PDA

View Full Version : Initiative

Craig
26th October 2003, 08:54 PM
As you may have noticed, I have had various ..coming soon things in my sig, but recently taken it out, as I realised.. I probably would not finish the series, and it would probably just end up as another, uncompleted fic. I realised this is not because of writers block, not knowing what to write..but because of initiative. I never seem to want to sit down and write, but when I do.. I like it..

Hopefully, this topic can be a tip list of things to do to get in the writing mood? :) Maybe im just lazy..hah.

edit: I made a typo in the subject?? :( Can a mod fix this please if you have time? ^^

DannyBoy
26th October 2003, 08:57 PM
I know what you mean with that. SOmetimes I just let myself get really bored by not answering the phone and turning off teh TV and just sit and then I just get in a writing mood or I just writing random jibberish and then just start writing chaps for my fics or something like that. Or another thing is I plan out what I want to write and then I get in the mood to do it. The best time to write is on Rainy days. I could write 5 chapters in a day when it rains. It takes time and sometimes I go awhile with out doing one and then I get in the mood. It takes time but you will get in the mood to write. Hope this helps some.:yes:

Tha Legend
26th October 2003, 10:22 PM
WHen I really wanna write I put on some music about what I want to write about. As of late, it seems that the pokèmon song "Viridian City" puts me in the trainer-fic mood. Most of the time good old Busta, Red and Meth, or Twista help me through the tough spots.

~Legend~

mr_pikachu
21st November 2003, 09:35 PM
Hey, just do what I do. Daydream about possibilities for your fic all day long. Especially when you're in class. This opens your mind to ideas, gets you excited about your fic, and gets you kicked out of school, all of which help you to write more. ;)

dratinihaunter13
22nd November 2003, 06:48 AM
ugh, i've had trouble with this exact thing! it's terrible, cuz i wanna finish the story all the time but with all sorts of different stuff going on, i dunno. it's hard to find time to write for me, then once i have time - the initiative. My advice would be to get up in the morning, think about your day's schedule and decide then and there if you have a space available to write a chapter. then do it when the scheduled time comes. it'll get ya thinking about it until then. as for whether the fic will be incomplete or not, don't worry too much about it. if something interests you right then and there, don't starve yourself, write about it! it's good for you! lol, but yeah, sometimes it's just good to get in the habit of doing that. if ya don't feel like writing, then don't. shouldn't be forced =).

ya i'll throw in an extra 'i' up there

Chris 2.1
8th December 2003, 11:55 AM
I'm leaving the boards on new years eve, so I want to get as many Chappies from FSTT up as I can, but its difficult most nights....i'm doing my best, though!

classy_cat18
8th December 2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by mr_pikachu
Hey, just do what I do. Daydream about possibilities for your fic all day long. Especially when you're in class. This opens your mind to ideas, gets you excited about your fic, and gets you kicked out of school, all of which help you to write more. ;)

Oh boy. I've been doing the same thing. Homework and studying sucks. :P

Topaz
9th December 2003, 06:04 PM
I know this sounds pretty dodgy, but what I do, is I go to FF.net and look around beginning fictions, I give them tips on how to improve, but mostly I pick up what *not* to do and I get really worked up rewritting what they've done in my head. By the time I get to my room I'm still in that kind of mood and I just get going...

The Decapitated Mole
17th December 2003, 04:02 PM
I've obviously had some lack of initiative, as can be seen by the number of times I've abandoned fics, and the fact that I haven't updated it in 2 months. Poo. Well... just wait it out, and write whenever you feel anything. It worked for me, and now I have brilliant new chapter!

o_0
jimm

Gavin Luper
17th December 2003, 09:37 PM
I've never had that problem with Lisa the Legend, but with all the other things I try to write, I always look back on it after I've written a couple of pages, and it just doesn't seem right. So I delete it, and try again, with the same result. It's been the same sort of thing for me for the last six months ... I've never actually finished a chapter because it just doesn't have the right atmosphere. It's strange, I can't explain it very well, and it's made all the more frustrating by the fact that I've got a million ideas in my head, but just can't seem to put them down onto paper. I dunno if it's writer's block or what, but it is so damn annoying, I honestly wish I could get over it.

I think the hardest part is the beginning of a story. I know that if I could get the beginning right, the rest would flow. Maybe that's the key to all stories.

Let's just hope I get the beginning right sooner or later, it's driving me mental.

Oakbark
26th December 2003, 06:55 AM
Yeah, Gavin, everything you've said is parallel to me and my writing problems.

I've got millions of ideas, but I can't get the opening chapter right, and if that's not right I won't keep going. I've got dozens of saved MS Word files with a page or two written.

*sigh*

Oaky.

Powarun
26th December 2003, 04:03 PM
Yep, I tried to make a 3 fics, and failed, and now I am working on a 4th fic, but it is more of a short story than anything, already on the seventh page, and hoping just to end at 14 or something. Mainly I failed at making fics, is I thought I would have more time than I planned.