PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Advanced (Advanced Generation) English Opening

Animelee
25th October 2003, 05:51 AM
http://alt.kidswb.com/movies/SCR_POK_Adv_Intro1.mov

There it is, including May's beginning monologue before the episode title.

The song is catchy, but I'll stick to "Advance Adventure". :)

I guess 4Kids will stick to the unneccesary (sp) background music changes. :rolleyes:

If anyone wants to compare this to the original Japanese part, let me know.

Entropy
25th October 2003, 07:22 AM
The theme was alright, nothing out-of-this-world. As I watched the scene with May, I was reminded of how little effort Ms. Taylor puts to differentiate the voices. How much is she paid again?

As for the opening animation, it was simply horrible. I don't know why they must do the animation on the music and not the other way around. It would probably work better. The shifted scenes from the fromt to the back and they also used a couple of scenes from actual episodes like the previous themes.

'Advanced Adventure' is no contest to this dub-junk.

Rocketboy
25th October 2003, 07:39 AM
Animelee, no sound is coming out of my computer! could you give me a realplayer version?

Animelee
25th October 2003, 07:40 AM
I don't have any programs that can convert .MOV files to .RM files. I had one once, but the free trail ended. >_<

Kojiro
25th October 2003, 07:50 AM
Ohh the new Opening is awesome in my opinion! And glad to see the BGM was not completely SOnic X sounding.

Arctic A
25th October 2003, 08:09 AM
The new intro song aint to bad...coulda been alot worse. 'Advance Adventure' is definetly better though. Now they really should have got someone different to voice May. Conversations betweem her and Ash are going to be strange. O_o

Kojiro
25th October 2003, 08:45 AM
Another thing I noticed, you know in all the other US OP they inserted all those clips from Episodes in the intro? Well this one only has one clip of those,the rest is from the Japanese Opening!

Entropy
25th October 2003, 09:40 AM
It's the one with Ash twirling around and shoving his hand holding a Pokeball into our face, right?

Zhen Lin
25th October 2003, 09:41 AM
Yes - this intro has a lot more Japanese footage than any previous one - and they're mostly in order too...

This puts Johto Journeys at the #2 spot.

Curious thing is, as far as I can tell, both "OK!" and "Advance Adventure" are rock-and-roll style, the style apparently preferred by Americans.

The A/V sync on this one is also excellent, compared to MQ.

I couldn't really hear the lyrics though. Nor should it matter - most of them have been worthless junk repeated over and over again.

Shuppet Master
25th October 2003, 11:50 AM
I liked the intro! The "I want to be a hero" lyrics were pretty good. I can't wait for next week for the whole Pokemon Hoenn adventure to begin. :)

have a stammer
25th October 2003, 04:06 PM
The song is horrible. Only good part is that they finally stopped splicing in clips from the show into the Openings as they have done from the begging. With the only splice in being Ash's little twirl, the video really shines with the original opening animation. The song of course reminds us that there are worse things then banned episodes and calling rice balls "sandwiches" and that is the Tone deaf songs that regularly appear spit up on to a episode. Half hearted half digested "songs" that dot the pokemon world. Similar to the recent "Gotta catch ya later" episode, that misty song when she was weepy.

The one thing that struck me as odd was the end with all the characters together, It's when the background suddenly used the most advanced 1983 technology vertical splash of red and blue and then a twirl of colorful light. Whatever good use of original opening animation bad song. :wave:

BlueKecleon
25th October 2003, 04:16 PM
I liked it, goes well with the theme of Pokemon Advanced

riptide
26th October 2003, 01:20 AM
The opening is actually kind of cool, I like the duel battle with Treecko and Taillow though...that was cool.

But, what's the deal with Absol? I mean, I understand showing the Lengendaries, but why Absol? Could Ash possibly catch one later....*gasp* could he actually catch a super rare and powerful Pokemon?

Craig
26th October 2003, 01:42 AM
I like how the theme song doesnt take 30 hours: ) I like it actually.. May is only 10? She doesn't [b]look[b] 10, if you know what I mean, even besides that..she looks alot older then 10. :x

This series shows some definite promise.

Nikku-San
26th October 2003, 01:54 AM
Wow! That was great! I really love the new opening! ^_^ My only complaint is it's a bit short. THEY BETTER RELEASE IT ON CD!

Nikku-San
26th October 2003, 02:46 AM
Hey, just posting again to tell you all something really neat to try. Try watching the video in fast mode. If hearing May as a chipmunk isn't great enough... Well, let's just say Alvin and the chipmunks totally should have sung the new opening! ^_^

Pokemon Kid
27th October 2003, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Kojiro
Ohh the new Opening is awesome in my opinion! And glad to see the BGM was not completely SOnic X sounding.

I loooooooooooooooooove the dub opening. "I want to be a hero...."

I like the effect at the end. But, May's voice sounds like a 16 year old. I'm telling you, the girls in my class DO NOT sound like that.

4Kids did a really good job on the opening, but not the BGM changes, or the pun titles.

*Walks out singing Pokemon Advanced*

[attachment deleted by admin]

Tha Legend
27th October 2003, 08:18 AM
It's actually pretty enjoyable in my opinion, nut my favorite is the pokèmon theme from the first movie.
~Legend~

Whirlpuff
30th October 2003, 09:21 PM
I hate the new theme. It's worse than the Master Quest theme. :no:

Totodilemew
30th October 2003, 09:35 PM
I like the theme so much better than the other ones. I just hope that the BGM of AG doesn't get a hack job.

Entropy
31st October 2003, 05:00 AM
Too late. In fact, watch the clip that's offered in this thread and the scene with May biking up the mountain is played with horrible dub music in the background. 4Kids strikes again.

Venasaur89
1st November 2003, 09:05 AM
The intro is gr8. I really didn't liked the beginning part, but the rest is gr8. And, its really different from other intros.

*Murkrow
1st November 2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by riptide

But, what's the deal with Absol? I mean, I understand showing the Lengendaries, but why Absol? Could Ash possibly catch one later....*gasp* could he actually catch a super rare and powerful Pokemon?

I see it that Absol being there was a hint towards the Sixth movie, it was shown along with Latios/Latias who had already appeared in a movie, so it kinda fits.

As for the theme song, I'm not so sure if I like it or not@_@ It's not as catchy as the old ones, I don't think, but there's a certain ring to it after hearing a couple of times.

It's nice that they included most of the original intro scenes though, the battle at the begining is neat, and the rest is pretty good.

Gravy
1st November 2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Entropy
Too late. In fact, watch the clip that's offered in this thread and the scene with May biking up the mountain is played with horrible dub music in the background. 4Kids strikes again.
Actually, after this episode, the original music is kept, mostly in the battle sences and such, which is a massive sigh of relief ^_^0

Kojiro
1st November 2003, 02:31 PM
So you mean in the UK episodes that have been coming on,which are the same as the US ones,they have more Original Music then the first Dub Epi?

The only original song was the TR motto,which I love!

Gravy
1st November 2003, 02:33 PM
Well...after episode one, its kept frequently, but not all the time. Its no different in the UK than it is in the US though.

Kojiro
1st November 2003, 03:02 PM
Yay! That is good news,so you mean eventually we get the game tunes back? You know the songs from the game and the old seasons.

Entropy
1st November 2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Gravy
Actually, after this episode, the original music is kept, mostly in the battle sences and such, which is a massive sigh of relief ^_^0

Well, the next episode for me was hardly that. According to Dogasu's review episode, only 1 battle scene music was retained and that was it. I'll hold you to your claim, though.

Kojiro
1st November 2003, 06:11 PM
I think he was talking bout the episodes after the two Premier Episodes,I heard they had to rush making those two,to get them out in time,so the dub music was pretty rushed.

BTW you know on the Commercial for Pokemon Advanced, Sevipers voice is good,but does anybody know what Cacnea or Corphish sound like in the dub.

Entropy
1st November 2003, 06:26 PM
I was aware of that. That's why I'm holding the claim to him to see if he's right.