, I can kill most Pokes one hit. Twice is just pure evil, and three times is simple suicide to fight him. And believe me, he fights right to the end.

There it is.

Rate in any way ou won't.

Please Rate/Critizise/Advise

Thanks in advance

EDIT 1: changed Manectric's colour from yellow to orange... that yellow is too bright...

titandude21
24th October 2003, 09:24 PM
Manectric: charge is a waste of space, but with high spatt, HP decent type can do good damage to grounds.

Gardevoir: will-o-wisp over reflect.

Swampert: roar/rest/curse over protect

Armaldo: swords dance over slash... if you can get Bug HP then put that over Aerial ace... otherwise, leave it the way it is

Ninetales: faint attack has little use on ninetales, safeguard has little use period. try flamethrower, will-o-wisp, confuse ray/spite, rest/roar/attract

Zangoose: go with SD/Return/shadow ball/quick attack

Warahyuu
27th October 2003, 05:14 PM
Manectric: I think hp:ice would be better over charge

Gardevoir: will-o-wisp over reflect.

Swampert: There isn't alot of use in using Surf with ice beam and earthquake because ice beam and earthquake cover the same types and more. Drop surf for roar and protect for rest.

Armaldo: Swords Dance over slash and rest over aerial ace.

Ninetales: Flamethrower/Overheat, Will-O-Wisp, Confuse Ray, Fire Spin/Grudge

Zangoose: Use Return over crush claw