PDA

View Full Version : My killer Yata deck (revised)

Last Exile
26th October 2003, 07:22 PM
I came up with a new idea to make it work a bit better, and it did me well in yesterday's tourney, giving me the win.

Monsters: (16)

Gemini Elf x 3
Mystic Tomato x 2
Spirit Reaper x 2
Don Zaloog
Yata-Garasu
Jinzo
Injection Fairy Lily
Sangan
Witch of the Black Forest
Exiled Force
Tribe Infecting Virus
Breaker The Magical Warrior

Magic: (17)

Mystical Space Typhoon x 3
Graceful Charity
Pot of Greed
Harpie's Feather Duster
Heavy Storm
Raigeki
Dark Hole
Swords of Revealing Light
Change of Heart
Snatch Steal
Confiscation
Delinquent Duo
The Forceful Sentry
Monster Reborn
Premature Burial

Traps: (7)

Magic Drain x 2
Mirror Force
Ring of Destruction
Imperial Order
Torrential Tribute
Call of the Haunted

I felt quite pained about having to remove Mirage of Nightmare and Magic Cylinder to make room for the two Magi Drains, but in the end in was a good choice. Magic Cylinder is not suited for the Yata lock and Mirage of Nightmare is not a good card to have when MST ain't with it. Magic Drain may confuse some people, but I found it damn ideal for the lock. If your opponent really wants to use that magic card they play, they have to lose another one to use it. i.e. More hand manipulation. It was definitely the difference in my final two matches.

Your thoughts? My only regret is I don't know if I can slip in Sinister Serpent now if I can actually get one.

PS. I ain't ever removing Injection Fairy Lily from this deck. I need her to get past Gravity Bind, Messenger of Peace and to take out things like Summoned Skull, Blue Eyes White Dragon and pumped up monsters.

Dark-San
26th October 2003, 08:51 PM
- 1 Exiled Force
+ 1 Sinister Serpent

Wonder why ppl still play exiled force when tribe infecting virus is already out -_-"

Last Exile
26th October 2003, 10:55 PM
The discard effect of Tribe virus can be a bit of a negative. Besides, Exiled never lets me down. I keep it on because people around her use at elast 2 spirit reapers and other annoying blockers or mystic tomatos.

Your move sounds decent though. If I actually manage to get hold of Sinister Serpent, I'll try it.