PDA

View Full Version : DarkDragonite vs. Hikaru (Ref: The Muffin Man)

Moltrecuno
26th October 2003, 03:56 PM
Rules

2 vs. 2

Both Trainers must PM the ref with the pokemon of their choice that you will use first. You know what ones you can and cannot use. The ref will then post your choices and the battle will start off as usual.

DQ: 1 Week

Attack Order:
DarkDragonite Attacks First
Hikaru Attacks Second

Both alternate after that.

Arena: Indigo Plateau Stadium (Rock Floored Arena)

Any questions should be asked in the main Tourney Topic.

The Muffin Man
31st October 2003, 02:03 PM
Alright! Hikaru sends out Amigo the Saniigo, the female Corsola!

DarkDragonite's pokemon will be Basilisk! The male Dratini!

Trainers call out attacks NOW!

Note - I ref their movement a bit different. I use Stadium unless it's unfeasable. Dratini will hover, but is low enough for Ground-attacks to strike him. Corsola hops/skips. Neither is at a disadvantage(except Corsola to a MINOR degree and only if it decides to hide).

Dark Dragonite
31st October 2003, 03:47 PM
Ok, Basilisk we have to be on the defensive until we get an opening, so start off with a Double Team, then go for a Safeguard, and finish this round with a Thunderbolt!!

Subs:
~If Corsola uses an ice type attack, say Icebeam, use Agility to avoid it, after the doubleteam is completed of course, however if a Blizzard/icy wind attack is used, try a Light Screen.

Hikaru
4th November 2003, 03:53 PM
Not surprising, seeing how overrated Dratini is in ASB. Oooh, crazy substitutions , no less. Okay, let's do this, Corsola.

Use a widespread Spike Cannon, shooting a good stream at all of the clones one by one until the real one is shown. Depending on the definition of Safeguard, use either Double Team (If Safeguard prevents all attacks) or a quick Ice Beam (If Safeguard just prevents status changes). Given the power of Safeguard, I don't think it'll be able to Agility while Safeguarding. Finish the round with a Mirror Coat.

Spike Cannon ~ Double Team/Ice Beam ~ Mirror Coat

Hikaru
23rd November 2003, 02:03 PM
bump

Dark Dragonite
6th December 2003, 04:19 PM
Ok, Mike, please, if you are running for business head, and stuff, please take some time to ref this, or post that you are too busy, and hopefully another IBPT ref can take over, since Molte hasn't done anything about it.

The Muffin Man
6th December 2003, 04:29 PM
I apologize for the delay. I'll try to get it up by Monday night.

Dark Dragonite
21st December 2003, 04:38 PM
Will Any IBPT ref please ref this, for my sanity, please??

Hikaru
4th January 2004, 02:23 PM
This is obscene.

Yumemiru
5th January 2004, 03:02 PM
I have sent The Muffin Man a warning via PM. Under one of the rules made on 01/03/04, abandoning referee duties that one has signed up for is a punishable offense. Hopefully he will clear this up soon. If he chooses to pay the fine and not ref the battle, he has been told to aid you in finding a permanent sub-ref.

The Muffin Man
5th January 2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Hikaru
This is obscene.

So is being treated like a freaking servant. If you hadn't whined and moaned and complained for 2 months and LOOKED for a sub-ref, you wouldn't have gotten this far.

And I'm dropping this if the next 2 Pokemon are Houndour and/or Staryu.

To remind you - 1.Either stop treating me like a servant and don't give the guy who determines WHAT HAPPENS to your Pokemon so much crap, or prepare for consequences.
2.Be original in your choices.

Especially you Hikaru. DD at least thought better of it and didn't treat me like his ref monkey.

Stats - Nothings happened.
Etc. - Ref is pissed.
Pokemon - Same ****, different battle.

Round 1. Blah.

Corsola and Dratini square off for the...*counts. Runs out of fingers* lots of times. Dratini nods at his trainer, as does Corsola. Given his commands, Basilisk quickly sets up a line of substitutes, weaving them in and out of rock formations, covering 4 of the 5 clones(and possibly itself).

Corsola grumbles a bit, slightly irked that it's trainer never anticipated the ROCKS in the arena, but decides to try its best, Corsola fires a quick line of spikes from her spiney shell/head, all in a straight line. Unfortunetly, the Dratini stays relatively hidden, and only one clone is hit, as the others are partially hidden by large rocks.

Dratini is feeling a bit confident, and starts to glow a faint green, his body surrounded by the protective aura. Corsola, seeing the glow, dashes behind the rock, as the other Dratini are not glowing at the moment. Amigo smiles at her clever plan, and charges a bolt of icy energy upon her main horn. Dratini gasps, looking around. It'd be too hard to agility, but decides to try, weaving in and out of rocks as Amigo the Saniigo conserves energy, firing small bolts of energy rather than the whole damn thing. Corsolas intelligent use of Ice Beam pays off, as a weaker bolt strikes Dratini's tail.

Corsola and Dratini stop, and ask each other how the weather is, since neither one has any commands left, and Mirror Coat would just strain them out.
"Meh. S'Alright"
"Cool...So...seen any good movies?"
"The King Returns!"
"Yeah. I'd go see it, but they don't really let Dragon-types in..."
"Oh..."

o_O;;

END ROUND:
Dratini - 95%, Energy - 9% Fatigue(Not LEFT. The higher the worse)
Confident. Jealous he didn't get to see LoTR o.o;; 4 clones, glow is faded, Safeguard for 2 more rounds or so(approx. 4 more actions)
Corsola - 100%, energy - 11%.
Annoyed she waited so long for Ice Beam. Otherwise fine.

Hikaru
5th January 2004, 03:32 PM
I wasn't making the "obscene" statement directly at you, TMM, but at Molty, who was allegedly running this tournament. As the person in charge, it's her duty to find a sub-ref, especially after DD posted in this thread and the main tourney thread that the match wasn't being reffed. The whole fine stuff is another story, one I'm not too pleased with, either.

The Muffin Man
8th January 2004, 10:09 AM
You have 4 days left DD. Please post, or I will have to DQ you.

Hikaru
8th January 2004, 12:12 PM
Actually, isn't it my turn to post attacks?

Dark Dragonite
8th January 2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Moltrecuno
Rules

Attack Order:
DarkDragonite Attacks First
Hikaru Attacks Second

Both alternate after that.

Yep, thanks Hikaru!!

The Muffin Man
8th January 2004, 08:31 PM
My mistake.

You still only have about 3-4 days...

Hikaru
9th January 2004, 01:07 PM
Use the rocks and duck and cover, shooting out Spike Cannons to get rid of the clones.. If you see any special attacks coming your way, Mirror Coat.

Spike Cannon/Mirror Coat as applicable

Dark Dragonite
10th January 2004, 10:49 PM
Ok, it's time I start using strategy here Basilisk!!
Basilisk, start off with a Mist so Corsola can't see you to aim, then, Agility to sneak up behind Corsola, and before it realises you are there, and attacking, hit it with a hard Zap Cannon!!

The Muffin Man
14th January 2004, 12:57 PM
While I have the urge to write, I better get to this ;)

Oh and if anyone tries sneaky tactics(i.e later on uses Psychic to try and crush the opponent under rocks), I will be penalizing that. And if the opponent IS hit, by a legal attack(I.e Body Slam onto a sharp rock) their "Serious wounds" will be healed, so no broken bones.

Dratini - 95%, Energy - 9% Fatigue(Not LEFT. The higher the worse) Mist ~ Agility to sneak up behind Corsola ~ Zap Cannon
Confident. Jealous he didn't get to see LoTR o.o;; 4 clones, glow is faded, Safeguard for 2 more rounds or so(approx. 4 more actions)
Corsola - 100%, energy - 11%. Spike Cannon/Mirror Coat as neccasary.
Annoyed she waited so long for Ice Beam. Otherwise fine.

Corsola and Dratini are now on almost equal footing. Dratini is less tired, but Corsola isn't damaged yet. They are given their orders and nod.

Corsola skitters around the area, as a dense fog bank seems to roll in, Dratini summoning it, but has a chance to pick off 2 more clones before it happens, using a spray of spikes.. Corsola squints, seeing a very faint snake-like Pokemon, aiming and firing, hitting Dratini right in the chest, and illiminating his need for clones*as the old ones have no bruises in that area*.

Dratini darts around now, narrowly avoiding rocks and Corsola quickly fires spike after spike, hoping to nail Dratini again, but the slithery, swift serpent Pokemon is too fast, and comes to a stop, resting at a rock behind Corsola.

Dratini leaps onto the rock(as only Dratini can) and charges the Zap Cannon, his body tingling, as well as Corsola's, as the water-based Mist seems to be reacting. Corsola, picking up the tingle coming from the back spikes, spins around as Zap Cannon is fired, the wave of electricity being stopped, but only in time to prevent paralasis, and is sent flying back at Dratini, hitting him hard, and paralyzing him. Unfortunetly, the fog carried some of the pulses through to Corsola, and caused slight paralasis in her too.

Amigo the Saniigo, the Corsola - 87%, 26% slight paralasis(25% chance of not attacking)
Basilisk the Dratini - 85%, 21%, Slight paralasis(25% of not attacking)

Before you get on my case about the fog carrying the current, this is from the animes physics. Where stuff like that can happen :-P

Dark Dragonite
15th January 2004, 05:33 PM
Ok, Ummmm....
Basilisk, we have to keep up fighting, so start with a Dragon Dance maybe seeing you start dancing instead of attacking will confuse it. Then, if Corsola tries any kind of beam attacks, put up a Reflect, and Iron tail it, if no beams are sent your way, try to Wrap your opponent, then Iron tail it.

Dragon Dance ~ Reflect/Wrap ~ Iron tail

Hikaru
15th January 2004, 06:04 PM
Hrm.. RuSa moves are allowed?

IF they are, then do this, Corsola:

Dragon Dance isn't a confusing move, it's just like Swords Dance. And, since we're using new moves.. let's try an ice-type non-beam attack... Icicle Spear. If it has you wrapped, then use Spike Cannons until you're free, then another Icicle Spear. If not, just Icicle Spears ^_^;

Icicle Spear, Spike Cannon as necessary, Icicle Spear x whatever's left.

---------

IF RuSa Moves are NOT allowed..

Dratini will be a sitting duck, not knowing what to do... Perfect opportunity for a Spike Cannon! Then, when it goes to wrap you, fire off a Screech, then an Ice Beam!

The Muffin Man
25th January 2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Hikaru
Hrm.. RuSa moves are allowed?

IF they are, then do this, Corsola:

Dragon Dance isn't a confusing move, it's just like Swords Dance. And, since we're using new moves.. let's try an ice-type non-beam attack... Icicle Spear. If it has you wrapped, then use Spike Cannons until you're free, then another Icicle Spear. If not, just Icicle Spears ^_^;

Icicle Spear, Spike Cannon as necessary, Icicle Spear x whatever's left.

---------

IF RuSa Moves are NOT allowed..

Dratini will be a sitting duck, not knowing what to do... Perfect opportunity for a Spike Cannon! Then, when it goes to wrap you, fire off a Screech, then an Ice Beam!

No, RS moves aren't allowed. The battle started BEFORE RS Moves.

DD, since it's not very fair that you did not know this, I'll make up the long waits by letting you rechoose your attacks. That is, if Hikaru will allow it, anyhow. Since you'd both have to pick new attacks.

If it's not worth the hassle just say so, heh.

Dark Dragonite
25th January 2004, 04:27 PM
Thanks for giving me a chance Mike, if Hikaru agrees, I will repost attacks, asap, if not, I'll just try to make up for it next round.

Hikaru
25th January 2004, 06:28 PM
Go ahead and repost attacks ^^;

Dark Dragonite
27th January 2004, 07:59 PM
Well, nothing fancy here, Basilisk, we're on more of a defensive.
If any beam attacks are used, put up a Reflect and just concentrate on keeping it between you and your foe, if they use special attacks, such as beam attacks. If Physical attacks are how they want to play, go for Iron Tail to smack Corsola, or any spikes shot at you back.

Reflect/Iron Tail the whole round as needed

Hikaru
27th January 2004, 08:23 PM
Oye, I'm interested to see how the thought processes would be reffed in this situation. But I hope there's no need for it.

Saniigo, use Psychic to slam Dratini into a rock. Then use a Toxic while it's trying to recover, and finish with a Double Team.

The Muffin Man
1st February 2004, 02:54 PM
Heh. Sorry, don't wanna start THAT again..

Anyway...

Pre-battle!
Amigo the Saniigo, the Corsola - 87%, 26% slight paralasis(25% chance of not attacking)
Basilisk the Dratini - 85%, 21%, Slight paralasis(25% of not attacking)

Round 3!

Corsola and Dratini stare each other down, there orders received loud and clear. Corsola nods and begins to concentrate, a blue aura appearing around Dratini, who has no idea how to classify this - Physical, or beam? Reflect will not stop this at all, so Dratini doesn't waste the energy and hopes for the best. As if his prayers are heard, Corsolas body tightens up, Dratini plopping gently down as paralasis seizes Corsolas body. Dratini, luckily, has time to slither away and hope for a Beam attack he can block.

Corsola shakes it off, and straightens her aim as the fog slowly lifts, slowly lifting over the course of the round, and she can see the Dratini clearly. She slowly forms a ball of goey poison in her jaws, and spits it out quickly at Dratini. Confused as to how this attack is classified, Dratini hopes to Reflect, but the shield sputters as Dratini is now gripped by the numbing paralasis, and splattered with poison! Thankfully, the tightened muscles don't take the poisons in nearly as fast, and Dratini is only mildly poisoned...for now.

Dratini feels a twinge of pain as Corsola prepares to replicate, falling down as her body tightens up for yet another bout of paralasis. Dratini sees this as a god send, and winces as the poison takes its' toll...

Amigo - 87%, 32%, paralyzed(one more action, 25% chance of not attacking) unhappy, minor aches, but no problems.
Basilisk - 82%, 24%, Poisoned(3% last action, 2%+ each round, Paralyzed, one more acton, 25% chance of not attacking) unhappy, but confident.

Hikaru
6th February 2004, 01:26 AM
Sh1t, my bad. ;_;

Double Team, Tackle, Spike Cannon.

Dark Dragonite
6th February 2004, 09:25 AM
Basilisk, Rain dance to waste those clones, Iron tail Corsola as it tries to tackle you for extra pain, and finish with Thunder to fry it more.

*Since I'm too lazy to check un pokedex right now, if for some reason Dratini can't use Thunder, use thunderbolt, or zap cannon
>= )

The Muffin Man
12th February 2004, 05:55 PM
My apologies. I'll get this up ASAP. Been kind of sick.

Hikaru
26th February 2004, 04:17 PM
"And I'm his friend, Jesus"
- Dr. John Zoidberg, a Medical Corporation

The Muffin Man
4th March 2004, 09:13 AM
I'm REALLY sorry for wasting your time guys...but it looks like even if this battle does finish up, Molty won't be around to do anything about it anyhow...

So, whaddya guys say, mutual forfeit? That way nobody wins or loses. Or shall I continue until this last Pokemon goes down? Don't think it counts towards an Evo/catch though.

Cyrus
4th March 2004, 09:28 AM
It does count toward a catch / evo.

Hikaru
4th March 2004, 01:14 PM
Then I'm up for a draw =D

Dark Dragonite
7th March 2004, 05:05 AM
A draw it is then.