PDA

View Full Version : Enigma Divided

2ra
26th October 2003, 01:01 PM
Chapter 1: What Are You Glaring At?

Authors Note: Sorry I quit my last fic to all its loyal readers, but instead I have started this fic, and I'm going to try to put all that I have learned to use. I'm kinda half asleep, so...yeah lol Hopefully, this fic will also get its share of loyal readers and I am writing this for you, the readers. Uh, I guess that's mostly it, enjoy the fic!

Seeming as if his face was glued on to the television, 2ra sat there, as if entranced by a wizard's spell, watching. Sure, the television was small, and without the color that fills our daily lives, but at least he was able to watch. Brushing back his wild black hair, 2ra closed in on the television, he didn't want to miss one minute of it...

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to our ninth annual Pokemon Contest Championships!" the spokesperson said, reminding 2ra of the Pokemon League and how he wanted to participate in it since he was a child.

You could faintly see the arena, as the whole room was darkened, only with a spotlight on the spokesperson. From far away, you could see his piercing blue eyes, flaming red hair, and a purple tuxedo which left much to be desired.

Standing there, as if stupefied, 2ra had a strange feeling about this man, as if he had seen him before. Before he regained consciousness, as like an epiphany in many of the stories he read as a child, the man stopped speaking and two contestants were already on the stage, ready for combat.

One of the trainers seemed familiar, as he then noticed that it was his best friend, Daniella, the point of him watching the contest in the first place! Daniella stood there with a determined face, just as he thought she would. She was wearing her lucky green cap, a green vest with a blue shirt under, large yellow boots, and a pair of blue shorts, which made her look like a Lotad.

Her opponent, on the other hand, was wearing a pink silk blanket, or so it looked so, that covered her whole body, all except for her face. Her face was intriguing, large blue eyes with a small dot in the middle of her face, making her look as if she practiced Hinduism.

"Let the Cute Contest begin! The first round will be a battle between the two Pokemon, the time limit if 5 minutes, and if one is knocked out, they automatically lose the contest!" the spokesperson said, which you had to guess because he wasn't even on screen anymore.

As the two trainers shot their Pokeballs into the air, a red light engulfed the platform on which they stood, releasing two Pokemon on each side. On Daniella's side was Lotad, the lily pad Pokemon which she had dressed like. After giving it a few words of encouragement, the lily pad jumped into the center of the platform, tilting its head a bit because its large lily pad weighed a bit too much.

The cloaked woman's Pokemon was unlike anything 2ra had ever seen, some could say it looked like a moth, but it had a very strange coloring. Its whole body was purple, with light green wings and large yellow eyes that could probably see the whole platform at once.

"Dustox, use your Psybeam now!" the cloaked woman said.

As the moth approached the lily pad Pokemon, it shot a rainbow-colored beam, hitting Lotad right in its small yellow nose. Lucky enough, it wasn't confused, but it was weakened considerably and Daniella needed to think of something fast.

"Uh, Lotad, try an attack you think would be best for this situation!" Daniella exclaimed, you could tell she was very nervous and couldn't even think.

Confused, her small green Pokemon did as it was told and used it's Astonish, disappearing one moment and appearing right in front of Dustox! As it smashed right into it, the moth Pokemon didn't seem too hurt as it countered with Silver Wind, blowing back Lotad and smashing it into Daniella.

Lotad, now covered in sparkles, was held in Daniella's arms. Noticing that the match was still going on for a few minutes, Lotad jumped out of her arms and went back onto the field.

Laughing, the cloaked woman shouted, "Dustox use Poison Sting!"

As obedient as can be, Dustox shot hundreds of pins at Lotad, causing it to get poisoned, which meant trouble for Daniella. Now hurt, the lily pad slumped as it was slowly getting worse by the minute.

Thinking fast, Daniella yelled, "Lotad, use your Nature Power!"

Still slumping, the lily pad Pokemon started to shine, blinding Dustox for a moment as it gathered the suns rays for an ultimate attack. As small bubbles of light started to enter Lotad, Daniella and her opponent just stood there, waiting for what was coming next.

"Lo-TAD!" the lily pad Pokemon yelled as it shot a large blast of solar energy at Dustox!

As the smoke settled, Dustox laid there, unconscious from the Solarbeam attack. The cloaked woman, seeing this, returned her Pokemon, and in a rage left the platform.

"We...won?" Daniella said to her Lotad, as suddenly the lights went out in the house.

"Huh?" 2ra said in disbelief as he was enshrouded in darkness, the power had gone out and he was never able to see his friend finish!

In a state of panic, 2ra ran outside, slamming the door behind him. The Ruby Islands looked beautiful today, the cold breezes announcing that winter was coming soon as the leaves started to change colors and fall to the ground from which they originated. Everything seemed to be normal, for this time of weather at least, until 2ra noticed that his house was the only one without power!

Running to his backyard, 2ra could see what was wrong; a large black snake had chewed on the electrical wires, which meant they’d be without power for weeks! Running up to it, the snake got startled, quickly using its Glare to paralyze 2ra and slither away into the woods behind his house.

Quickly regaining power over his body, 2ra manages to take a Pokeball off his belt and manage to weakly throw it onto the ground, releasing a small bird Pokemon next to his grey jeans. It had big eyes, with round black circles around them, and its body was a baby blue color, same as 2ra’s shirt. Carrying a large white bag, the Pokemon just smiled at its owner, then suddenly running around like its hyper self.

“Delibird, we have to find that Seviper!” 2ra told his buddy, and both were on their way.

Walking through the forest was not an easy task, since the trees basically covered the sun itself, meaning darkness filled the forest. The two stood there, just looking around, until the bird Pokemon quickly started jumping up and down, it had spotted something.

“De-Deli!” the bird Pokemon said as it scampered across over to a bush, and just as he had thought, the snake they were looking for was there!

“Quickly Delibird, don’t let it get away! Use Present!” 2ra exclaimed.

Upon hearing its trainer, Delibird searched its bag for what seemed to be a rainbow colored orb, lighting up the forest itself with its radiant glow. As the bird was about to throw it, Seviper quickly used its Glare, paralyzing Delibird and causing the orb to explode, damaging itself instead!

“Delibird, are you okay?!?” 2ra yelled as he ran up to the bird Pokemon, picking it up and nestling it within his arms.

Determined, 2ra kept on going, but it seems that the snake used its Smokescreen to envelope the forest, because smoke was everywhere and fire was nowhere to be seen. Holding his breath, 2ra quickly ran, sprinting out of the smoke and finding himself in a clearing.

“Where am I?” 2ra asked himself, out of the many times he had been in this forest, he had never been to this place.

Surrounded by trees, 2ra found himself lost, and soon, thoughts of his death started to fill his mind.

“Boy found dead in forest.” 2ra thought, with a shiver running down his spine.

Looking down at his Delibird, 2ra was glad to see that the paralysis was starting to wear off, at least that something good. Jumping out of its trainers hands, the bird Pokemon quickly searched through its pouch, taking out a few of the orbs it had tried to use against Seviper.

“De-Deli!” Delibird said as it threw the orbs into the air, landing on the other side of the clearing and causing large explosions, knocking 2ra and Delibird both into a tree.

“Se-VIPER!” the snake said as it loomed out of the shadows and appeared before Delibird, trying to shoot poison stingers at it, but luckily missing.

“Delibird use your Peck attack!” 2ra said, with his Delibird charging in for an attack.

“Vipe!” the snake Pokemon yelled as it started to run off, confusing both 2ra and Delibird.

Running after Seviper, Delibird finally pecked Seviper, making it freak out and use its Glare, but luckily Delibird manages to avert its gaze and shoots small snowflakes at Seviper, stopping it cold.

“We beat Seviper, yeah!” 2ra exclaimed as he jumped up in the air with his Delibird.

“Deli.” Delibird said as it handed 2ra a Pokeball, reminding 2ra to catch it while he can.

“Oh yeah, thanks Delibird, Pokeball go!” 2ra yelled as he threw the ball, hitting Seviper and consuming it whole.

As the ball wobbled, 2ra stood there, stiff as if he was paralyzed, waiting to see if he had actually caught it or not. As the ball stopped moving, a rush of jovial feeling filled 2ra, he had actually caught a Seviper!

“Not bad 2ra, but I still could’ve done better.” a boy said as he walked out of some bushes.

He was about the same age as 2ra, about fourteen, wearing an all orange suit that fit well with his fiery red hair. Grabbing a Pokeball on his belt, the boy threw it up into the air as far as he could, releasing a Pokemon 2ra had never seen before.

It was all white, with a red stripe right through the middle of its chest, its eyes glaring at 2ra. As it fell down onto the earth, the Pokemon sniffed around, sensing that something was near, but what could it be?

“Andrew, why are you here?” 2ra asked.

“I’ve come to settle my families score with yours, we want the Tidal Cave back and I’m willing to battle you for it! My Zangoose can easily defeat you. ” Andrew yelled, with his Zangoose nodding as well.

“The Tidal Cave is rightfully ours, why should I battle you for it?” 2ra asked, but Andrew just sneered and called him a scared little boy.

“What’d you call me?! Grrr…I accept your challenge!” 2ra said blindly, unknown to him that he had fallen into Andrew’s trap.

Andrew’s green eyes seemed to blaze with fire as he threw a blue Pokemon with little bubbles on it, saying, “Lure Ball go!”

As he threw the ball, a blue light engulfed the field, revealing a blue crocodile-like Pokemon. As it started to taunt its opponent, it quickly changed moods and started to dance ballet, causing a drop of sweat like in an anime go on Andrew’s head.

“If you’re using Totodile, then I’m using my newly caught Pokemon!” 2ra yelled as he shot his Pokeball up into the air, releasing his snake Pokemon, but since it was in the air, causes it to fall down onto the ground.

As Andrew chuckled, an drop of sweat ran down 2ra’s head, but he knew he would be able to defeat Andrew and sustain his families honor.

“Uh, Delibird, do you have any ideas on what moves Seviper has?” 2ra embarrassingly asked his Pokemon, but it just shrugged and 2ra found himself in some trouble.

Zangoose, on the other hand, stood there, barely restraining itself from battling its arch foe, but if Totodile lost, he would get his chance, which was starting to give him an idea.

“Seviper, use uh, what did you use against me? Ah, Seviper use Poison Sting!” 2ra said, but he started babbling and Seviper wasn’t able to hear him.

The blue crocodile Pokemon started things of with its water gun, but Seviper managed to dodge it barely and the ground beneath him began to get moist. Seeing that it’s attack did not work, Totodile, quickly runs in for a Scratch attack, startling Seviper and causing it to run off, using Glare on everyone in the area.

“S-S-Seviper, why’d y-you do that?” 2ra asked, stuttering as he talked.

Everyone stood still, even Seviper, as all of them were paralyzed, be it by glare, or fear. A few minutes passed, and finally the paralysis seemed to have worn off of everyone as the battle continued.

“Seviper use Poison Sting!” 2ra told the snake Pokemon, which quickly opened its mouth, ready to attack.

As Totodile started to grow close, Seviper shot an array of stingers, but Totodile ballet danced out to dodge them all! As the two Pokemon stand there, Totodile decides to take the initiative and use Water Gun, only to be dodged again and turn the ground beneath them into a gooey muck.

“Quick Seviper use Poison Sting!” 2ra exclaimed.

As Seviper opened its mouth, more stingers approached Totodile, but it tried to dance out of it and slipped. Zangoose quickly taking advantage of the moment, without anyone noticing, put his paw in the way making Totodile fall back and faint winning Seviper the battle!

“Grr..you just got lucky, that Seviper of yours is weak and I’ll show you! I choose you, Zangoose!” Andrew screamed as he returned Totodile, which came out really high pitched and everyone, even Zangoose, started laughing.

“Shut up, I’ll demolish you with my Zangoose! Now, use your Quick Attack!” Andrew said, trying not to scream like last time.

Zangoose then used all its speed, running as fast as it can, leaving a white light where it has been, smashing into Seviper with an overwhelming force. Scared, Seviper quickly uses Glare, this time only on Zangoose, paralyzing it so that it can make its move.

“Seviper, use Poison Sting!” 2ra told the snake Pokemon.

Opening its mouth again, 2ra actually notices the large red fangs that Seviper has, and gets an idea, if Seviper can even use them. As the snake shoots stingers at Zangoose again, it takes damage, but due to its Immunity Ability, can’t even get poisoned!

“Hahaha, all of Seviper’s attacks are weak against my Zangoose!” Andrew said, as he got an idea on how to defeat Seviper.

“Seviper use your fangs and bite into Zangoose!” 2ra yelled, as he knew that he could finish Zangoose with this last move.

Seviper just stood there, not even moving, afraid of even coming in contact with Zangoose, but that just gave the ferret-looking Pokemon a chance to regain control and use Slash, scratching all over Seviper’s body and knocking it out in one hit.

“Seviper why? Oh well, you did well for your first battle, you deserve some rest.” 2ra said as he took the snakes Pokeball and returned it, as a red light entered the Pokeball.

Looking over to his Pokemon, 2ra’s last chance was Delibird, and Delibird knew that too, taking its place on the field against Zangoose. Their last Pokemon were set, Zangoose versus Delibird, but could 2ra defeat such a powerful Pokemon? Starting to doubt in himself, 2ra falls to the ground, only to be consoled by his own Pokemon.

“Yeah, we can do this Delibird, use your Presents now!” 2ra exclaimed.

As the blue Delibird searched his bag, he managed to find a few, and threw them at Zangoose, which dodged them with just a Quick Attack. As Zangoose closed in on Delibird, thinking quickly himself, Delibird used his bag as a shield, but Zangoose’s claws rip through it, releasing all of Delibird’s presents onto the field! As the two Pokemon stand there, all of the orbs explode, causing a tremendous amount of smoke to fill the field.

“Delibird!” 2ra yelled, calling for his Pokemon to see if it was okay.

“Zangoose!” Andrew started to say, calling out for his Pokemon as 2ra had done.

As the smoke finally settled, the two Pokemon lay there, both fainted from all of the explosions, the match was a tie!

“Ugh, Zangoose return, but mark my words 2ra, I WILL get revenge! You and your specially-colored Delibird got lucky this time…” Andrew said as he returned his Zangoose to its Pokeball and disappeared into the bushes.

“Delibird, you deserve some rest as well, why don’t you return?” 2ra asked as Delibird barely nodded, so 2ra returned it to its Pokeball in a flash of red light.

“I think I need some rest too, too bad I can’t be returned into a Pokeball.” 2ra said to himself, as he walked around, lost.

As it started to get dark, 2ra gave up, slumping down in the shade of a tree, only to be surprised by his Seviper and Delibird, popping out of their Pokeballs, ready to help out.

“Why are you out?” 2ra asked the two Pokemon, but they didn’t reply, they just slithered and walked, leading 2ra out of the forest.

“How did you know the way out?” 2ra asked, but they just shrugged and laughed.

“Thank you, both of you, if it weren’t for you, I’d be stuck in that forest.” 2ra said as he hugged both Pokemon, only to be caught by Daniella.

“Aww, this is a Kodak Moment.” Daniella said as she took of her cap, revealing her dark blue hair.

“Well, today’s been a really hectic day, I just want to fall asleep.” 2ra told her, but she couldn’t really understand and had a confused look on her face.

“Well, I was watching your contest, when the power went out, this little Seviper here cut the electrical wires, I went off chasing it, caught it, then met Andrew and we tied, he wanted to get the Tidal Cave again.” 2ra said, finally out of breath as he finished.

“Well, you’ve had a pretty interesting day, and if you’re wondering, I got third place in the Cute Contest, my Lotad is getting better.” Daniella said.

As he returned his two Pokemon, 2ra said goodbye to Daniella as they both went to their respective houses, 2ra finding that the power still wasn’t back as he entered, finding candles lighting up the entire house. Inside, he found his grandpa, wearing his casual white robe and something that looked like a large blue skirt that went all the way to the ground.

“2ra, you’re back.” the old man said, combing back is wild white hair.

“Yeah, I’ve had a busy day grandpa.” 2ra said, as he started to walk up stairs to his bed.

“Oh, before I forget, tomorrow I have a surprise for you, so get rested.” the old man said, with 2ra barely listening and getting into bed, closing his dark brown eyes and falling asleep.

Preview of Next Time:

Chapter 2: A Broken Heartscale!
After receiving a note from his friend, 2ra is off to the Scarlet Harbor, where he meets Daniella and the school of Luvdisc. Unbeknownst to them a certain trio is coming their way, and the surprise that they're going to get.

http://media.ign.com/boards/images/icons/lotad.gifhttp://media.ign.com/boards/images/icons/seviper.gifhttp://media.ign.com/boards/images/icons/zangoose.gifhttp://media.ign.com/boards/images/icons/solrock.gif

DannyBoy
26th October 2003, 01:13 PM
OK, so far this is way better than your other fic. The length was good and so was the description. I am very surprised with this. So far this seems original with 2ra not having starters and having a Delibird and now a scared Seviper. I liked the beginning with Daniella on TV in a contest. You described the people well and I could picture them in my head. So far I think you are doing good and I hope you continue to. Keep it up!

GeneChildMewtwo
26th October 2003, 02:02 PM
This chapter was good. It had good length to it, and your descriptions have improved a good amount since your previous fic. I've already gave you my input on the small errors I found, so you're probably already on your way to fixing them.

Well, this sounds interesting, I'll be looking forward to the next chapter. Keep it up! :wave:

Venasaur89
26th October 2003, 02:50 PM
Great story 2ra! Its really good, indeed. I thought Andrew was a good guy, oh well _^_

I wanted more of Daniella, she's funny. The whole forest and the Seviper catching was good. You have really improved from your last fic!

What is a Tidal Cave?? it is a cave, but what's the argument on it?

ANd does 2ra have any other family members? Just curious.

Keep it up! 9/10 for the chapter! 1 point off because I saw very few spelling/grammer mistakes, but you will improve over time!

2ra
26th October 2003, 03:19 PM
Yay, three posts already ^^; Well, Daniella will show up a lot more often after Chapter 2, and in Chapter 2 the Tidal Cave is revealed, as that's basically the setting of most of it ^^;;

I'm currently stuck doing my stupid histroy homework on China, how the 5 canonized books represented society, and then 15 more questions e.e Each answer is like 1 paragraph long o_o

Venasaur89
26th October 2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by 2ra
Yay, three posts already ^^; Well, Daniella will show up a lot more often after Chapter 2, and in Chapter 2 the Tidal Cave is revealed, as that's basically the setting of most of it ^^;;

I'm currently stuck doing my stupid histroy homework on China, how the 5 canonized books represented society, and then 15 more questions e.e Each answer is like 1 paragraph long o_o

See, I told you. I will be looking forward finding more about Daniella. Are you in high School? if you are, then you must be doing your World History homework, if I am right.

2ra
27th October 2003, 04:12 PM
Well, here are a few updates for you all ^^

I've created a small, if you can call it small, banner for this fic and put it in my signature for now, I'm trying to get a better one ^^;

Next, this weekend, I should start working on this fic's website, right after I post the second chapter.

Right now, I don't have homework, same thing with tomorrow, but I'm really tierd right now. If you must know, I had a very boring lecture, played a football game, played a basketball game, some spanish work, and stayed afterschool for my club to help out migrant children o_o

I'm thinking about planning what happens in chapter two today or thrusday, so that I can begin writing on Friday, which allows me to work on the site all weekend ^^;

For chapter three, I will need one to two people who would like to be in it to post their Pokemon and characterisitics about themselves along with the basics, description and name, so that I can include you.

If you would like spoilers, ask me for my AIM in a PM, I'll send it to you and give you some spoilers, but not too much ^^ If you do not have AIM, simply PM me asking for spoilers.

Well, that's mostly it, I'll keep you updated as things progress, most of this will be put in the Authors Note Section on the next chapter from now on, but if I had updated it, you probably wouldn't have noticed ^^

Venasaur89: Yes, I'm in AP World History, and I finished it, turning it in today.

RJdude
27th October 2003, 04:37 PM
Great first chapter! much better then your last one. It's more descirptive and such and it's great that you created your own region. You did a great job on it. I can't wait to see where you go with this.

Venasaur89
28th October 2003, 07:50 AM
If you need somebody, here's my profile.

Name: Nabeel.

Looks: 5'3 tall, 125 lbs, mixed, black hairs, black eyes, wears rectangular shaped gray glasses...what else do you need?

Pokemon: Grassy (Treecko) male.. strong, quick, a smart one.
Shroomish: (female) small, weak, not much experienced.

This profile is from my fic.

PS> Nice banner.

2ra
3rd November 2003, 06:10 PM
Eek, sorry, school has intervened with all my plans e.e

Wednesday and Thursday I did the planning for what happens in chapter two, so I was ready on Friday, only for me to have overslept and wake up at one pm e.e

So I decide that I'll start on Saturday, only to find out at the last minute that I have to go to the zoo to work on a project for english class, so I hurrily run over ot my friends house after Saturday Morning Cartoons and work for like six hours on a stupid film about a zoo.

Coming home, I feel dead and fall asleep, waking up late again on Sunday only to be flooded with homework. So its late again, and still don't have a chance to write x_x

Now its Monday, and I'm flooded with homework again, so its postponed until next week, I'm so sorry, its been all hectic lately x.x Hopefully, all that happens in the next chapter will make up for it, and since it;s so much I've been trying to write it while my mind is fresh, in the morning, that's why its been postponed.

On a good note, this does give me a lot more planning time and if I'm up to it I'll be able to write the next two chapters on Saturday, and I did get to work a little bit on the site on Saturday. Again, I'm terribly sorry :(

Venasaur89
3rd November 2003, 06:45 PM
Uhh...stop making excuses, boy:mad:. Just kidding...take your time...I can see how hard high school can be...I will be looking for the next chapter.

2ra
28th November 2003, 02:26 PM
Uh, my mistake ^^ I kinda posted the 1st chapter on here instead of editing the first post e.e

Anyways, I'm on my way to edit the first post right now, putting up a preview for the next chapter, which i'm going to start working on now that I finally got a title for it, however bad it may be, but its kinda hard to get a title for this certain chapter o.o

Sorry for the BIG wait, but school has really taken over my life, been so busy, I even forgot I had a fic x.x Luckily, I've managed to get good grades, got 2 A's and 4 B's on my last report card and currently have 3 A's, but I have a D in english because of this stupid assignment so I have to work on getting that grade up o.o

Enough about me, I better start writing the next chapter :P