PDA

View Full Version : [GSC] The Wrath of a King v.01

tkwiget
26th October 2003, 12:33 PM
I am back out of retirement and training myself for RS, even though it's been out for a while now.

Jolteon @ Miracle Berry
Thunder Bolt
Thunder Wave
Bite
Sand Attack

Sand Attack works a lot better than you think, toppling with a Thunder Wave increases it's usefullness while forcing a switch to happen. Generally a skilled player would switch after they see what's going on.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Drill Peck
Hidden Power (Ground)
Agility
Sandstorm?

HP(Ground) is to cover the major weaknesses it has, which are Fire and Electric types. Agility is to get that needed boost in speed. I don't really need to use it more than once, so the fourth move is where I need some help at. I forget what would be the fourth move, I don't like two defensive moves on a Skarmory and I have Curse Skarmory as they take too long to setup. Perhaps Hyper Beam? But that move isn't realible at all. Maybe Whirl Wind for force switching and disruption.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Toxic
Confuse Ray
Rest
Mean Look

This set is standard from what I remember. Just the good old box 'n' tox Umbreon. Very stable from the last time I remember

Starmie @ Scope Lens
Surf
Thunder Wave
Confuse Ray
Recover

Death Starmie, I love this set and this pokemon. It's one of my all time favorites like the last three above. Though some of you might suggest more attacks to vary the usefullness it has, but I like the set as it is.

Rhydon @ Leftovers
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Submission
Roar

Roar for disruption. The rest of the moves make this pokemon my physical attack sweeper or just my sweeper in general.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Psychic
Heal Bell
Softboiled
Thunder??

The last move I can't really think of. I don't want to limit it to just killing off Machamp that switch in. I was thinking of Thunder Wave instead of Thunder, but I can't remember if that's legal or not. I don't believe it is. So if it isn't legal, then how about Thunder?

There's my "out-of-retirement" team for right now.

titandude21
26th October 2003, 04:04 PM
Jolteon: attract/sub over sand-attack... hp ice over bite

skarmory: drill peck, WW, rest, filler

Umbreon: Mean Look, Baton Pass, Moonlight, Charm/Screech/Sand-Attack

Starmie: yep

Rhydon: Curse/Counter/Rest over Submission

Blissey: ice beam over psychic

Sir Chris
26th October 2003, 04:09 PM
got a bad back I am going to do a quick rate, I dont like doing these, just some pointers.

jolty- attract/substitute in the last spot. sand attack iirc has half the modifier of dt and this makes it 'not good' and it always seems that it doesnt work fast enough, and jolty's defense are 'not good' so it cant take the hits while relying on luck. Bite while decent on the speedster isn't very good. attract/substitute/t-wave on a non ground can cause a living hell. requires 5/6 straight turns w/o par/attraction, gl to them. oh, and leftovers for the item!

Skarmory- Nay, just nay. HP grond has no true use imo, so uh curse over that, yeah curse, gives it some fire power. Skarmory isnt a good all out offenseive pokemon imo, its attack iirc is 2..38? something like that. Agility is boo with curse overall, put whirlwind over that, it is an effective psuedo hazer. rest in the last spot, sand storm is just horrible imo.

side note bout hp ground: it cant handle fires and elctircs, just run from them, just run

umby- confuse ray has bad accuracy and hit rate overall(hit themselves...) so put charm over that, makes umby a whorish tank you wouldnt believe, toxic is OK but I like baton pass over that, up to you.

starmie- decent enough although I like t-bolt over confuse ray for waters.

rhydon- doesnt need submission, covers every type with atleast 1x dmg with rock slide/eq, so curse in that spot, curse/roar = fun

blissey- psychic doesnt help against fighters much IMO, put light screen to help the team and ice beam over thunder for accuracy and general type coverage.

Sorry for the short rate but I am not feeling well, if I left anything unanswered plz post and I will try to get back to you, thank you. and have a nice day

~ Chris

tkwiget
26th October 2003, 05:50 PM
Well it looks I was mistaken to get help from anyone here. Thanks anyway for suggestions that I know that fail.

Sir Chris
26th October 2003, 05:57 PM
uhhh.... excuse me sir, but what fails and why do ye suggest that they fail, do you want to explain yeself? these work fine for me. O_o. I take the time to help ye and ye INSULT my sets? well, fair enough, I just dont see what truly is failed here.