PDA

View Full Version : What Major Nintendo Characters Have Animes?

MikeNBulbasaur
30th December 2002, 06:20 AM
apart from POKéMON which nintendo characters have animes?
e.g. Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Donkey Kong

(p.s. dont say Dbz or somethin simalar just bcos its on GBA or N64, ect.)

RedStarWarrior
30th December 2002, 08:08 AM
Kirby has one...but I am not sure about other Nintendo stars. Didn't Mario use to have one? I can't remember.

ShadowDino
30th December 2002, 03:47 PM
Nope, Mario has the widly popular "Super Mario Super Show", but that was a cartoon, not an Anime. It stretch first with the Super Mario Bros. 3 games before eventually going to Super Mario World and featuring Yoshi. But remember, it wasn't an Anime

The Zelda Series had a short-running cartoon series that was focused around the original Zelda/Zelda II games. It featured a horny Link always trying to score with Zelda, with the king laughing at Link's attempt to win his daughter over. And every once in awhile Ganon tries to take over Hyrule. Like Mario, it wasn't an Anime

Donkey Kong had that horrid 3d Animated "Donkey Kong Country", which throughlly disgraced the DKC franchise and DK himself with at least two songs every episode. Makes me vomit each time I think about it...thankfully not an Anime

Other than that, Kirby has "Hoshi no Kirby", better known as "Kirby: Right Back at Ya!", where it has all sorts of battles and such. Besides Pokemon, Kirby is the only major Nintendo franchise to have an Anime.

That's about it, so to recap...

Mario: Awesome Cartoon
Zelda: Awesome Cartoon featuring a horny Link
DK: HORRIBLE CARTOON
Kirby: Anime

Hope that helped

Wild Female Machoke
30th December 2002, 05:31 PM
I looked up in the anime encyclopedia and there is a Mario anime. However, it was actually produced WAAAAY back in the 1980's. According to the encyclopedia, the plot in the series followed many fairy tales (e.g. Rumplestilskin). Before Pokémon and many other game animes, Mario is actually the first video game character to appear in an anime series.

Blue Hiker
2nd January 2003, 09:29 PM
Are you sure that 3D "Donkey Kong Country" series wasn't anime?

I didn't think it was either, but I'm sure I saw it on a Japanese production company's website before.

I hope it was just an import from the US or something, but you never know... :o

Azure Pathos-Sketchit
5th January 2003, 09:49 PM
I've been told that there actually IS a Zelda anime. If that is true, I'd like to see some pictures.

MikeNBulbasaur
6th January 2003, 04:40 PM
Thanks all of u for helping to answer my question. oh & i don't mean to be a pain in the @$$ but could u add an attachment of a picture or a Link (a bit of a pun there ^_^) to a picture from the anime/cartoon? plz :confused: thanks again :D
cya :wave:

Shadowfax
17th January 2003, 03:07 AM
uhh, none of these are actually anime

except maybe Kirby, but I've never seen it.